PDA

View Full Version : Hey D&D 5E anyone? i just bought ultimate membership and a bunch of stuff.

joecrowley57
May 23rd, 2016, 17:57
We would need a DM, or i cld try. I just wanna play. message me im wicked nice (:

damned
May 24th, 2016, 04:54
Well done joecrowley57
Did you get Lost Mines of Phandelver?
Watch a vid or two on youtube/twitch of a GM running parts of this, have a little test run with one or two players and then go for it :)

joecrowley57
May 24th, 2016, 14:35
yes I did get that, but I'm having trouble setting up a game

Powerbug
May 24th, 2016, 15:25
I see you took the plunge, like I did a couple weeks ago. Like Damned said, watch some videos and play around with the software because it takes some time. There is a wiki and some really good youtube guides as well. There is a sample adventure included with the software for D&D 5e and in a week or so I will look for new players to learn together.

Klaatu_the_druid
May 24th, 2016, 22:29
I'm pretty new to D&D and FG, but willing to jump in if you want a test run with some players.

Aeolus
May 24th, 2016, 23:31
Hey man, I would love to join in.

Powerbug
May 25th, 2016, 15:15
Sounds good. Once I'm more fluid with the program I'll throw up a post looking for some new players and I'll throw you two a PM.

rob2e
May 25th, 2016, 20:44
Hey Joe I would be happy to be one of your players. I'm VERY proficient with Fantasy Grounds, and I could help you DM. I could be your DM sidekick, as long as I don't get spoilers. I would have to avert my eyes on story elements. I'm looking to play any of these... Out of the Abyss, Scourge of the Sword Coast, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (and it's sequel Rise of Tiamat). Were you planning on running any of those?

zack2488
May 25th, 2016, 21:58
I'm down to play I'm new to fg but not 5e..

perrin634
May 26th, 2016, 02:08
I tried to get a game together tonight but the group never showed. If you get one together than I can either DM or join. It would be my first game as a DM, but I'm willing to try it out.

damned
May 26th, 2016, 02:19
Hey perrin634 how did you set the game up? Did you use the FG Calendar here? Did you set YOUR timezone in your profile?
TimeZone miscommunication is super easy in getting the first session going.... :(
Sadly drop outs in online gaming happen too often but if no one turned up I would think that it was some communication problem one way or another!

Actually I just saw your game calendar post.
Add your proposed time in the calendar so people can see it and can apply and confirm the time.
Also start a thread using the suggested template and state what days and time YOU want to play.
State players must contact you via the thread or PM and signup in the game calendar to reduce the likelihood of dropouts.
Communicate with them prior to the game to confirm (I prefer emailing them direct once I have the group setup as many players are not regulars on the forum).
In most cases you will find plenty of players unless you are playing early.
If you just do a Calendar entry you probably wont get the results you want.
Keep the thread up to date - eg if it fills up let people know and let any extras know that the game is full.

Ludus Dominus
May 26th, 2016, 02:34
Im in search of a game. it's been months since my last fix. I'm new to FG and 5e but have been playing advanced, 3, 3.5 since 98. plus I have the hardcopies for 5e at home for most of everything. I need a game man....

chrismartel0817
May 28th, 2016, 19:44
Im interested in joining as a player. Coming over to FG from roll20

perrin634
May 28th, 2016, 21:41
I currently have 6 slotted which is the max i wanted to run for my first time as a DM on FG. Tell you what. Stay online on Monday night and if no one shows up you will be the first i notify

Ludus Dominus
May 31st, 2016, 04:10
cool