PDA

View Full Version : Moving something from one tab to another.

villadelfia
May 23rd, 2016, 16:33
Let's say I have the "FG Battle Maps" tab open, how do I move an image from that tab to my tab.

When I do that, it seems to work, but when I restart FG, it's back where it started.

Other changes like renaming are persisted properly.

I've done some more testing, and here is my process:

1. I've named my tab "Main" by dragging that word onto it.
2. I've dragged the map "Streets2" to the "Main" group, and renamed it "Test"
3. I've typed "/save" just to make sure.
4. In the moduledb folder, "FG Battle Maps.xml" now reads as follows:

<category name="Main" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00019>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Streets2.jpg</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Test</name>
</id-00019>
</category>

This looks correct to me. However, when I reload, it moved back to its original tab, but still with the name Test. If I then save the campaign, the xml reverts to the following:

<category name="FG Battle Maps" mergeid="FG Battle Maps" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00019>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Streets2.jpg</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Test</name>
</id-00019>
</category>

So what it looks like to me is that you can rename images from modules, you can remove images from modules (it's a pain to get them back) but you can not put them in a different category.

What other things can I not change?

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2016, 18:04
When you move the map you aren't making a copy of the map but rather moving if from one tab to another. So when you reload it goes back to where it belongs. It looks like you can't take such maps out of their 'correct' location. However if the map is one you created yourself it will do what you expect and will stay in the tab that you created.

Octavious
May 25th, 2016, 17:37
I am not at my computer where I have FG on but...... I think this may work,, make a new diagram "drawing" in your tab you want the map/maps to be then drag the map image you want from the FG Battle Maps module onto the drawing.. it should stay.. a little out of the way to do it but at least you have the link to it in your map sections. If your handy with a graphics program you could make a texture with text on it to label your pins.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2016, 17:44
An easier way would be to add them to a Story entry - you can then adjust the labels easily, etc.. I know it's not in the Images categories, but at least it allows you to collect the images you want to separate out in one place.