PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna teach me the interface? i have an ultimate subscription

joecrowley57
May 23rd, 2016, 13:03
I could use help learning the interface. i am also looking to join a weekly group. message me

damned
May 23rd, 2016, 13:05
Player or GM?
Any specific ruleset?

In most cases GMs wont come looking for you. You will need to approach the GMs that have posted games up.

viresanimi
May 23rd, 2016, 13:21
Check your PM's

Vires Animi

dulux-oz
May 23rd, 2016, 13:57
I could use help learning the interface. i am also looking to join a weekly group. message me

Hi Joe,

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE Sound, Locations, Weather and Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

joecrowley57
May 23rd, 2016, 14:16
Thank you very much i will go check those out now. The other things i was wondering about is membership. I dont really DM, so is it a waste for me to have an ultimate subscription? and also is there any specific way you recomend i find a weekly group? thank you for your help

damned
May 23rd, 2016, 14:35
The Ultimate is designed for GMs. It doesnt give you anything more than a Full License would as a player.
However - the world needs more GMs and there is a secret GM inside of every gamer :)

RespawningPleaseWait
May 23rd, 2016, 15:34
there is a secret GM inside of every gamer :)

Are you sure? I've hacked open a few gamers and all I've found was an amethyst, a wand of roleplaying, and alot of gore. Not a single GM yet.

damned
May 23rd, 2016, 15:50
Are you sure? I've hacked open a few gamers and all I've found was an amethyst, a wand of roleplaying, and alot of gore. Not a single GM yet.

Sometimes a summoning spell is required and other times its like the Slayer - a new Slayer will appear when the old one dies.

dulux-oz
May 23rd, 2016, 16:07
Sometimes a summoning spell is required and other times its like the Slayer - a new Slayer will appear when the old one dies.

I would have gone with the Phoenix metaphor - or the Grim Reaper one (aka Mort)

viresanimi
May 23rd, 2016, 16:39
I would have gone with the Phoenix metaphor - or the Grim Reaper one (aka Mort)

I wonder if his sword has meteorite in it. Like Terry Pratchett's sword had. Or just made of Infinity. In which case it is blue of course.

I actually had a chat with Joe on skype and showed him a bit about creating characters and how combat works in FG. It was great to have an opportunity to help people here, since so many of you guys have helped me over the years. Lets all hug and just welcome a new member to the place.

Vires Animi

joecrowley57
May 23rd, 2016, 17:54
Anyone have a weekly group they would let me join? i have ultimate and a bunch of stuff. I am a dedicated player

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2016, 18:42
Suggest you post your availability and the desired games your looking to get involved with as their is a good amount of different genre's going around here. Welcome BTW ...and good luck.

Andraax
May 23rd, 2016, 18:47
I have an opening in my Tuesday evening group, Castles and Crusades, 8-11pm, US/Central.

joecrowley57
May 24th, 2016, 00:15
Hey if you guys know of a group that plays frequentlty i am avidly searching for one