PDA

View Full Version : Borderless tokens...?

ausmara
May 23rd, 2016, 05:17
Attempting to make some custom tokens for our games, I have made what I wanted but they still have the default gold border as seen in my screenshot:

damned
May 23rd, 2016, 06:42
Hey ausmara welcome!
Every ruleset does apply a border to the tokens. You could modify this behaviour with an extension to replace the portrait*.png files with blank/transparent png files.

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2016, 14:47
To clarify - FG auto creates a token from the portrait added to a PC. It is this process that adds the border.

If you then manually add a token from the token bag, this token will be used as is - FG will not add a border to a token.

So, if you don't want a border (i.e. you token file used as is) then put them in the token directories: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Loading_Locations and use them from there.

ausmara
May 24th, 2016, 03:07
Ohh I see, I only have the Core class pack at the moment so my options when starting the program are PC+Library, no token option, just the auto created from player portrait.

Trenloe
May 24th, 2016, 03:33
You always have token options. Click on the token button in the bottom right corner of the desktop... you may need to open some token modules, or load up some of your custom tokens.

Read through the page on tokens I linked above, Lots more info on what you can do with them there.

ausmara
May 24th, 2016, 03:56
Will take a look once I get home. Are token options supposed to be available when managing a character? Because when I manage characters I only have PC and Library. When I do campaign I have token options. And tokens appear 'as is'

And reading what you posted, looks like tokens only show in campaign! Reading is fun!

Trenloe
May 24th, 2016, 04:08
Yeah, tokens are a GM resource and so are accessible in a campaign, not manage characters (which is player functionality). You'll notice you can set the portrait for a PC in manage characters, but not the token.

arkanis
March 8th, 2017, 11:54
Hi, Is there a way to remove the token shadow? I'd like to hide map features from players using a blank token (cause I don't know a better way to do it and masking don't fit the situation)

Nickademus
March 8th, 2017, 15:29
Why not make the token hidden in FG? Right-click the token, choose the northwest option 'Visibility' and then the west option 'Set Always Invisible'.

JohnD
March 8th, 2017, 17:26
Those maps that cross over each other are always going to be a pain in the *** in a VTT medium.

Trenloe
March 8th, 2017, 17:35
Hi, Is there a way to remove the token shadow? I'd like to hide map features from players using a blank token (cause I don't know a better way to do it and masking don't fit the situation)
I don't think there is a way to remove the drop shadow, even with an extension.

Not idea, I know, but you can use a graphics app clone tool to remove the unwanted stuff before you play - see this video from about 2:50: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/tutorial/xorne-rescale-1a.wmv

arkanis
March 9th, 2017, 11:25
Thanks everyone for you answers, sad there's no other way than to edit the image previously, but thanks anyway

Patou
March 9th, 2017, 14:04
Here is a nifty tool for removing backgrounds online. I use this a lot for making my tokens
https://editphotosforfree.com/photoapps/remove-background-from-image-online/#

Enjoy