PDA

View Full Version : Curse of Strahd - New players encouraged to apply

DMZeff
May 22nd, 2016, 19:40
UPDATE: Currently full as of 6/10/16 https://curseofstrahd-42.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log

FG License: DM has ultimate, PCs just need the demo version
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: Sunday @ 1 PM
If new game, planned start date: 5/8/16
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: TBD

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Curse

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends entirely on the actions of the party.

Number of Players in game & needed: Have 3 - LF 1 or 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: Lv. 3 - Standard starting equipment
Character restrictions: Core race/class - non-evil

Details of your scenario: This campaign is starting this Sunday 5/8/16 @ 1 PM PST and is open to new players. I've been DMing for a long time in person, however, this is my first time using FG as a platform. One of the party members is brand new to D&D and another player has only played around a dozen or so sessions so if you're new, come and join us!

If you've read or played this module, please keep what you know and what your character knows separate.

RPing is heavily encouraged at this table and prefer players to stay in character unless there is a good reason to not be (e.g. asking clarification on how something works.)

Party so far is a monk, sorcerer, and ranger.

Before you apply, make sure that the time works for you and that there aren't things that will be regularly causing you to miss sessions. The more I know about you the more likely I'll be able to figure out if you're a good fit for this group. No generic/vague responses please.

I cannot get FG to work without Hamachi so you'll need to join our virtual network which only takes a minute.

Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1995

djacob91
May 23rd, 2016, 06:47
If you still need another person, I would be happy to join. I have been playing for about 6 months and am willing to play whatever you need. I will also signup on the calander page.

joecrowley57
May 23rd, 2016, 13:32
Hi i am a new player to fantasy grounds but have played D&D 5E alot. I am looking to join a weekly campaign and get in with a good group of people. Message me with any questions (:

STRATOS
May 23rd, 2016, 14:02
I would like to be part of your party. I have some little experience in D&D paper old school stuff but new to PC style. Looking forward to it.

Stratos

Koreapsu
May 23rd, 2016, 20:57
I've signed up and will be keen if you need a cleric.

Loads of D&D and FG experience but I'm mostly stuck running campaigns at the moment due to my timezone.

DMZeff
June 5th, 2016, 07:37
Just a quick update. Another casualty has occurred and we have an opening. Session is tomorrow (sunday) at 1 pst so if you get in touch you can make tomorrow's session.

joecrowley57
June 7th, 2016, 12:42
Hi i apologise for not getting back to you right away i had an ISP issue, but have resolved it now. If there is still an opening i am interested

PVT snuffy
June 14th, 2016, 19:05
I'd be interested in playing if you still need another player. New to FG but not to D&D

morgalahan
June 15th, 2016, 11:43
Hi there

I've been roleplaying for over ten years. I'm a very keen rolepayer and I enjoy it immensely when the DM and other players help to create an amazing story and world together. I enjoy the dice and combat aspect of it, but only as an accessory to the actual story. I prefer to stay in character as much as possible. I get a little impatient or annoyed if too much joking and out of game banter happens, but I can tolerate it if the story is progressing nicely.

The start time for the game will be at 10:00 PM on Sunday night for me, but I can make it work. I have a lot of free time generally and the only reason I'd have to miss a game is if something family related happens, which is not often.

on the plus side, I haven't read any of the 5th ed modules and don't know any of the story, on the downside I've not played 5th ed yet, but I've played all the other types and made a character or two. Been binge watching critical role as well so I have a rough idea of how it plays.

For some reason the calendar won't open for me.

Do you still need players? Hope my response wasn't generic or vague :)