PDA

View Full Version : LFP : Edge of Darkness (One Shot) game for new players (and a new Keeper)

doseyclwn
May 22nd, 2016, 15:07
Hey Guys,

I'm starting up a one shot game using the scenario "Edge of Darkness" from the ruleset. I've been playing Call of Cthulhu for a long time, but I haven' played in a few years. This is also my first time GM'ing, so this game is ideally suited for new players as well. Please do not apply if you've played (or read) this scenario before. I eventually want to run an entire campaign, but I need to get my feet wet first.

A blurb for the game reads "When a well-to-do citizen of Arkham, MA lies ravaged and dying from terminal cancer, he calls together a group of his most trusted friends for one final request. Little do they know that the request will prove final for more than just Mr. Merriwether!

From the notorious Miskatonic University to the terrifying conclusion just outside Ross Corners, MA, the investigators must unravel a tale of terror, long untold, before more victims are claimed. An impulsive (and how!) detective, a veteran of the Great War, an Arkham doctor, and two of the finest professors of Miskatonic University will be tested in mettle and sanity before the night is through. Who will survive?"

PM me with any questions. Hope to see you all soon!

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)

Characters: I will have Pregens available or you can make up your own beforehand (please do: I don't want to take up game time making characters)

Text or Voice: TeamSpeak

Max number of players: 4-5

Planned Game Duration: I have no idead

Link to calendar where you can sign up is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1993

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 15:12
Good fun adventure. Get your investigative hats on people!

wicker
May 22nd, 2016, 17:28
I've never played Call of Cthulhu before but I'd love to give it a shot. When do you plan on playing?

doseyclwn
May 22nd, 2016, 22:23
Hi Wicker. I think we're going to play on the weekend, probably Friday or Saturday starting between 8pm est and 10pm est. More will be revealed. We'd love to have you!

MakeShiftDie
May 25th, 2016, 00:14
hi i would love to join this one shot :)

NotRussellCrowe
May 25th, 2016, 11:51
Added my name to the calendar. I've wanted to try some CoC so this would be a perfect opportunity.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Kelly

doseyclwn
May 25th, 2016, 15:57
Okay folks, I need one more at least to have the game, unless you guys want to go with 3. It will be more difficult, but I'm willing if y'all are.

NotRussellCrowe
May 25th, 2016, 16:43
If we are able to wait another day before deciding, give someone a chance to jump in that would work for me. Personally as I've never played CoC before I have no idea what awaits me in this game so if everyone just wants to jump in and run it then I'm good with that too!

Hannalore
May 25th, 2016, 17:53
I'm in! New to CoC but interested in it.

doseyclwn
May 25th, 2016, 18:58
Okay, we've got 5 players. Put your name on the list and I'll get you in should someone drop out. Assuming this goes well, I'll probably be doing it again

doseyclwn
June 1st, 2016, 00:15
I need at least one or two more for the game. Sign up! Please! Ia! Ia! Cthuhu Fhtagn!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1993

doseyclwn
June 4th, 2016, 17:40
We've got everyone we need, but we could use one more player. Go ahead and sign up, game is at 7:30 pm edt tonight (Saturday June 4th)