PDA

View Full Version : Map Views

Keraki
May 22nd, 2016, 02:45
Is there any way to make it so different players have different views of the Map? If there is, I'm kinda thinking I want to the limit what they see off the map with their individual sights

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2016, 02:54
Short answer is no. The players see what you as the DM allow them to see. So if you share a map without a mask they will see the whole map. If you have a mask and reveal a portion of it they will all see that revealed portion.

Keraki
May 22nd, 2016, 03:32
Dmn. The only way to do what I want is super complicated. Repetitive maps shared with the individual and having to remember updating each one. Well thanks anyways. Hoped for something unwieldy and usable.

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 04:04
Dmn. The only way to do what I want is super complicated. Repetitive maps shared with the individual and having to remember updating each one. Well thanks anyways. Hoped for something unwieldy and usable.

Its not something that will be incorporated into the current game engine.
It very likely will be a part of the next generation of Fantasy Grounds game engine but that is still quite a way off.

Callum
May 22nd, 2016, 10:47
The other way, if you trust your players, is to give the responsibility to them. Then you can just have one map, and they are each responsible for being zoomed in on the appropriate bit of the map.

Keraki
May 22nd, 2016, 14:10
Its not something that will be incorporated into the current game engine.
It very likely will be a part of the next generation of Fantasy Grounds game engine but that is still quite a way off.

Well even if that ia awhile away its nice too know its being thought about

Nyghtmare
May 29th, 2016, 03:58
The only way that comes to mind for me would be to have multiple copies of the map so that each group only sees what you want them to and it will be separate areas.