PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Trap File

Gwydion
May 21st, 2016, 21:45
Well, I hope someone else has as much fun with these as I had creating them! I was careful to use only SRD content to create these. I tried to come up with some creative traps in some cases more for flavor than truly dangerous, but you can certainly modify them to be more dangerous as you deem fit! I used some of the SRD monster actions to create some of these and hope they are reasonably unique.

I included some basic background in the "other" tab whenever possible. I tried to link (for info only), to spells that can counteract the traps (ie. Remove Curse) for reference from the SRD. I also included an exhaustion table just for ease of reference as that is in the SRD as well. The Cursed Insomniac Painting causes various stages of exhaustion so I thought I would include the table to make it easier to look up effects. On a side note, some of the exhaustion effects can be created as a custom effect, but that is in another thread!

The traps included in the file are as follows:

Blinding Spittle Frog Statue Trap
Cursed Insomniac Painting Trap
Darts of Petrification Trap
Horrifying Visage Trap
Magic Mouth Blasphemous Word Trap
Not Your Ordinary Flame Trap
Possession Painting Trap
Statue of Polymorph Other Trap
Weakening Gas Trap
Whirlwind Trap

I have included the SRD OGL notice, so please download and review that as well if you download the file. Let me know what you think!

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2016, 22:42
Nice job Gwydion.

I've amended your module so that the OGL is actually included in the module - which is a requirement. I've also given it a generic little thumbnail so that it looks nicer in the Library.

Oh, and I added it to the resources sticky at the top of the forum.

JohnD
May 21st, 2016, 22:57
Nicely done.

Gwydion
May 21st, 2016, 23:21
Thanks so much, Zacchaeus! I did not know how to embed the OGL, so I appreciate you doing that. I also appreciate the thumbnail!

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2016, 23:38
Adding the OGL is nothing special. I just copied it into a story entry and exported that with the NPCs.

Gwydion
May 21st, 2016, 23:58
Got it. Will remember for next time.

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 03:33
Well done Gwydion!

Pepor
July 27th, 2017, 08:03
It is really a nice job. For sure I am going to use Cursed Insomniac Painting, Horrifying Visage, Not Your Ordinary Flame and Possession Painting traps in my Curse of Strahd campaing.

Thanks for sharing !

Gwydion
July 27th, 2017, 13:50
It is really a nice job. For sure I am going to use Cursed Insomniac Painting, Horrifying Visage, Not Your Ordinary Flame and Possession Painting traps in my Curse of Strahd campaing.

Thanks for sharing !

Thanks, Pepor! The modules were one of the first things I did for the FG community. So nice to hear that someone is getting use from them!

Szabtom
July 27th, 2017, 15:47
Nice! Thanks for sharing!