PDA

View Full Version : number of attack dice is wrong

jcoman1
May 21st, 2016, 14:23
I have a couple pc's in campaign that have started to roll 2 attack die every time they attack. They shouldn't have advantage. Their attack modifier's are for 1 die.
It's two of the 6 pc's that have this problem. There is nothing common about the characters...class, owner, race...etc.

If I randomly roll their attack die in the chat window it rolls 2 D20.

Help!

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2016, 14:34
Hi jcoman1 welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the Community.

I assume that you are using the 5e ruleset?

I suspect that somehow the characters have a permanent effect on them which is allowing an advantage for every attack. You should see such an effect on the Combat Tracker. Have a look at their actions tab to see where the effect is coming from. You're looking for something which says ADVATK:

LordEntrails
May 23rd, 2016, 18:42
Is it rolling the attack twice, or is it rolling it once with advantage? You can tell the difference by looking at the entry in the chat window, their will either be two entries or one (which states advantage). Also, if rolling with advantage, then the dice will be green.

jcoman1
May 23rd, 2016, 20:10
Thanks for the replies. It was as Zacchaeus stated. I suspected it was applying advantage from something and it was, but it was only obvious in the combat tracker. An invisibility effect had been placed on the two affected pc's.

The player who's character did it did not have a mic that night and did not indicate that he was doing this, nor do I think any of his spells grant this effect (3rd level bard). But he is new to D&D as well are 3 other of the 6 players I have in my group. And we are all new to Fantasy Grounds - excellent program BTW. I love the attention to the little details that it incorporates.

One thing - I would think that since it was an invisibility affect that it would have been removed when the affected pc's attacked...FG does have the ability to adjudicate that, correct?

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2016, 21:43
Indeed, any effect will remain on the PC for as long as it is designated to do so. If no time limit is placed on it then it will remain forever. Have a read through this section of the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Creating_Effects_-_Player_Characters) which will show you how to set a time limit on an effect and the various possibilities. For an invisibility effect you can set the timer to 'On next roll' or 'On next Action' and it will go away when the player next rolls an attack roll.