PDA

View Full Version : NPC Flavors Extension

Tideturner
May 21st, 2016, 12:52
NPC Flavors
This is an extension that adds flavors to the name of NPCs that are added to the combat tracker through encounters. It replaces the numbering (if enabled) FG normally puts at the end of the NPC name.
This flavor is only applied to a certain percent of the added NPCs. You can set that percentage in the options panel. If no flavor is applied to the NPC, the numbering is not replaced.

Version 1.5 (Infected head)
Tested with FG 3.3.7 (version 1.4 still works if you do not feel like updating)
- Added more build type suffixes (pre. was a lot of fat or thin NPC's, now they can be "strangely spherical" which is, I dare say, a lot more sexy)
- Added the NPC name itself when choosing NPC type for flavor. For now it's just zombies (since I'm running ToA) being able to wear clothes and have hair, behavior, body parts and build. (before zombies were just "undead" which did not get flavored)
- Ran a spellchecker on the data files, hopefully most words are now correct. If not feel free to point at me and tell me I'm very handsome but a bad speller.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?u=33650&dateline=1464037930
Tidturner says:

Download 1.5: 25665

Example:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21396&d=1510234966

New in 1.4 - Unidentified names
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24427&stc=1&d=1535035893

Older

Version 1.4 (Idiotic footwork)
This version is campatible with FG 3.3.6 Non identified state of NPCs
There's also a new setting to change the default "Unknown Creature" when an NPC is in the unidentified state.
- "Default" - uses FG's own string (Unknown Creature)
- "Unknown" - uses "Unknown" for all non id NPCs
- "Unknow [type]" - replaces the non id name with f.ex. "Unknow undead" or "Unknown beast"
- "[type]" - replaces the non id name with just the type of NPC. f.ex. "Humanoid" or "Dragon"
- "Arrrgh Monster" - replaces the non id name with just... you know, I'm not sure this is going to be used... but the non id name get's replaced by "Arrrgh Monster"... I dunno... perhaps for those nervous types of adventurers? No shame in fleeing really. Gotta live to"fight" another day, right?

Even older
I have updated the addon to v1.2.

The extension should now be compatible with most other extensions that works on the combat tracker. Not a guarantee though. (For info: I now use addBattle instead of addNPC)

I have added a lot of NPC types as being valid for certain flavors. You can now encounter this scary fellow: Vampire (Bouncy lip hair)

A few notes on that though:
I have only included NPC types from the DMG. No supplements.

Not all NPC types get flavors, but I tried to include a lot where it made just remotely sense with the flavor types the extension can currently construct.

Current flavor sets:
- clothing (dapper baret)
- bodyparts (tattooed shoulders)
- hair and beards (mangled pencil moustache)
- build (noticeably short)
- behavior (bitter scream)
- fur (unmanageable fuzz)
- characteristic (broken nose)

If you see a flavor that is combination that is too out there, or an NPC with a flavor that really doesn't make sense, please let me know.
If you have any additions to that, or suggestions for making the extension more fun / better to use, don't hesitate to say so :)

And if you're interested you can find the source for the extension here: https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors/

Specifically this file is used for constructing the flavors themselves:
https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors/blob/master/scripts/npc_flavors_data.lua

And this file is used for determining which flavors are assigned to which NPC type:
https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors/blob/master/scripts/npc_flavors_by_npctypes.lua

Download, place in extension folder and enable for your campaign.

You can turn it on and off in the options menu.
There you can also increase or decrease the chance an NPC is created with a flavor.
And lastly you can also turn the flavors by type of. If you do that all NPCs will be treated as the "humanoid" type.

Edit 2018-02-06: v1.3 (Adjustable cardigan) - Compatible with FG v3.3.4
Edit 2018-08-23: v1.4 (Idiotic footwork) - Compatible with FG v3.3.6
Edit 2018-12-20: v1.5 (Infected head) - Compatible with FG v3.3.7

------------------
Original message:
Hi,

I run a campaign with 7 players. I often scale up encounters by adding NPCs and in general we like big fights with many actors.

Those fights often slow down though, because of me losing track and being overwhelmed by the info in the combat tracker :)

We were talking about this in our group, and one of the guys suggested it would be cool if the NPCs also had random names. Like "Thug 1 (Brian)", "Thug 2 (Ann)", "Beholder 8 (Horatius)"
Or perhaps even better distinctive features instead of numbering. "Thug (Torn bandana)", "Thug (Scarred hand)", "Beholder 8 (Bad breath)"

Is this something that is possible to make as an extension?

Also doing big fights very often leads to me losing track of who (of the NPCs) are doing what.
And if the tokens are on a white background, I often have a hard time finding them on the map, because the active token outline is also white.

Is it possible to change the color of the token outline somehow? Perhaps through an extension as well?

Regards,
Tideturner

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2016, 13:15
I don't know if having a random name or colour is possible. When you set up an encounter you can give each NPC an individual name which is a bit long winded since you have to do it one at a time but it might work for you. (Drag one NPC into the encounter - rename it it the encounter - drag next one in and repeat).

To find out where an NPC is on the map repeatedly click the small eye icon next to it and it will flash on and off which will give you a more visual clue as to where it is.

Trenloe
May 21st, 2016, 18:46
Clicking the visibility button is a trick I use a lot. Another that works well if the map has been zoomed in (i.e. the map can pan within the window) is to double click on the token of the active entry in the combat tracker and the map will centre on that token.

Re your question regarding names - doing them in an encounter previously is a good way too. Or, if you want to get into coding, it should be possible to write an extension that does random names. Ardem has written a Random extension that includes names: http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17072-Random-Extension You could look into using the random name portion of that extension - but please ask his permission to use his code etc. if you plan to make any resulting extension public (which would be nice).

Tideturner
May 21st, 2016, 21:13
Thanks both of you for the visibility flashing suggestion. I never even considered that :)

I've been looking at the core and 5e rulesets and I think perhaps the name / feature part can be done, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll take that to The Workshop forum.
And yes, if I find I can make the extension, I'll make it public :)

Regards,
Tideturner

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 02:05
I no longer reccomend turning the icon visibility on/off because it now clears any targetting that is on that creature.
I suggest you scale it up/down to identify it.

In relation to the extension - I think it should be possible but it probably wont work as you expect - it will be great having Thug (red bandanna), Thug (green shirt) but it wont work as well on Giant Beetle (green shirt) or Grey Ooze (red bandanna)....

Andraax
May 22nd, 2016, 04:26
I no longer reccomend turning the icon visibility on/off because it now clears any targetting that is on that creature.

If you click on the token in the CT a few times, it flashes the highlight circle on and off around the token on the map (and also makes the token the center, or as close as possible to the center, of the displayed the map, in case it's off-screen).

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 04:43
Ok - there are three good tips that may suit your style of play:

Show/Hide the token from the CT (this will clear targetting though)
Scroll wheel over the token in the CT to increase/decrease the scaling
Double click on the token in the CT and the map will attempt to centre on the token (it often cant centre because of the map size vs window size but it will still help on those maps) and it will show/hide the targetting circle on the token

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2016, 10:06

In relation to the extension - I think it should be possible but it probably wont work as you expect - it will be great having Thug (red bandanna), Thug (green shirt) but it wont work as well on Giant Beetle (green shirt) or Grey Ooze (red bandanna)....

Indeed your biggest problem is going to be coming up with the thousands of random names. For example with 6 Thugs I reckon you're going to need 600 names just for that possibility and to have a good chance that there won't be a repetition. And as damned points out virtually every creature type is also going to need hundreds of names.

Tideturner
May 22nd, 2016, 11:40

Well I for one wouldn't mind fighting a beetle that is wearing a green shirt. Probably stole it somewhere. Thieving little critters :)

But you're right of course. I'd have to check for type and limit this to selected types. At least to begin with.

Indeed your biggest problem is going to be coming up with the thousands of random names. For example with 6 Thugs I reckon you're going to need 600 names just for that possibility and to have a good chance that there won't be a repetition. And as damned points out virtually every creature type is also going to need hundreds of names.

As for the names / features themselves... I have no idea yet on how to construct those yet. It was just a fun thought during a discussion. Perhaps there are resources out the freely available. I'll look into that as I experiment with the extension.

damned
May 22nd, 2016, 12:33
Hi Tideturner the easiest way to build a big number of descriptors is to use two (or three) sets of data so you might have something like this:
set1: ripped, torn, dirty, bright, new, tattered, elegant, loud, shiny, broken, red, brown, blue, black, grey, green,
set2: bandanna, hat, scarf, shirt, cape, cravat, robe, cloak, doublet, jacket, coat, jerkin, eye patch, trousers, sash, turban, beret, cap, helmet, top hat, oilskin, greatcoat, vest, breeches,

this brief list will give you almost 400 descriptors.

Tideturner
May 22nd, 2016, 17:03
Hehe. Quick and dirty test with your two sets, damned.

Here I'm changing the name before calling the 5E addNPC, and hence before the core addNPC, so the numbering still works for unsupported types (just checking for humanoid).

That also means there could be two two Duergar with elegant eyepatches. Rivals in respectable and sophisticated entrepreneurship :D

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2016, 17:45
Looking good. :)

Tideturner
May 22nd, 2016, 20:24
A few observations I made.

1. The features kind of lose their impact if all of the NPCs have them. Works better if I limit them to 20-40% or some such.

2. If I sometimes add more than one prefix (1-2) it works better. E.g. sometimes torn robe, sometimes shiny blue turban.

3. I need a way to turn the feature on / off on a pr. NPC basis. Don't want my big bad showing up in loud red hat all of a sudden :D
This last one I don't know how to go about yet. I'm thinking of perhaps adding a checkbox, or something like that, to the encounter window besides each NPC. Don't know if that can be done. I'll experiment and take it to The Workshop if I get stomped.

If I want to update a post as I work on this, should I just use this one? Or make a separate post somewhere else?

Regards,
Tideturner

damned
May 23rd, 2016, 00:28
Keep working on this post - you have peoples attention :)
It does look good and I do like the idea of not applying it to everyone - but you would need to apply the random numbering thing to those.
Perhaps approach it at that end - first do a random check and then apply either
1. random number
2. string made from set1+set2
3. string made from set1+set1+set2
You can add a checkbox to encounters - remember that in Encounters your 5 thugs will usually appears as [5] Thugs but your Boss will be [1] Arturio Gallifrey
Hmmm... back on the strings - you wouldnt want Thug (red green eye patch) - or maybe you would? - perhaps split it into a third set
set1 - descriptors
set2 - colours
set3 - clothing
and then do a random check and then apply either
1. random number
2. string made from set1+set3
3. string made from set2+set3
4. string made from set1+set2+set3
Im sure you could keep on extending this to the nth degree :)
5. string made from set4+set5
set4 - mild, heavy, strong, obvious
set5 - limp, stutter, bad breath, scabby sores, acne, scars,

:) the possibilities are endless

regards
damned (obvious scabby sores)

Callum
May 23rd, 2016, 12:59
There are various resources you could look at for inspiration, both online and in print. The Pathfinder GameMastery Guide has a table of NPC physical characterstics on page 95, for example. Or there's this (http://www.biggsbooks.net/lessons-rolltables.html) impressive list of random character generation tables.

LordEntrails
May 23rd, 2016, 20:13
3. I need a way to turn the feature on / off on a pr. NPC basis. Don't want my big bad showing up in loud red hat all of a sudden :D

Nice work. Hope you end up publishing this as it's one I will probably use :)

You could only have it add to the names for multiple instances. i.e. you typically only have one big bad guy so all singles are left without the added descriptors. You could also see if you could add to the DM options to add an option to turn this on or off.

Tideturner
May 23rd, 2016, 23:11
damned, yeah I agree on the numbering. For now I just let FG do its magic for the numbers. If my code decides that the NPC should have a feature, it gets applied after 5E and Core have added the entry to the combat tracker.

As for sets to the Nth degree... hehe, I'll try to limit the complexity as I learn LUA.

I do separate them into types though. Right now I have "clothing" and "bodyparts". Let's see you attack this guy: Thug (beautiful beautiful knees) - can't do it, those knees are just too magnificent :D
And I have a list what features a creature type can use. Right now it's just humanoid that can use both clothing and bodyparts.

There are various resources you could look at for inspiration, both online and in print. The Pathfinder GameMastery Guide has a table of NPC physical characterstics on page 95, for example. Or there's this (http://www.biggsbooks.net/lessons-rolltables.html) impressive list of random character generation tables.

Thank you so much, will take a look. The actual features (and their variety) are definitely what I find the hardest right now.

Nice work. Hope you end up publishing this as it's one I will probably use :)

You could only have it add to the names for multiple instances. i.e. you typically only have one big bad guy so all singles are left without the added descriptors. You could also see if you could add to the DM options to add an option to turn this on or off.

Yes, good idea with the multiple instances. Much better than a set of checkboxes in the encounter window. And it's consistent with how FG does the numbering already.
I have done it that way now.

Also, thank you for the feedback guys. It's very encouraging :)

We have our weekly session this wednesday. I'll use it then to see how it works out.

damned
May 24th, 2016, 06:02
We have our weekly session this wednesday. I'll use it then to see how it works out.

I have a feeling that the first time Thug (beautiful beautiful knees) walks on to stage left the players will fall over themselves in joy :)

damned (smelly frilly codpiece)

Tideturner
May 27th, 2016, 18:18
As mentioned, I used this in our session this wednesday.

It worked really well. The players laughed and called out some of the NPCs with flavors that they liked or thought fun.
The players, and I, also got more descriptive with their combat, which was a super cool added bonus.

On my part I had a much easier time keeping track of the NPCs. Even 16 in the tracker at one point. Granted these were weak NPCs (Beastmen from the Thule setting) with only a few actions each.

The bulk of the work now lies in adding flavors and support for more NPC types.

If you're interested, this is what the data file looks like atm.:

Flavors = {
["clothing"] = {
construct = { prefix = { 100, 30 }, color = { 15 }, suffix = { 100 } },
prefix = {
"ripped", "torn", "dirty", "bright", "new", "tattered", "elegant", "loud", "shiny", "broken",
"ugly", "beautiful"
},
color = { "red", "brown", "blue", "black", "grey", "green" },
suffix = {
"bandanna", "hat", "scarf", "shirt", "cape", "cravat", "robe", "cloak", "doublet", "jacket",
"coat", "jerkin", "eye patch", "trousers", "sash", "turban", "beret", "cap", "helmet", "top hat",
"oilskin", "greatcoat", "vest", "breeches"
}
},
["bodyparts"] = {
construct = { prefix = { 100, 30 }, color = { 15 }, suffix = { 100 } },
prefix = {
"dirty", "filthy", "clean", "broken", "wounded", "mangled", "calloused",
"big", "small", "long", "short", "stubby", "dazzling", "enormous", "miniscule",
"tattooed", "painted", "pierced", "swollen", "shrunken", "ugly", "beautiful",
"missing", "withered"
},
color = { "pale", "red", "brown", "blue", "black", "grey", "green" },
suffix = {
"leg", "left leg", "right leg", "legs",
"arm", "left arm", "right arm", "arms",
"finger", "fingers", "middle finger", "thumb", "thumbs",
"knee", "left knee", "right knee", "knees",
"shoulder", "left shoulder", "right shoulder", "shoulders",
"ear", "left ear", "right ear", "ears",
"eye", "left eye", "right eye", "eyes",
"tooth", "teeth",
"torso", "head", "nose"
}
},
["characteristics"] = {
construct = { prefix = { 100 } },
-- These taken from Pathfinder Game Mastery guide (p. 95)
prefix = {
"Sweats a lot", "Giggles", "Hobbles", "Jolly looking", "Cracks knuckles", "Whistles when talking",
"Cross-eyed", "Harelipped", "Rotten teeth", "Generally filthy", "Tattoo", "Many tattoos", "Covered in tattoos",
"Tribal scar on forearm", "Winks a lot", "Hacking cough", "Spits", "Different colored eyes", "Twitches"
}
}
}

FlavorsByType = {
["humanoid"] = {
Flavors.clothing,
Flavors.bodyparts,
Flavors.characteristics
},
["humanoid.gnoll"] = {
Flavors.bodyparts,
Flavors.characteristics
}
}

Each section of the "Flavors" table has a construct key that holds info on how the flavor type should be constructed.

Should you feel an irresistible urge to contribute (hehe, sorry) here's how it works:¨

construct = { prefix = { 100, 30 }, color = { 15 }, suffix = { 100 } }
For the clothing section there's a 100% chance of 1 prefix being used and a 30% chance of 2. There's then a 30% chance a color will be used and last a 100% chance a suffix.

There's then the FlavorsByType table that describe which flavors are supported by which NPC types. So all humanoid types can have flavors from clothing, bodyparts or characteristics. Which of those flavors to use is chosen at random.
The Gnolls have a specific entry here, so they do not use the "humanoid" but the "humanoid.gnoll" instead.

Anyway, I'll get cracking at cleaning up the code this weekend, and adding flavors.

And then I'll release it somehow :D

Regards,
Tideturner

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2016, 19:03
Looking good, I do think you need to add 'Scottish' into the flavours somewhere though :)

damned
May 28th, 2016, 02:39
Looking good, I do think you need to add 'Scottish' into the flavours somewhere though :)

I thought Scottish was in one of those sets?

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, Scottish, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
Set8: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,

Im really keen to see this extension - and just as keen to see what other interesting sets of descriptors people come up with :)

JohnD
May 28th, 2016, 05:58
Pretty nice.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2016, 10:00
I thought Scottish was in one of those sets?

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, Scottish, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
Set8: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,

I need to stop baiting the Aussie; he's good!

damned
May 28th, 2016, 10:31
I need to stop baiting the Aussie; he's good!

I shoulda squeezed a kilt and some blue/brass/swollen/wrinkled/sagging/lonely/diseased bal.... well Im sure you know where that was going!

I actually forgot a set in here:

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
Set8: flea bitten, flea infested, lousy, lice ridden, mangy, matted, groomed, tangled, braided, knotted,
Set9: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,

damned (malodorous tangled mop)

PS I do think there could be some potential for a few sets of more ribald descriptors!

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2016, 12:26
I agree with damned; this could run and run. I'm watching this one carefully.

Tideturner
May 28th, 2016, 19:20
I've added your "fur" type suggestions damned, thanks a lot :)

I've also added a lot of "behaviour" type adjectives and nouns.

And I've added two options:
- The ability to turn the extension on and off
- The ability to set the chance an NPC gets a flavor. Default 40%, can be set in increments of 10.

And lastly I've uploaded the code to github: https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors
I still need to test more thoroughly, clean up the code and add comments / documentation. But it's a start :)

Here's another screenshot:

damned
May 29th, 2016, 02:01
A solo set
Set10: piercing eyes, glazed eyes, wild eyes, crazed eyes, bloodshot eyes, cross eyed, pointy ears, big ears, torn ear, hairy ears, pierces ears, bushy eyebrows, big nose, flat nose, broken nose, pierced nose, scarred cheek, scarred face, scarred neck, scarred hands, scarred arms, scarred chin,

This is very good fun :)

damned
May 29th, 2016, 03:02
Ahhhh nice work. I just tested it on a bunch of random encounters. Works very nicely sir - and got some very light hearted combinations going on!

Farnaby
May 29th, 2016, 10:55
What would I have to change to get it to run in Pathfinder?

Tideturner
May 29th, 2016, 14:29
Set10: piercing eyes, glazed eyes, wild eyes, crazed eyes, bloodshot eyes, cross eyed, pointy ears, big ears, torn ear, hairy ears, pierces ears, bushy eyebrows, big nose, flat nose, broken nose, pierced nose, scarred cheek, scarred face, scarred neck, scarred hands, scarred arms, scarred chin,

Thanks, I've added those :D

What would I have to change to get it to run in Pathfinder?

Hmm, I redid how the original addNPC was called, and only call it if it's implemented in CombatManager2. So now it seems to work in the CoreRPG, PFRPG and 5E. As I can see PF uses the 3.5E ruleset, so presumably that would work also. I'll test on all the rulesets when I find a bit more time.

Then I just need a way of parsing the NPC type depending on what ruleset is loaded.
I've, for now, added the ability to turn off NPC type checking since it's 5E specific. But that also means you could end up with this bad boy; "Ant, Giant (Nerveous frightened legwork)", hehe :D

Tideturner
November 4th, 2016, 21:12
Hey,

Just poking my head in to say that this is still on my mind :)

As the man says: RL will find a way [to mess with fun]. Deadlines and layoffs making me the sole developer on a large project kinda stunted this one. So, sorry about that. And when those were done 3.2 was a convenient excuse to not do anything until that came out.

Well, 3.2 is here. On just a quick test tonight, the extension seems to still work. I'll do a more thorough test, add some more flavors, run over the different NPC types and create flavor rules for those.
´
And then, I guess, release it. It will probably take me a few weeks, but I'll get there.

It's still rather fun to have "Kobold (Contemplative footwork)" or "Orc (Dazzling moustache)" show up. I had two mobs right next to each other in initiative at one time. One had a beautiful turban, the other had a broken turban. Naturally stealing the beautiful turban became the sole focus of the broken turban's actions. Infighting :)

See you (hopefully) soon,
Tideturner

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 22:18
Just as an FYI (don't know if you've done this or not, or are even aware): here are some recommendations on checking/testing an extension when a new version of FG is released: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22975-5E-Community-extensions&p=298705&viewfull=1#post298705

Tideturner
November 4th, 2016, 23:07
I had not read that post, so thank you.

Luckily I depend on very little of the core ruleset, a few lines really. And I develop referencing a separate extracted copy of the rulesets, and then have my IDE copy my code to the FG folder when changes are made.
I do not, however, use source control or have version named my files as it is. Think I might do that from now.

And you're right, and I had not thought of this, I should still take 3.1.7 into account. There will be people who have not updated yet.

Kinda looking forward to digging down into the extension development again :)

/Tideturner

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 23:14
There will be people who have not updated yet.
I wasn't actually referring to catering for people still on v3.1.7 (they should just keep the extensions they used before). The mention of v3.1.7 was in reference to comparing v3.1.7 code with v3.2.0 code and see if it had changed - so you'd know if there was any need for a change to the extension code as part of the update to v3.2.0.

damned
November 5th, 2016, 04:20
Im just gonna say - I really enjoy this extension - I use it when I run 5e stuff :)

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 14:50
Hey,

Just poking my head in to say that this is still on my mind :)

As the man says: RL will find a way [to mess with fun]. Deadlines and layoffs making me the sole developer on a large project kinda stunted this one. So, sorry about that. And when those were done 3.2 was a convenient excuse to not do anything until that came out.

Well, 3.2 is here. On just a quick test tonight, the extension seems to still work. I'll do a more thorough test, add some more flavors, run over the different NPC types and create flavor rules for those.
´
And then, I guess, release it. It will probably take me a few weeks, but I'll get there.

It's still rather fun to have "Kobold (Contemplative footwork)" or "Orc (Dazzling moustache)" show up. I had two mobs right next to each other in initiative at one time. One had a beautiful turban, the other had a broken turban. Naturally stealing the beautiful turban became the sole focus of the broken turban's actions. Infighting :)

See you (hopefully) soon,
Tideturner

+1 definitely Tideturner. I would definitely use this when you release it. Thanks for the effort!

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2016, 03:49
Yes, I like this one too. Did 3.2 make it possible for NPC to have two names like it does with maps? Haven't had time to play yet, so not sure...

Andraax
November 6th, 2016, 05:09
Yes, I like this one too. Did 3.2 make it possible for NPC to have two names like it does with maps? Haven't had time to play yet, so not sure...

Not any more than before (change the name in the encounter record)...

JimSocks
August 6th, 2017, 04:16
Was this ever released!? I REALLY wanna try this!

Trenloe
August 6th, 2017, 18:14
Was this ever released!? I REALLY wanna try this!
Yes it has been released. See the link in post #26: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31699-Alternative-to-NPC-numbering-in-combat-tracker&p=272053&viewfull=1#post272053

JimSocks
August 7th, 2017, 03:30
Thanks!

That took me a bit to figure out, as I am used to seeing the download here as an attachment, but I got it working, and I added a ton of colors, clothing descriptors, etc.

The attached file replaces the identically named one inside the scripts folder- if anyone cares to have a wider selection of descriptors.

Thanks tideturner- this is really fun!

Tideturner
August 7th, 2017, 11:34
Cool.

Yeah, I never RELEASE released it :)

I think I added a good bunch of pre- and suffixes as well, but never updated the github code.

I haven't been GM'ing our group for a long while but our current adventure is near its end, so I will return to doing so within the next month or two.
Probably a good time pick this up again.

Thank you so much for sharing your additions, I'll make sure it is included.

Xorn
August 7th, 2017, 17:02
Damn it! It's that guy with the dirty scarf again!

dmkevin
October 8th, 2017, 23:21
Is there an extension to download for this? I downloaded a lua file.

Andraax
October 9th, 2017, 00:55
Download the entire github folder and put it into a folder under your extensions folder.

Tideturner
October 9th, 2017, 21:23
Yeah, sorry. Not very install friendly :D

I've now taken the code from github, made it into an .ext file and attached it to this post. Drop it into the extensions folder.

The date for me starting to GM again has been set at Nov 1st, so I'll get some real live test on the latest updates then.
I'm nothing if not timely :D

Regards,
Tideturner (Unusually hairy)

Andraax
October 9th, 2017, 21:40
Yeah, sorry. Not very install friendly :D

Probably would be good to attach it to the first post to make finding it easier...

Tideturner
October 9th, 2017, 22:01
Probably would be good to attach it to the first post to make finding it easier...

Right you are. And so I did :)

Axoid
October 12th, 2017, 12:20
I downloaded the extension, placed it in my extension folder, and set the chance to 100%. But it isn't adding any flavors to the NPC when they get added to the CT. I added some from both an encounter and directly from the NPC list. Am I missing something?

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 12:55
I downloaded the extension, placed it in my extension folder, and set the chance to 100%. But it isn't adding any flavors to the NPC when they get added to the CT. I added some from both an encounter and directly from the NPC list. Am I missing something?

It is working for me. Make sure that the NPC is a humanoid, and that you have turned the option on (it's on by default so I assume you haven't turned it off)

damned
October 12th, 2017, 13:06
I think there has to be at least 2 or 3 mooks of the same kind before it kicks in.

Axoid
October 12th, 2017, 13:07
It is working for me. Make sure that the NPC is a humanoid, and that you have turned the option on (it's on by default so I assume you haven't turned it off)

It's on, and at 100% chance. I filtered NPCs by humanoid and added gnolls, bandits, assassins, goblins, etc. None of them have any flavor text.

Axoid
October 12th, 2017, 13:09
I think there has to be at least 2 or 3 mooks of the same kind before it kicks in.

I added one gnoll, he's named gnoll in the CT. I added a second gnoll, the first becomes gnoll 1 and the second gnoll 2. Adding a 3rd or 4th keeps appending the numbers as it should (I have append turned on).

I also added 4 gnolls at once from a sylvan encounter from the DMG. Same result.

I also turned append off to see if that was affecting it, no change (except all the gnolls are named gnoll).

damned
October 12th, 2017, 13:29
created an encounter with 6 gnolls in one line and dropped them into the CT...
gnolls with malodorous flea infections and minuscule eyes and all sorts of other goodies.

damned
October 12th, 2017, 13:29
download the extension again and make sure you dont have more than one copy somehow, somewhere...
what other extensions do you have running?

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 13:30
Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue is then. Are you using any other extensions? Does it work in a campaign without any extensions.

EDIT: Good grief even the Aussies can ninja me now; must be a timezone thing :)

Axoid
October 12th, 2017, 14:25
I'll turn off all other extensions and if it works then turn them back on one at a time and see which are conflicting.

Axoid
October 13th, 2017, 01:11
So I went through and it's the Item Enhancements extension (AdvancedEffects.ext) that is conflicting. I tried it with other extensions as well as just it with this one and each time it is loaded the names revert to gnoll 1, gnoll 2, etc.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40270-Item-Enhancement-(add-effects-to-items-and-when-they-are-equipped-apply-them)

Not sure why, and not sure which I need more, I like that other extension :)

Thanks,
Don

Axoid
October 13th, 2017, 01:15
I just checked and there was an update to that extension yesterday, but it did not affect this issue.

damned
October 13th, 2017, 01:19
They both make changes to the Combat Tracker and somewhere they are both writing to the same area... You might have to dive in and compare the elements of each. You might try messing with the load order. You might be out of luck.

Axoid
October 13th, 2017, 01:21
They both make changes to the Combat Tracker and somewhere they are both writing to the same area... You might have to dive in and compare the elements of each. You might try messing with the load order. You might be out of luck.

I think out of luck :(

Tideturner
October 13th, 2017, 08:01
I'll have a look at it. The interaction i have with the ruleset code is minimal, so perhaps this is something I can adjust for on my end.

Thanks for tracking down the conflict :)

Tideturner
October 13th, 2017, 15:17
I took a look and I'm not sure I can resolve the conflict as it is now.

I made a post in The Workshop with some thoughts on how I think it can be resolved:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40641-Core-5E-Would-it-be-possible-to-allow-setCustomAddNPC-method-chaining

Would it be possible to get some of you who're obviously cleverer, more experienced and, alas, better geared than me take a look?

I'll keep thinking in the meantime. Perhaps I'll find a useful thought buried somewhere in the old skull :D

/Tideturner

Tideturner
October 30th, 2017, 16:20
I think out of luck :(

So I've changed how the extension hooks into the combat tracker, and it should now play fine with most of the other extensions that hooks into that.

I've downloaded those that even sounded like a combat extension from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22975-5E-Community-extensions and checked if any of them overwrote the same function (CombatManager.addBattle) and they did not.

I've checked that I don't interfere with Advanced Effects, so you should be able to run both now :)

I haven't updated the main post yet, wanna do a few more test and code polish.

But I'm attaching the extension here so you can see if it works well for you.

Regards,
Tideturner (Show-stopping pants)

Tideturner
November 9th, 2017, 14:50
I have updated the original post with a new version and some more info on the extension.

Have fun :)

/Tideturner

Zuger
November 29th, 2017, 11:26
Hello,

Great job this really add some flavor to the names :)

However I'm interested in having the name fully replaced (as people talked previously).

Example :
Instead of
- Gobelin (smell bad)
- Gobelin (one eyed)
- Gobelin (flat footed)

We could have :
- Rixdxaz
- Vishaz
- Grexmex

I start developing extensions and would like to know if I could fork your on that purpose ?

Tideturner
November 29th, 2017, 15:55
We could have :
- Rixdxaz
- Vishaz
- Grexmex

I start developing extensions and would like to know if I could fork your on that purpose ?

Sounds like a great idea.
And yes, go ahead and fork. Looking forward to see what you come up with :)

Regards,
Tideturner

Tideturner
January 13th, 2018, 03:13
Just tested this with v3.3.4 and it is compatible without changes.

Also changed example image to inline instead of attachment.

And lastly I went to fight off the grim grumplings of the deeps. Didn't succeed in combat, but a lot of 'em should now be better clothed.

(Edit: Zacchaeus informed me that the future is not, as such, set. So I changed v3.4.4 to v3.3.4. I am a bit unhinged in this time stream, so I will trust his superior anchorage)

Smoltok
January 20th, 2018, 00:17
Sorry, But I don't succeed in using this extension.

I try with only this extension and with 100% flavor in option. But it don't add any flavor when I add Goblein in CT....

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2018, 00:55
Sorry, But I don't succeed in using this extension.

I try with only this extension and with 100% flavor in option. But it don't add any flavor when I add Goblein in CT....
Did you put multiple goblins in a single encounter (i.e. quantity 4) and then use the button to add to the CT? I think that's the only way it works, not if you drag goblin or NPC into the CT.

Smoltok
January 20th, 2018, 07:48
Did you put multiple goblins in a single encounter (i.e. quantity 4) and then use the button to add to the CT? I think that's the only way it works, not if you drag goblin or NPC into the CT.

Thanks Lord, you 're right ! It's the only way !

ddavison
April 19th, 2018, 06:21
This is an excellent extension. If you don't mind, I'd like to feature it in a future video.

Tideturner
April 19th, 2018, 13:17
Oh yeah of course that would be great.

Haven't had time to test it with 3.3.5 yet. Will do this weekend.

Also in a session we got a bald flying sword. Very dangerous. And as it turns out, very self-conscious :)

Stormhound
April 19th, 2018, 13:31
The discussion is as entertaining as the extension, and that's saying quite a lot. Looking forward to using this...

Tideturner
April 20th, 2018, 23:34
Got around to checking and playing a session tonight. Nothing I overwrite has been changed in 3.3.5, so the extensions works just fine for the latest release.

Speaking of release... with Flavor by NPC type setting off I got Ghoul (Opaque jockstrap). I'm now questioning everything about myself that I thought I knew.

Andraax
April 20th, 2018, 23:40
Well, at least it was opaque. I would have *hated* to see a ghoul with a *transparent* jockstrap...

Tideturner
April 20th, 2018, 23:51
Hmm, just checked. Transparent isn't even in the extension vocabulary. Translucent is though, so halfway there´:)

I'll rectify that for next release.

I also think I need to do a second pass on NPC types since undead isn't listed as a type with flavor. Probably missed more.

Ckorik
April 21st, 2018, 02:48
Will this work with Pathfinder - or is it 5e only?

Tideturner
April 21st, 2018, 10:29
The extension itself hooks into the CoreRPG, so it should work with Pathfinder. And there is some code to try to determine flavors by NPC type for PF as well.

That said, I do not own much PF content, and do not play it myself, so I've only done some very light testing.

LordEntrails
August 2nd, 2018, 01:50
Anybody try this with 3.3.6 yet? This is one of the extension I use and don't want to update until I know or have time to test. Anyone :) ?

damned
August 2nd, 2018, 05:52
Anybody try this with 3.3.6 yet? This is one of the extension I use and don't want to update until I know or have time to test. Anyone :) ?

I just tested it for you and it looks ok to me.

Tideturner
August 3rd, 2018, 18:57
I know some of the code that I override has been changed, It's related to the new NPC id feature.

I also wanted to update the default "Unidentified Creature" text with some flavor.

So I'm thinking about a setting to choose from one of the following for unidentified mobs:
- "Unidentified Creature" (FG original)
- "Unknown [Type]" (E.g Unknown Humanoid, Unknown Fiend etc.)
- "[Type]" (E.g Humanoid, Fiend etc. - Same as above, but shorter. Yay)
- "Arrrrgh Monster" (I dunno, I might be tired)

Suggestions are welcome :)

Reason for this is the flavors would be added even to the unidentified state, so you could end up with a very long name.

So something like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24169&d=1533315088

As you might spot, it's not fully working yet, sorry. I could have worked on it a bit before the release. Unfortunately summer happened.
I'll have it in your hands soon.

LordEntrails
August 3rd, 2018, 19:24
I would use the [type] for unknown NPCs.

Other option I would just keep it short and use "Unknown"

Short is good :)

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2018, 21:46
3 things :)

1) Any chance of having a mod change the name fo this thread to something like "NPC Flavors Extension"?
2) How about a mod adding this to the appropriate sticky thread? I always have trouble finding this one!
3) Tideturner, have you had any chance to update this with the non-ID variations?

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2018, 22:03
3 things :)

2) How about a mod adding this to the appropriate sticky thread? I always have trouble finding this one!

It's already stickied (and has been for a long time), number 5 on the list of 5e extensions. Perhaps some coffee is needed LE? :)

Tideturner
August 23rd, 2018, 17:02
Ok NOW you can look :)

Sorry, was away for a bit.

I've updated the main post with v 1.4 that includes 3.3.6 support and the new Non id's name flavors.

I tried renaming the thread as you suggested LordEntrails, but it didn't work. I think it's a good idea though, so if a mod could that would be most welcome.

LordEntrails
August 23rd, 2018, 19:55
Ok NOW you can look :)

Sorry, was away for a bit.

I've updated the main post with v 1.4 that includes 3.3.6 support and the new Non id's name flavors.

I tried renaming the thread as you suggested LordEntrails, but it didn't work. I think it's a good idea though, so if a mod could that would be most welcome.
Thanks for updating this. I'm going to add it and use it in my stream (tinyurl.com/UltUM)

GavinRuneblade
August 23rd, 2018, 22:43
A future version that is all serious names only might be helpful, but this looks like a lot of fun as it is. Thanks for making the extension!

damned
August 24th, 2018, 00:48
A future version that is all serious names only might be helpful, but this looks like a lot of fun as it is. Thanks for making the extension!

You are able to edit the lists and create your own entries.

Tideturner
August 24th, 2018, 16:01

Thanks, glad you like it :)

I wouldn't be opposed to having another dataset that produces "serious" flavors or names.

The problem is with the random generation.

Take this simple example:
Prefix: Plated, Cloth.
Headwear: Helmet, Bonnet.

You end up with Plated Helmet and Cloth Bonnet, both serious or realistic. You could also end up with a Plated Bonnet or a Cloth Helmet, which would be silly.
Not super silly, I know, but a bit because the items have properties not expected of them.

Maintaining lists that make sure the random generation only produced serious outcomes is too daunting for me :)

But I guess having a dataset that only consists of predefined items could work. I.e. not building random attributes, but only selecting randomly from a list of "approved" items.

If you (or anybody else) wanna help generate such a list, I'd gladly include it.
For the types of creatures (serious dragons do not have mullets) you can take a look at this list generated from the DMG: https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors/blob/master/build/data/npc-types.lua

/Tideturner

Skellan
November 4th, 2018, 23:42
Ok, so I tried this extension out for a session of the 5e game I am running. I turned it off for the following session and OMG the players were so upset. They made me restart and turn the extension back on. All our encounters now begin with everyone chuckling at the names.

So I have to thank you, Tideturner, for your work on this extension. We love it and it is something I have to use whether I like it or not. :D

Great job!

Stormhound
November 5th, 2018, 00:15
Much the same here. Despite an occasional misspelling, I think my players would revolt if I quit using this.

GavinRuneblade
November 5th, 2018, 02:04
It does spoil the mood in a horror game, but overall it is a great mod.

damned
November 5th, 2018, 02:38
It does spoil the mood in a horror game, but overall it is a great mod.

You can go in and edit the lists - you have to go into the code but its pretty straight forward.
I too love this extension.

Tideturner
November 5th, 2018, 15:22
Ok, so I tried this extension out for a session of the 5e game I am running. I turned it off for the following session and OMG the players were so upset. They made me restart and turn the extension back on. All our encounters now begin with everyone chuckling at the names.

So I have to thank you, Tideturner, for your work on this extension. We love it and it is something I have to use whether I like it or not. :D

Great job!

Haha, thank you so much :)
You obviously have very wise and handsome players.

Stormhound, I'm not a native speaker, but I'll run it through a spellchecker at some point. Thanks for pointing it out.

GavinRuneblade, yeah the extension does lean towards silly as mentioned a few posts back.
I would love to have a "serious" option, but have not come up with a good idea for how to do that yet. Hopefully some day :)

JimSocks
November 5th, 2018, 18:05
I play with all military and vets, who have a very adult sense of humor. After the first trial with this I altered the lists in the script, addingnew categories, maybe a few hundred new descriptions and thus making for possibly thousands of new combinations. Many, many of which, are NSFW- great for grown up chuckleheads.

It’s a fan favorite. Some of the combinations we’ve seen are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and are really fun to incorporate into combat descriptions.

A++ on this work good sir.

Skellan
November 5th, 2018, 18:16
oh man, I am loving the idea of a NSFW version

GavinRuneblade
November 6th, 2018, 06:37
You can go in and edit the lists - you have to go into the code but its pretty straight forward.
I too love this extension.

I'm not prepared to go code diving. But my players accept it as it is and we all have fun. That's really how I know it is successful: that so many posts in this thread are saying their tables have fun with the mod.

GavinRuneblade, yeah the extension does lean towards silly as mentioned a few posts back.
I would love to have a "serious" option, but have not come up with a good idea for how to do that yet. Hopefully some day Maybe a toggle in the options menu for set 1/set 2 and have set 2 be the serious ones? I dunno what is easy/hard since the thought of even looking at code makes me nervous about breaking something.

Tideturner
December 20th, 2018, 12:52
I have now tested the extension for the 3.3.7 release.

I have updated the extension with a few more flavors.
I have also spellchecked and hope I've caught the most grievous mistakes. I mean, I hope I've caught all of them, but those grievous ones... oh man they had it coming.
And following a campaign of discontentment, a vote of no confidence, a general strike and one particular instance of an NPC continually poking me and going "hey, hey, hey", I'v allowed zombies to wear clothes, have body parts and other flavors.

Top post updated with download link.

Regards,
Tideturner

(Oh and JimSocks, do feel free to share your edits if you like. Still thinking on how I can get more do a "serious" flavor set and other types)

ddavison
December 20th, 2018, 15:28
The zombies appreciate your efforts.

Good work.

paladiusdarkhelm
December 20th, 2018, 15:44
Can't wait to update! Thank you, Tideturner.

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2018, 01:34
Zombies are people too!#ZombiesMatter

Fenrizwolf
January 13th, 2019, 20:26
For me it does not seem to work.
It shows me all the settings but is still numbering the NPCs like before any idea why?

Tideturner
January 13th, 2019, 20:44
Are you adding the NPCs through an encounter? The extension only works through that.

I did that a good while back so that it would be compatible with most other combat tracker extensions.

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2019, 21:02
Note, it's working for me, I use encounters :)

Fenrizwolf
January 14th, 2019, 10:03
Are you adding the NPCs through an encounter? The extension only works through that.

I did that a good while back so that it would be compatible with most other combat tracker extensions.

Ah that explains it!

Three of Swords
February 5th, 2019, 17:08
Just a note for some users of this extension. I recently decided to try using the this extension and I also use the 5e Combat Enhancer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension). The two extensions do not play well together when adding NPCs to combat via an Encounter.

The token and combat tracker entry do not appear to be fully linked. Health bars do not appear, NPC Tokens cannot be targeted properly, etc. Not saying either author needs to 'fix this'. Just hoping to save someone else from having to figure out what is going on.

Tideturner
February 5th, 2019, 17:24
Just a note for some users of this extension. I recently decided to try using the this extension and I also use the 5e Combat Enhancer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension). The two extensions do not play well together when adding NPCs to combat via an Encounter.

The token and combat tracker entry do not appear to be fully linked. Health bars do not appear, NPC Tokens cannot be targeted properly, etc. Not saying either author needs to 'fix this'. Just hoping to save someone else from having to figure out what is going on.

That is correct. As one of the few CT extensions, the combat enhancer also overwrites the code that I do.

I'll see what I can do :)

Tideturner
February 5th, 2019, 18:46
Fortunately the overlapping code that the Combat Enhancer had changed was minimal (but crucial), so I can fairly easily be compatible.

Right now I detect if it is installed and replicate its changes if so. I should probably detect version as well, but for now this'll do.
Guess I'll hear from you soon enough if there's an update to the extension that breaks the compatibility :)

Would somebody be willing to test this both with and without the Combat Enhancer? Seems to work fine for me, but I would like an extra pair of eyes if possible (as in your help, not some weird flavor for my face).

Just remember to test it on a separate test campaign. Don't wanna loose all those meticulously tokens on all those sneaky layers, when you disable the Combat Enhancer. (disclaimer: no clue if it does that, but hey, I get to write a disclaimer. Always wanted to do that)

/Tideturner

Bunnyhunt3r
March 15th, 2019, 14:02
Hi, thanks for this great extension. Just to let you know that it doesn't work with the combat inhancer 1.5 : when using ranged weapon or spell attacks.
here is the script error message :
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:37: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'source between -45 to -135 degrees'
Runtime Notice: s'source between 45 to 135 degrees'
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:37: attempt to index local 'token' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'source between -45 to 45 degrees'

Thanks for your hard work

Tideturner
March 15th, 2019, 14:23
Hey Bunnyhunt3r

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look :)

Regards,
Tideturner

Bunnyhunt3r
March 15th, 2019, 14:54
Please note that we can expect a new minor release of the combat enhancer for this week-end. So perhaps wait for it.

Tideturner
March 15th, 2019, 21:22
Hi Bunnyhunt3r,

Assuming here that you're using the 1.6 version of my extension from the post a couple of replies up (#109), and not version 1.5 that is at the top post which is not compatible with the combat enhancer.

So there are no changes from 1.4.2 to 1.5 of combat enhancer in the code where the two extensions overlap. And as such they should work fine together.

I was however able to replicate your error, even with my extension disabled.
Turns out that if you try to do a ranged attack while having an NPC / PC in the combat tracker that does not have a token on the map, that error will trigger.

I'll make a bug report in the combat enhancer thread.

Regards,
Tideturner

Bunnyhunt3r
March 15th, 2019, 22:26
Yes i use your 1.6.
So it is working fine if i put all the tokens on the map, great workaround for this bug, thanks a lot.
It probably will be fixed in the next release of the combat enhancer, i'm sure Styrmir will look at this problem.
regards

LordNova2
June 10th, 2019, 05:23
So my existing campaign (I was DMing) ended, and now I am playing as a player and noticed that I have the ability to change the settings for this extension under the options.27551

Steffen_de_Wolff
July 29th, 2019, 03:19
will this work on the 2e ruleset?

MrDDT
August 8th, 2019, 01:57
Fortunately the overlapping code that the Combat Enhancer had changed was minimal (but crucial), so I can fairly easily be compatible.

Right now I detect if it is installed and replicate its changes if so. I should probably detect version as well, but for now this'll do.
Guess I'll hear from you soon enough if there's an update to the extension that breaks the compatibility :)

Would somebody be willing to test this both with and without the Combat Enhancer? Seems to work fine for me, but I would like an extra pair of eyes if possible (as in your help, not some weird flavor for my face).

Just remember to test it on a separate test campaign. Don't wanna loose all those meticulously tokens on all those sneaky layers, when you disable the Combat Enhancer. (disclaimer: no clue if it does that, but hey, I get to write a disclaimer. Always wanted to do that)

/Tideturner

This Combat Enhancer one works with it, is there a way to get this put on the first post so we can keep track of updates for it? I love this ext, and I love Combat Enhancer ext.

paladiusdarkhelm
October 24th, 2019, 18:51
Hi, Tideturner. Is there a quick way I could modify a local copy of this extension so that I could use it and it would work in another ruleset? I'm wanting to implement it in the 40K Ruleset for Dark Heresy (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40215-40k-Multiset-Ruleset) - likely at 100% for anything I toss into the Combat Tracker as I figure that'd be easiest, if it is possible. I have it in so that it shows up as able to be enabled, but I don't think that ruleset uses types and the like default (5e) Flavors looks for.

Thank you!

LordEntrails
October 24th, 2019, 19:21
want. Can copy and open up any extension. Just rename from .mod to .zip. change the rules tag near the top to what you want.

Expect errors, so open up the console from chat and then work through the errors by updating the code in your extracted copy.

paladiusdarkhelm
October 24th, 2019, 19:47
Thanks, LordEntrails. That's what I did in order to get it loading. Experimenting with it, it just doesn't seem to add the "Flavors" into the names that go into the Combat Tracker when the options for Flavors are set to 100%, so I figured there's something in there looking for some specific 5e type fields. There are no errors to the console.

LordEntrails
October 24th, 2019, 20:01
So then you will have to open up 40k ruleset and reverse what objects/classes are being used to add names to the CT. I would post in the ruleset thread as the Dev or other users familiar with that ruleset might be able to point you to what you would have to use. But I suspect it might not be as easy as you hope!

Tideturner
October 24th, 2019, 20:26
Hey,

I think I removed the 5e restriction early on.

The types are 5E and PF only, for every other ruleset it just treats the NPC as if they are type: humanoid.

I just tested it with the one you mentioned, as well as the new 2E ruleset. And it did not add flavors to anything.

That's out right insulting! Everything should have flavors.

I'll take a look and see if I can find out what's going on.

Tideturner
October 24th, 2019, 21:05
Hey,

Ok, so the 40K ruleset overrides the CoreRPG addBattle that NPC flavors relies on. Since the extension is loaded after the ruleset, it will take over the addBattle and throw an error when adding from an encounter. And stuff like vehicles and ships and what not will not work at all I think.

The override is substantial enough that I can't just make a few modifications to get it to work.

I'll think on how to do this, but nothing I can get done quickly today I'm afraid. I'll see if I can take a look this weekend.

You are of course absolutely welcome to experiment on your own :D

paladiusdarkhelm
October 25th, 2019, 02:39
Wow! Thank you so much for looking into this a bit, Tideturner. I like the extension so much, I wanted to see if it was compatible to breathe some life into the NPC cultists over in my Dark Heresy games :-D