PDA

View Full Version : Paid Modification to Ruleset

RobboNJ69
May 20th, 2016, 21:23
Hello,
I'm looking to have a couple minor changes made to a custom ruleset.

Simply: instead of a spell cast DC being based on (10 + mods), I want the DC to be based on a D20 spell 'attack' roll plus the mods.

As found here: Campaign/Template_Spell.xml Line 155
<script>
function onSourceUpdate()
setValue(10 + calculateSources());
end
</script>

I tried changing to this: (math.random(20) + calculateSources());

which worked but with two problems:
(1) You don't see the actual die roll like you do on a weapon attack and (2) it only refreshes the random number when you make a change to the modifier.

So when you click on the 'Cast' button for a spell, a D20 should roll in the roller (like an attack) and then the target should be prompted to save (as it does already) against DC= DieRoll + Mods.

Please let me know the cost to do this. I'm not looking to lowball, but this is for personal use, so I'm also not looking to dump a lot into it.

Thanks!

By the way - The Rule set is 99% based on 3.5E with a couple new Stats added - this does not affect the change I'm looking for.

leozelig
May 21st, 2016, 02:07
I would look in the scripts folder... I don't recall the exact file name, maybe manager_action_spell. You want to modify the 'onSpellCast' function (or something like that) where you can set the save DC to the roll result. The DCC RPG ruleset does this if you want to look at that code, which is also modified 3.5E code.

damned
May 21st, 2016, 02:36
It probably only updates when you change the modifier because the script is set to run on update....

function onSourceUpdate()

Have a look at the logic and see if you can execute it onclick or similar.

RobboNJ69
May 21st, 2016, 19:46
Thanks damned and leozelig! I appreciate the suggestions. I did play around with several files and after a few hours I decided to find some help.

RobboNJ69
May 30th, 2016, 05:19
Still hoping someone out there knows the software well enough to make this change. I am willing to pay for the work. Thanks in advance!