PDA

View Full Version : LFG: 5e D&D long term gaming group.

Donivan2009
May 19th, 2016, 13:27
FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone: Central
Day of week and time: Because of my summer work schedule, Wednesday mornings -OR- Weekend evenings. After summer ends, the game times are much more flexible.
If new game, planned start date: Hopefully either 5/25 in the morning sometime -OR- 5/29 in the evening hours. The group can come to a decision of convenient times.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term! Please be able to commit to the group. The occasional postponed session is acceptable and understandable as life happens.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Skype or TS

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4
Character starting level & equipment: 1
Character restrictions: Any from 5e PHB is acceptable, preferably a group that is at least neutral alignment.

Details of your scenario: I'm looking to get a new group of players together to start with the Tyranny Of Dragons campaign and continue from there. I like to play using a mix of published campaigns and my own original adventures. I tend to stick to the D&D rulesets, but some exceptions come up occasionally if they are within reason. I'm not a rule nazi by any means, but I feel the rules set a challenge and keep the game moving at its intended pace. I run very relaxed and fun sessions, so feel free to take your RP to any level you are comfortable with. If you want to talk in character, go for it! If not, that's just fine too! I put a lot of effort into designing and putting together campaigns and adventures, so I'm looking for a group that can appreciate that. I like to use a lot of visual components, maps, handouts, etc. I also play with downtime activities, but not the quality of life expenses unless the characters establish a home base. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, I feel i've used up enough space already! :p

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1987

DMZeff
May 19th, 2016, 16:08
I'm interested if you're playing early on Wednesday. I usually like to go hiking on the weekends, so I can't really commit to the Sunday time.

arielroxx
May 19th, 2016, 16:53
i would be interested in joining but I'm only able to play after 7pm eastern time because of my work schedule.

im new to D&D but very willing to learn if that's alright with you.

jenkinsdka
May 19th, 2016, 17:33
I'm certainly interested. I couldn't do morning but evenings could work. normally any day during the week after 8 Eastern would work for me but that might be to late. Weekend evenings would be tough however I do have some flexibility during the summer. I am currently running a monthly game with some friends but would actually like to play. unfortunately I could not start on next Wednesday or memorial day weekend.

Donivan2009
May 19th, 2016, 22:56
Hey guys, thanks for your interest. Wednesday mornings would be great or weekend nights. I have to work late nights during the summer week. If you could go to the game calendar and submit a time just so I can see what works best for everyone. I look forward to playing!!

Donivan2009
May 19th, 2016, 23:46
Also, after checking my work schedule, I could actually do mornings on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday -OR- Saturday mornings. Just in case that helps at all.

DMZeff
May 19th, 2016, 23:58
Also, after checking my work schedule, I could actually do mornings on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday -OR- Saturday mornings. Just in case that helps at all.

I got it figured out. I had to set my time in the settings. I'm good for any weekdays as long as I'm ending the session before 8 PM eastern. Early times work best for me. Monday and Thursday are more convenient than Wednesday, but all 3 work.

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 00:02
Oh yea, i forgot to accept you on the calendar :p I accepted you. Keep a look out and I will make sure I let you know the exact time and date.

DMZeff
May 20th, 2016, 00:05
Sounds good. I submitted 3 times, but I didn't see it go anywhere so I'm assuming only you can see that. I've only played on FG as a DM so this side is a little different. :)

jenkinsdka
May 20th, 2016, 02:43
I assume we are talking around 3 hour sessions? I can do monday mornings or later afternoon but I know that I will have three that I can make in the next couple of months because of vacations. Saturday mornings are normally free. and would not be affected by vacation.

colorless_spy
May 20th, 2016, 03:34
I'm interested, although I can only commit to Wednesday mornings, as on the evenings I DM Adventurer's League :/

Carog the Fat
May 20th, 2016, 06:13
I would be intrested

GayLussac
May 20th, 2016, 13:38
I'm interested, and my hours are flexible, so I can accomodate to the schedule you end up deciding on.

I really like DnD and the Forgotten Realms setting, huge fan of Baldur's Gate and used to play a lot of Neverwinter Nights on persistent worlds, but, all that said, I have no experience with 5e or PnP of any kind. However, I'm a fast learner and had no trouble internalizing the rules of 2e or 3e.

I had actually purchased the 3e PHB and DMG in high school, but none of my IRL friends were up for it. My interest in PnP was piqued again by watching Critical Role and I think I have a decent idea on how a session is run, now. I also already have a pretty clear idea on what character I'd like to play after browsing the 5e PHB, but can accomodate to the group's needs.

Anyways, let me know if you have the slot open :]

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 14:04
Thanks for everyone's interest! Anyone who hasn't voted on a day yet, if you could go to the calendar and vote either the two Mondays or the two Wednesdays just so I know which day will be best. Whichever 2 days we choose will be the normal session day going forward.

Thanks! I hope we can get started as soon as possible!

GayLussac
May 20th, 2016, 14:13
Voted for the mondays, night time will be easier on my personal schedule if/when I start working again.

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 14:34
The only issue, is during the summer I will start working nights from 4pm - 10pm during the weekdays. That's why I was trying to get a morning game going.

GayLussac
May 20th, 2016, 14:52
Yes, my bad. 12:00 PM equals midday, not midnight (duh). I'd rather play late at night, but mornings are still alright with me for the foreseeable future.

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 14:58
Yea, sorry bout that. What is mornings for me may be afternoon or night for others. I forgot the calendar shows in your local time. Even if we have to adjust times and days in the future, that's fine.

vonBlack
May 20th, 2016, 16:11
FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone: Central
Day of week and time: Because of my summer work schedule, Wednesday mornings -OR- Weekend evenings. After summer ends, the game times are much more flexible.
If new game, planned start date: Hopefully either 5/25 in the morning sometime -OR- 5/29 in the evening hours. The group can come to a decision of convenient times.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term! Please be able to commit to the group. The occasional postponed session is acceptable and understandable as life happens.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Skype or TS

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4
Character starting level & equipment: 1
Character restrictions: Any from 5e PHB is acceptable, preferably a group that is at least neutral alignment.

Details of your scenario: I'm looking to get a new group of players together to start with the Tyranny Of Dragons campaign and continue from there. I like to play using a mix of published campaigns and my own original adventures. I tend to stick to the D&D rulesets, but some exceptions come up occasionally if they are within reason. I'm not a rule nazi by any means, but I feel the rules set a challenge and keep the game moving at its intended pace. I run very relaxed and fun sessions, so feel free to take your RP to any level you are comfortable with. If you want to talk in character, go for it! If not, that's just fine too! I put a lot of effort into designing and putting together campaigns and adventures, so I'm looking for a group that can appreciate that. I like to use a lot of visual components, maps, handouts, etc. I also play with downtime activities, but not the quality of life expenses unless the characters establish a home base. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, I feel i've used up enough space already! :p

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1987

Hello Donivan2009,
I would be interested in joining your group. I have not played on Fantasy Grounds yet and just purchased a license last night. I have played on paper though back in the mid 80's. I appreciate the hard work in creating dungeons and would be honored to be apart of this group. I understand space may be at a premium. Let me know if there is room for me. Thanks much and good day. vonBlack

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 16:16
Hello Donivan2009,
I would be interested in joining your group. I have not played on Fantasy Grounds yet and just purchased a license last night. I have played on paper though back in the mid 80's. I appreciate the hard work in creating dungeons and would be honored to be apart of this group. I understand space may be at a premium. Let me know if there is room for me. Thanks much and good day. vonBlack

Hi Von! It would be great to have you in the group. If you would do me a quick favor, and go to the calendar page and apply, then vote on either the 2 Wednesday times or the two Monday times. It's looking like the Monday times are going to be the time going forward. If you need help figuring out the calendar (it can be confusing) send me a PM or reply here. Thanks!

vonBlack
May 20th, 2016, 16:24
Also, I am open to game times as above.

vonBlack
May 20th, 2016, 16:26
Thanks Donivan,,,,, I'll check it out.

vonBlack
May 20th, 2016, 23:33
Hey Donivan,,,, I saw I as taken off the list,,, did you decide there were too many? Let me know what's up. Thanks

Donivan2009
May 20th, 2016, 23:45
Ummm... I don't think I meant to take yout off. I was taking the ones off who didn't reply to my pm's or didn't vote on a time. Will you sign up again for me? Or I can add u back on. Sorry bout that!

vonBlack
May 21st, 2016, 00:28
No worries,,, I'm new here and thought I may have pushed a wrong button. Thanks for having me!!!

rob2e
May 21st, 2016, 22:34
I'm totally down for this. Signed up on the calendar. Will PM DM.

Found out through GayLussac btw.

DarthSykus29
May 22nd, 2016, 02:10
How long is the game going to run for? I see it starts at 11am est what time will it end?