PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weekday Mon-Fri 5e

DMZeff
May 18th, 2016, 05:33
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Western time USA (PST) but looking to play early so European evening times tend to work well for me
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mon-Fri, weekly, preferrably ending before 8 PM PST (midnight EST), but I can possibly adjust on certain days/times. Can't be Tuesday at 11-3 PST
Term: Long term or campaign based, no one shots
Voice: I have a webcam, mic, and access to w/e software you use

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: Every edition of D&D, but I'm only interested in playing 5e for the time being.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New, but pretty well versed in FG. I DM a campaign on Sundays

Character Type Preferred: I prefer to play the character and not the class, but if we're talking mechanics then... arcane casters > sneaky rogue types > melee front line > support roles > everything else
About me: I'm a pretty laid back guy that enjoys DMing and playing D&D. I'm currently running 2 campaigns of my own and playing a cleric in another.

Most of the time I'm in character because it's fun and helps me make decisions that my character would make rather than what I the player want. I don't need the rest of the party to be in character, but I have a lot more fun if people spend more time in character and less time talking about dice rolls and being rule lawyers. I like combat and roleplay equally, but above all, I like telling a good story. I'll always be looking for opportunities to play my character true to their original design with the goal being to add to the story in memorable ways.

I look at failure as just another way to tell a story so I really dislike when people metagame or try to suggest to me out of character what I should do or what the mechanically superior move would be. I've played D&D for a long time and I understand what the mechanical play is in most cases, but the character I'm playing might see things differently. I'd prefer the group to consist of people who can separate what their character knows from they know.

I'm the kind of guy that shows up early and is always prepared. If for some reason I can't make a session, which is extremely rare, you'll always known well in advance. I know what it's like to have people flake out and I'm not going to be that guy.

I'm sure there is stuff I'm leaving out, but if you have any questions, let me know.