PDA

View Full Version : Registering Product on Steam (Subscription?)

Daxx
May 17th, 2016, 17:42
Hi all,

I've recently subscribed to the Ultimate edition so that some friends & I can test out this program before all paying out for the full licences. My question is, can I register the product on Steam even though my access to it is granted through the subscription model & not the one time payment? I have tried but am repeatedly given the "invalid code" error message.

Thanks,
Daxx

jshauber
May 17th, 2016, 17:48
Welcome Daxx!!!

Someone will be along shortly that can answer that for you. I use FG directly, not thru Steam so have no idea how that works.

Hopefully you all enjoy FG as much as the rest of us have. If you have any questions as you and your friends are trying it out, be sure to post. The community is extremely quick in responding and always has excellent advise/tips to make FG life easier.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2016, 19:00
The keys purchased through the FG web site are registered with Steam every 4-6 weeks, since it is a manual process for Steam to add the keys to their system.

There is a thread on the Steam discussion board for FG where Doug announces when keys are updated.

The Steam version is exactly the same version as the one from the site, so there's no functional difference.

Regards,
JPG

Daxx
May 17th, 2016, 19:22
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated.

It wasn't anything for functionality, it was mostly just the friends list features & buying the addon packs from the steam store, but that's not a big thing really.

Thanks again,
Daxx