PDA

View Full Version : Updates to Core Rules books

Mixylplyx
May 17th, 2016, 02:12
So are the Core Rules books (DMG, PHB, MM) updated with corrections from WotC's Sage Advice column (e.g. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/errata-may-2016)? If not, how best to incorporate the Errata corrections into FG?

Varsuuk
May 17th, 2016, 03:58
I wish I could add my own notes/clarifications. I know can do some mods for adventures, but unless I'm just having a Kink-boy moment...can't recall being able to do that Anyone?

Would definitely love to have that ability.

If it's only a rights issue, perhaps they can add an "insert link here" button where we could enter our own text/notes/rulings in a pop up story-like window? Then when look at original page there will be a new dragon link there ;)

Zacchaeus
May 17th, 2016, 19:13
So are the Core Rules books (DMG, PHB, MM) updated with corrections from WotC's Sage Advice column (e.g. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/errata-may-2016)? If not, how best to incorporate the Errata corrections into FG?

Yes all the errata will be incorporated into the FG versions. Virtually all of those are already in there and what isn't will be in version 3.2.

I wish I could add my own notes/clarifications. I know can do some mods for adventures, but unless I'm just having a Kink-boy moment...can't recall being able to do that Anyone?

Would definitely love to have that ability.

If it's only a rights issue, perhaps they can add an "insert link here" button where we could enter our own text/notes/rulings in a pop up story-like window? Then when look at original page there will be a new dragon link there ;)

You can't edit reference material or copy it. You can however use story entries to do whatever you want with and that could include adding notes or clarifications. You can include a link to the bit of the PHB/MM/DMG or whatever in the story entry and then export it all as a module for future reference.

Mixylplyx
May 17th, 2016, 20:29
Yes all the errata will be incorporated into the FG versions. Virtually all of those are already in there and what isn't will be in version 3.2.

Great, thanks!

cdj0902
August 20th, 2016, 19:00
Question: I've been running Tyranny of Dragons and Princes of the Apocalypse. I've noticed that the errata is still not incorporated into the official FG modules for either of these. Are there still plans to do so? I've compared the errata sheet for a few examples in the DMG and those have been incorporated. My modules are fully up to date. Thanks!

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2016, 19:15
If you are using them in existing campaigns, you have to "Revert" them to get the updates. You revert from the library module right mouse over the module.

And welcome to the Community!

Zacchaeus
August 20th, 2016, 19:18
Hi, cdj0902. Welcome also.

The updates haven't been made yet (at least not the most recent ones). V 3.2 (which will include corrections to many, many errors and the errata) will be rolled out when it's ready. And no, I don't have a date or time frame for that, sorry.

cdj0902
August 20th, 2016, 19:23
Hi, cdj0902. Welcome also.

The updates haven't been made yet (at least not the most recent ones). V 3.2 (which will include corrections to many, many errors and the errata) will be rolled out when it's ready. And no, I don't have a date or time frame for that, sorry.

No worries. I was just curious. Thank you for the quick response!