PDA

View Full Version : Zombie template with Advanced Bestiary

nickabbey
May 17th, 2016, 01:10
I'm not sure how to proceed, I have been trying to build a zombie template to match the one on pazio's site. This editor window won't let me post a link, I guess it's against forum rules, maybe I need rep or something? It's at pazio's website under the url:
/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/kobold.html#kobold

My issue is that zombified creatures' hit die are supposed to change to d8's and I don't know how to carry over the individual components of the original stat from the base sheet.

For example, a black dragon has 14d12+70, and a basilisk has 7d10+14.
A zombified black dragon should have 14d8+70, while a zombified basilisk should have 7d8+14

Is it possible to reference the original portions of the hit dice individually kind of like:
{{base.num_dice}}d{{base.die}}+{{base.bonus}}

So then my zombie template could do:
new.hd={{base.num_dice}}d8+{{base.bonus}}

Looking though that monster source, I guess I'd need to get the size too, in order to figure out the ac...

Tips are appreciated. For now I guess I'll just make a template with the things I know how to do and tweak the rest by hand.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2016, 01:27
Open up the "Advanced Bestiary" module when running a PFRPG campaign with the Advanced Bestiary extension enabled. This adds a new tab to the "Templates" list that contains all of the templates from the advanced bestiary. This is your best set of examples on how to create templates. For example, the "War Machine" template replaces the existing HD value with a d10:

nickabbey
May 17th, 2016, 03:15
I used this example, and just entered 'd8' in to the hit dice field, but when I merge the template with the base, I get unexpected results.
For example, with a kobold that has 1d10 hp, the merge results in '1d80'.
There was no way to do the logic for figuring out bonus hit dice anyway (that I was able to see), so I just created the template using the fields that I didn't have any trouble with, and modified the rest by hand.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2016, 04:00
For example, with a kobold that has 1d10 hp, the merge results in '1d80'.
Yeah, that occurs for me too. Could you log this as an issue in the house of healing please so the devs are aware and can look at it?

Also, there is a help tab when you are looking at/editing a template - this has some good info on how to create templates and what can be done.