PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cancel subscription b/c I want to by License

DeadSailor79
May 15th, 2016, 23:25
I'm trying to cancel my subscription because I wish to buy the Fantasy Grounds License. I've read the FAQ at:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_canc elsub

which tells me to go to the following link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist and says to “Log into your Paypal account and then go to Settings and then Preapproved Payments.” However I see no option to Cancel my subscription when I follow that link.

Also, the FAQ says there isn't a problem with canceling a subscription before you buy a license but then it says “you should have already switched to your new license key prior to cancellation”. So, which do I need to do? I was trying to cancel my subscription before I buy the License so I would be charged for the monthly fee after I bought the license. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

“If you choose to later acquire a one-time license or to renew your subscription, all of your creations will still be available. The only thing which will be different will be your license key.”

“From there, you can cancel that payment. Note that you should have already switched to your new license key and ran an update prior to cancellation if you are replacing your subscription with a permanent license.”

Trenloe
May 15th, 2016, 23:51
Do you see your subscription when you follow the link to the PayPal site? If so, click on the merchant name next to the subscription entry and within the following page there is a "Status" line - which probably shows "Active" and there will be a "Cancel" link to the right of "Active".

DeadSailor79
May 16th, 2016, 00:20
When I click on the merchant link it brings me to a page that doesn't have a "Status line" exactly but there is section that says active and just under it it has a "cancel" button but when I click that button I get the following message: "You can't reactivate canceled customer profiles. Do you still want to cancel it?". I figured if I used that cancel option it would do more than just cancel my subscription, like it would cancel my account linked to Fantasy Grounds period and I wouldn't be able to use it with Fantasy Grounds anymore. I do wish to buy a license so I do wish to use that PayPal account with Fantasy Grounds again. So, is it OK to use that cancel option and I would still be able to use Fantasy Grounds with that PayPal account or if I do will it no longer let me use that PayPal account with Fantasy Grounds?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2016, 00:34
All you're cancelling from that page is the subscription, nothing else. It's completely ok to cancel and still be able to use PayPal for FG purchases.