PDA

View Full Version : Multiplication Modifier

Agathon
June 9th, 2005, 19:14
Is there a way to handle multiplication with the Modifier for die rolls? I tried dragging the x3 for criticals to the modifier but no dice.

I would love to be able to drag a modifier for my regular damage bonus, drag a multiplier for this hit being a critical, then add a 1d6 Flame modifier (which doesn't get multiplied) and then roll the dice.
Is this possible?

agathonvm

Akallos
June 9th, 2005, 21:02
hmm... but criticals don't get multiplied, at least not in 3.0 or 3.5. You roll as many times and add them up. A ctritical x3 whose normal damage is 1d8 +2 +1d6 (fire damage) would be 3d8 +6 +1d6. Your roll 1d8 +2 three times and then add 1d6 that doesn't get multiplied.

Then again you may have a house rule or some other use for a multiplication modifier. I'm not saying it is useless, only that official rules as they are do not have any multiplier modifiers.

Agathon
June 9th, 2005, 21:21
Oh, yea, that's right. My bad.

Is there a way to roll two types of dice at once? I'd like to roll 3d12 and 1d6 and add my modifier.

I don't see any way graphically, but the /die command should support:

/die 3d12 + 1d6

That would be nice.

Oh, and on that note, is there a reason /die commands don't use the modifier?

agathonvm

PowerJ
June 10th, 2005, 02:34
The die command has it's own modifier:

/die [n]d[n] +[n] [message]
/die [n]d[n] -[n] [message]

Syntax is as shown, one with each modifier. the message part is a text blurb you can add in with the roll