PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Custom Campaign EST LFP

Hennet
May 15th, 2016, 06:48
I am running a D&D 5e campaign, just out of the gate a few days in with two players who may or may not stick around. Anyone interested in joining can easily be worked in as we are still in the starting phase of the game.

Time Zone: EST
Days: These are flexible based on the player's schedules but I am basically available all of the time except mornings-afternoon for school. Ideally I'd like 1-2 plays per week with one play on the weekend, but I can live with less.
Style of Play: I like to be a reactive DM, I prepare a lot of different paths for players and improvise when they stray away from my expectations, I like to reward players for creativity rather than force them onto rails. So how we play will be very sandboxish, with various factions, branching storylines, and personal quests. I like to take the player's backstories and work in arching storylines. This requires a bit of meta game planning, but it doesn't make anyone OP or the center of the universe. (You can watch the Threshold 5e podcasts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpEAysUsTLc&list=PLt8z5gfL3E0WCaBCdxmFk15M1Ni5gpZPb&index=2) to see where I draw inspiration.) Needless to say Role Playing is a big part of my campaigns, which can be done in text or voice chat, whichever one's more comfortable with.
Setting: Forgotten Realms 1408 DR
Voice Program: I use gamevox, which is basically just Mumble 2.0. It works incredibly well and is free and easy to download.

Just reply here or send me a message if this sounds like a campaign you would enjoy.

Koreapsu
May 15th, 2016, 08:21
Quite interested depending on the actual game time. What time/day?

pierce768
May 15th, 2016, 16:00
Quite interested depending on the actual game time. What time/day?

Yea same here. If I were you what I would do is set a day, say Monday's 7pm eastern ;) and run that every week. Then if you want to try to run an additional session that week ask the group and try to set a time up. Being the beginning of the week that might work.

It's going to be tricky to find plays without set days in your post.

gingerknight1701
May 15th, 2016, 16:15
if u decide to play on fridays anytime between 3pm and 3am (gmt).
i would like to join. fyi tho im pretty new to vvts . thank u

phylloscopus
May 15th, 2016, 17:57
I'm completely new to Fantasy Grounds, and would love to join this campaign.

Bluesmusic
May 15th, 2016, 20:19
I can easily commit to a Monday at 7:00 pm EST weekly game. My Monday game just disbanded and looking to fill that time slot.

DeadSailor79
May 15th, 2016, 22:38
I'm very interested. I'm Available on Mondays and Thursdays (EST but all times considered).

CJNewYork11
May 16th, 2016, 17:36
Depending on the timing I'd be interested as well. Generally my evening schedule is fairly flexible, so please let me know what you had in mind. Thanks!

bos_venus
May 16th, 2016, 17:50
I would like to join your game, I am new to FG but have experience with pen and paper, I'm well versed in 5e and am open to play Mondays and can arrange my schedule if you would like to do 2 sessions a week as well.

djacob91
May 17th, 2016, 07:57
Depending on what times you are looking at, I would be interested I could play on Mondays from 7 to 10 pm EST before I have to get ready for work. I could also look into a similar time slot on the weekends or Friday.

DMZeff
May 18th, 2016, 05:56
I'm interested. Let me know when you're planning to meet up and I'll see if I can work with you. The best times for me are Mon-Fri ending by midnight EST.

Bluesmusic
May 18th, 2016, 11:03
It appears several of us can play on Mondays from 7-10 pm EST.

thoringard
May 18th, 2016, 17:21
FINALLY!!!! a 5e game in EST!!

I am INTERESTED and can play at those times on mondays 7-10pm. i am also in EST.

thoringard
May 18th, 2016, 17:21
FINALLY!!!! a 5e game in EST!!

I am INTERESTED and can play at those times on mondays 7-10pm. i am also in EST.

Klaatu_the_druid
May 19th, 2016, 03:42
I'm pretty new to D&D and have played a cleric as of late. I'm EST and can jump in!

- S

Lucidator
May 21st, 2016, 04:52
This could be interesting though depending on the game time and date i could join. Im GMT +1, i can play on Mondays(maybe), Wednesdays, saturdays and sundays.

Zulkee
May 21st, 2016, 05:15
I am interested in playing, I am available Tuesdays and Fridays, 7:pm on EST..... and Sundays same time.

deadlye
May 21st, 2016, 10:08
Greetings,

Interested in joining. Available one day a week(possibly more) Mon-Fri after 7pm EST. Sunday also optional.

Morfedel
May 21st, 2016, 21:09
I'm very interested. I'm Available on Mondays and Thursdays (EST but all times considered).

you arent available thursdays anymore :P LOL

DeadSailor79
May 23rd, 2016, 07:32
you arent available thursdays anymore :P LOL

Nope, I never received a reply on this tread so I made other plans. :p

Morfedel
May 23rd, 2016, 13:57
Nope, I never received a reply on this tread so I made other plans. :p

I went through the thread and checked, apparently neither did anyone else. ;)

thoringard
May 23rd, 2016, 22:05
yes. it is very frustrating as a player trying to find a 5e game in EST that is during times that i am available. im almost ready to just DM... if you build it they will come style.

damned
May 24th, 2016, 05:00
yes. it is very frustrating as a player trying to find a 5e game in EST that is during times that i am available. im almost ready to just DM... if you build it they will come style.

This is true. Build it an they will come. Morfedel is just about to launch something in collaboration with some other players where they are looking to rotate GMs over time.
Perhaps you might consider just running a short campaign 2-5 sessions long and seeing how you feel at the end. Encourage one of the players to do the same.The group I play in now has 4 GMs running games :)

thoringard
May 24th, 2016, 13:08
Perhaps you might consider just running a short campaign 2-5 sessions long and seeing how you feel at the end. Encourage one of the players to do the same.The group I play in now has 4 GMs running games :)

That is a good suggestion. I hadn't considered running one-shots or short campaigns. I will look into working that out. Thanks!

damned
May 24th, 2016, 13:54
thoringard one shots and mini campaigns can sometimes be more work than a full blown campaign (relatively speaking on a week to week comparison) but you dont have the stress or expectation of having to run something for a whole year.
It lets you feel your way into things. If you - or the players - mess up there are no lasting ramifications. It lets you and the players feel each other out, gives you a chance to see if you enjoy each others game style. Its easier for people to commit to a month of Thursdays than a year. You can mix things up and try different stuff. You can swap the GM role around every so often. There really are lots of pluses to running some shorter stuff.

Blindmandefdog
May 29th, 2016, 10:56
I'm easy to get along with and am willing to fill in party roles that are not being used. Just let me know! I don't have the software, but plan on buying it once I can find a game. I do have a steady scheduale and can give affirmative yes or no to scheduling

rept
May 30th, 2016, 20:27
Any room left? I'm available to play if you still are in need of players.