PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5th Edition - Rage of Demons

Morfedel
May 15th, 2016, 02:58
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the template suggested in the sticky until now. I just saw it, so adding it to this post

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5th edition D&D

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Either Wednesday or Thursday, starting probably around 8:30 pm
planned start date: TBD, after roster filled
Planned Frequency: Once a week
Term: Til the Rage of Demons module is finished, although possibly then starting a homebrew

Text or Voice: Combined Text and VOIP
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Determined by the module; homebrew will likely be 50/50 split
Number of Players in game & needed:have 2, need 2-3 more
Character starting level & equipment: core book starting characters
Character restrictions: using all core book phb classes and races; also alllowing eladrin from the DMG

So, I've picked up Rage of Demons and I have the ultimate license, and i have two players already. i'm looking for about 2-3 more. We will most likely be using some VOIP system, such as Teamspeak, to suppliment FG, but that isnt for certain yet.

we will probably be playing on either Wednesday or Thursday in the evening, central time. This may become a long term campaign. Frankly, what I'm doing is, since I'd been a very experienced GM in the past but, due to various life issues, haven;t been able to run a game for a few years; plus I havent used FG in awhile, and obviously I haven't run 5th edition before either.

So this is kind of a shakeout cruise game; relearn FG, make sure I understand 5th edition, and shake out the GM rust out of my system all at once. As such, I dont promise the start of the game will be smooth, but my goal is to make sure I'm running things more smoothly each game time, til by the time the module ends I'll be much improved.

Once the module is done, I'll most likely be starting with a full, homebrew campaign; frankly, I prefer homebrew worlds. However, there is a chance I may also run a game using Amethyst Quintessence edition, which, if you aren't familiar with it, is a d&d 5th edition add on: imagine earth, in the future, where magic has returned, but in a nuclear explosive fashion; semi post apocalyptic thing. I'm in the early stages of evaluating it, it SEEMS mostly well done, although I do have some questions in power balance I've emailed the creator about; however, the world itself is rather evocative.

But if I decide it won't work, I'll be doing a homebrew campaign world, as I tend to run those better than most third party in print worlds.

Anyway; so for what I'm looking for is two to three mature but fun loving gamers, with a little patience during this shake-out cruise, with an open mind willing to try new things. We havent decided on exact times, days, dates, etc, but as I said, it will most likely be either wedneday or thursday evenings. These players also have to be RELIABLE, sadly something I've found lacking in many online pnp style gamers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

JohnD
May 15th, 2016, 03:51
People probably need to know your time zone so they can figure out what you mean by your timeframe and days, relative to them.

Morfedel
May 15th, 2016, 04:33
People probably need to know your time zone so they can figure out what you mean by your timeframe and days, relative to them.

If you go back and read my post, you will see that I said central time ;)

EDIT: however, I hadnt used the template, didnt read that post until after I posted this, so went back and edited my original post by adding the suggested template

sctorchwoodfan
May 15th, 2016, 06:24
I you decide to run it on Weds nights. I would be interested in joining.

Koreapsu
May 15th, 2016, 08:24
Make a calendar entry - it will automatically convert your time to the viewer's time so they can see when you're playing.

It makes it much more convenient for the rest of the world.

Daemini
May 15th, 2016, 12:45
I'm interested in joining. I've inboxed you a private message.

DeadSailor79
May 15th, 2016, 22:52
I'm very interested in joining. I'm available on Thursdays EST but all times considered (also Mondays, just throwing that out there).

Morfedel
May 15th, 2016, 23:37
Make a calendar entry - it will automatically convert your time to the viewer's time so they can see when you're playing.

It makes it much more convenient for the rest of the world.

Sure, once i've made a final decision on the day and time.

bryanwinn24
May 16th, 2016, 02:53
I would be interested in joining. Let me know the day and when you would probably end as I am on eastern time. Thanks!

bos_venus
May 16th, 2016, 18:03
I am interested in joining and can commit to a long term campaign I would just need to know the day and time to arrange my schedule. looking forward to hearing from you soon

iatesand
May 16th, 2016, 23:11
I would like to play as well, let me know if you still need 1 more. I am pretty open on the day.

ltcmdr
May 17th, 2016, 04:20
if at all possible, can i join? i just got fg and am looking for a game so me and my friends can play. thanks

Morfedel
May 19th, 2016, 04:21
oK, so I just spoke with my original two players, and we decided we are going to have the game thursday evenings. My plan is to start the game officially in two weeks, but two get characters created before that point.

I'm really only comfortable with around 3-5 range, which means I can accept around 3 more players. I know a few of you said you would only be free on wednesdays, and for you guys, sorry, we decided thursdays would be best. For the rest of you, i have to look over the applicants and see who I think we can fit in. Anyone else I might add as potential replacements, as it seems often online games have trouble with finding reliable players. Hopefully this won't be the case, but we will see.

I'm a bit tired tonight, so I'll try to get to the applicants tomorrow. Thanks for now!

Morfedel
May 19th, 2016, 04:31
So I had already accepted one person, meaning I have two slots left... maybe 3 - I can push it as far as 6 players sometimes, but I start feeling like thats a lot. Unfortunately there are 6 of you available for Thursday games. So I can either do this first come first served, see who responded first, or ask you to email me a bit about yourself and do an "application" process ;)

Anyway, I'm off to bed, will talk about this more with you guys tomorrow.

razorrandy
May 19th, 2016, 21:00
I would be glad to join, but I might be inconsistent on actual times but i will try my best to be consistent

Ithappens
May 20th, 2016, 15:22
I would be interested in Thursday night. I'd most likely roll with a melee class such as a barbarian but I'd be willing to play whatever is needed.

Bravesteel
May 21st, 2016, 01:58
I would love to play if you have any spots left. I haven't been able to get a game going with my friends due to work schedules.

Morfedel
May 21st, 2016, 03:55
All right, so I've messaged a total of 4 players, the first four who expressed interest between publicly here on this thread and in private, am waiting for a response. If they accept I'll message the others with the offer of alternates in case any of the first four dont work out. If some decline or dont reply i'll obviously move on to request more people.

deadlye
May 21st, 2016, 10:15
Greetings,

Interested in joining. Thursday works for me if after 7pm EST. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Morfedel
May 21st, 2016, 16:13
Hm. I created the campaign in the game calendar, but I'm trying to figure out how to actually get the first date assigned. For some reason I'm not getting it to work; anyone know how it works?

timdog88
May 22nd, 2016, 19:19
I had some problems with that on my first game as well. The trick was to format the time correctly, it had to be 12:00 PM , or whatever time you're using.

Morfedel
May 22nd, 2016, 19:37
I had some problems with that on my first game as well. The trick was to format the time correctly, it had to be 12:00 PM , or whatever time you're using.

it turned out I had to use military time, which Id tried, but with a 21:00 rather than a 2100 for the time to work.

That calendar is not very user friendly, and could use some improvements.