PDA

View Full Version : Where are the files saved?

Tanya
May 15th, 2016, 00:06
I have purchased several 5e modules from the store however I want to run them as 3.5 so I am trying to locate where the files are saved to be able to use the maps and pics. They don't show in AppData and I can't find them with a name search. I even tried a *.pak search. Any help would be appreciated.

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2016, 00:19
These files are not accessible, and are stored in an encrypted format per the publishers request.

Regards,
JPG

Tanya
May 15th, 2016, 00:50
Not the answer I wanted but thank you Moon Wizard. Now to waste the time pulling all the images off the net instead of them recognizing I paid for their use.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2016, 01:14
Or fire up a FG 5E campaign and screengrab the images you want using windows clipping tool or similar.

JohnD
May 15th, 2016, 03:48
Or fire up a FG 5E campaign and screengrab the images you want using windows clipping tool or similar.

+1 - that's what I'd do.

shardan
May 15th, 2016, 15:12
Actually i have a related but not clearly so sequel to this question. i have got several purchases pending (long story i won;t go into but should have the purchases made this week.)...i am dealing with a limited hard drive space issue. again, i don't have fg purchased yet, so i'm asking a few questions in anticipation. since i don' thave access to break the proprietary information, does this also mean i won't be able to access them to remove and re-add' as hard drive space becomes an issue in either direction?

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2016, 15:22
No, as far as I know once purchased modules will always be available. There isn't a way to uninstall a particular module. However none of it takes up a huge amount of space unless you have everything under the sun.

shardan
May 15th, 2016, 18:46
thanks for the answer. that makes sense, since an adenture module only needs to contain specifics to the adventure. i tend to overworry though. to respond to the implied but unasked question, ill be buying a boatload of stuff. Te core Fantasy grounds and the other game rulesets i am sure will be the biggest 'spacetakers.' again, thanks

damned
May 15th, 2016, 23:16
shardan one rulesets all many groups ever use and most dont have more than 2 or 3 rulesets. Dont go overboard and buy everything up front unless the cash is really not an issue.

shardan
May 16th, 2016, 01:48
i've beena ble to price my intended purchases, i'm okay on that front, but as far as rulesets, i'll be mainly using the 3.5, pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and the 5 ed (which i'm getting the files to wrap up that set)...and i hear that 7th edition for Call of Cthulhu is under construction (and curently as an extension), that should be about it. lots of adventures)

damned
May 16th, 2016, 02:05
You sound like you have lots of gaming planned!

shardan
May 16th, 2016, 02:25
hope so.