PDA

View Full Version : GMs Wanted to start Mid to End June.

Draeus
May 14th, 2016, 18:47
Hi GMD games club is looking for some GMs.

Check out GMD here. Our games are open to all but our members gain PERKS which will be explained to all new GMs.

GMD has taken a year to get to where it is today with many changes but what we need now are some budding new or old GMs to come fill up the games Calendar.

WHAT IS NEEDED?
To be a GM for GMD you must have an Ultimate Licence.

What do you get?
We set you up your own GM page on our website where players can leave comments and communicate back and forth if need be.
You get your own comms channel in the GMD Teamspeak 3 Server.
To be part of a community of gamers that enjoy a variety of games.

Interested?
please contact my via Private Message with any further questions etc...

GMs do not need to be a member of GMD to run games and ALL games are FREE to non members as well as members.

Koreapsu
May 15th, 2016, 01:23
Doesn't this just pull people away from the official FG LFG page and make games harder to find?

Draeus
May 25th, 2016, 10:17
Looking for GMs for July and August. Please pm me... thx

Daedalus
May 25th, 2016, 13:53
Doesn't this just pull people away from the official FG LFG page and make games harder to find?

I agree. I think both GMD and The Society of Extraordinary Gamers have memberships they charge for so I think they are both trying to make money/make it a business while the FG site is just trying to get gamers together. I agree that sites like that spread gamers out thin and make it harder for gamers to find games because if they go to one site, they wont see what is happening on another site.

Powerbug
May 25th, 2016, 15:17
I'll stick around these forums.

Black Hammer
May 25th, 2016, 15:28
Having run games for Draeus and GMD in the past, I don't see it as a problem. By its very nature, this is a divisive hobby.

You have people like me who have zero interest in D&D or Pathfinder, while there are plenty of folks who play nothing else. And while I love a horror or Lovecraft themed game, I've happily argued the merits and flaws of the different styles and settings within that genre many times. To have more than one website or forum for players to meet and discuss games is inevitable to begin with and probably a good thing.

HoratioDrank
May 25th, 2016, 16:15
What sort of compensation do the GMs get? If they are charging money for memberships, then GMs are volunteering their time so they can make money. It sounds potentially interesting to me, but I'd like to know what the compensation is.

Draeus
May 25th, 2016, 16:22
All GMD games are free to play for members and non members alike.

HoratioDrank
May 25th, 2016, 16:32
All GMD games are free to play for members and non members alike.

No offense intended, but that's sort of wagging the dog there. People pay money for memberships. I realize you give perks to members in exchange for their subscription fee, but without games for people to play nobody would buy a membership. The games, despite the fact that you don't charge for them individually, are what drive the demand for membership.

Draeus
May 25th, 2016, 16:40
This thread is advertising for GMs if you are not interested fair enough. If you wish to discuss the pros and cons of a games club. Could you please start a new thread in the relevant forum.

I will not enter into a debate regarding games clubs here.

Thank you.

HoratioDrank
May 25th, 2016, 16:48
I asked a simple question regarding your advertisement for GMs: is there compensation? I asked not because I wanted to start a debate about the pros and cons of game clubs. I asked because I felt a potential interest in getting involved. Despite your claim that you don't want to engage in a debate, you kicked off the debate by giving an evasive non-answer.

At this point, there is no way I would get involved in your game club. But I'm sure other potentially interested GMs are curious about the answer to my question: is there any sort of compensation for GMs who run games for you?

Hermundure
May 25th, 2016, 21:07
Good question, I would also like to know that because I might be interested.

Koreapsu
May 25th, 2016, 21:23
This thread is advertising for GMs if you are not interested fair enough. If you wish to discuss the pros and cons of a games club. Could you please start a new thread in the relevant forum.

And this board is for "finding games, announcing campaigns and scheduling play times.". Your post is a recruitment drive for your own games club business. It divides the player base and makes locating a game harder in particular for new users who would primarily look to this forum to find a group.

Perhaps you should take it to the relevant forum.

JerryRig
May 25th, 2016, 22:26
And this board is for "finding games, announcing campaigns and scheduling play times.". Your post is a recruitment drive for your own games club business. It divides the player base and makes locating a game harder in particular for new users who would primarily look to this forum to find a group.

Perhaps you should take it to the relevant forum.

Well said sir. I don't care for other clubs trying to take away GM's or players from Fantasy Ground's forum. The society for subordinary players already tried this gambit and failed and actually costs the FG community good players and GM's from their misuse of this forums resources.

-1 for this post Draeus.

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2016, 22:42
Alright I think this one has run its course so I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.