PDA

View Full Version : Basic, one might say "root" question... (... I'm so sorry...)

Varsuuk
May 14th, 2016, 04:23
I just created my first extension :) Nothing to post yet because it does very very little for you unless you have custom backgrounds which give you pre-assigned languages. But it will be expanded, this was a proof of concept (i.e. proving to self I am not too incompetent to make one ;P)

It was a simple matter (well except for my trying to figure out why my extension was not showing up no matter how much I tried to match a simple sample ext (GM Ownership ftw!)

Tip from the old pro that I am: Check your spelling/tense. The application seems inexplicably picky about the difference between extension.xml and extensions.xml.

Moving on...

I read the extension page of the ruleset mod wiki. It covered the <ruleset> min/ax version. It covered the version you give your app in the xml itself. It explained to get the base ruleset version from the base.xml's <root version="..." ... /> top node but did not explain what should go in the version for the ext itself.

The example shows <root version="2.0" , the GM Ownership shows something like 2.8 but the later xml element giving the ext's version uses a much lower number.

So what IS root supposed to represent int he extension?

dulux-oz
May 14th, 2016, 05:09
Not answering your question directly, but I use this functionality extensively in the DOEs - check out what I've done and you'll get a good idea :)

Cheers

Trenloe
May 14th, 2016, 06:46
Root is the backwards compatibility version number. If you're writing for the current version of FG, use 3.0. Info on the version numbers here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/