PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcut to enable moving image inside the window?

callahan09
May 12th, 2016, 17:15
So I'm aware that I can hold CTRL + use the mouse inside the window to make it resize the window rather than move it around. I'm also aware that you can use the middle click on the mouse (clicking in the mouse wheel) to move the image around inside the window for when it's zoomed in to the point where you can't see the entire window inside the frame. And that there is the bottom right corner crosshairs that let you do the same thing when you left click it and move the mouse around.

Now, for me personally, neither of the two options are comfortable. I usually play on a laptop with no mouse attached, so I don't have a middle mouse button. And I really REALLY dislike using the crosshairs, it feels sluggish and kind of backwards (like I should scroll up to make the image scroll down, but it's actually down = down... my brain is backwards, maybe? haha).

So what I want is another keyboard shortcut like how holding CTRL + using the mouse changes what the mouse does from moving the window to resizing it. Is there a way that we can get a keyboard shortcut key that combined with using the mouse hold in the left button will let me move the image around inside the frame? Right now, it's just very difficult for me to use maps because I don't like any of the ways available to me for moving the zoomed in image around inside the frame!

Also, I'd really like a keyboard shortcut for the "Resize -> Adjust Horizontal" option that you can only currently get to by using the right click submenus. I use this feature to rezoom the image to fit on my screen *all the time*, and all the right clicking is really slowing me down, and I'd appreciate if I could just do "CTRL + H" or something to make it happen immediately.

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2016, 03:18
You can use touch gestures to pan and zoom images as well, if your laptop supports. Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a mouse to use. It makes it so much easier.

You can post your other suggestions on the wish list in my sig.

Cheers,
JPG

callahan09
May 15th, 2016, 18:26
You can use touch gestures to pan and zoom images as well, if your laptop supports. Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a mouse to use. It makes it so much easier.

You can post your other suggestions on the wish list in my sig.

Cheers,
JPG

Thanks for the response. I will just plug in a mouse whenever I play as my laptop does not have a touchscreen. It is worth plugging in the mouse, it does make it much easier to control everything.

Trenloe
May 15th, 2016, 18:33
You don't need a touch screen to use touch gestures - if your touchpad on the lap supports them. Some info here: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/touchpad-gestures-for-windows-10

Chess
October 15th, 2016, 18:30
Is there a list of keyboard map/shortcuts somewhere? Like CTRL+LEFT CLICK on creature targets creature, SHIFT+Attack roll = opportunity attack, CTRL + use the mouse inside the window to make it resize.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2016, 18:52
There isn't a dedicated list that I know of; they are scattered through the wiki user guide.