PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Crit Role Fanatic, Looking to learn, laugh, and fall in love with the game.

Aeolus
May 12th, 2016, 00:41
FG License: Free
Game System: Anything and Everything I can learn.

Time Zone: EST (-5:00)
Day of week and time: Any day, preferably after 9PM
Planned Frequency: Preferable weekly or multiple times a week.
Term: Long term, One shots, ect, ect.

Text or Voice: You name it I've got it.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: preferable a smaller group 5 or under.
Character starting level & equipment: whatever is required, just would need help with creation.
Character restrictions: N/A

So my name is Michael, I'm 27. I have been watching Critical Role on Geek & Sundry/Twitch for the past year and have really fallen in love with D&D. I grew up playing video games, playing all the MMO's I can out there. I have fiddled around with Roll20 & Epic Table RPG quite a bit. I am really looking to get some headway in any form of role playing, from any edition & any system. Hopefully the lack of the FG license right now isn't a huge issue as I do own the players handbook, & monster manual for 3.5E, 4E, 5E, Pathfinder

damned
May 12th, 2016, 05:42
Welcome Aeolus. Mostly GMs wont come to you. You must go to them. Look for the games that GMs have advertised in this thread and express your interest. You will have more success this way.

preacherKhan
May 12th, 2016, 21:54
Thanks for the tip damned.

RespawningPleaseWait
May 14th, 2016, 00:56
Without a license, you won't be able to connect unless the DM has the Ultimate License. If they don't, you'll need to buy a standard license, or there's a subscription option that's cheap monthly.

Keep an eye on the forum for new games being posted. The DM will generally list his / her license type, as well as the game system and time (make sure to pay attention to time zones).

Sometimes, ongoing games will need new players. A group will decide it needs more people or someone will storm off because some greedy half-elf stole their flying broom.

Just keep an eye open and apply for anything that looks good.

Aeolus
May 14th, 2016, 01:00
Without a license, you won't be able to connect unless the DM has the Ultimate License. If they don't, you'll need to buy a standard license, or there's a subscription option that's cheap monthly.

Keep an eye on the forum for new games being posted. The DM will generally list his / her license type, as well as the game system and time (make sure to pay attention to time zones).

Sometimes, ongoing games will need new players. A group will decide it needs more people or someone will storm off because some greedy half-elf stole their flying broom.

Just keep an eye open and apply for anything that looks good.

I've been invited to 2 games in which they do not use FG as a VTT. I can't stand Vex...

Hennet
May 15th, 2016, 05:42
You can join my sandbox 5e campaign. We play multiple times a week and are on an EST schedule and play after 9pm every time. We are just finishing up our starting quest and you could fit in easily. Message me on here if you want more info.

Aeolus
May 22nd, 2016, 01:03
Just going to bump this up, Currently in 3 campaigns right now, looking for another at any time.