PDA

View Full Version : Module Creation

DMZeff
May 11th, 2016, 23:54
Hello,

I've created around 250 NPCs for 5e and I'd like to add them to what FG calls a "module" so that I can open it up in any campaign I make and draw from it like I do the monster manual. Is there any ways to do this without having to export my entire campaign and manually delete all of my other content from the copy? I'd prefer not to do this every time I'm creating a new campaign because in the next few months I plan on running a lot of one shots that will draw from this database and it's going to be very time consuming to repeat this if there is a more simple option.

I found a post that talked about it, but it made references to folders that don't seem to exist with the current version of FG so I'm assuming it's outdated.

Thank you,

sean

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2016, 00:03
You can export just the NPCs. Just tick the personalities checkbox only in the export menu and only NPCs will be exported and nothing else.

DMZeff
May 12th, 2016, 00:14
Wow, that was easy! Thank you.

Is there any way for me to share my custom monsters with others or is it bound to my ID?

Mortar
May 12th, 2016, 00:41
You should be able to export those by themselves as a module, then as long nothing in them is copyrighted material you can share that module with anyone. They just need to drop into their /modules folder in the FG directory.

Nylanfs
May 12th, 2016, 00:51
This video may help. (https://youtu.be/yt0KfM0nGY8)