PDA

View Full Version : LFG/LFP for *** Mouse Guard *** (2nd ed)

IrishBouzouki
May 11th, 2016, 20:21
LFG/LFP for Mouse Guard 2nd ed on Fantasy Grounds
Prefer weekly games (USA Eastern time) Wed or Fri eve or any time on weekends except Sat aft, alternatively a one-shot would whet my appetite
Looking to play, not run, my rookie DM ability is full with Northlands Saga for the time being
I don't know tons about the game but I have it and know enough to know I want to play it.
I will, however, gladly contribute massive amounts of time and programming expertise to getting a MG2 FG ruleset up and running if one does not already exist (if the game can't be played just as well using the FG CoreRPG etc).
Anyone?

Mouse Guard homepage (https://www.mouseguard.net/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Qq_Ga_5DQ

https://www.mouseguard.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/rpg-cover.jpg

Ksathra
May 12th, 2016, 05:33
Heh. Never thought I'd see Mouse guard on here. Its pretty fun and different version of gaming the way it uses group mechanics for challenges and rock paper scissors still combat for the ebb and flow of gaining advantage and stuff in combat and even other conflict situations. Also enjoyed how you can get to feel heroic but still small in the game. I'm not sure about GMing it myself, but it was a fun game for sure.

Answulf
May 18th, 2016, 06:20
Hey there Irish, I'd definitely be interested to try out a one-shot of Mouse Guard. I own the 1st edition, but have never actually played it. I am not sure what has changed in 2nd edition. I am an experienced GM and would be willing to run it if we can't find a GM with Mouse Guard experience.

Nemori
May 18th, 2016, 10:45
Hey, I'd love to try Mouse Guard. I imagine running the game must be quite hard (challenging beliefs and what not).

I was looking at the wiki and there doesn't seem to be any ruleset for Burning Wheel, don't know how flexible is CoreRPG, but maybe FATE could be modified to fit BW/MG since the dice rolls are similar.

Edit: So I looked into it a bit more and the FATE ruleset is not really useful as the Fudge dice are built into FG itself.

IrishBouzouki
May 19th, 2016, 12:12
One other person replied to a PM I sent around to all the posters from an old thread, to say they'd be interested. I think it was northlands20? And I got one other PM that I misplaced.
So we have enough if we can agree on a time for a one-shot anyway to try it out.
Someone made a start at a 1st ed ruleset a long time ago. I'm not sure that this needs to be over-automated however. I think it could be done for a one-shot with just the CoreRPG set. If we want more I can start plugging away on a ruleset for it (it would be my first but I've become vaguely familiar with how to do them). But it would be good to play with CoreRPG first to get ideas. 2nd ed fromwhat I've read is mainly an update to integrate the play aids better, and the boxset play aids from 2nd might also make good ruleset UI ideas for FG.

Nemori
May 19th, 2016, 16:08
I watched a MG game via Roll20 and it seemed quite rules heavy, +1D for this, +1s for that, so any sort of automation or at least helpful cheat-sheets or modifier list would be welcome, although of course not necessary. Implementing the automation I'm afraid would involve some heavy scripting. I got some ideas, but I'll have to dissect the existing rulesets first to see how they work. I'll try to do some more work on it tomorrow :)

I'm quite flexible time wise (except for this weekend), so yeah, let me know when you want to play, or maybe just create a calendar entry and I'll sing up.

AncientArchaic
September 20th, 2016, 08:25
I have hard copies as well as copies of the games for Of Mice Of Mystics and would be willing to help find tokens, art and other materials. The tokens and whatnot from oMom would be useful for both rule set mechanics and creature tokens although would have to draw tokens and frames for monsters from 3d minis.

Fate1ess
January 26th, 2017, 14:35
I have never heard of Mouse guard, but taking a look online, it looks amazing. I'm defiantly down for playing, although I'm not only new to the RPG, but new to FG in general (although not new to role-playing).

Vivihanna
March 3rd, 2017, 21:45
Hi all!

I'm also interested in playing Mouse Guard, so let me know if anyone has room for me. I've watched videos of people playing it and I'm reading the 2nd edition book right now. I think this will be a wonderful game. :)

Availability: Afternoons, evenings, and I can be a night owl if need be. Any day of the week is fine.
Prior Experience: All types of video games (RPGs, card games, board games, etc.), but I have never played any table top type games before. I also do collaborative writing (roleplaying) so I have experience with storytelling/collaborating.

Thanks for reading! :)