PDA

View Full Version : Savage worlds issues

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 17:42
Hello,
I just bought Savage Worlds and I am having difficulty getting it to work properly...I don't think that it is showing up in my bought games in the settings which I have updated multiple times. Here is what I have checked/done:
-I have ran FG as an administrator
-I have uninstalled FG and reinstalled it
-I have checked to verify that SW is purchased under my username (which is has)
-I have given FG servers about 5 days to update my purchase.
-I have posted pictures of my Store Purchases on this Forum
-I have posted picture of my menu sidebar of SW here as well.

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2016, 18:00
I'm wondering if you actually bought the Savage Worlds ruleset or whether you bought one of the addons which I think also requires the basic ruleset. Can you confirm you bought the Savage Words Deluxe Ruleset V4?

If you did then I would suggest an email to [email protected]

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 18:01
Yes it is the Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset V4. Verified

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2016, 18:05
Well, all other things being correct then I'd suggest contacting support. Just one other thing (and forgive me for stating the obvious here) but you have checked your library and it isn't there?

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 18:08
No it is there but I guess I forgot to post my whole problem here...lol I am also getting
Unable to create window with data source (npc : beastiary.direwolf@SW Deluxe GM Guide : npc) whenever I try to open a file. Also if you look at the menu screen picture i posted you'll notice many menu buttons are missing...

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2016, 18:18
Ah, right. Was it you who posted the same problem elsewhere today? One other thing to try then. Go into your rulesets directory within your Fantasy Grounds folder and find and delete anything there that shows Savage Worlds; that is .pak files or any folders for Savage Worlds or any .part files or anything that says Savage Worlds on it. Then run update again.

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 18:19
It looks as if when i created my games it only allows me to be a player and not a GM...

Trenloe
May 11th, 2016, 20:19
Looks like you're running a setting extension there?

Try it in a base Savage Worlds campaign, don't load any extensions. If it works fine, then let us know which specific extension caused the issue - if you were running multiple ones then you may need to do a bit of trial-and-error to identify which one was causing the issue.

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 20:24
Looks like you're running a setting extension there?

Try it in a base Savage Worlds campaign, don't load any extensions. If it works fine, then let us know which specific extension caused the issue - if you were running multiple ones then you may need to do a bit of trial-and-error to identify which one was causing the issue.

I am only running the base. No extensions just the base Savage Worlds.

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 20:37
I deleted the Savage worlds folders again this time I think i got them all and now it seems to work fine. Thanks