PDA

View Full Version : New to Savage Worlds

Whaley
May 10th, 2016, 10:33
Hello and thanks ahead of time. So I am new to SW and I am planning on using Fantasy Grounds however I noticed that there are 2 rulesets. A Savage Worlds and a Savage Worlds3. Which one is the main one used for fantasygrounds and what is the difference? Also which one allows for extensions to be used. Thanks again.

Ikael
May 10th, 2016, 12:25
Hello and thanks ahead of time. So I am new to SW and I am planning on using Fantasy Grounds however I noticed that there are 2 rulesets. A Savage Worlds and a Savage Worlds3. Which one is the main one used for fantasygrounds and what is the difference? Also which one allows for extensions to be used. Thanks again.

You should use SavageWorlds (the one without number). This one is the most updated version (version 4+) while the SavageWorlds3 ruleset is deprecated old version.

Hector Trelane
May 10th, 2016, 15:26
Also check your \Fantasy Grounds App Data\docs folder for a helpful PDF user manual document (caveat: last I reviewed it that user manual was a work-in-progress draft--worth reading but not fully complete).

Ikael can you link to your Targeting 101 PDF instructions? I've lost the link but it provides helpful instructions.

Whaley
May 11th, 2016, 03:37
When I open the GM book and try to open the bestiary I get this message: Unable to create window with data source (npc : beastiary.werewolf@SW Deluxe GM Guide : npc)

Coanunn
May 11th, 2016, 06:35
My suggestions is look up Mask_of_Winter's tutorial videos for how to use ruleset. So much changed in the past year that the ruleset feels a lot more fleshed out with automation, lots of new bells and whistles have been added. As to the error message, is that with all the extensions turned off and full write rights to the install directory? I've not seen that exact error message but it seems like it's either referencing a bad module (could be caused by data corruption, an extension, etc) or due to the inability for FG to save data due to access rights.

Whaley
May 12th, 2016, 08:50
Working now. Had to delete the files a second time and try again. Must have missed some the first time through...Alls good now though.