PDA

View Full Version : Next Module Conversion

Coanunn
May 10th, 2016, 06:30
So, I know that Doswelk, Mortar and Mask_of_Winter are active converters of settings and other Savage Worlds products. Wondering what is currently being worked on by whom as I look at my catalog of PDFs to start the preliminary editing of a source document for the project I will do after Pirates is 100% complete and submitted to Smiteworks? While I certainly want to work on a setting or product that is in demand by the community I don't want to step on something someone is already working hard to complete or has already submitted for QA.

Apart from Rifts which I think everyone is waiting for the Kickstarter to finish so we can see how complex that will be to convert, is there anything people particularly want converted? A setting, adventure, plot point campaign? I'm rather open to what I work on as I have a general love of Savage Worlds.

Mask_of_winter
May 10th, 2016, 13:59
I know Doug would like to see The Last Parsec converted. Ikael already has part of one of the PPC done, I started on the Core book. Adventure modules would be nice.
Our dev team will work on War of the Dead Chapter 2 this summer.
Mortar submitted WW Rome to QA, Kevin D submitted Rippers Resurrected as well.
Mortar is working on Winter Eternal and then he'll do Accursed or Beasts & Barbarians.
Kevin D said he'll start working on Rifts as soon as he gets the pdf but Shotgun Jolly wants to do it too.
That's what I hear anyway.
Personally, I'd love to see the Codex Infernus.

jshauber
May 10th, 2016, 14:15
Instead of Last Parsec, I would rather see the new High Space converted!!!

I backed the KS for it and have been keeping up with the design posts and it is WAY better than Last Parsec in my not so humble opinion. They have put way more time into making spaceships really usable and interesting as opposed to just another means of transport. I would use some Last Parsec adventures with High Space setting rules since Last Parsec does have some interesting stuff to explore.

Doswelk
May 10th, 2016, 15:06
Kevin D said he'll start working on Rifts as soon as he gets the pdf but Shotgun Jolly wants to do it too.

Ah I did not notice someone got there first! I'll back down then and buy Rifts when it's done :)

Was thinking about doing the Savage Tales of Horror, could be interesting as different adventures would use different rulesets, not sure how that would work out.

lamegal
May 10th, 2016, 15:16
I would like to see The last sons and the Stone and a Hard Place, for Deadlands.

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2016, 15:35
Yes War of the Dead Chapter two please and get a move on :)

ShotGun Jolly
May 10th, 2016, 15:47
Heck yeah, Ill be all over the Rifts module if given the opportunity. :)

Tatertron
May 10th, 2016, 16:01
I would really love to see Broken Earth. Takes all the best parts of every post-apocalyptic setting and blends them.

But more than that, the plot point campaigns (there are a couple) and the numerous location based adventures make this one of the most versatile, but also structured, settings i have ever seen. And the community building rules are great also.

I always shied away from it because my group could only meet a few times a year, and the idea of waiting 90 days just to build a defense tower and gather some supplies for the winter didn't quite do it for us. But now that we are able to play bi-weekly (sometimes more!) thanks to Fantasy Grounds, a long running campaign like this is possible and would be a dream come true

TriOpticon
May 10th, 2016, 16:04
I'd add a vote for Last Parsec.

Coanunn
May 14th, 2016, 23:58
Ok, based on feedback both here and in person I've narrowed it down to 2 options: Streets of Bedlam or Weird Wars 1. I own both, both are relatively new and are lacking any support on FG. I know that Weird Wars 1 would fall under licensing that Smiteworks already has but I'm not sure about Streets of Bedlam. Either way, both are only going to be fully started once I do a couple adventures for Pirates to flesh out the support for that after it hopefully gets approved. I may do some Deadlands Adventures, but the store is pretty full of Deadlands content so time will tell if I make that a priority.

jshauber
May 16th, 2016, 14:19
Ok, based on feedback both here and in person I've narrowed it down to 2 options: Streets of Bedlam or Weird Wars 1. I own both, both are relatively new and are lacking any support on FG. I know that Weird Wars 1 would fall under licensing that Smiteworks already has but I'm not sure about Streets of Bedlam. Either way, both are only going to be fully started once I do a couple adventures for Pirates to flesh out the support for that after it hopefully gets approved. I may do some Deadlands Adventures, but the store is pretty full of Deadlands content so time will tell if I make that a priority.

Add another vote for WWI, I have all the stuff from the KS and was thinking of doing it myself, but if you take it on then I can do something else, like High Space.

lamegal
May 16th, 2016, 14:28
Maybe something for Interface Zero 2.0.

Coanunn
May 16th, 2016, 14:46

I personally don't care for IZ, so I didn't buy it. Right now I'm concentrating on converting material of which I own a copy.

Add another vote for WWI, I have all the stuff from the KS and was thinking of doing it myself, but if you take it on then I can do something else, like High Space.

I was considering it because I have all the pdfs from the KS and with it being the 40th anniversary of Verdunn during the KS it seemed like good timing to throw some weight behind it and get it running on FG. I have the PG converted to word already to start getting it entered but right now I'm working with an artist for the last bits to get a theme for pirates which will come with the Setting completed. Pirates is up for QA but this being my first project I am sure Smiteworks will have some pointers for me which I will have to resolve before I start working on WW1. Once the theme is 100% I'll be doing the published adventures for Pirates, but that should take me less than a week for all of them. While they are in QA I can get WW1 started.

jshauber
May 16th, 2016, 15:02

Interface Zero 2.0 is in the store already, not sure what else is out there for it.

I was considering it because I have all the pdfs from the KS and with it being the 40th anniversary of Verdunn during the KS it seemed like good timing to throw some weight behind it and get it running on FG. I have the PG converted to word already to start getting it entered but right now I'm working with an artist for the last bits to get a theme for pirates which will come with the Setting completed. Pirates is up for QA but this being my first project I am sure Smiteworks will have some pointers for me which I will have to resolve before I start working on WW1. Once the theme is 100% I'll be doing the published adventures for Pirates, but that should take me less than a week for all of them. While they are in QA I can get WW1 started.

I'm sure you meant 100th anniversary for Verdun, otherwise I would have almost been enlisted to fight there!!! LOL

I'd be happy to help if you need anything.

Coanunn
May 16th, 2016, 15:03
Lol.. yep, case of the internet dumb took hold. Doing too many things at once!