PDA

View Full Version : iOS apps for drawing?

Varsuuk
May 10th, 2016, 02:58
I have a 9.7 iPad Pro where I bought a pencil 'cos I'm stupid like that (gave wife my old Air 1gen so wanted something diff on the new one other than just the bigger HD (I'd only used 100 of the 128 on old one) and speed (old one was fast enough...)

I thought I might use it since I have no art skilz to make the old timey graph paper maps I used to make in early 80s. But haven't seen an app yet that has graph paper. The Adobe sketch had it but was only for visual cues, it doesn't include the graph in final product.

Any ideas if there is a free or even premium for cash app that might work for mapping if I want graph boxes with it too?

Hendell
May 10th, 2016, 04:06
I would just make the map and just include one square in the corner set to the size you want the grid to be as a guide.
Then set the grid in FG itself and you won't have to worry about grids being off.

If not you can go to this site for procreate and download a grid template and import it as an image. https://procreate.si/forums/index.php?topic=910.msg7095;topicseen#msg7095

Also you may want to look at campaign cartographer.14027

Varsuuk
May 10th, 2016, 07:10
I'm sure I will eventually go o CC... But I'm just looking for something to do quick and dirty like those in the Adventurer's Guld modules, not ones close to what the FG crew put out ;)

I wanted the grid because I may use to pen and paper games as well. Being able t ore move the grid because it's a separate layer would rock because then could use same map for paper and for digital with single sizer square.

Hendell
May 10th, 2016, 13:05
Check out procreate for your iPad pro. I think it would do exactly what you are wanting.