PDA

View Full Version : DOE: Sound Extension

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 15:11
Thanks for being so quick on the response to my questions.

Gwydion
January 13th, 2018, 20:45
Having a little issue here. I followed Rob2e tutorial and have syrinscape running though discord and can click on a spell/etc in Syrinscape and it works fine. I open FG and created a sound but I keep getting windows asking for an app to run.
Very confusing.

Hmm... I don't know that this will work for pathfinder.....

Gwydion
January 13th, 2018, 21:01
I got it working. Reinstalled Syrinscape as admin and for some reason it started to work. So hate windows...

Ok.. Cool. And I agree with you! Whenever windows updates I cringe....

Frank_Jager
January 15th, 2018, 01:32
Okay so...

Made a chain sound trigger, set to loop on itself. I.E. a circular chain.
THEN realized that it is a TERRIBLE idea to do so. Really not recommended.

Is there a fix for human stupidity that anyone is aware of?

Also is there a way to fix this issue?

EDIT: I have fixed the sound issue. Task manager kill all instances of Fantasy Grounds and then all instances of Syrinscape. Open Fantasy Grounds and Remove ALL traces of your mistake with a flamethrower.

Read the documentation.

If anyone has the cure for human stupidity im still interested.

dulux-oz
January 15th, 2018, 01:47
Okay so...

Only by breaking the chain ie deleting one of the SoundEntries BEFORE it gets triggered.

Otherwise, shutdown (terminate, kill -9) FG and then do the above, or failing that you'll need to open up the campaign database and manually remove the SoundEntry XML data.

Oh, and perhaps slap yourself up the side the of the head :p

rob2e
January 15th, 2018, 02:21
Okay so...

EDIT: I have fixed the sound issue. Task manager kill all instances of Fantasy Grounds and then all instances of Syrinscape. Open Fantasy Grounds and Remove ALL traces of your mistake with a flamethrower.

Read the documentation.

If anyone has the cure for human stupidity im still interested.

Frank, if you find the fix for the human thing, lemme know, I NEED it!

Grimlore
January 15th, 2018, 23:44
I plan to start using this, but have a question before I dump some time in it.

I'd like to make a custom URL sound library using DOE and a mimic program (found on the FG forums) to play the links in discord. This part I know how to do, however, I want to be able to have these available for all my campaigns (IE a module). With just a quick look, it seems possible to extract as a module, however only three options exist: Sound - AutoChat, Sound - Autosound, & Sound - Miniboard. If I click all these for my export, will this also export the Sounds & Setup tabs when I activate the exported module in another campaign?

If so, then I can just keep editing and exporting the module setup and using it in any campaign I run (I run quite a few 1shots).

Netjera
January 22nd, 2018, 07:38
I plan to start using this, but have a question before I dump some time in it.

I'd like to make a custom URL sound library using DOE and a mimic program (found on the FG forums) to play the links in discord. This part I know how to do, however, I want to be able to have these available for all my campaigns (IE a module). With just a quick look, it seems possible to extract as a module, however only three options exist: Sound - AutoChat, Sound - Autosound, & Sound - Miniboard. If I click all these for my export, will this also export the Sounds & Setup tabs when I activate the exported module in another campaign?

If so, then I can just keep editing and exporting the module setup and using it in any campaign I run (I run quite a few 1shots).

I'm not certain this can be done. In order for you to be able to retain files from one module to another, sound files would have to be saved into the campaign itself. Currently, when you set up links in a campaign, it allows outside sound files to be opened. When you save the module, it will retain the link markers but you'll have to relink it whenever the module is reloaded, because those sounds won't exist in the new version of the campaign, and the module won't retain the location information that tells it where the sounds come from. At least, that's been my experience when trying this. It's been a while since I did it, though, and perhaps something was updated in FG or the extension.

Bidmaron
January 22nd, 2018, 11:58
Dulux needs to weigh in.

dulux-oz
January 22nd, 2018, 13:33
... three options exist: Sound - AutoChat, Sound - Autosound, & Sound - Miniboard. If I click all these for my export, will this also export the Sounds & Setup tabs when I activate the exported module in another campaign?

No, but you won't need them - use the Sounlinks on the MiniBoards: that's one reason the MiniBoards were created.

The DOM SoundLink Module (mentioned (previously) a few posts ago and available from the DM's Guide) is basically exactly how/what you want to set up. It consists of a bunch (over 4000) of MiniBoards each with a Soundlink to one of the existing Syrinscape 1-Shots Sounds and/or Moods. The Fantasy Grounds Sounds Module by Rob2e (also available from the DM's Guide after Rob arranged for an appropriate license) is basically the same - although he used a smaller set of 5E-specific SoundLinks attached to ChatSounds instead of MiniBoards.

anj
January 26th, 2018, 06:17
I've tried so many searches and different attempts at getting separate chat sounds for a specific weapon hit, miss and critical. No matter what i do, i can't seem to get it to work.

Am i wrong to assume that it's currently not possible with this extension in PFRPG?

dulux-oz
January 26th, 2018, 09:28
Yes, you are (probably) wrong :)

Why don't you post a description of what you are trying to acheive and a screenshot of what you have tried to do - then the Community can have a look and see how we can help - OK?

Oh, and Welcome! to the Community :)

anj
January 26th, 2018, 10:25
Yes, you are (probably) wrong :)

Why don't you post a description of what you are trying to acheive and a screenshot of what you have tried to do - then the Community can have a look and see how we can help - OK?

Oh, and Welcome! to the Community :)

Thank Dulux-Oz!

Wow! That was quick! Happy Australia/Invasion day!

I've had a crack at the triggers for the results of each weapon hit, but can't seem to get it to work properly as FG puts the weapon type on one line and the result on the next. At least, that's what i think is happening at the moment.

Anyways, here's a snapshot of what i'm trying to do. Thanks so much for your help and all your hard work so far!

(Edit: I just noticed I've put Crit and Miss the wrong way around. That's what i get for rushing through putting an example together after this many beers.)

dulux-oz
January 26th, 2018, 11:05
A ChatSound only works over a single line of text in the FG Chat Window - this is simply the way it works and is fundamental to the DOE: Sound (ie is the same in all Rulesets). As there is no single line in the Chat window that has "ATTACK", "Longsword" and "Critical" in it (or "Hit" and/or "Miss", respectively) - in that order - the ChatSound is not being triggered.

Somewhere in this thread this has come up before, and I can't remember the solution - or even if there was a solution. All I can suggest at this stage is have a look at the previous posts in the thread and see if you can find them, and/or wait to see if someone else can chime in with how they solved the issue.

damned
January 26th, 2018, 12:37
I think you have to break it into three sounds:

ATTACK
LONGSWORD
= Swooosh sound

CRITICAL HIT
= Yeeeeaaaargghh

[HIT]
= Squelch

And no sound for miss or a mumbled curse...

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2018, 13:14
Your sounds need to feed off each line in the chat window; and as Dulux says since the attack string and the result (hit/miss/crit) strings are separate lines then you can't have both things in the same chat sound.

So your first sound is the actual attack and you need to have things exactly as they appear in the chat and in the same order. So for the attack you need ATTACK (M) in the first line. In the second line (or it could be the third line with nothing in the second) you'll need 'Longsword'. You can then match that to whatever sound you want.

If you want a different sound for a critical hit then you'll need another sound string with the first line being Attack and the third line being CRITICAL HIT (you don't need anything in the second line).

Now I'm doing this from memory so I may well be wrong so you might need to experiment a little.

anj
January 26th, 2018, 21:08
Thanks guys. I figured that's what was causing the issue, but thought it might be worth a shot asking the community.
I've set it up to just make the 'HIT' noise when the damage is rolled.

During my travels, i found one user who had modified part of the code to get the weapon name in the same line as the result, but was not allowed to share the code due to some legal issues.

Andraax
January 26th, 2018, 22:24
During my travels, i found one user who had modified part of the code to get the weapon name in the same line as the result, but was not allowed to share the code due to some legal issues.

We share code all the time. Sounds like something that would be pretty easy to implement as an extension.

Ratupper
February 5th, 2018, 16:07
I noticed a chat sound issue.
I was working with this last night as a GM in 5E and I encountered and issue. I created a sound trigger [DAMAGE] Scorching ray. This is for a PC in my game that likes this spell a lot.
I opened her character from the combat tracker (as GM) and rolled the damage and no sound.
However when I log in as a local host and use the character it works.

Any idea why it would work that way?

Andraax
February 5th, 2018, 16:11
You have GM rolls hidden. Chat sounds only work for stuff that is displayed to the players.

Ratupper
February 5th, 2018, 16:20
Doh that makes sense...thanks for the info. So my NPC's won't trigger the sounds?

Andraax
February 5th, 2018, 16:52
Nope.

Aster
February 6th, 2018, 01:35
I am trying to connect the sound from Syrinscape using Dischord. I installed to 2 required extensions to Fantasy grounds and can get the sounds to work on my end in fantasy grounds but I am having trouble playing through Dischord. I downloaded Voice Meter and the virtual cable software. Followed the directions and still no go. I know this has probably been discussed over and over in the 103 pages of this thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of a trouble shooting guide or something. Much appreciated.

Gwydion
February 6th, 2018, 14:59
I am trying to connect the sound from Syrinscape using Dischord. I installed to 2 required extensions to Fantasy grounds and can get the sounds to work on my end in fantasy grounds but I am having trouble playing through Dischord. I downloaded Voice Meter and the virtual cable software. Followed the directions and still no go. I know this has probably been discussed over and over in the 103 pages of this thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of a trouble shooting guide or something. Much appreciated.

Hey, Aster. If you haven't already, watch Rob2e's videos on youtube. They walk through the setup so you can check and see if perhaps you missed a step. Here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3TRoS3gpM&list=PLchhxIEqPEd-QGT3HNgGUHAQjgqcNJh1p&index=5

Let us know if you still have issues after watching these to see if your setup is correct. Good luck!

Alvi_Leiz
February 6th, 2018, 19:04
Is possible add a future sound trigger on custom dice result? Like 1 for fumbles and 20 crits.

I would like hear a fart when anyone of my players has a fumble dice result

Thank you for your work

Andraax
February 6th, 2018, 21:01
Have the sound trigger on the word "Fumble".

Alvi_Leiz
February 6th, 2018, 21:31
Have the sound trigger on the word "Fumble".

Many rulesets hasnt coded the words fumbles o critical on dice result, that is my case.

Andraax
February 6th, 2018, 21:40
If you want a ruleset specific answer, you should mention the ruleset you're using.

Myrdin Potter
February 7th, 2018, 06:03
I had to reset Windows 10 to overcome an issue with an update. Syrinscape still worked, so I did not reinstall it. I got FG working but chat sounds are making an app request pop up looking for Syrinscape even while it is running. Do I need to reinstall to get the references in Windows 10 reinstated?

dulux-oz
February 7th, 2018, 06:28
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v4.1.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.4 and also included all the appropriate graphics for all of the supported Rulesets and the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes (except for a single DOE: Organisations graphic for the CnC Ruleset - if someone can help with that it'd be appreciated).

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the new DORCore Ruleset (currently v0.9.1), support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets time to transition their Ruleset from being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

Please see the DORCore Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset) for further details.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

damned
February 7th, 2018, 07:50
I had to reset Windows 10 to overcome an issue with an update. Syrinscape still worked, so I did not reinstall it. I got FG working but chat sounds are making an app request pop up looking for Syrinscape even while it is running. Do I need to reinstall to get the references in Windows 10 reinstated?

Reinstall Syrinscape. The App is working but some of the links to it are not.

Bidmaron
February 7th, 2018, 12:25
Dulux, thanks for all your hard work building and maintaining these things.

Myrdin Potter
February 14th, 2018, 15:21
Just to follow-up, I reinstalled Syrinscape and all is golden.

dulux-oz
February 15th, 2018, 01:34
Just to follow-up, I reinstalled Syrinscape and all is golden.

Excellent! Great to hear things are all good.

And thanks for letting everyone know.

Cheers

feesees
February 15th, 2018, 23:36
Hi all. New here. Tried searching for this but came up with nothing. Is there a way to add a sound to 1) distributing XP and 2) distributing gold? Under auto-sounds I see transfercurrency but this doesn't trigger a sound when I distribute currency from the party sheet. Thanks.

dulux-oz
February 16th, 2018, 00:45
Hi all. New here. Tried searching for this but came up with nothing. Is there a way to add a sound to 1) distributing XP and 2) distributing gold? Under auto-sounds I see transfercurrency but this doesn't trigger a sound when I distribute currency from the party sheet. Thanks.

Hi feesees, and Welcome! to the Community,

Your best bet is to look for a display in the Chat Window when you perform each of these actions and then create a ChatSound (or ChatSound-with-ChainSound(s)) to be triggered by when the relevant text is displayed. (AutoSounds are more for Ruleset/Extension Devs) to put in sounds "behind the scenes".)

Have a go and let all of us know how things go.

Cheers

Vass_Dts
February 19th, 2018, 19:51
Howdy, first off, congratulations to the awesome work on these extentions Doluz. Awesome work.

Having said that, I do have a problem getting the sound extention to work.

So, I have Syrinscape. Base Extention is installed. So is Sound Extention. Syrinscape generates the Sound String, I copy/paste it the Sound Setup=> New Sound window, it creates the purple button.

BUT, when I click it, I hear nothing. Syrinscape is running, and if I use it, all works ok.

Now, my suspicion is that the problem is that I'm on a mac. FG runs on Wineskin. Syrinscape is Native.

(For the record, I output my mic and Syrinscape on Discord through an app called Loopback, Syrinscape works normally and my players can hear it as I stream it along with my voice on Discord).

But for some reason, FG just can't "command" Syrinscape to playback. I get no error messages, the sound just doesn't play (which to my understanding is the expected behaviour as the extention does nothing if it can't find the appropriate sound).

Help a guy out? Thanks.

EDIT: The OLE extension works normally, if that information helps.
Now, it has come to my attention that there is a certain level of ambiguity regarding whether or not Syrinscape actually supports 3PI on MacOS. An old YouTube video of theirs (that was two years ago) said it was only for Windows ATM. Browsing back in this very thread I saw similar references. So, I'm unsure if the current (latest) version of Syrinscape actually suports this on a mac. And if Syrinscape does not--as of yet--actually support 3PI on the mac, why have the interface for it? This is class-A Idiotic! I mean, why on Sigil would one have the Interface for 3PI enabled on the mac app, if there is no functionality behind it??? That's VERY frustrating. "Oh, look at this shiny tool. Do you like it? Great, but it's just for show, you cannot use it." Grrr...

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2018, 19:58
I'm no authority, but the first thing to check, did you turn on Sounds in the GM options?

Vass_Dts
February 19th, 2018, 20:04
I'm no authority, but the first thing to check, did you turn on Sounds in the GM options?

Yes I did. It was off at first, and when I first saw it I thought that was the problem.... But no dice. :/

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 01:35
No, unfortunately, as far as I am aware, Syrinscape's 3PI on a Mac is still no functioning. :(

Not that I'm a fanboi, but if you think FG's team was small you ain't seen nothing with Syrinscapes :) I do know that this is being worked on over there at Syrinscape, but I'm not part of the Dev team so I only have what info they give all of us. You could post a question on the Syrinscape Boards - the guys are pretty good in getting back to people quickly.

So, I'm sorry, but any solution is out of my hands :(

Vass_Dts
February 20th, 2018, 03:35
Yeah, I did some further digging of my own and came to the same conclusion. Even spotted you on the Syrinscape forums, but I shall ignore your snide remark about macs being 'glorified calculators' 'cause it was tongue-in-cheek and I can take a joke. Also because you did an awesome job, regardless. :P

My main beef with this whole situation is with Syrinscape's UI having all the buttons for 3PI even though it doesn't work, as I think I mentioned earlier.

I'll keep using Syrinscape, no biggie. Hopefully the finished version of Master/Minion will have universal 3PI as they say.

Thanks for your input, anyway. Have a good one.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Of course, running FG and Syrinscape on a Windows virtual machine would fix all this, but I can't be arsed to do it anytime soon. :P But if I do, I'll howl here about the results.

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 04:23
... but I shall ignore your snide remark about macs being 'glorified calculators' 'cause it was tongue-in-cheek and I can take a joke. Also because you did an awesome job, regardless. :P

Yeah, maybe that was a little out of line - how about "glorified electronic abacus"? Is that any better?

<puts on asbestos suit, grabs can of fire retardant, and hunkers down in flame-proof bunker />

Still, I suppose they are better than (Google) Chrome boxes.

[Now I'm REALLY in trouble]

:p

Ratupper
February 22nd, 2018, 00:14
Anyone know what sound set this is from I can't find it in Syrnscape Fantasy or Sci Fi

Andraax
February 22nd, 2018, 00:48
https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/spider.JPG

Ratupper
February 22nd, 2018, 04:59
Strange I can’t find it ok thanks I’ll email syrnscape

Allmight
February 23rd, 2018, 12:42
Will there ever be support for Starfinder? Currently the extension does'nt show for Starfinder Campaigns. There is support for Pathfinder, so hopefully it's not that hard to add.

dulux-oz
February 23rd, 2018, 13:04
Will there ever be support for Starfinder? Currently the extension does'nt show for Starfinder Campaigns. There is support for Pathfinder, so hopefully it's not that hard to add.

As I said here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension&p=377670&viewfull=1#post377670) in the DOE: Base Thread:

Yeap, now that I've gotten hold of a copy of StarFinder (thanks SmiteWorks) it's on the cards - ETA Soon(TM)

I would also remind everyone that they are getting these Extension for free because I like to devote some of my free time to my hobby - I understand people like what I do and are keen to be able to use them with as many Rulesets as possible, so I continue to endevour to make that possible - but it'll happen on my timeline :)

I'll also point out that the DOEs were the first Extensions (as far as I am aware - or at least some of the first - and only) that were "multi-Ruleset" - something that takes time to implement and maintain. :)

Now I'm sure that no offense was meant, and none was taken (nor implied) - I'm just taking this opportunity to remind everyone of a few facts about our favorite VTT and some of its "plug-ins". :)

Cheers

Allmight
February 23rd, 2018, 13:12
Sorry, i did not mean any offence. English is not my native language, so sorry if it sounded wrong. I meant it just as a plain question if it was something that was planned or not. My apologies.

I know it is time consuming and more a personal Project than anything else, and you support to the best of your abilities. So no hurry here. Take the time you need.

Btw, thanks for an awesome app. Have been using it for DnD, and love it. :)

dulux-oz
February 23rd, 2018, 13:20
Sorry, i did not mean any offence. English is not my native language, so sorry if it sounded wrong. I meant it just as a plain question if it was something that was planned or not. My apologies.

I know it is time consuming and more a personal Project than anything else, and you support to the best of your abilities. So no hurry here. Take the time you need.

Btw, thanks for an awesome app. Have been using it for DnD, and love it. :)

It's cool - no offense taken, so no need to apologise :)

Glad you find it all so useful. :)

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2018, 18:52
I'll also point out that the DOEs were the first Extensions (as far as I am aware - or at least some of the first - and only) that were "multi-Ruleset" - something that takes time to implement and maintain. :)
Let's leave it at "some of the first" (kinda). ;)

4nzkiwi
February 28th, 2018, 04:09
So I have an issue where I downloaded the lastest version that says is compatible with FG 3.3.4, but when I'm in the launcher it says that it has the little red "X" no matter which ruleset I go to. I do have the base extension downloaded as well, so I'm unsure what the cause would be. I'm attempting to use this in the 5e ruleset.
Thanks for your time :3 don't mean to be rude or anything, promise.

damned
February 28th, 2018, 04:20
Make sure all DOEs are up to date.
Make sure you dont have any unpacked DOEs in the /extensions folder

dulux-oz
February 28th, 2018, 04:27
Yeah, what damned said.

The little red X means that (probably, almost certainly) you version of the DOE: Base is not the latest, or failing that, your version of the DOE: Sound is not the latest (as in: is incompatible with the latest version of FG). :)

4nzkiwi
February 28th, 2018, 06:24
The ones that I downloaded were from the first post in the respective threads. Is there a different direct link to download them from?
Sorry to be any trouble

damned
February 28th, 2018, 06:34
Delete them all and download again - but also check you havent got any folders in the extensions folder that have DOE in the name.
Also does your CoreRPG and 5e both report 3.3.4 in the Chat window?

4nzkiwi
February 28th, 2018, 20:01
They do both say 3.3.4, yes. The base extension seems to work, just not the sound one.

Azaran
March 1st, 2018, 20:10
remember to enable sounds in your fantasy grounds options :)

dulux-oz
March 3rd, 2018, 06:00
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (March 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

You can find the DOM SoundLink Library here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/235770/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--March-2018).

Cheers

greybeardgunner70
March 27th, 2018, 05:28
I am having trouble getting chained sounds to work. Want to have a triggered sound of drawing bow followed by bowshot. But both sounds keep playing simultaneously, rather than sequentially.
Following these steps:
1. Enter trigger
2. Paste string for Bow Draw from SS
3. Click green plus
4. enter name of chatsound
5. drag over purple sound link for Bow Fire
6. Put in delay

I have also done this sequence, saving step 3 for last, with no change.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

dulux-oz
March 27th, 2018, 06:20
Some general points on Chain Sounds:

Only the first Sound in the Chain should be a ChatSound; the second (& subsequent) Sound should be "vanilla" Sound Records.
The Delay setting on any type of Sound Record is the delay before THAT Sound plays - there is no relationship between the Delay on a Sound Record and when the FOLLOWING Sound plays. In other words, each Sound Record is self-contained.

So, if you have both sounds playing simultaneously then either:

You are using Chat Sounds for both the 1st & 2nd Sounds in the Chain - and so both sounds are triggering at the same time, OR
You do not have an appropriate Delay on the 2nd Sound in the Chain. Remember, as it says in the manual, you don't need a Delay on the first Sound in a Chain (except under some very special circumstances).

Hope that helps. Let us know how you go.

Cheers

greybeardgunner70
March 27th, 2018, 06:47
OK, thats where you're losing me. How do I specify the delay is for the second sound?

dulux-oz
March 27th, 2018, 07:18
OK, thats where you're losing me. How do I specify the delay is for the second sound?

Put the Delay value in the 2nd Sound's Sound Record.

If the 2nd Sound (from your attached image) is coming from a pre-built library, then you will have to use the information contained with the Record and construct a new Sound Record with the appropriate Sound and desired Delay.

greybeardgunner70
March 27th, 2018, 12:32
Success!! ok, got it. I was thinking all the "programming" occurred in the same window. Thanks for your help.

Keep up the great work!

dulux-oz
March 27th, 2018, 12:41
Success!! ok, got it. I was thinking all the "programming" occurred in the same window. Thanks for your help.

Keep up the great work!

:)

Excellent! Glad we got it sorted.

greybeardgunner70
March 28th, 2018, 00:54
OK, one more...

I want to create a STATUS: Dying sound chain (scream, followed by victory music). But it keeps getting overridden by the EFFECT: Unconscious trigger of someone passing out. And I cant find that in the listed sounds anywhere (so I can disable it). Any idea how I can turn the Unconscious sound off or work around it?

dulux-oz
March 28th, 2018, 02:59
OK, one more...

I want to create a STATUS: Dying sound chain (scream, followed by victory music). But it keeps getting overridden by the EFFECT: Unconscious trigger of someone passing out. And I cant find that in the listed sounds anywhere (so I can disable it). Any idea how I can turn the Unconscious sound off or work around it?

OK, so there are no "default" sounds in the DOE: Sound - all sounds that you hear are ones that someone has created (either you or someone else in a Library) and which are currently loaded. So if you didn't create the "problem" sound record then I'd check any librabry you've got open - if its Rob2e's library then I'd look at an Autosound or one of the ChatSounds being the culprit.

Lord Kavos
April 4th, 2018, 02:29
Hi Dulux Oz, love this extension, keep thinking of more sound triggers to set up...

I have a question regarding the magic characters, trying (failing) to understand them. I have been setting up weapon attack & damage sounds, but as players tend to put in prefixes for their weapons (eg. +1 keen scimitar) what character do I use for the prefix so I can have the scimitar sound trigger for any scimitar attack/damage chat?

Cheers

Erin Righ
April 4th, 2018, 03:59
Tell them to write it, "Scimitar, +1 Keen"

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 16:55
Hi,

I am having some problems trying to get the extension to work, Fantasy Grounds won't trigger the sound playback on Syrinscape. There are no red X's or anything, the base and sound extensions are loaded.
I checked that the "sound" configuration is on but when I click the sound link nothing happens, no errors or anything, with or without Syrinscape running.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Vass_Dts
April 8th, 2018, 16:57
Are you running MacOS?

DoubleDanGaming
Hi,

I am having some problems trying to get the extension to work, Fantasy Grounds won't trigger the sound playback on Syrinscape. There are no red X's or anything, the base and sound extensions are loaded.
I checked that the "sound" configuration is on but when I click the sound link nothing happens, no errors or anything, with or without Syrinscape running.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you're using it on a Mac, give up. The sound extension doesn't seem to work properly on any flavor of macOS or OS X. You'll need to try it under bootcamp or a VM.

Zen Master
No I'm running Windows 10.

JohnQPublic
April 8th, 2018, 17:02
Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The sounds have to be triggered from a player. Are you running two instances of FG? One as DM and one as client? If so, then triggers generated from the client should work.

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 17:07
I'm trying to play ambient sounds from the mini board for now, without chat triggers.

Andraax
April 8th, 2018, 17:09
I generate sounds as GM all the time. Soundlinks work fine for me.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:24
Have you turned Sounds "On" in the FG Options?

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 17:26
Yes, that was one of the first things that I checked. The strange thing is that I'm not getting any errors, just nothing happens.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:28
Where is the Sound String in the Soundlink Record coming from? Are you using a self-created Soundlink Record or one from a Library/Extension?

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 17:29
I tried with both, creating my own from Syrinscape third party app integration, and also with another one from the DOM Soundlink Library.
Neither work, same thing happens with both.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:35
OK, try these (in this order):

Choose an existing sound from Syrinscape and confirm that it plays by clicking on its button in Sysrinscape.
Create a new Soundlink Record using the 3rd Party Integration for the sound in step 1. Don't forget to click on the green "+" button so that the purple Soundlink icon is created/appears.
Re-confirm that Sounds are turned "On" in the FG Options.
Test the new Soundlink.
If its still not working, post a screen shot of the Soundlink record.

Let us know how you go :)

Trenloe
April 8th, 2018, 17:39
Try reinstalling Syrinscape - maybe the associations in the Windows registry didn't get created correctly the first time.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:40
... The sound extension doesn't seem to work properly on any flavor of macOS or OS X.

For the record, its not the DOE: Sound Extension that doesn't work on mac, it's Syrinscape's 3PI (3rd Party Integration) that doesn't work on mac.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:40
Try reinstalling Syrinscape - maybe the associations in the Windows registry didn't get created correctly the first time.

Yeah, that was the next step :)

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 17:45
1. I choose an existing sound from Syrinscape and confirmed that it plays by clicking on its button in Syrinscape.

https://snag.gy/WYONB8.jpg

2. Created a new Soundlink Record using the 3rd Party Integration for the sound in step 1. Clicked on the green "+" button so that the purple Soundlink icon was created/appears.
3. Re-confirmed that Sounds are turned "On" in the FG Options.

https://snag.gy/d9LFa4.jpg

4. Tested the new Soundlink. Still not working.
5. Reinstalled Syrinscape. Still not working.

When I click the soundlink with or without Syrinscape running it does not start it or shows any error.

Trenloe
April 8th, 2018, 17:51
Open Internet Explorer and paste the copied Syrinscape third-party link into the URL bar and press enter. This is a good test - as it is essentially what FG is doing, but outside of FG.

If you get a dialog box asking you to confirm the link, make sure you uncheck the "always ask" checkbox.

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 17:56
That's really weird!

So you heard the sound playing in step 1, and the Soundlink record appears to be correct (although it could use a name :) ), and everything else looks OK - so I'll be buggered if I know why its not working.

I can make out from your first screenshot: which Soundset is that and which mood - I'm going to see if I can re-create things.

Zen Master
April 8th, 2018, 18:14
After the tip from Trenloe I went to the Windows registry to check and I found what the problem was.
It is a bug with the Syrinscape installer, when you have accents in your Windows user name, the registry records do not make the right association with where the program is installed on the disk.
So after changing the registry manually and correcting the file path it is now working :)

Thanks everyone for the help!

dulux-oz
April 8th, 2018, 18:16
After the tip from Trenloe I went to the Windows registry to check and I found what the problem was.
It is a bug with the Syrinscape installer, when you have accents in your Windows user name, the registry records do not make the right association with where the program is installed on the disk.
So after changing the registry manually and correcting the file path it is now working :)

Thanks everyone for the help!

Excellent! I'm glad we got it sorted, and I'm glad you let us (& therefore future users) know. :)

Cheers

Azyurel
April 12th, 2018, 02:00
I'm trying to track down the Discord work around. I saw it once upon a time, but lost track. any idea where it is?

Gwydion
April 12th, 2018, 03:48
I'm trying to track down the Discord work around. I saw it once upon a time, but lost track. any idea where it is?

Discord workaround? What is it you are looking for?

xazil
April 17th, 2018, 02:33
Just as an FYI I am using DOE with Starfinder and have currently found no issues with triggered sounds etc.

Talen
April 17th, 2018, 02:41
Excellent, Id been holding off for fear that I would have to redo my triggers. Thanks for the heads up and thank you Dulux-Oz!

Stormhound
April 17th, 2018, 02:42
If this ever gets set up so that it'll work with Syrinscape's new Master/minion setup, I'll probably be a goner.

dulux-oz
April 17th, 2018, 03:33
If this ever gets set up so that it'll work with Syrinscape's new Master/minion setup, I'll probably be a goner.

What d you mean? :confused:

Do you mean you are looking forward to using the new Master/Minion with the DOE: Sound, or instead of?

Stormhound
April 17th, 2018, 03:46
What d you mean? :confused:

Do you mean you are looking forward to using the new Master/Minion with the DOE: Sound, or instead of?

With, ideally. A setup that would let me mix some triggered sounds (with rob2e's extension that works with DOE Sound) along with manually selected ones, all through Master/minion for output to the players, would be really cool.

dulux-oz
April 17th, 2018, 04:11
With, ideally. A setup that would let me mix some triggered sounds (with rob2e's extension that works with DOE Sound) along with manually selected ones, all through Master/minion for output to the players, would be really cool.

Well, the word from Syrinscape is that 3PI (3rd Party Integration) is being implemented in Master/Minion, so if that's the case it'll work with the DOE: Sound. Rob's Module (is what I think you mean) is just a pre-built collection of ChatSounds, similar to my own DOM: Soundlink Library, so provided the Master/Minion 3PI uses the same URLs, then everything should work fine.

On the other-hand, if Master/Minion uses a different set of URLs for its 3PI then Rob's Module wont work (& neither will mine), but the DOE: Sound will still work with the Master/Minion - you'll just have to enter the Soundlinks and ChatSounds, etc, manually.

dulux-oz
April 24th, 2018, 08:34
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v4.2.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.5 and also included a fix for Simple Brown & Gray Themes, plus all the DOEs now support the Starfinder Ruleset (although appropriate graphics are still required - please drop me a line if you can help out with this).

Enjoy! :)

Ram Tyr
April 25th, 2018, 18:50
Hello Dulux-Oz. There was a mention that you might be interested in checking out in this thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43408-Sound-Effects-Downloads-for-personal-use

Not sure whether your technical prowess means there is something that can be done with that, but I figured better to point it out so that if nothing comes of it isn't due to a failure to connect the right people with the right resource.

Alvi_Leiz
May 2nd, 2018, 12:30
The last update of the FG has broken for 5e?

Thank you

Stormhound
May 2nd, 2018, 12:33
The last update of the FG has broken for 5e?

Thank you

Did you download the updates to this and the base extension?

Alvi_Leiz
May 2nd, 2018, 12:36
Did you download the updates to this and the base extension?

Yes. It works for me in CORE RPG but not in 5e.

Gwydion
May 2nd, 2018, 13:13
Yes. It works for me in CORE RPG but not in 5e.

Hmm... It's working fine for me with 5e. Couple basic thoughts. Did you delete the old base and sound extension in your extension folder to make sure FG is reading the correct one? Also, at the launch screen of FG, do you see a red "x" on either of the extensions?

jeje59
May 6th, 2018, 16:57
Hey there , really happy to post in our community, sorry for my english cause I m french..
Here's my problem.
I Play to Pathfinder
Syrinscape is Ok with me and I play with discord/ Voicemeeter

I can manage a sound trigger only if a mage click on the hand left bubble ( to manage the spells by day )
https://snag.gy/OYx2Gw.jpg , this one works

If i use the cast button it doesn't work in the test
https://snag.gy/FIvh14.jpg

It's the same story if I create a trigger for a greatsword, nothing happenned in the test
https://snag.gy/le8nsD.jpg

Do you think it will work during party?

can you help me with that?

Thx

Gwydion
May 6th, 2018, 17:20
Hey jej59! Welcome to the forum! In order for the sounds to work, the "trigger" has to travel over the internet in chat. So, if you have GM rolls hidden, they won't work. In your example, when you cast, the "?" means you are hiding rolls so "sleep" never makes it through chat. If you show gm rolls, it should work as intended.

jeje59
May 6th, 2018, 17:41
You re just Marvellous , thanks for answer , it works now.

Gwydion
May 6th, 2018, 20:40
Awesome! Great news!

dulux-oz
May 7th, 2018, 08:33
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (May 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

You can find the DOM SoundLink Library by typing "dom soundlink" (without the quotation marks) in to the DM's Guild Search Box (make sure you select the May 2018 version - April's version is still showing up in the search list as I write this).

Please Note: May's version of the Library is essentially the same as April's version - except May's version includes support for the Starfinder Ruleset. If you already have April's version and you have no need for the Starfinder support then save your money for June's version (unless, of course, you'd like to support ongoing development of the Library and of the DOE: Sound and other DOEs) :)

Cheers

DM Patrick
May 9th, 2018, 17:09
I see in the manual that this requires Syrinscape, but in the wiki there is a way to setup VLC to Teamspeak. Is there a way to use this extension to play sounds on my computer through VLC (or some other media player) instead of having to use Syrinscape?

dulux-oz
May 9th, 2018, 17:24
I see in the manual that this requires Syrinscape, but in the wiki there is a way to setup VLC to Teamspeak. Is there a way to use this extension to play sounds on my computer through VLC (or some other media player) instead of having to use Syrinscape?

I've moved this post over to this thread because the question is about the DOE: Sound, not the DOE: Base.

To answer the question: yes, as it says in the Manual and on the Wiki, if the sound app can be controlled via a URL/URI then it can be controlled by the DOE: Sound. I use it primarily (but not exclusively) with Syrinscape which is why it mentions Syrinscape primarily in the doco.

Cheers

DM Patrick
May 9th, 2018, 17:26
Ah, I missed that because I don't know what URI is. I'll look into it. Cheers!

dulux-oz
May 9th, 2018, 17:31
Ah, I missed that because I don't know what URI is. I'll look into it. Cheers!

URI = Uniform Resource Identifier - In information technology, a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a string of characters designed for unambiguous identification of resources and extensibility via the URI scheme.

Such identification enables interaction with representations of the resource over a network, typically the World Wide Web, using specific protocols. Schemes specifying a concrete syntax and associated protocols define each URI. The most common form of URI is the Uniform Resource Locator (URL), frequently referred to informally as a web address. More rarely seen in usage is the Uniform Resource Name (URN), which was designed to complement URLs by providing a mechanism for the identification of resources in particular namespaces. - Wikipedia

DM Patrick
May 9th, 2018, 17:36
Thanks for the help.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2018, 22:27
Another way to think of a URI, if you can (and you can in Windows) give a path to a file like;
file://c:/sounds/crash.mp3
Then you are good.

DM Patrick
May 9th, 2018, 22:34
Another way to think of a URI, if you can (and you can in Windows) give a path to a file like;
Then you are good.

I thought it might work something like that; I would have vlc running and when I click a sound icon in FG to which I had assigned the sound file path, it would play. I don't know where to assign that path though. If I am right, then this is my hangup.

dulux-oz
May 10th, 2018, 03:38
I thought it might work something like that; I would have vlc running and when I click a sound icon in FG to which I had assigned the sound file path, it would play. I don't know where to assign that path though. If I am right, then this is my hangup.

That "path" is what the DOE: Sound calls a "Sound String".

Nyghtmare
May 10th, 2018, 18:03
Then you are good.
Wait... so I can stream an MP3 file from my hard drive to my players through this extension (for ambience or battle music)?

I have only been using it with Syrinscape thus far.

Gwydion
May 10th, 2018, 18:09
Wait... so I can stream an MP3 file from my hard drive to my players through this extension (for ambience or battle music)?

I have only been using it with Syrinscape thus far.

Absolutely! I do it all the time with mp3's on my hard drive, with youtube links. I've also downloaded several tracks from tabletop audio as mp3's and created soundlinks from those.

dulux-oz
May 10th, 2018, 18:26

And this, people, is why I say again and again to READ THE FREAKIN MANUAL - its all in there, explained, simplified, and ready to be discovered :p

Nyghtmare
May 10th, 2018, 19:23
And this, people, is why I say again and again to READ THE FREAKIN MANUAL - its all in there, explained, simplified, and ready to be discovered :p
I did read the manual... but just the parts that applied to Syrinscape and Teamspeak. ;)

Looks like I have more reading to do. ;)

dulux-oz
May 11th, 2018, 02:50
I did read the manual... but just the parts that applied to Syrinscape and Teamspeak. ;)

Looks like I have more reading to do. ;)

So maybe we need a new acronym: RTWFM = Read The WHOLE Freakin Manual :p

madman
May 11th, 2018, 03:50
OZ! LOL I feel ya

Madman..

kberg100
May 20th, 2018, 02:15
First of all, thanks for this extension! It is truly amazing and adds a great deal to our gaming sessions!

My question is... I want to create a chatsound by distinguishing it from others of the same type (such as a creatures bite).

Example in chat :
Poisonous Snake:
[ATTACK (M)] Bite
Attack [20] -> [at Target][HIT]

I set up my trigger to be a) Poisonous Snake and b) HIT but it does not seem to recognize the first.
Also I cannot seem to get the triggers working when they are on different lines in the chat (Poisonous Snake and HIT are on different chat lines).
However [ATTACK (M)] Bite works since they are on the same chat line. Problem is that will trigger a snake bite sound for any creature with bite.

Hopefully I am just missing something here and this is a simple one for you Dulux! Again, great work on this!

(Mod: Moved to appropriate Thread.)

dulux-oz
May 20th, 2018, 02:57
First of all, thanks for this extension! It is truly amazing and adds a great deal to our gaming sessions!

My question is... I want to create a chatsound by distinguishing it from others of the same type (such as a creatures bite).

Example in chat :
Poisonous Snake:
[ATTACK (M)] Bite
Attack [20] -> [at Target][HIT]

I set up my trigger to be a) Poisonous Snake and b) HIT but it does not seem to recognize the first.
Also I cannot seem to get the triggers working when they are on different lines in the chat (Poisonous Snake and HIT are on different chat lines).
However [ATTACK (M)] Bite works since they are on the same chat line. Problem is that will trigger a snake bite sound for any creature with bite.

Hopefully I am just missing something here and this is a simple one for you Dulux! Again, great work on this!

(Mod: Moved to appropriate Thread.)

ChatSounds won't work across different lines of chat - there's a few posts on this in this thread (yes, its a big thread so there's a lot to go through - I'm not surprised it was missed).

Note sure about your first issue (my brain hasn't engaged fullky yet today) - someone else want to weigh in?

Hector Trelane
May 22nd, 2018, 18:27
Two questions:
1) Noob question: I can't seem to find the button that opens DOE: Sound Sound Board. Where's this located??
2) I'd like to use this for a user-created ruleset that hasn't been updated to keep current with the current version of CoreRPG. Any advice--or that way buggy performance lies?

Thanks

dulux-oz
May 23rd, 2018, 03:42
Two questions:
1) Noob question: I can't seem to find the button that opens DOE: Sound Sound Board. Where's this located??
2) I'd like to use this for a user-created ruleset that hasn't been updated to keep current with the current version of CoreRPG. Any advice--or that way buggy performance lies?

Thanks

1) If you are talking about the Menubar/Sidebar Button for the DOE:Sound (is like Story, Notes and NPCs) then you need to "turn it on" via the Library Button. Does that help?
2) All of the DOE's only work with the CoreRPG or its "children" Rulesets (and then only the "offical" SmitWorks-released ones). For everything else, I've created the DORCore Rueset which people can use as the "parent" of their Community Ruleset which will give them all of the DOE-functionality.

Cheers

Hector Trelane
May 23rd, 2018, 05:12
1) If you are talking about the Menubar/Sidebar Button for the DOE:Sound (is like Story, Notes and NPCs) then you need to "turn it on" via the Library Button. Does that help?Cheers

Yes it does. (I think I even looked there but missed it :eek:) Thanks.

2) All of the DOE's only work with the CoreRPG or its "children" Rulesets (and then only the "offical" SmitWorks-released ones). For everything else, I've created the DORCore Rueset which people can use as the "parent" of their Community Ruleset which will give them all of the DOE-functionality.

Good to know. In this case this won't help for the community ruleset I'm using.

EDIT: unless DORCore could be used as a "shim" as described in post one on that thread.

dulux-oz
May 26th, 2018, 09:23
Hi Everybody,

I've just updated the Extension to v4.2.1.

This is primarily a compatibility update to fix a couple of minor bugs, etc.

Please note that with the release of the new DOE:REMU Extension the delivery method for all of the DO-REMs (Dulux-Oz Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) has changed. Please see Post #1 of this thread for full details.

Enjoy! :)

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 20:11
I just updated from a pretty old version (both base and sounds) and they are not showing up in my Campaign Details as an option. Have you heard of this - did I just Noob it?

I tried creating a new campaign just in case nope.

Here is a video, to hopefully show you what I am doing that is obvious?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGJbyUIkjc

Gwydion
May 29th, 2018, 20:46
I just updated from a pretty old version (both base and sounds) and they are not showing up in my Campaign Details as an option. Have you heard of this - did I just Noob it?

I tried creating a new campaign just in case nope.

Here is a video, to hopefully show you what I am doing that is obvious?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGJbyUIkjc

Hmm.. It all looks pretty good but question for you. Exactly where did you pull the new files from? Did you manually download them from the first post here or did you try to use the new process Dulux-Oz outlined?

Gwydion
May 29th, 2018, 20:48
Perhaps post another short video if it isn't much trouble to show how/where you downloaded the files?

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 20:49
Manual download from DO-REMs And Documentation (https://github.com/FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo/tree/master/REMs/Dulux-Oz)

Gwydion
May 29th, 2018, 20:53
Manual download from DO-REMs And Documentation (https://github.com/FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo/tree/master/REMs/Dulux-Oz)

Ok. That's what I did and it worked fine. I assumed you closed FG and reopened after you loaded the extensions? Shut it down completely and then open? Your video made it look like you did. If you go to the FG launch screen and click on the folder located above your fg version (ie. 3.3.5 Ultimate), does it take you to the correct data folder on your hard drive?

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 20:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXriZATw9JA

Yes, going to the folder icon takes me to the correct folder, and I even restarted the PC just in case lol

Ok, one more thing that is weird, that might help> My "DOE_Sound_Manual" stopped showing up as a loadable mod. seems like my FFG does not like Dulux-Oz right now

Gwydion
May 29th, 2018, 21:03
It looks like you are saving the file as an html file and now downloading as a .ext

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 21:07
No, it is an ext file. BUT just in case I just tried it again using all files. Nope. :(
well damn, sounds like there is something up with me then.

Both of the files are 34KB - is yours?

Gwydion
May 29th, 2018, 21:10
Hmm. Your video seemed to show the file type was html even though the file name was doesound.ext. When u open the file on your hard drive and show detail. What is the file type?

Trenloe
May 29th, 2018, 21:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXriZATw9JA
The process you're following to download the file in the correct format is not valid. Don't right-click on the extension link and use "Save Link As". Click on the link so that it takes you to the actual file repository page and then click the "Download" button there.

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 21:13
It says it is a EXT File

BUT that is it. I looked at my back up, and the file size is a lot begger, like 250 and 150 kb

I must not be downloading it right.....

Cool! trying that now

LordEntrails
May 29th, 2018, 21:13
I will add that once I setup the DOE REMU I did not have to download the Sound extension myself, the REMU did it for me. So, I downloaded the helper and the remu extension, then finished the REMU install and ran that maintenance campaign. It then grabbed the download of all the other extensions. Don't know why the manual method wouldn't work, but have you tried using the REMU method?

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 21:18
That worked!!!!!!!

tytyty

Should I make a video for this thread or is it just me :)

I thought about using the REMU, but I work on my D&D stuff at one location, and play at another so the locations would not be the same. So I can't use it, unless I could use relative path :)

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2018, 03:42
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (June 2018) put up on DM's Guild (although it may take a couple of hours to be "approved" before it'll actually show up). :)

You can find the DOM SoundLink Library by typing "DOM Soundlink" (without the quotation marks) in to the DM's Guild Search Box (make sure you select the June 2018 version - May's version is still showing up in the search list as I write this).

Cheers

Nullcron
June 1st, 2018, 15:48
I searched and read and searched and I found very little information on how to use DOE: Sound. My players demand sound because it adds so much to the game. Custom sounds are the way to go so you can collect and use the sounds you want to use. So I gave myself a Quest.
I looked for a sound player that would meet my needs. (Free and Custom) Syringscape has a free app, but it is not customizable and does not have all the sounds I want in the free version. The $10.99 a month subscription is not worth it to me so I download VLC Medai Player.

VLC has the ability to accept command line interaction and will play any sound and is FREE. I installed it and added the exe to my system path. This way I do not have to mention the exe when I call the sound file by command line. I also associated the .wav file to have VLC as it’s default app. Inside the preferences for VLC I turned on the command line interactions.

The I gathered my wav files and placed them in a wav folder right off the C: so the “URL” string will be as short as possible.

In the Fantasy Grounds Sound Panel, make sure you check it so it’s turned on, I added the sounds. The URL for a file looks like the line below;

file:///C:/wav/attack.wav

“file:///” makes it a URL, “C:/wav/” is the folder, and “attack.wav” is the sound file.

Andraax
June 1st, 2018, 15:51
Did you look in the (very complete) manual that Dulux-Oz provided?

Gwydion
June 1st, 2018, 15:57
I searched and read and searched and I found very little information on how to use DOE: Sound. My players demand sound because it adds so much to the game. Custom sounds are the way to go so you can collect and use the sounds you want to use. So I gave myself a Quest.
I looked for a sound player that would meet my needs. (Free and Custom) Syringscape has a free app, but it is not customizable and does not have all the sounds I want in the free version. The $10.99 a month subscription is not worth it to me so I download VLC Medai Player.

VLC has the ability to accept command line interaction and will play any sound and is FREE. I installed it and added the exe to my system path. This way I do not have to mention the exe when I call the sound file by command line. I also associated the .wav file to have VLC as it’s default app. Inside the preferences for VLC I turned on the command line interactions.

The I gathered my wav files and placed them in a wav folder right off the C: so the “URL” string will be as short as possible.

In the Fantasy Grounds Sound Panel, make sure you check it so it’s turned on, I added the sounds. The URL for a file looks like the line below;

file:///C:/wav/attack.wav

“file:///” makes it a URL, “C:/wav/” is the folder, and “attack.wav” is the sound file.

Yep. I've used VLC in a similar way. How are you getting the sounds to the players remotely? Are you streaming to them through VLC with its streaming capability, through discord or some other means? BTW, if you are interested, I've done a couple videos on streaming sounds to players with VLC and cleanfeed. They are out on youtube.

Nullcron
June 1st, 2018, 20:41
If you are talking about the wiki, yes.
In it does not mention File:/// or VLC.

Or is there another manual other than the forums?

Nullcron
June 1st, 2018, 20:45
My plan for the remote player, which there are few and they are consistent, we will setup VLC and the sound files the same way.
I use a laptop and a laptop connected to a TV on the table for my local players.
I already duplicated the setup there and it worked.
I look forward to viewing your videos.

Gwydion
June 1st, 2018, 20:48
My plan for the remote player, which there are few and they are consistent, we will setup VLC and the sound files the same way.
I use a laptop and a laptop connected to a TV on the table for my local players.
I already duplicated the setup there and it worked.
I look forward to viewing your videos.

Got it. I jumped to the conclusion that you were playing with some players remote and needed a way to get the sound to them over the internet. My videos are mostly on that topic so might not be as relevant for your setup.

Andraax
June 1st, 2018, 21:00

The one in the module. It mentions that you can use any valid URI/URL for your sounds.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Manual.jpg

LordEntrails
June 1st, 2018, 21:47
If you are talking about the wiki, yes.
In it does not mention File:/// or VLC.

File:/// is a type of URI.

DM Patrick
June 1st, 2018, 23:21
It does mention it, but for someone like me just mentioning that it's possible didn't help as much as Nulcron's post did. It held my hand, I felt special.

Asmo
June 2nd, 2018, 06:33
I'm considering using sounds with two versions of Syrinscape (GM and player) so i dont need to stream through Discord or Teamspeak.
Is it possible as a GM to stop sounds/music (started from within FG) if you want to? I.e. the complete duration of a sound is 1 min but i want it to stop (for the player) after 30 sec. Is this possible from within FG?

dulux-oz
June 2nd, 2018, 07:48
I'm considering using sounds with two versions of Syrinscape (GM and player) so i dont need to stream through Discord or Teamspeak.
Is it possible as a GM to stop sounds/music (started from within FG) if you want to? I.e. the complete duration of a sound is 1 min but i want it to stop (for the player) after 30 sec. Is this possible from within FG?

Yes, there is a Stop music code in the DOM Soundlink - I can't remember what it is right now - but I'll find out

Nullcron
June 2nd, 2018, 16:25
installed it and added the exe to my system path

What does this mean in your post?

We are not all Tecnomages, some of us are just Storytellers, so I will try to translate the magic for you. Feel free to ask questions.
I have not run this in game yet. This is just my initial research that appears to work. I am going to compile it all into a Manual once I have more evidence.

In Windows 7 and 10 they do it a little different. In the control Panel there is a thing call Advanced System Settings.
In that there is a link to Environment Variables.
In that there is a Path.
Edit the Path setting to include the location of the VLC Media Player.
It may look like; c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
Add that and when the command line is used (CMD or DOS Prompt) , and you type in C:\wav\attack.wav it will run the VLC player and the sound will run.
Of course you need the folder of wav files on your C:, but you get the idea.

Thank you Dulux-Oz for making this all possible.

Balamor33
June 9th, 2018, 23:45
I'm getting a red X in the Fantasy Grounds extension setup. Is this because it hasn't been updated for the new version of Fantasy Grounds?

Thanks.

Dr0W
June 10th, 2018, 00:19
Guys is there a way I can use arguments on the sound string?
I'm trying to use a software to play sounds but I need to tell that software what sound file to play using an argument, for exemple:

"C:\Player.exe -PlaySound(3)" and it will play the sound number 3 on it's sound list. However this string won't work with DOE Sound.

If I input "C:\Player.exe", it just opens the software but does work. Linking directly to the sound file isn't an option. Entering "C:\Player.exe -PlaySound(1)" works as intended.

There is a workaround to make it work, but honestly I didn't want use it because not only it's more work to do for each sound but it feels unecessary:
If I setup a shortcut on windows to run "C:\Player.exe -PlaySound(3)", and then point the extension to say "C:\Sound3.Ink" it will work.

So... is there anything I could do, or I really need to setup windows shortcuts for each sound I will be using?

Thanks in advance!

Gwydion
June 10th, 2018, 00:43
I'm getting a red X in the Fantasy Grounds extension setup. Is this because it hasn't been updated for the new version of Fantasy Grounds?

Thanks.

Yes. That would mean that you need to download the most recent version. Make sure you have the most recent base and sound extensions.

birdskull
June 14th, 2018, 17:44
I just bought the DOM Soundlinkn module from DM's Guild, but after loading it in FG, no soundlinks anywhere...

Gwydion
June 14th, 2018, 17:51
I just bought the DOM Soundlinkn module from DM's Guild, but after loading it in FG, no soundlinks anywhere...

Hey, birdskull. I know you said you opened the module, but did you click on the sound shield on the right hand side of your screen and then look for the links there? You should see them.

Gwydion
June 14th, 2018, 17:57
Sorry.. Should have been clearer. Open the module and then click on All sounds by soundset and you should see all the files. See attached as an example.23742

birdskull
June 14th, 2018, 18:01
Aha! I was looking in the wrong place. Could have been clearer in the "manual" or whatever. Something like "all soundlinks can be found in the Library window". Thanks!

birdskull
June 14th, 2018, 18:12
Now on to something entirely different: why in Orcus' name doesn't Syrinscape play the sounds in one FG campaign, but not in the other...?

birdskull
June 14th, 2018, 18:20
NEVERMIND!

*sneaks out*

Gwydion
June 14th, 2018, 18:22
deleted post.... :)

dulux-oz
June 15th, 2018, 05:10
Now on to something entirely different: why in Orcus' name doesn't Syrinscape play the sounds in one FG campaign, but not in the other...?

Let me guess - you had the Sounds Option (from the FG Options Menubar/Sidebar Button) turned ON in one campaign but not the other, right? :)

Dr0W
June 20th, 2018, 01:32
I'll be asking once again maybe my question wasn't seen.

Anyone knows if there's a way to play a sound using a software that uses an argument? Example ("C:\Player.exe -PlaySound(3)") ?

Andraax
June 20th, 2018, 01:36
I'll be asking once again maybe my question wasn't seen.

Anyone knows if there's a way to play a sound using a software that uses an argument? Example ("C:\Player.exe -PlaySound(3)") ?

Create a shortcut and link to that.

Dr0W
June 20th, 2018, 02:48
Create a shortcut and link to that.

Is that the only way? I was aware of this but I felt like this would be extra unecessary steps if there was way that's more simple

Andraax
June 20th, 2018, 03:02
Is that the only way? I was aware of this but I felt like this would be extra unecessary steps if there was way that's more simple

Unless the software supports another method. But we don't know what the software is, so we can't answer.

Shaqer85
June 21st, 2018, 12:24
This question might have been asked and if so i do apologise for asking it again.

I have multiple groups in different campaigns and system and will soon start my second campaign in Pathfinder. I was wondering if there's any way (file maybe) i could copy to the new one that will allow me to copy or the chat triggers i have created? There's a lot of time and work I've put in creating them in first place and would love to skip that part for my own convenience with this new one.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank You kindly for creating this extension.

dulux-oz
June 21st, 2018, 13:16
This question might have been asked and if so i do apologise for asking it again.

I have multiple groups in different campaigns and system and will soon start my second campaign in Pathfinder. I was wondering if there's any way (file maybe) i could copy to the new one that will allow me to copy or the chat triggers i have created? There's a lot of time and work I've put in creating them in first place and would love to skip that part for my own convenience with this new one.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank You kindly for creating this extension.

Sure is: type "/export" into the Chatbox (without the quotation marks) - you will need to have the DOE: Sound loaded, of course - and you'll be able to make a Module of ChatSounds, etc, exactly the same as being able to make *any* module.

Once its complete, you may have to manually edit a couple of lines near the start of the Module (ie go in and edit the XML) to allow the Module to be used with other Rulesets, but it actually is pretty easy.

There is plenty of info on the FG Wiki and here on the Forums about making up and Exporting a "basic" Module, so you should have no trouble - and you can always ask the Forum for help if you get stuck.

Cheers

Shaqer85
June 21st, 2018, 13:27
Thank You kindly for replying.

Hector Trelane
June 21st, 2018, 19:13
Hi Dulux, here are a couple functionality questions that I couldn't quite answer for myself by reading the wiki:

Can players linked to the GM trigger Syrinscape sounds to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them? Examples of why this might be useful include: personalized sound boards for PCs that they can trigger for themselves; or the GM delegating "Sound Effects DJ" duties to a player. (Note that I am not asking here whether a player can function as Sound Host--I see the answer to that is "yes".)
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds stored on the GM's local hard drive to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them? (An example for this use could be to play music tracks that a GM has locally but hasn't imported into Syrinscape.)
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds on YouTube/the Internet to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them?
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds on cloud file sharing services (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them?

Thanks, and apologies if this was answered previously somewhere in the 118 pages of forum posts!

dulux-oz
June 22nd, 2018, 03:50
Hi Dulux, here are a couple functionality questions that I couldn't quite answer for myself by reading the wiki:

Can players linked to the GM trigger Syrinscape sounds to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them? Examples of why this might be useful include: personalized sound boards for PCs that they can trigger for themselves; or the GM delegating "Sound Effects DJ" duties to a player. (Note that I am not asking here whether a player can function as Sound Host--I see the answer to that is "yes".)
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds stored on the GM's local hard drive to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them? (An example for this use could be to play music tracks that a GM has locally but hasn't imported into Syrinscape.)
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds on YouTube/the Internet to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them?
Can players linked to the GM trigger sounds on cloud file sharing services (e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) to play, if the GM shares one or more sound links with them?

Thanks, and apologies if this was answered previously somewhere in the 118 pages of forum posts!

Hi Hector,

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes - theoretically, although I've never tried it

Basically, if the GM (Sound Host) can trigger it, then a Player could trigger it. All of the Sound "activation codes" travel across the net to all the Clients connected to the Host, just like any notification message that appears in the Chat Box. What makes a given computer the Sound Host is whether the Sounds Option is turned On or Off - and yes, this means that a group can have 1, 2, 3, many or all the computers acting as "Sound Hosts" (or even none) - this is one way that a group (each with their own copy of Syrinscape or each with their own copy of a given mp3 file stored in the same location on each computer) can have sound without having to use Teamspeak/Discord/whatever. So in Q3 or Q4 above, each computer could play the YouTube, etc, clip and each Player would hear the sound (without using Teamspeak, etc) - and it doesn't matter who triggered the Sound in FG, all the Players & the GM would have the YouTube clip play and therefore hear the sound (provided that the Sound Option was turned On in each layer's copy of FG).

Make sense? :)

Cheers

Hector Trelane
June 22nd, 2018, 14:14
Very cool. Thanks Dulux. This opens up some flexibility in the set up of a sound suite.

It also means if I want to play music tracks I don't have to load them into Syrinscape and get entangled in copyright issues.

(It'd be nice if Tabletop Audio ambience could be triggered via a link this way.)

Gwydion
June 22nd, 2018, 14:23
(It'd be nice if Tabletop Audio ambience could be triggered via a link this way.)

It can. Don't forget you can download Tabletop Audio ambiences and trigger the like any other sound file. I actually created a module and was able to load it to dropbox and get it to auto-play directly from dropbox. However, I talked to Tim at Tabletop Audio and he doesn't want me to share it. I understand as he wants to drive people to his website. Pretty cool, though... :)

Hector Trelane
June 22nd, 2018, 16:34
It can. Don't forget you can download Tabletop Audio ambiences and trigger the like any other sound file. I actually created a module and was able to load it to dropbox and get it to auto-play directly from dropbox. However, I talked to Tim at Tabletop Audio and he doesn't want me to share it. I understand as he wants to drive people to his website. Pretty cool, though... :)

I'll have to poke around. I don't want to grab all his sounds but wouldn't mind the seamless integration of using a link within FG to trigger his sounds. Tabletop Audio also has exquisite taste in those audio files (really cool cannon shots, for example), so sometimes I prefer to use those as well as Syrinscape.

bloodydrake
June 23rd, 2018, 17:34
I found an error in DOM-Soundlink sound module.
Shining Child Scream links to Grand Organ Moment incorrectly.

As well I noticed that Kaiju Island tries to use the scifi player not the fantasy player. If you add the Kaiju Island to a campaign on the syrinscape website it adds it to the fantasy player and you don't need to use two players.
Im not sure if its possible in future updates to include a fantasy version of the kaiju Island links but it would be nice :)

Stryfe484
June 24th, 2018, 06:27
I'm not very good at following all of this. I'm having problems getting all of this to work properly. Here's what I've done so far:
Running Windows 10
Fantasy Grounds is up to date
I'm running a D&D 5e game
I've downloaded the DOE Sound extension and DOE base extensions from https://github.com/FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo/tree/develop/REMs/Dulux-Oz
I've pasted both of those into the extensions folder
When I go to load the sound extension, it has a red x. I'm assuming I have the right DOE Base version because I just dl'ed it from the above link. I can't get the manual modules to load, so I'm not sure what to do next. If I have to run that DOEREMUHelpers.exe program, I'm stuck because it claims it won't run on Windows 10. Can anybody offer advice?

bloodydrake
June 24th, 2018, 12:33
OK i'm gonna admit to something that might help you :)
when you go to the github sight don't rightclick and download from the main page those look like the files but they are not..you must click them and it takes you to a sub page with a download button on the right for that file
If you incorrectly downloaded it you'll find the file in your mod and extention is about 39K. but if you go to the subpage and download the size will be larger(or just different) and will show up properly in fantasy grounds

Stryfe484
June 24th, 2018, 13:44
when you go to the github sight don't rightclick and download from the main page those look like the files but they are not..you must click them and it takes you to a sub page with a download button on the right for that file
If you incorrectly downloaded it you'll find the file in your mod and extention is about 39K. but if you go to the subpage and download the size will be larger(or just different) and will show up properly in fantasy grounds

Thank you very much! That solved my problem! Any idea how I can get the DOE_Sound_Manual.mod to load? That may have helped me, but I don't see it in my library.

Stryfe484
June 24th, 2018, 18:36
Nvm, I probably did the same thing with that. I'll check later. Thanks for your help!

dulux-oz
June 25th, 2018, 03:37
I found an error in DOM-Soundlink sound module.
Shining Child Scream links to Grand Organ Moment incorrectly.

As well I noticed that Kaiju Island tries to use the scifi player not the fantasy player. If you add the Kaiju Island to a campaign on the syrinscape website it adds it to the fantasy player and you don't need to use two players.
Im not sure if its possible in future updates to include a fantasy version of the kaiju Island links but it would be nice :)

Thanks for reporting that, bloodydrake. Its now been fixed (bloody typos :( ) and if you PM me your email address I'll make sure you get a free copy of the next release.

In reference to The Kaiju Island Soundset: according to the Syrinscape Webscape page for this Soundset:

This SoundSet will appear by default in the Syrinscape Sci-Fi Player app, but you can make it appear in any of the apps by using the Campaign Manager.

All of the SoundLinks in the DOM_Soundlink_Library are listed with their "original, default" Soundsets/Sound-Players. To have two entries for each Soundlink (one to use the Fantasy Player and one to use the Sci-Fi Player - which would what would be required) would make the Library more than twice as unwieldy to manage and maintain - I hope everyone can understand the reasons why this is not going to happen.

Cheers

bloodydrake
June 25th, 2018, 17:58
Thanks for reporting that, bloodydrake. Its now been fixed (bloody typos :( ) and if you PM me your email address I'll make sure you get a free copy of the next release.

In reference to The Kaiju Island Soundset: according to the Syrinscape Webscape page for this Soundset:

All of the SoundLinks in the DOM_Soundlink_Library are listed with their "original, default" Soundsets/Sound-Players. To have two entries for each Soundlink (one to use the Fantasy Player and one to use the Sci-Fi Player - which would what would be required) would make the Library more than twice as unwieldy to manage and maintain - I hope everyone can understand the reasons why this is not going to happen.

Cheers
NP happy to help

And no worries :) . It wasn't clear to me if there was away to attempt to alter the links to just open in whichever syrinscape player your default is for the file type. This would leave it to the user to make sure that the soundset is added to the relevant player via campaign tool on their website.
But if that's not viable no biggy just seemed like an interesting idea to deal with that use case.

sirkerry
June 27th, 2018, 19:05
Does this extension work with BattleBards?

Andraax
June 28th, 2018, 00:32
Does this extension work with BattleBards?

Can sounds be triggered with a URI / URL? If so, then yes.

Davinci522
June 29th, 2018, 18:52
Not sure if this is possible but with this extension could I play a sound on button press not just chat sequence? For example it a player hits the PC button could it play the sound of a Final fantasy-like menu button being pressed?

Temmpest
July 2nd, 2018, 03:09

Thanks! I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong!

Silverside05
July 18th, 2018, 21:37
Hi!

I'm using this extension and I would like to trigger special sound when creatures are hit. So for example when I receive this message in chat: "Damage [11] -> [to Hill Giant] [STATUS: Light]" I play the Giant sound effect. What's your approach in this case? Do you play sounds in this case? Is it possible to apply a special rule like "regular expression" parser instead of a perfect match?

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Nyghtmare
July 19th, 2018, 04:29
I think you would have to use "] -> [to Hill Giant]" to trigger the giant sound.

dulux-oz
July 19th, 2018, 04:30

This is a "standard" feature of the current version - its all in the Manual (RTFM?) :)

Silverside05
July 19th, 2018, 14:29
This is a "standard" feature of the current version - its all in the Manual (RTFM?) :)

Dulux,

Apologies here I have read the section on magic characters and I am still a little confused. I am trying to trigger a specific sound when certain members of my party are injured. The trigger is "Damage [x] -> [y]" Where x should be any number and y is the party members name. Where I'm a bit confused is what to out in the x spot. I tried %d and %x. Is it not working due to the []?

dulux-oz
July 19th, 2018, 14:58
Dulux,

Apologies here I have read the section on magic characters and I am still a little confused. I am trying to trigger a specific sound when certain members of my party are injured. The trigger is "Damage [x] -> [y]" Where x should be any number and y is the party members name. Where I'm a bit confused is what to out in the x spot. I tried %d and %x. Is it not working due to the []?

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your question.

So, according to the manual the characters "[" and "]" are some of the "magic characters" that have special meaning - in this case they represent a "set" of characters - ie if your have "[abc]" the system will look for "a" or "b" or "c". So if you have "Damage [%d] -> [%a]" the system would look for "Damage " and one digit (ie 0-9) and " -> " and a letter (ie a-z or A-Z).

So, first of all you need to actually detect the "["s and the "]"s - you do this by preceding them with the "%" character, like this "Damage %[%d%] -> %[%a%]"

Now you need to detect damage of more than one digit. You do this by adding the "+" character after the "%d" (again, this is in the manual for those who want to know exactly what the "+" does) - "Damage %[%d+%] -> %[%a%]"

Of course, your characters' names are more than one letter long, so you add a "+" after the "%a" as well - "Damage %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%]"

So, this is (crudely) what you're looking for. You may need to add "%" in front of the "-" and the ">" as well, but try it without first.

Also, you can get a lot fancier in detecting the character's names (or even don't bother detecting them at all) - at the moment all the names can only have one or more letters in them - no digits, no " ' ", etc.

Now, I haven't actually tested this so it may need some tweaking, but this should at least get you on your way.

Make sense?

madman
July 19th, 2018, 21:30
Resolved

Silverside05
July 19th, 2018, 23:58
Awesome !

So the string does have to be in this format "Damage %[%d+%] %-%> %[%to %y%]" Where y is the specific character name or monster.

Question #2. Is there a known issue when you try to link mood music to chat-sounds. Specifically, I pulled just the lute music from the Seedy Tavern Pack. Then I linked it to when Bardic inspiration is cast. It plays intermittently especially when I am switching between different mood musics. It does play consistently when I link the lute music directly to a pin on the map. The music uri is"syrinscape-fantasy:moods/c2VlZHktdGF2ZXJuOjpCYXJkaWMgSW5zcGlyYXRpb24/play/"

Thanks for your assistance !

Silverside05
July 20th, 2018, 00:03
I was attempting to do something similar!

"Attack %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does not seem to work!
"Attack %[%d+%] -> %[%a+%]" This does not seem to work! throws an error.
"Attack %[%d+%] %-%> %[%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does not seem to work!
"Attack %[%d+%] %-%> %[%a+%]" This does not seem to work! throws an error.

"Attack [%d+%] -> [%a+%] [AUTOMATIC HIT]" This does work but for all attacks
"" [CRITICAL HIT]
"" [AUTOMATIC MISS]
"" [HIT]
"" [MISS]

I have been reading the manual and other than typing out exactly as it outputs. Like a normal sound i.e. [AUTOMATIC HIT]
I can not make it work for just that string, using Magic Characters.

I am probably missing something!
Any help would be great

Sample chat output.
Attack [17] -> [at Kabyzi] [AUTOMATIC MISS]

Madman..

I think you can just focus on the last part of the line "] [MISS]" will work for all missed hits. "] [AUTOMATIC MISS]" For all Automatic so on and so forth.

dulux-oz
July 20th, 2018, 06:12
Awesome !

So the string does have to be in this format "Damage %[%d+%] %-%> %[%to %y%]" Where y is the specific character name or monster.

Question #2. Is there a known issue when you try to link mood music to chat-sounds. Specifically, I pulled just the lute music from the Seedy Tavern Pack. Then I linked it to when Bardic inspiration is cast. It plays intermittently especially when I am switching between different mood musics. It does play consistently when I link the lute music directly to a pin on the map. The music uri is"syrinscape-fantasy:moods/c2VlZHktdGF2ZXJuOjpCYXJkaWMgSW5zcGlyYXRpb24/play/"

Thanks for your assistance !

I'm surprised you need the "%t" and the "%y" - you should be able to get by on both of those without the % - meh

The trouble with using Moods with Chatsounds is that every time a new mood is played the old mood stops - that's a function of Syrinscape, not the DOE:Sound. I tens to use 1-Shots for all my Chatsounds and use the moods to actually set the ambience of the scene. There are approx 4.5K Sounds in Syrinscape, with the majority of them being 1-Shots - I've never had to use a mood because I could always find a 1-shot that would work - the DOM_Soundlink_Library (available from the DM's Guild - Shameless(TM) Self-Plug) makes it very easy to find just the right sound.

Silverside05
July 20th, 2018, 06:49
Sold! Bought it! Thanks again.

dulux-oz
August 7th, 2018, 10:39
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (August 2018 (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/249159/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--August-2018)) put up on DM's Guild.

This latest edition now has over 4500 Soundlinks from all 107 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 225 Fantasy Soundsets.

Cheers

LordEntrails
August 7th, 2018, 21:32
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (August 2018 (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/249159/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--August-2018)) put up on DM's Guild.

This latest edition now has over 4500 Soundlinks from all 107 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 225 Fantasy Soundsets.

Cheers

You made the DMsGuild Newsletter as one of the "Newest Titles"

BigDaddyinFL
August 8th, 2018, 01:13
Hey Man, AWESOME extension. I got it working, along with your other extensions, got Syrinscape up and started creating sounds.

My question: Can you give me an example of what a Chat Sound and Auto Sound trigger might look like?

I couldnt find an example in the Wiki and the trigger explanation is a little vague for a noob like me.

Thanks,

Michael

Silverside05
August 8th, 2018, 01:34
For Chat Sounds you program based on what comes across the chat for the player. For Example if the players roll an athletics check this would come across the chat window: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF]. You would then use that as your trigger for whatever sound link you wanted to play when your players rolled an athletics skill they were proficient in.

BigDaddyinFL
August 8th, 2018, 01:36
A perfect Answer!!! Thank you

Gwydion
August 8th, 2018, 01:44
I created a YouTube video that might help too. You can view it here:

https://youtu.be/yQJzMimNgSU

BigDaddyinFL
August 8th, 2018, 03:57
So I've installed the Extension, installed and running Syrianscape, installed and setup Voicemeeter and VB Aux cable and set up a couple of basic sounds in my Sound Bar on FG. I even set up Hangouts to to get its sound through voicemeeter.

My problem is, I still cant hear or preview the sounds while in FG and its kind of bringing me down. I'd like to add sounds to my stories but I need to hear them and know that they;ll work.

Any thoughts?

Edit by Moderator: I moved this post to this more appropriate thread

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2018, 04:11
So I've installed the Extension, installed and running Syrianscape, installed and setup Voicemeeter and VB Aux cable and set up a couple of basic sounds in my Sound Bar on FG. I even set up Hangouts to to get its sound through voicemeeter.

My problem is, I still cant hear or preview the sounds while in FG and its kind of bringing me down. I'd like to add sounds to my stories but I need to hear them and know that they;ll work.

Any thoughts?

Edit by Moderator: I moved this post to this more appropriate thread

Have you turned On Sounds in the FG Options (as per the Manual)?

Teotimus
August 8th, 2018, 10:42
I'm having the same problem here. Everything is installed and setup but I can't hear anything from inside FG (Sound option is On) when I click the sound links. I used this Extension without problems with my old machine, but I changed it a few months ago and now it doesn't seem to work properly...

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2018, 11:34
I'm having the same problem here. Everything is installed and setup but I can't hear anything from inside FG (Sound option is On) when I click the sound links. I used this Extension without problems with my old machine, but I changed it a few months ago and now it doesn't seem to work properly...

OK, so, first things first: can you get a sound out of Syrinscape directly?

If so, make up a new "test" soundlink with a fresh 3PI link and see (hear?) what happens.

Let us how how you go, OK?

BigDaddyinFL
August 8th, 2018, 19:08
Hi Dulux-Oz,

I appreciate your help with this. I have the Sound turned on in my settings and I am able to reproduce sounds through Syrinscape. As far as "make up a new "test" soundlink with a fresh 3PI link", do you mean create a test sound in Syrinscape and paste the link into my Sound bar in FG? If so, I will try that as soon as I get home. At work right now :-)

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2018, 19:40
Hi Dulux-Oz,

I appreciate your help with this. I have the Sound turned on in my settings and I am able to reproduce sounds through Syrinscape. As far as "make up a new "test" soundlink with a fresh 3PI link", do you mean create a test sound in Syrinscape and paste the link into my Sound bar in FG? If so, I will try that as soon as I get home. At work right now :-)

No, I mean create a new Soundlink Record in the DOE: Sound and copy one of Syrinscape's 3PI URIs into it, then click on the newly created Soundlink and see if you get any sound. If you don't, then let us know which 3PI URI you were using and provide us with a screenshot of the Soundlink record and the FG Options windows. We should be able to work out what's going on from there.

BigDaddyinFL
August 8th, 2018, 23:21
Hi Dulux-Oz,

I followed your instructions and created a new Soundlink Record in the DOE: Sound and copied one of Syrinscape's links into it, The link looked like this:

syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YnJpbmRvbC10b3duOjo2LWhvcnNl/play/

I took screenshots of my setup and each step. In steps 7 and 8 I tried to play the sound through FG and still could not hear anything, but when I play the sound through Syrinscape I hear it quite clearly

Gwydion
August 9th, 2018, 00:56
When you try to play your sounds through FG, are you clicking on the purple clef? So, in step 8, you are clicking on the purple clef and don't hear anything?

Also, in Step 7 it looks like you have shared the record with the players. Can you click on the "p" and unshare it? Shouldn't make a difference, but I also wouldn't share it that way.

BigDaddyinFL
August 9th, 2018, 00:57
Correct, I've clicked it, Dropped it in Chat...nothing seems to work

Gwydion
August 9th, 2018, 00:59
Correct, I've clicked it, Dropped it in Chat...nothing seems to work

I edited my post and asked another question as well...

BigDaddyinFL
August 9th, 2018, 01:00
I quit sharing it, but it made no difference

I do appreciate the help.

Thank you

Gwydion
August 9th, 2018, 01:01
Ok.. I'm opening mine now to see if I can troubleshoot...

Gwydion
August 9th, 2018, 01:08
Crap... I think you just identified an issue. I just upgraded to the Syrinscape player released on 7/30 and I just tried my links and creating new ones and they no longer work with the DOE: Sound extension. If I copy a link to a youtube channel and past in chat the link works fine and plays, but my syrinscape links don't work anymore whether they are old links or create new ones. I'm speculating that it has something to do with the new version of the syinscape player but I'll have to test it more when I have time.

BigDaddyinFL
August 9th, 2018, 01:12
Well, I'm happy that I triggered you finding the issue early and that the issue isn't with my system. I'll watch this thread for any updates and thank you again for your patience and assistance.

Happy Gaming,

Big Daddy

Gwydion
August 9th, 2018, 01:16
I'm not 100% sure, but I do think that is the issue as I didn't have any problems at all until I downloaded the new Syrinscape Player. I'm seeing if they will send me the old version so I can reinstall and see if it works with the old version to make sure we have the issue isolated. Thanks!

dulux-oz
August 9th, 2018, 05:22
Hello All,

We've just discovered that the latest version of Syrinscape (both the Fantasy Player and the Sci-Fi Player - v1.3.7) "breaks" its 3PI-functionality and so *will not work* with the DOE:Sound (or the DOM:Soundlink Library).

However, you can download the previous version of Syrinscape (v1.3.3) from the Syrinscape Website (go to the "Previous Versions" link on the Download Page) and install it over v1.3.7 and things will work again.

I've informed Ben (from Syrinscape) of his issue and will update you all here once the issue has been resolved. In the meantime my recommendation is to use Syrinscape v1.3.3.

Cheers

Bali Bali Bahu
August 9th, 2018, 06:33
This issue was driving me crazy. Thought that my PC was the problem.

Thank you!

iotech
August 10th, 2018, 03:56
Came here just for that (just bought DOM), thanks Dulux-Oz!

Curiousjoe
August 11th, 2018, 10:16
I'm dumb, so here's a dumb question. Where's the download link?))) Great extension and i'd like to use it)

dulux-oz
August 11th, 2018, 12:29
I'm dumb, so here's a dumb question. Where's the download link?))) Great extension and i'd like to use it)

On the first post of this thread (for the record, each of the DOE's download links are on the first post of their respective threads).

Curiousjoe
August 11th, 2018, 12:38
On the first post of this thread (for the record, each of the DOE's download links are on the first post of their respective threads).

Thanks for the answer but the problem is still there. As far as i understood, download links are posted like this:

But there is no such link on the first post of this thread. English is not my native language so i could miss something.

Thanks in advance.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2018, 23:29
There is not a link like that. Their is a section in the first post titles "Downloading the Extension". Read that. The DOEs have their own application that downloads install and updates them. Also be aware that this extension has a dependency to another extension (DOE: BAse) and you have to install, and use that extension as well whenever you want to use this one.

It's a little bit to learn, but it's well worth learning.

Mixylplyx
August 12th, 2018, 00:42
This is a reply to a long-ago previous post that a google search turned up, in reference to Rob2e's excellent Fantasy Grounds Sounds (FGS):

OK, one more...

Found it. FGS has the 'Unconscious' trigger for the Sleep and Astral Projection spells. The problem is when someone is dropped to 0 HP, FG puts [EFFECT] Unconscious in the Chat Log (at least in 5E), thus triggering the sound of someone yawning and falling asleep. Since Sleep and Astral Projection spells are rarely cast, chopping through a horde of goblins makes it sound like a slumber party.

For those that want to fix this, put a label on the spells' effects in the Actions Tab (again, for 5E only) just prior to the word Unconscious. For example, put SLEEP: Unconscious for the effect of the Sleep spell. Then change the triggers for the spells to the corresponding updated effects. This should stop the sleepy sound everytime you gank an orc.

I'd suggest you then create a separate chat-sound that triggers off the phrase [STATUS: Dying].

HTH

heedio
August 24th, 2018, 12:30
Hi, the last update of Syrinscape (1.3.7 20180815) don't break the links.

dulux-oz
August 24th, 2018, 12:38
Hi, the last update of Syrinscape (1.3.7 20180815) don't break the links.

I am currently testing - I will get back to people as soon as I've finished :)

dulux-oz
August 28th, 2018, 04:51
Hi All,

Sp I've just finished testing the latest version of Syrinscape (both the Fantasy and the Sci-Fi Players) with the DOE: Sound. Syrinscape v1.3.7-20180815 *does* work with the DOE: Sound, so people should feel free to upgrade Syrinscape to this version.

Cheers

Gwydion
August 28th, 2018, 12:00
Hi All,

Sp I've just finished testing the latest version of Syrinscape (both the Fantasy and the Sci-Fi Players) with the DOE: Sound. Syrinscape v1.3.7-20180815 *does* work with the DOE: Sound, so people should feel free to upgrade Syrinscape to this version.

Cheers

Great news. Thanks!!

Dax Doomslayer
August 28th, 2018, 20:03
Sweet!

Von Stalhein
August 31st, 2018, 02:43
EDIT: D'oh! Such a nincompoop - I completely missed the "Sound" on/off setting in the FG2 Settings panel. Now it's working, surprise surprise!

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve a weird issue I'm having. I'm new to this Extension, only just tried it this evening.

I'm finding that I can only trigger soundlinks (i.e., make Syrinscape react to them) by dragging and dropping the soundlink (purple icon) onto the empty FG2 desktop. Just clicking the purple icon doesn't trigger the link (Syrinscape doesn't react at all).

This, I think, is why Autosounds and Chatsounds don't seem to be triggering for me, either.

Could anyone tell me where I've gone wrong? Many thanks!

P.S. Using Syrinscape v1.3.7-20180815, DOE Base 3.2.1, and DOE Sound 4.2.1

dulux-oz
September 4th, 2018, 06:21
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (September 2018 (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/251548/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--September-2018)) put up on DM's Guild.

This latest edition now has over 4800 Soundlinks from all 108 Sci-Fi Soundsets and all 238 Fantasy Soundsets.

Cheers

dulux-oz
September 4th, 2018, 06:23
EDIT: D'oh! Such a nincompoop - I completely missed the "Sound" on/off setting in the FG2 Settings panel. Now it's working, surprise surprise!

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve a weird issue I'm having. I'm new to this Extension, only just tried it this evening.

I'm finding that I can only trigger soundlinks (i.e., make Syrinscape react to them) by dragging and dropping the soundlink (purple icon) onto the empty FG2 desktop. Just clicking the purple icon doesn't trigger the link (Syrinscape doesn't react at all).

This, I think, is why Autosounds and Chatsounds don't seem to be triggering for me, either.

Could anyone tell me where I've gone wrong? Many thanks!

P.S. Using Syrinscape v1.3.7-20180815, DOE Base 3.2.1, and DOE Sound 4.2.1

Yeap, that one gets a lot of people :)

mlesnews
September 4th, 2018, 08:37
Any hope of future integration with Syrinscape's Online Player (Master/Minion)? Thanks in advance for any hints, and as always, for everything you do.

dulux-oz
September 4th, 2018, 09:35
Any hope of future integration with Syrinscape's Online Player (Master/Minion)? Thanks in advance for any hints, and as always, for everything you do.

Not until Syrinscape get the 3PI function working in master/minion - however, you don't *need* Master/minion with the DOE: Sound, because the DOE: Sound can do (and has been able to do since v2) what master/minion can do ie allow the GM to force a player's copy to play a sound. :)

Stuggesjoerd
September 22nd, 2018, 12:01
Hi all, I have been reading through the entire post. And none of this helped me in this as of yet.
Besides Rob's extension, i also tried to create my own sounds with no succes.

The base extension and sound extension are both loaded in, when booting up the campaign.
At this moment I have disabled all other extensions to ensure that there are no other influences..
I have also tested it, in combination with another FG running as a localhost. Both with the sound turned on in the settings.

Syrinscape, using it by itself works flawlessly.
Versions are:
Base v3.2.1
Sound v4.2.1
Syrinscape 1.3.7-20180730

Gwydion
September 22nd, 2018, 13:32
Hi all, I have been reading through the entire post. And none of this helped me in this as of yet.
Besides Rob's extension, i also tried to create my own sounds with no succes.

The base extension and sound extension are both loaded in, when booting up the campaign.
At this moment I have disabled all other extensions to ensure that there are no other influences..
I have also tested it, in combination with another FG running as a localhost. Both with the sound turned on in the settings.

Syrinscape, using it by itself works flawlessly.
Versions are:
Base v3.2.1
Sound v4.2.1
Syrinscape 1.3.7-20180730

Hey Stuggesjoerd. Its the version of Syrinscape you have loaded. They had issues with the 3rd party integration (not just DOE: Sound, but any) in that version. Go back to and download the latest and you should be good. Let us know. Here is the link:

https://syrinscape.com/download/

Stuggesjoerd
September 22nd, 2018, 14:42
Hey Stuggesjoerd. Its the version of Syrinscape you have loaded. They had issues with the 3rd party integration (not just DOE: Sound, but any) in that version. Go back to and download the latest and you should be good. Let us know. Here is the link:

https://syrinscape.com/download/

Cheers, It seems that I indeed did not had the latest.. Despite that, my version was not really old. Hence me believing that I had the latest version.
Again, thank you for your assistance. It is working flawlessly now.

Gwydion
September 22nd, 2018, 14:51
Excellent news!

PTBBC.ORG
September 25th, 2018, 16:21
So, trying to setup sounds again for my games. Had to stop because it didn't work with new headset for whatever reason. I am seeing an X in front of the sound extension when I go to load a session. I know I am missing something but can't figure it out.24737

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 16:28
So, trying to setup sounds again for my games. Had to stop because it didn't work with new headset for whatever reason. I am seeing an X in front of the sound extension when I go to load a session. I know I am missing something but can't figure it out.24737

Yes. That means you do not have the most recent version. You need to go to the DOE: sound thread and follow the instructions for downloading the updated extension.

PTBBC.ORG
September 25th, 2018, 16:31
Hmmm.... thought I did... ok thanks.

Rokhead
October 2nd, 2018, 19:44
Hi all! Roll20 user checking out FG capabilities (particularly in the sound capabilities) for a possible move. I have DOEBase.ext and DOESound.ext in my "extensions" folder, and the DOE_Sound_Manual.mod file in "modules", but when I restart, I do not see the manual in the module list in game, nor do I see the "Sound" option in the settings.
I am using just the demo version for testing - loading up the provided demo game as the DM.

What am I doing wrong? Or can I not preview this with the demo

Myrdin Potter
October 2nd, 2018, 20:27
You don’t see the extension with the radio button to fill on the campaign Laos screen and when you press library on the lower right you don’t see the manual with a load button in the list?

Rokhead
October 2nd, 2018, 20:47
You don’t see the extension with the radio button to fill on the campaign Laos screen and when you press library on the lower right you don’t see the manual with a load button in the list?

That is correct. I see others, but not nothing related to the sound extension.

Rokhead
October 2nd, 2018, 21:07
I see the rulesets, themes and decals load up, but not the DOE ones I installed. Just for grins, I added an extension from another author ("Death Indicator Map Extension") and I did see it on the load page and confirmed in the chat box upon starting along with others. no sign of DOE ones still.

using V3.3.6 Free by the way.

Rokhead
October 2nd, 2018, 21:23
I noticed that the DOE extensions are the only ones I have that are XML files, and not zip files. Is it possible that 3.3.6 doesn't support xml files as .ext extensions?

update: I removed all .ext files from the "extensions" folder except DOEBase.ext and DOESound.ext, and all from the "modules" folder except DOE_Sound_Manual.mod.
Still no luck getting them to show up.

Andraax
October 2nd, 2018, 21:59
All extensions should be ".ext". Don't know where you got the ".xml" files from, but they're not valid extensions.

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2018, 22:20
Did you use the DOE REMU extension to install and update the DOE extensions? If you went to the DOE github repository and did a right mouse save file as, you did not get the extension. Make sure you use the "download" button on the github repo.