PDA

View Full Version : DOE: Sound Extension

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

mihalis00
June 6th, 2017, 13:19
Hi,

New Fantasy Grounds user here. Love the extension. Sorry if this question has already been asked, I have been looking through for some time now and I can't find anyone who has asked the question. I have set everything up so that the party can hear the sounds I prompt via fantasy grounds/syrinscape through skype. However, whenever any of the party members talk, the sound is completely interrupted by their voices - it cuts off. Is this intended? Is there a setting or something I have to change to make it so the ambient sound continues to play even when the party members speak?

Thanks,
Sorry again if this has been asked. I'm probably just doing something wrong anyway.

Mihalis.

Andraax
June 6th, 2017, 13:25
I believe that's a Skype thing. This doesn't happen on TS.

mihalis00
June 6th, 2017, 13:35
I believe that's a Skype thing. This doesn't happen on TS.
At least, if I there is no solution to this Skype thing, we can just use TS.

That is reassuring, thanks dude.

dulux-oz
June 6th, 2017, 13:54
Definitely a Skype thing - definitely NOT the DOE: Sound Extension.

But it is one reason why I recommend Teamspeak on the Wiki Page and in the DOE: Sound Doco.

mihalis00
June 6th, 2017, 14:07
Definitely a Skype thing - definitely NOT the DOE: Sound Extension.

But it is one reason why I recommend Teamspeak on the Wiki Page and in the DOE: Sound Doco.

Alrighty. Teamspeak it is! Thanks for the response.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2017, 16:54
Alrighty. Teamspeak it is!
In case you didn't know, there is a free to use community TeamSpeak server. Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server It has the music codec enabled - make sure you use that when creating a sub-channel for your use to maximise the sound/music quality.

mihalis00
June 7th, 2017, 00:22
In case you didn't know, there is a free to use community TeamSpeak server. Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server It has the music codec enabled - make sure you use that when creating a sub-channel for your use to maximise the sound/music quality.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll check it out.

GainunX
June 13th, 2017, 03:54
Music links do not work. I create links with Syrinscape strings, following the instructions, but when I click the purple button, nothing happens. I tested with soundcloud urls too, same problem =(

FG version 3.3.1
Ruleset: D & D 5E
DOE Base Extension 3.0
DOE Sound Extension 4.0

I tested using only these two extensions and no active modules.

Andraax
June 13th, 2017, 04:04
Did you turn "Sound" on in the options menu?

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2017, 04:07
Music links do not work. I create links with Syrinscape strings, following the instructions, but when I click the purple button, nothing happens. I tested with soundcloud urls too, same problem =(

FG version 3.3.1
DOE Base Extension 3.0
DOE Sound Extension 4.0

Have you turned on Sounds in the FG Options?

Edit: Damn! Ninja'd again! :ninja:

GainunX
June 13th, 2017, 04:13

FG version 3.3.1
DOE Base Extension 3.0
DOE Sound Extension 4.0

UPTADE Partially solved. The links in the soundboard do not always work, but sometimes they work (I do not know why), but if I add the links in a story entry or in an image they function normally o.O

GainunX
June 13th, 2017, 04:17
Have you turned on Sounds in the FG Options?

Edit: Damn! Ninja'd again! :ninja:

It looks like this was because I changed my campaign to test and it worked. Thank you, everything is ok now =)

Myrdin Potter
June 13th, 2017, 05:57
Is there a list of standard chat phrases that are generated? Slowly building up chat sounds linked to sounds I own and if there was a standard list somewhere it would save me some time.

whiteTiki
June 15th, 2017, 20:31
Is there a list of standard chat phrases that are generated? Slowly building up chat sounds linked to sounds I own and if there was a standard list somewhere it would save me some time.

Exactly THIS is the problem I'm facing right now..... So I started using the extension 2 days ago and the first thing I thought was exactly this. So, imagine you spend like 1,056 years in the mortal world making a chat sound for each spell in the spell list and for all the possible weapon attacks that have a sound like dagger attack, sword attack, bow attack, etc. Even some special skills like opening a lock, etc. You then have every sound work flawlessly for all the attacks and so on....

So here are my questions:

Is there a way to BACKUP all the chatsounds, autosounds, etc. you have created for a campaign? Because I did some testing and it appears to be campaign specific.
Is there a file or something that I can download that has this "backup" (in case it is possible) so that I can save 1,056 years?

Thanks in advance.

Myrdin Potter
June 15th, 2017, 20:35
You can save the sounds you make as a module and open them up in different campaigns later. Just do the normal module export but only select sounds.

dulux-oz
June 16th, 2017, 03:24
So no, there is no standard lsit of Char phrases because every Ruleset defines their own - with an (potentially) infinite number of Rulesets and each Ruleset having an infinite number of (potentail) chat phrases...

A bit like asking is there a standard list of songs (out of all the possible songs in existence - past, present and future)

It is possible to export Chatsounds and others out to a Module via the /export slash command (for personal use only).

Cheers

whiteTiki
June 16th, 2017, 06:11
What is actually working good for me right now is:

Make new Campaign and call it "My Default Campaign" for 5e ruleset
Disable all the extensions and only leave the official basics and the DOE Base and DOE Sound
Load the campaign and change all settings to default settings you want
Unload all modules and just leave the DOE ones (Manual and others)
Be sure to load Zach's base 20 lvl characters (which have all the effects programmed and loaded)
Edit all Zach's effects for all classes so that they have a "comment" before the effect. This comment should be the one you will link in Chatsounds.
Start adding Chatsounds. For all spells, for all skills, for all attacks, etc.
When done. Close campaign and return to launcher.

You can now access the campaign folder inside the FantasyGrounds directory and anytime you need to create a new campaign, just copy and paste the campaign folder and rename it to whatever you want. Before loading the campaign you can enable all the extensions you need.

Now the question is.... will you be able to make a .ZIP file of your "Default Campaign" and share the folder with anyone that has already installed the DOE extensions so that he/she only has to Unzip-Copy-Paste?

Myrdin Potter
June 16th, 2017, 08:46
As much as I love the DOE extensions, and I have sent cash to Dulux-Oz and I am sure I will send more soon as even more functionality has been added, there are not actually infinite rulesets even if there is potential for it and 5e D&D is the most common by far.

However, I will make my request in the 5e forum for the chat results only. Dulux-Oz does not want .mod files spread around and what sounds people like for each action or even which ones you have access to will vary anyways (I buy my soundsets as I hate SAAS).

To be clear, I respect his wishes fully. He does a lot of work with these extensions for little reward other than knowing he helped others and the one major request he asks for is respect for his ownership of the code which seems very reasonable to me and I extra tip my hat for the extensions and support he gives.

skj310
June 16th, 2017, 11:48
Hey there Dulux-Oz ... time to send you some grief, and this time related to magic characters. You story intro for the magic characters mentions the "ChatBox" so I am thinking that using magic characters will allow me to search for patterns that span individual strings? For example:

%[CAST%].*%[MISS%]
What am I doing with the above? Well I've setup a crap tonne of local sounds that are working excellent and I'm piping them to discord swimmingly ... but now I'm wanting more! What I'm thinking is to add in a generic MISS/FAIL sound for melee, for range, for spells. So I was thinking I can only do this using the magic characters and spanning usually 2 or 3 chatstrings. I've got some experience with pattern matching but clearly not adequate, and so i was hoping that you might be able to assist?

I am thinking that ought to span a couple lines of chatstrings. But unfortunately I am pretty sure that I've my pattern syntax wrong.

For a SPELL miss I'm looking at the following 3 chatstrings:

<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [CAST] Shocking Grasp [at Adult Gold Dragon]</font><br />
<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking Grasp</font> [1d20+2 = 16]<br />
<font color="#660066">Attack [16] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />

For a RANGE miss I'm looking at the following 2 chatstrings:

<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow</font> [1d20+4 = 8]<br />
<font color="#660066">Attack [8] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />

Martin153
June 17th, 2017, 15:37
Hi Guys

I have finally managed to get Syrinscape to output in Discord, but the remote sound quality is terrible. It works fine on the host but all remote connections suffer, breakup in audio, muffled audio. Just really poor quality to the point it is unusable.

Has anyone got any tips to fix this? Please bear in mind that I am not very technical...If it helps I used the voicemeeter banana method, but open to other solutions like OBS.

Martin

I know this is no fault of FG, but thought this maybe the place to ask!

Gwydion
June 17th, 2017, 15:44
First I would check your settings in discord for voice. I use voice activity with the sensitivity set all the way to the left. I also enable the quality of service high packet priority. You might also check the bitrate of your voice channel. If you click on the gear icon next to the voice channel it will pull up a menu for overview, permissions and invites. In the overview, you might play around with the bitrate. I keep it at 64kpbs, but you can try to put it higher to see if it helps.

whiteTiki
June 17th, 2017, 16:06
Hi Guys

I have finally managed to get Syrinscape to output in Discord, but the remote sound quality is terrible. It works fine on the host but all remote connections suffer, breakup in audio, muffled audio. Just really poor quality to the point it is unusable.

Has anyone got any tips to fix this? Please bear in mind that I am not very technical...If it helps I used the voicemeeter banana method, but open to other solutions like OBS.

Martin

I know this is no fault of FG, but thought this maybe the place to ask!

Have you tried this?
https://youtu.be/9U3TRoS3gpM

Andraax
June 17th, 2017, 16:57
Has anyone got any tips to fix this?

Yeah, use Teamspeak. :-)

Martin153
June 17th, 2017, 18:54
Yeah thats what I followed. Never mind now. I will email twitching the game for the first time too so will have plenty on my hands.

malagace
June 18th, 2017, 16:23
Hey WhiteTiki, Can you share your soundchat ? I already buy the module from https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm but the soundchat are missing.

Thank you

dulux-oz
June 18th, 2017, 16:26
Hey WhiteTiki, Can you share your soundchat ? I already buy the module from https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm but the soundchat are missing.

Thank you

There never were any Soundchat Entries in the Library - basically for the reasons outlined in previous posts.

malagace
June 18th, 2017, 17:07
I didn't read the whole discussion (78pages) but can you repeat the reason please ?

Thank you

dulux-oz
June 18th, 2017, 17:13
I didn't read the whole discussion (78pages) but can you repeat the reason please ?

Thank you

Post#766

So no, there is no standard lsit of Char phrases because every Ruleset defines their own - with an (potentially) infinite number of Rulesets and each Ruleset having an infinite number of (potentail) chat phrases...

A bit like asking is there a standard list of songs (out of all the possible songs in existence - past, present and future)

It is possible to export Chatsounds and others out to a Module via the /export slash command (for personal use only).

Cheers

Besides, as others have said, every GM wants different Chatsound triggers - Yes, there is some (even lots) of overlap, but as I said, everyone would want something different (IMNSHO).

Dipset
June 19th, 2017, 22:16
hi i was wondering if this was supposed to come with any sounds already? Like test sounds or anything like that because it is not showing up on my sounds tab in FG.

dulux-oz
June 20th, 2017, 03:27
hi i was wondering if this was supposed to come with any sounds already? Like test sounds or anything like that because it is not showing up on my sounds tab in FG.

No, all the sounds are provided by Syrinscape (or another sound app / mp3 files / etc) - What the DOE: Sound does is provide an interface for linking FG to the chosen sound app.

Its all explained in the Manual how to set things up and there is a library of Syrinscape Soundlinks available by following the relevant link on the first post - but you'll still need a 3rd party sound app (Syrinscape).

whiteTiki
June 20th, 2017, 05:39

Thank you

Sure, I'm still working on it, keep in touch.
Since I'll be sharing a .ZIP file that contains a "Default Campaign" folder that you can copy and paste to your FG directory be advised that for this to work it will require at the very least:

Purchased, Downloaded and Installed Fantasy Grounds Standard License here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK01) or Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK03)
For 5E Ruleset use only
Purchased, Downloaded and Installed Players Handbook Core from FG Store here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBDELUXE).
Purchased, Downloaded and ready to load Matthew’s DOM: SoundLink-Library Module here (https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm)
Purchased, Downloaded and ready to load Syrinscape with Adventure Path Subscription here (https://syrinscape.com/subscriptions/1-adventure-path/) or with SuperSyrin Subscription here (https://syrinscape.com/subscriptions/3-supersyrin/)

Once you have that, then you'll be able to simply:

Download my .ZIP file
Copy it to your FG directory
Rename it to any name you want to give to your campaign and your done
You'll have all the spells, attacks, effects, skills, etc. working with Syrinscape sounds.

Cheers!

dulux-oz
June 20th, 2017, 08:37
Sure, I'm still working on it, keep in touch.
Since I'll be sharing a .ZIP file that contains a "Default Campaign" folder that you can copy and paste to your FG directory be advised that for this to work it will require at the very least:

Purchased, Downloaded and Installed Fantasy Grounds Standard License here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK01) or Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK03)
For 5E Ruleset use only
Purchased, Downloaded and Installed Players Handbook Core from FG Store here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBDELUXE).
Purchased, Downloaded and ready to load Matthew’s DOM: SoundLink-Library Module here (https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm)
Purchased, Downloaded and ready to load Syrinscape with Adventure Path Subscription here (https://syrinscape.com/subscriptions/1-adventure-path/) or with SuperSyrin Subscription here (https://syrinscape.com/subscriptions/3-supersyrin/)

Once you have that, then you'll be able to simply:

Download my .ZIP file
Copy it to your FG directory
Rename it to any name you want to give to your campaign and your done
You'll have all the spells, attacks, effects, skills, etc. working with Syrinscape sounds.

Cheers!

I just want to make sure people understand the following: I can not and will not be responsible for any modules, etc, such as this - if people need support with this or any other module like it then don't bother asking for help from me. I will support and help out with my own Extensions, Rulesets and Modules, but 3rd Party Modules are the responsibility of the 3rd Party Module's Author alone.

Having said that, there is recently (ie today) been a Module for 5E that contains a whole bunch of stuff based around Sounds placed up on the DM's Guild (www.dmsguild.com) written by rob2e, which while I don't provide technical support for I do endorse because I know what rob2e is like with his stuff and because he ran it past me as a courtesy first.

whiteTiki
June 25th, 2017, 18:19
Having said that, there is recently (ie today) been a Module for 5E that contains a whole bunch of stuff based around Sounds placed up on the DM's Guild (www.dmsguild.com) written by rob2e, which while I don't provide technical support for I do endorse because I know what rob2e is like with his stuff and because he ran it past me as a courtesy first.

This is indeed very interesting. Thanks for the update dulux-oz; It seems rob2e and I were working on the exact same thing! lol. There are some small differences of course, I was actually going to provide additional character files (Zacch's files) which contained effects loaded to work with ChatSounds for class-specific abilities such as smites, rage, etc. but I'll have to chat with Rob2e now so that I don't ruin his business model since I was planning on giving these files for free.

rob2e
June 25th, 2017, 19:22
This is indeed very interesting. Thanks for the update dulux-oz; It seems rob2e and I were working on the exact same thing! lol. There are some small differences of course, I was actually going to provide additional character files (Zacch's files) which contained effects loaded to work with ChatSounds for class-specific abilities such as smites, rage, etc. but I'll have to chat with Rob2e now so that I don't ruin his business model since I was planning on giving these files for free.

The mod I have on DMs Guild that I put together in conjunction with Dulux-Oz has over 500 sound triggers. Included are things such as rage, smite, and others mentioned. It will be updated on an ongoing basis periodically. I would be happy to put in things that you feel are missing.

whiteTiki
June 26th, 2017, 00:57
The mod I have on DMs Guild that I put together in conjunction with Dulux-Oz has over 500 sound triggers. Included are things such as rage, smite, and others mentioned. It will be updated on an ongoing basis periodically. I would be happy to put in things that you feel are missing.

Excellent! just purchased in DM Guild and it seems Rob2e and Dulux-Oz have done an excellent job, a better one that I could've done by myself (since I'm no code guy). I recommend to everyone who's reading this to go to the DM Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/) and download your sound module for FantasyGrounds. Rob2e stuff. here (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Rob%20Twohy).

rob2e
June 26th, 2017, 02:38
Excellent! just purchased in DM Guild and it seems Rob2e and Dulux-Oz have done an excellent job, a better one that I could've done by myself (since I'm no code guy). I recommend to everyone who's reading this to go to the DM Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/) and download your sound module for FantasyGrounds. Rob2e stuff. here (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Rob%20Twohy).

ThanX WhiteTiki! Appreciate the kind words. Let it be known also that Gwydion had a HUGE hand in the development of this tool.

Orsalak
June 28th, 2017, 02:59
So, if I were to purchase your extension Rob, what exactly would I need to do to get it working?

Install DOE Base [DONE]
Install DOE Sound Extension [DONE]
Purchase a subscription to Syrinscape [DONE - love the app :)]

Next Steps:
Purchase and Install Fantasy Grounds Sounds
Install TeamSpeak VoIP??? - saw something about this on the wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE_Sound_Extension#Setting_Up_The_Sound_System_Wi th_VoIP), I assume it's needed for your extension as well
Purchase and install module (https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm) from Dulux-Oz??? - I'm assuming this is optional

Any additional setup steps I missed?

rob2e
June 28th, 2017, 03:45
So, if I were to purchase your extension Rob, what exactly would I need to do to get it working?

Install DOE Base [DONE]

Next Steps:
Install TeamSpeak VoIP??? - saw something about this on the wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE_Sound_Extension#Setting_Up_The_Sound_System_Wi th_VoIP), I assume it's needed for your extension as well
Purchase and install module (https://www.matthewj.black/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm) from Dulux-Oz??? - I'm assuming this is optional

I use Discord for voice, but you CAN use TeamSpeak (if you're a giant fan on the year 2009 - ha just kidding!)...

Anyway, check out this YouTube video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3TRoS3gpM This is the setup for streaming on Twitch. If you're just using it for your kitchen table, this isn't necessary.

Talen
June 28th, 2017, 03:49
Rob and Dulux- what is the difference bnetween the mod on DMS Guild and the mod Dulux updates on a monthly basis? Do either provide sound links that are not part of Syrinscape but found elsewhere on the web?

Andraax
June 28th, 2017, 03:55
I use TeamSpeak because the sound quality of music, etc, is better, plus I can have my background sound pumped through another tab, which shows up as a different user in the channel. This gives me a few advantages - because as GM I have the "priority speaker" set for myself, the background sound automatically lowers when I'm talking. Also, the players can adjust the background sound volume (even muting it if they don't like it) without affecting my speaking volume as GM.

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2017, 03:56

Install DOE Base [DONE]

Next Steps:

Just to clarify - Rob's Module is a Module, not an Extension, so there is nothing extra needed apart from what's been listed:

FG Program
Syrinscape Program
DOE: Base Extension
DOE: Sound Extension

The DOM: SoundLink Library is also a Module, and there is some overlap between Rob's Module and mine. Rob's has a whole bunch of ChatSounds "pre-done" with the (obviously included) Syrinscape SoundLinks (focusing on 5E, I believe). Mine, on the other-hand, has every Syrinscape SoundLink for both the Fantasy Player and the Sci-Fi Player (over 3200 at the time of writing this), but no ChatSounds Entries - just the raw SoundLinks ready to be used however you want for any CoreRPG-child Ruleset. So the two Modules can be used in conjunction (if desired) because they compliment each other - but its not necessary to have both - although both Rob and I would appreciate it. :p Incidentally, the DOM: SoundLink Library is also going up on DM's Guild early in July, so watch that space. :)

You also may need Teamspeak, Discord or some other VoIP app if you want to pump the sound across the Internet to your players - or if the players also have Syrinscape the DOE: Sound can do that for you. Also, don't forget that Ben from Syrinscape has said that you're allowed to have three instances of Syrinscape using the same license, so for a GM and 5 players that's only two Syrinscape licenses (for example). And it doesn't have to be the GM who has the Syrinscape license - any player can be the "Sound Host" to save the GM money or computer or Internet upload load. :)

Cheers

Orsalak
June 28th, 2017, 04:19
That explanation helps a lot Dulux, thanks. Will people how buy your module via your website/paypal link, be able to download through DM's Guild once it's available? It would definitely be convenient to have access to the download through the DM's Guild site.

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 07:08
I am trying to get two sounds in a row to play off the same trigger. The example I am trying is for fireball.

I have the Pathfinder wizard sound set and there are a series of spoken "arcane" words and also a fireball (explosion sound).

No matter if I put the explosion or the spoken word in triggered sound or the chained (next sound) box, the explosion always goes first.

Any hints?

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2017, 07:31
I am trying to get two sounds in a row to play off the same trigger.

Can't be done.

As in, the system is designed for one Chatsound, one Trigger, one Sound.

However, as is explained in the Documentation (you know, the thing that nobody ever reads :p ) you can achieve the same thing by using the ChainSound feature.

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 07:37
I am typing in my iPad, so the screen is not in front of me.

There is a spot to put the text that triggers the sound.

There is a spot to make a sound link.

Then there is a "chain sound" box that seems to need an already built soundlink.

It does not matter which sound it put in the original box or the chain sound box, the order of the two sounds being played does not change.

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2017, 07:45
I am typing in my iPad, so the screen is not in front of me.

There is a spot to put the text that triggers the sound.

There is a spot to make a sound link.

Then there is a "chain sound" box that seems to need an already built soundlink.

It does not matter which sound it put in the original box or the chain sound box, the order of the two sounds being played does not change.

OK, so have you set an appropriate delay for the second sound in the chain - start with "10" (that's about 1 second). Also, the second sound DOES NOT need a Chatsound trigger. Only the first sound in the chain is a Chatsound, the 2nd and subsequent sounds are plain Soundlink Entries (not Chatsound Entries)

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 07:48
I did try different delays, will try even longer ones. The problem may be that the spoken words go on a bit and the explosion is pretty quick,

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2017, 07:50
I did try different delays, will try even longer ones. The problem may be that the spoken words go on a bit and the explosion is pretty quick,

So which two sounds are you using (the actual Syrinscape Soundset:Sound_Name(s))?

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 07:59
Erzen - Male wizard

Speak fire of death

fireball

I want speak fire of death to go first and then fireball.

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2017, 08:12
Try these settings (they work for me) - that's a ChatSound Entry and a SoundEntry - the Chatsound Entry is "Speak Fire Of Death" with the name changed.

Also, don't forget to hit the green "+" button whe you make a change, etc.

(The Cha

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 08:19
I will sleep and try it again tomorrow. I am getting exactly the same result even if I follow what your screen shot looks like, explosion sound and then the words.

Gwydion
June 28th, 2017, 14:11
Oops. Deleted as I saw what I responded to was already answered... :)P

Myrdin Potter
June 28th, 2017, 22:16
I was able to get the sounds to chain properly once I started from scratch.

I have another question.

I have been building sounds in my main campaign folder since the sound extension first came out and things were not exportable.

Now I can export miniboards and chat sounds and auto sounds. However, the sound set-up tab and the master sound tab does not export.

Since I only added delays to a few sounds, that did not seem like a big deal to me. I just dragged the delayed sounds to the miniboards and then exported and then used that sound (from the miniboard) in the chat sounds where I wanted to chain them.

It seems the delay setting does not export? Or maybe when you drag to the mini-board, the delay does not copy over?

dulux-oz
June 29th, 2017, 03:32
It seems the delay setting does not export? Or maybe when you drag to the mini-board, the delay does not copy over?

I don't know - I've never noticed it one way or the other. Let me take a look and I'll fix it if it needs fixing.

And yes, only Miniboards, Chatsounds and Autosounds are exportable - this is due to the way the FG-engine handles exports and the way I had to "hack" the URL system to get sounds to play. :) There's a fuller explanation somewhere in this thread (but I'm too lazy to go hunting for it :p )

Cheers

Cheers

Myrdin Potter
June 29th, 2017, 06:04
As far as I can tell, if I create a sound and have a delay, the link in the master sounds tab has the delay, but if I copy that to a miniboard the delay goes away.

Orsalak
July 1st, 2017, 03:36
Picked up your SoundLink library from DM Guild tonight! Looking forward to trying it out soon.

skj310
July 7th, 2017, 03:37
One thing to try in Linux is to setup a Windows command file to play each music file - a bit of a faff, but it seems to work.

@skj310 - On your Linux drive, create a text file gun-shot3.cmd

Edit this file in a text editor and have one line: winebrowser /home/skj310/Music/DnD/gun-shot3.mp3

winebrowser passes the second argument to Linux and Linux will decide the best application to play the .mp3 file.

Then you can use the full path to the gun-shot3.cmd in the /openwindow url command to test - and, hopefully, this will be the same path to use within DOE: Sound - i.e. the path to the .cmd file, don't include the test /openwindow url - just what comes after that.

EDIT:

Probably a better longer term solution would be to install a lightweight web server on the Linux box and put the audio files onto this. Then you could use a HTTP URL in DOE: Sound to player the audio through your browser.

I just thought I'd add a new piece/discovery onto this conversation with TRENLOE about using LX. I figured another way that works quite well within the above discussed .cmd file:
wineconsole cmd /c start /unix /usr/bin/vlc file:///home//skj310//Music//DnD//gun-shot3.mp3

The only part is to remember that you've setup VLC to run with just 1 instance. I make this point because I now use 2 type of cmd files:
1) uses winebrowser as already discussed, which will launch the default LX music player - I use this structure to play my soundeffect files that are linked with chatsounds
2) uses wineconsole as mentioned in this post, which launches VLC - I use this player for background musc, or ambiance sounds (sound links within story entries, locations, and NPC sheets)

skj310
July 7th, 2017, 03:44
Sorry to annoy Dulux-Oz, but did you see this post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=342535#post342535?

Hey there Dulux-Oz ... time to send you some grief, and this time related to magic characters. You story intro for the magic characters mentions the "ChatBox" so I am thinking that using magic characters will allow me to search for patterns that span individual strings? For example:

%[CAST%].*%[MISS%]
What am I doing with the above? Well I've setup a crap tonne of local sounds that are working excellent and I'm piping them to discord swimmingly ... but now I'm wanting more! What I'm thinking is to add in a generic MISS/FAIL sound for melee, for range, for spells. So I was thinking I can only do this using the magic characters and spanning usually 2 or 3 chatstrings. I've got some experience with pattern matching but clearly not adequate, and so i was hoping that you might be able to assist?

I am thinking that ought to span a couple lines of chatstrings. But unfortunately I am pretty sure that I've my pattern syntax wrong.

For a SPELL miss I'm looking at the following 3 chatstrings:

<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [CAST] Shocking Grasp [at Adult Gold Dragon]</font><br />
<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking Grasp</font> [1d20+2 = 16]<br />
<font color="#660066">Attack [16] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />
For a RANGE miss I'm looking at the following 2 chatstrings:

<font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow</font> [1d20+4 = 8]<br />
<font color="#660066">Attack [8] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />

I just wanted to see if you had a bit of time to help me work out using magic characters? A solid example will be most excellent!

dulux-oz
July 7th, 2017, 03:56
Sorry sk, busy and down with the flu at the moment - will get back to you as soon as I can, but it won't be soon.

Cheers

Erin Righ
July 7th, 2017, 04:42
Ick flu is serious, especially in the winter, take her easy and get lots of rest mate

LordEntrails
July 7th, 2017, 16:02
Ick flu is serious, especially in the winter, take her easy and get lots of rest mate
Winter? But it's 110 DegF here. Definitely summer!

Oh wait, is that my Ego/American centric, the world revolves around me, bias showing through?

But yea, rest up Dulux! I don't want to get up at 2am Sunday just to find you are too sick to kill us off!!

dulux-oz
July 7th, 2017, 17:27
I don't want to get up at 2am Sunday just to find you are too sick to kill us off!!

Won't be me that kills you off - the flu, maybe... or the Sathar... but not me <innocent halo shining around me head />

Ken L
July 8th, 2017, 22:13
I wish there was the ability to use one's own sounds. I know syrinscape has the soundset creator but that's on a SaaS model. Not sure I want to rent the ability to use my own mixed sounds. Here's the off chance unity has some kind of native sound support (probably not).

Gwydion
July 8th, 2017, 22:15
I wish there was the ability to use one's own sounds. I know syrinscape has the soundset creator but that's on a SaaS model. Not sure I want to rent the ability to use my own mixed sounds. Here's the off chance unity has some kind of native sound support (probably not).

Hey Ken. I actually use sounds I've purchased also or downloaded from tabletop audio. Although I donated to tabletop it is free. Once you download them u can trigger them using the dulux-oz doe sound extension by pointing to the proper url on your computer. Works like a charm! Point is you don't have to use syrinscape.

Gwydion
July 8th, 2017, 22:16
To be clear I use syrinscape too as I love it but use other sounds too.

Ken L
July 8th, 2017, 22:28
Either way I can't use it as it appears to be somewhat OS specific.

Gwydion
July 8th, 2017, 22:31

Sorry. Do you mean the DOE:sound ext is OS specific or tabletop audio? My only point is if the DOE:sound ext works for you u can use it to trigger sounds located on your hard drive. Tabletop audio was just a suggestion and there should be others like battlebards that might work for you.

Ken L
July 8th, 2017, 22:42
I was referring to this extension and syrinscape together, I can confirm on my system it will not play the sound using a direct file path. I'm interested in how MAC users fare here. Either way I already have a sound platform but the auto-sound was interesting.

Gwydion
July 8th, 2017, 22:57
I was referring to this extension and syrinscape together, I can confirm on my system it will not play the sound using a direct file path. I'm interested in how MAC users fare here. Either way I already have a sound platform but the auto-sound was interesting.

Got it.

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2017, 22:58
Dulux or someone else can jump in here, but I think both this extension and the DOE: OLE extension both use OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) protocols, which is a Microsoft technology. I don't think Linux or Mac support OLE's, or at least not without doing something extra.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2017, 23:47
See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension/page71&p=337255#post337255

And here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=345366&viewfull=1#post345366

For info on kicking off sounds on the local hard drive in Linux. It might give you some ideas.

Ken L
July 9th, 2017, 21:06
Ah, windows command scripts. Now that is crafty using wine-browser though. A good workaround, for the auto-sounds as there's only a handful of them. The remainder I'll continue with my audio server.

D34thbr1ng3r
July 22nd, 2017, 23:04
Still Can't figure a way to sound string hit, misses and criticals...

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 18:22
I bought the Fantasy Ground Sounds .mod file from DMSGuild. I did everything I was supposed to do. I put it in the .mod file section. I put the DOE extensions in the extensions folder. I clicked sounds for the tabs and opened up the library and turned on sounds from the option tab. When I press the chat sound purple button I get no sounds. I was wanting to test it out to see if I did it right.

rob2e
August 9th, 2017, 18:35
I bought the Fantasy Ground Sounds .mod file from DMSGuild. I did everything I was supposed to do. I put it in the .mod file section. I put the DOE extensions in the extensions folder. I clicked sounds for the tabs and opened up the library and turned on sounds from the option tab. When I press the chat sound purple button I get no sounds. I was wanting to test it out to see if I did it right.

Did you "turn on" the extensions for DOE base and DOE sound on the FG load screen? Also, did you open the sound module in the library?

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 18:42
Did you "turn on" the extensions for DOE base and DOE sound on the FG load screen? Yes.
Also, did you open the sound module in the library? Yes. When I opened up the Sound tab and went to the Chatsounds and selected Acid Splash, as an example, and pressed the purple button with the music symbol no sound. When I tried to put the trigger exactly how it was worded no sound.

rob2e
August 9th, 2017, 18:56
Yes. Yes. When I opened up the Sound tab and went to the Chatsounds and selected Acid Splash, as an example, and pressed the purple button with the music symbol no sound. When I tried to put the trigger exactly how it was worded no sound.

Did you have Syrenscape open?

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 19:03
Did you have Syrenscape open? Not at first had forgotton it. I'll try that and let you know.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 19:09
I started Syrinscape before Fantasy Grounds and that didn't work. I'm trying to use that video about streaming with Syrinscape first to see if that would help. I'll be working on that and let you know.

Andraax
August 9th, 2017, 19:47
If Syrinscape doesn't launch automatically, then you don't have your system setup properly to recognize those URI links as being for Syrinscape. To test this out, launch Syrinscape, put it into "Third Party Integration" mode, and select one of your sounds (should say it's copied to the clipboard at the top). Shutdown Syrinscape. Now, open a file manager window, and paste that URI into the address box. When you hit enter, it should launch Syrinscape and play your sound. If it doesn't then Syrinscape is not setup correctly.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 20:05
I think I'm getting what your trying to say. So, for some reason the DOE sound .mod file that plays the sounds is not linking to Fantasy Grounds, so what is going wrong do I have something not set up right? Or is it not linking to Syrinscape?

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 20:17
With you having the sound mod and syrinscape, things should be automatic. You also say that you definitely have sounds "on" in the options menu in FG. So, if you are following Rob's video, one more question. Are you using voicemeeter banana? If so and you have something set up wrong there, the sound might be playing and you just might not be hearing it. If you are using voicemeeter banana can you take a screenshot of your vm banana (or voicemeeter) setup and post it here? We can walk you through things that need to be changed to see if that helps.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 20:20
I tried to follow that video, but I couldn't find the Discord PTB file to download. The website said that as soon as they update they would send me a link.

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 20:23
I tried to follow that video, but I couldn't find the Discord PTB file to download. The website said that as soon as they update they would send me a link.

Got it. But are you using voicemeeter or just your standard computer sound setup?

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 20:25
Also, the public test build is VERY hard to find. See attached picture. You have to click the white words "public test build". Once you click that, then you should see a new download link for the PTB. Very confusing.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 20:27
I managed to get Voicemeeter to working for the sound for hearing the video, but I was trying to go past the step of finding the Discord PTB file and couldn't find one by searching.

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 20:31
I managed to get Voicemeeter to working for the sound for hearing the video, but I was trying to go past the step of finding the Discord PTB file and couldn't find one by searching.

What I'm wondering is if your syrinscape sounds are playing but if voicemeeter is jacked up somehow, you might not be hearing them in your headset. If you have voicemeter active while you are testing fantasy grounds and syrinscape, can you send us a screenshot of voicemeeter so we now how you have it set up? You can also completely shut down voicemeter to make sure sound is just coming straight through your speakers. Then when you test the sounds you should hear them. I'm trying not to confuse things, but keep in mind that syrinscape will play using whatever sound playback is active the moment you launch syrinscape. So, maybe start by shutting down voicemeeter (click on menu in vm and click on shut down voicemeeter). Then shut down syrinscape. Now launch syrinscape and your sounds default should just be your speakers. Now when you click on the link within fg, you should hear it. If that works, then your issue is just your voicemeeter setup. Hope that makes sense.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 20:43
Here's how I got it set up so far, I didn't exactly tweak it according to the video.20096

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 20:48
Here's how I got it set up so far, I didn't exactly tweak it according to the video.20096

Ok. So, you can do one of two things. You can follow the instructions to shut down voicemeeter completely from my prior email OR, you can leave voicemeeter up and shut down syrinscape only and the do the following:

1 - right click on your "speaker icon" at the bottom right of your computer (assuming windows....)
2 - Change both your recording AND playback devices to Cable B
3 - Open syrinscape and wait until it fully loads
4 - go back in and set your sound defaults back to Voicemeeter VAIO for playback and Voicmeeter output for recording
5 - go back into fantasy grounds and click one of the purple sound clefs and cross your fingers! :)

Click on a sound that might go on for a while and open voicemeeter to see if you see the sound playing as well.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 20:50
Give me a little while to try and I'll reply whether it worked or didn't work because I would like to get this solved in case someone else has the same problem.

Andraax
August 9th, 2017, 21:20
If you follow my directions, you'll know if Syrinscape is setup properly (the file manager should launch Syrinscape automatically if it's not running). If you don't see those results, first make sure Syrinscape is installed and running correctly. Without that part, you could spend hours on the rest and get nowhere.

All the DOE extension does is send that same string to the OS, just like the file manager does - so if it's not working through the file manager, it won't work through FG, either.

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 21:34
Andraax is right and I apologize for jumping in and "hijacking" this thread a bit. Wasn't my intention. I probably got the cart before the horse a bit....

Andraax
August 9th, 2017, 22:20
Always brings up funny images...

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAe4AAAAJDBhOTQ2ZjM0LWI5MDUtNGY4Mi1hNW FiLTIzYjBkMTIwOWJkMQ.png

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 22:30
Ha!!! Love it.... :)

Laerun
August 10th, 2017, 00:55

Did did enable game sound in the options section? Do you have a Syrinscape account? Do you have a fancy audio setup or using software like Voice Meter?

DM Laerun

theexxman
August 10th, 2017, 00:57
Okay. Thanks for all the help. I had to take a step back, grab something to eat, and see what else I can do. I'm going to try and do the tutorial step by step and see what happens. I will post later if anything does.

Laerun
August 10th, 2017, 02:38
The tutorial is for a hardware 1/8th inch jack. You have a USB mic like me, right? Okay, occasionally I have some audio conflict issues with the virtual cable drivers, Discord, and my USB headset . I usually reboot and do all the tutorial instructions all over again in order. The whole setup in that tutorial works, but it is a work around. If I close voicemeter by accident, or manually disconnect my USB cord from its slot it messes with the voice meter audio drivers. Also, try to make sure the kHz and frequency signals match, so like 44100 vs 48000...that will make things dicey at times. I work with audio software a lot and I have run into similar audio anomalies...so between Discord, Voicemeter, and Syrin scape, the audio signal and drivers get out of whack every so often . the 1/8th jack trips this error cycle less.. ..I load virtual cable B after a reboot, I perform the launch of syrinscape first, then change the audio selections back, then I launch discord PTB, and then my voice Discord. Often Discord messes up, so I have to reset the audio settings for Discord sometimes as well...I am tempted to start using my studio gear and doing a hardware mixer instead of USB and virtual.

theexxman
August 10th, 2017, 11:12
I think I solved it. I bought a subscription to Syrinscape and I tried downloading most of the sound sets. When I went into Fantasy Grounds the sounds worked.

Gwydion
August 10th, 2017, 14:18
I think I solved it. I bought a subscription to Syrinscape and I tried downloading most of the sound sets. When I went into Fantasy Grounds the sounds worked.

So Andraax was certainly on the right track. You definitely need to own the syrinscape soundsets (or have the subscription for them) and have the soundsets loaded in order for them to trigger. Glad you got is sorted.

Glad
August 12th, 2017, 12:20
Hi there!
Sorry if the questions has been asked already but I cant find answers in the wikipage :

1° Is there a way to create a chatsound that would play a random sound across a predefinite list of sounds in a specific folder?
What about playing by default a random item in the folder if no title is specified or something like this?

2° The name of the character before any action (cast, attack etc.) seems not to trigger anything I guess it is not considered somehow as text sent to players? (even if it seems so?)

3° What is the Chain sound ?

Thanks for this extension, really awesome

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2017, 12:32
Hi there!
Sorry if the questions has been asked already but I cant find answers in the wikipage :

1° Is there a way to create a chatsound that would play a random sound across a predefinite list of sounds in a specific folder?
What about playing by default a random item in the folder if no title is specified or something like this?

2° The name of the character before any action (cast, attack etc.) seems not to trigger anything I guess it is not considered somehow as text sent to players? (even if it seems so?)

3° What is the Chain sound ?

Thanks for this extension, really awesome

No, but it might be a nice idea for a new feature.
I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. But as a general rule you probably don't want to create Chat Sounds that trigger of player's/character's names - in general it makes them less useful
No idea - unless you meant to ask "What is a Chain sound?" in which case the answer is a series of two or more sounds chained together so that they occur as a sequence off of one trigger event.

Glad you like it

Cheers

Trenloe
August 12th, 2017, 18:30
As Dulux_Oz mentions you can't specifically do exactly this with the DOE Extension. However, it is possible with other applications triggered from the extension.

For example: if you're using Syrinscape you could use the Soundset Creator (https://syrinscape.com/about-syrinscape/syrinscape-soundset-creator/)to setup a "one-shot" element with a bunch of different sounds in the element playlist that are set to Sample Playlist Order of "Random".

Exalted
August 14th, 2017, 21:56
Hey folks,

First, thanks for all your work, both Dulux-oz and the rest of the community.

Secondly, I'm using the extension with the Gurps community ruleset.

I've managed to use Chatsounds playing straight from my local drive, as I'll be using FG to supplement my "in person" sessions. But I've not been able to, using chatsounds, auto trigger a sound when an attack roll is made. I copy and paste the chat output generated by the attack, but doesn't seem to work. Since every attack outputs a slightly different text (cause of variable margin of success and other variables), I tried both using the full text output, eg "[RANGED]
NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]", which would only trigger when another attack generated the same exact results, as well as "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14)", which would be ideal for me as it would trigger no matter what (miss, hit, number of hits etc).

Here's a screenshot, if that's any help:
https://imgur.com/a/t2WBi

Any ideas on how to make it work?

Dr0W
August 15th, 2017, 07:36

You can also, if you know your way around coding, insert Autosound triggers directly into the ruleset. This way you can make it as random as you want, and have way more control on when it triggers. This is how I've done, but it requires a lot more work than simply setting an Chatsound trigger.

Glad
August 15th, 2017, 08:45
Hey folks,

First, thanks for all your work, both Dulux-oz and the rest of the community.

Secondly, I'm using the extension with the Gurps community ruleset.

I've managed to use Chatsounds playing straight from my local drive, as I'll be using FG to supplement my "in person" sessions. But I've not been able to, using chatsounds, auto trigger a sound when an attack roll is made. I copy and paste the chat output generated by the attack, but doesn't seem to work. Since every attack outputs a slightly different text (cause of variable margin of success and other variables), I tried both using the full text output, eg "[RANGED]
NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]", which would only trigger when another attack generated the same exact results, as well as "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14)", which would be ideal for me as it would trigger no matter what (miss, hit, number of hits etc).

Here's a screenshot, if that's any help:
https://imgur.com/a/t2WBi

Any ideas on how to make it work?

You should try to use 2 or 3 of the triggers fields, it saved me a lot of time with the exact kind of issues you having.
I don't know the game you referring to but if I can try an example:
"[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]"
Try "NatArms Rifle Bust" first, in one first field and test it, this should trigger anytime this weapon is used
Now if you want this weapon sound just in a specific case (success, failure etc.) just add a second trigger below the first field as "Success!" to trigger it only in the success case.

Glad
August 15th, 2017, 08:51
As Dulux_Oz mentions you can't specifically do exactly this with the DOE Extension. However, it is possible with other applications triggered from the extension.

For example: if you're using Syrinscape you could use the Soundset Creator (https://syrinscape.com/about-syrinscape/syrinscape-soundset-creator/)to setup a "one-shot" element with a bunch of different sounds in the element playlist that are set to Sample Playlist Order of "Random".

Thanks Trenloe but after a year using Syrinscape I found it way too expensive for a renting content and i was somewhat unsatified about the quality of a lot of sounds (maybe jsut a settings problem on my side though the Fireball sound is just terrible for eg.)

You can also, if you know your way around coding, insert Autosound triggers directly into the ruleset. This way you can make it as random as you want, and have way more control on when it triggers. This is how I've done, but it requires a lot more work than simply setting an Chatsound trigger.
Thanks for the idea but unfortunatly I'm not familiar with coding at all.

Glad
August 15th, 2017, 09:59
Little post in order to share ideas/experience about some of the Chatsound triggers I created for my DD5E campains. Maybe it will help some new users of this incredible extension, anyfeedback are welcome:

*TURN sound
Trigger 1 : TURN
Trigger 2: Creaturename
--> plays a sound at the begining of the creature/hero turn

*Specific weapon attack sound:
Trigger 1: ATTACK
Trigger 2: Weapon name
--> sound when someone is using the specific weapon attacking

*Specific weapon dealing damage:
Trigger 1: DAMAGE
Trigger 2: Weapon name
--> sound when the specific weapon damage is rolled

*General HIT-when-attacked-sound
Trigger 1: HIT]
--> a sound confirming an attack hit

*General MISS-when-attacked-sound
Trigger 1: MISS]
--> a nice sound of a sword through the air confirming a general attack missed

*Creature hurt sound
Trigger 1: Damage
Trigger 2: Creaturename] [S
--> triggers when the creature takes damage that change its status (I have the detailed status option visible for players).
For a player damaged, just remove the "] [S" part of the second trigger

*Creature dead sound
Trigger 1: Damage
Trigger 2: Creaturename
Trigger 3: DAMAGE
--> plays a sound when the creature dies

*Crit/fumble sounds
Trigger 1: CRITICAL HIT / AUTOMATIC MISS
--> plays a sound when a CRIT / fumble is scored

*Spell cast sound
Trigger 1: CAST
Trigger 2: Spellname
-> plays a sound when the spell is cast

*Spell damage sound
Trigger 1: DAMAGE
Trigger 2: Spellname
--> explicit I guess

Sequence during a combat would then be:
1) new unit turn -> specific unit sound
2) attack or spell cast -> specific spell cast/weapon attack sound
HIT or MISS -> general sound
3) damage rolled if any (weapon of spell) -> specific weapon/spell damage sound
damage applied to creature/hero -> specific unit sound // damage applied resulting in a death -> specific unit sound

Its a lot of work to do this for each monster (3 sounds for each + attacks/spells) but its really really immersive. You will have to play with the delay field if you are not using Syrinscape in order to avoid a sound killing the previous one. Creating sounds only for the players weapons/spells/turn/damaged can be a very good begining though. With couple of ambience musics (short though as they are easily annoying) and a nice combat playlist...I cant tell how much I love this extension :D

Exalted
August 15th, 2017, 15:35
You should try to use 2 or 3 of the triggers fields, it saved me a lot of time with the exact kind of issues you having.
I don't know the game you referring to but if I can try an example:
"[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]"
Try "NatArms Rifle Bust" first, in one first field and test it, this should trigger anytime this weapon is used
Now if you want this weapon sound just in a specific case (success, failure etc.) just add a second trigger below the first field as "Success!" to trigger it only in the success case.

Thanks for the reply Glad, but still couldn't get it to work, whether using one or more triggers. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, as it does work when I mannually write the trigger in the chatbox:
https://imgur.com/KVCeSqe

Glad
August 15th, 2017, 15:58
Make sure your rolls are visible to the players in your options, you need the string text to "travel" trough users in order to trigger.
Apart from this advice, I have no further idea.

Exalted
August 15th, 2017, 16:07
That did it! I thought the "travel" part was only necessary if using it over some type of VoIp. Thank you!

Now it's just a matter of moving the chat window out of the screen so the players can't see my rolls on the TV:D

kmfdm
August 20th, 2017, 21:56
Ive hit a snag after a year of using this Extension perfectly.

For some reason the last two months, our Crossbow sound does not work anymore.
Everything else works, except attacking with a Crossbow.

Any ideas?
I did clear Syrinscape data and start a new Sound trigger but nothing seems to work.

Screenshot (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNXz6J05z7fMHpWelBqYUpETFU/view?usp=sharing)

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2017, 22:06
Your player put a silencer on their crossbow?

Gwydion
August 21st, 2017, 03:04
Ive hit a snag after a year of using this Extension perfectly.

For some reason the last two months, our Crossbow sound does not work anymore.
Everything else works, except attacking with a Crossbow.

Any ideas?
I did clear Syrinscape data and start a new Sound trigger but nothing seems to work.

Screenshot (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNXz6J05z7fMHpWelBqYUpETFU/view?usp=sharing)

Ok, I just tested this several times. If you set them each individually they will trigger fine. I believe (although I don't use them), that if you put something in both the first "trigger box" and also in the second "trigger box) (like your screenshot with crossbow and hand crossbow), that the sound module is looking for BOTH triggers in chat before it plays the sound. I don't believe it looks for either/or. I think that is the issue.

dulux-oz
August 21st, 2017, 03:11
Ok, I just tested this several times. If you set them each individually they will trigger fine. I believe (although I don't use them), that if you put something in both the first "trigger box" and also in the second "trigger box) (like your screenshot with crossbow and hand crossbow), that the sound module is looking for BOTH triggers in chat before it plays the sound. I don't believe it looks for either/or. I think that is the issue.

Yes, Gwydion is correct: multiple Triggers on a Chat Sound must ALL be present (in the order they appear in the Triggers) - they are an "AND" function, not an "OR" function.

kmfdm
August 21st, 2017, 04:56
Ah so my misunderstanding of the triggers and adding Hand Crossbow, because all monster stats have it written that way, made me break it. Thank you for testing that Gwydion and D-O for explaining it (as well as the extension).

darrenan
August 27th, 2017, 18:20
Triggering Syrinscape sounds using this extension has recently stopped working for me. I have been using it regularly for over a year, and I suspect that a recent OS upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update might have changed something. Here's the post I filed in the Syrinscape support forums, but cross-posting here in case anyone else has any ideas of things to try, or at least places to look to see what might have changed to cause it to no longer work:

https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/3rd-party-integration-stopped-working/2391

EDIT: Seems to be working today, where it wasn't yesterday. Go figure.

FyreM
August 28th, 2017, 03:57
hi, I am new (to the sound extention)

in the Sound Mod Manual in game it says :
"There is also a Library Module of SoundLinks avaliable from the Extentions Authro's website (the link is on the first p[ost of the DOE:Sound Extension Thread of the Fantasy Grounds Froums and in the links section of the manual)."

so on the OP it mentiones:
A Library of SoundLinks is also available here from the DM's Guild. and it points to
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/215364/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--July-2017?filters=45469_0_0_0_0_0
which, accounding to DMsguild, is a missing item

and the links section of the Manual has...
https://www.dulux-oz.peregrineit.net/fantasy_grounds_sound_module.htm?utm_campaign=Self Promote
which seams to be a 404.

so, It seems I am lost here.

dulux-oz
August 28th, 2017, 04:18
Yeah, I've got to update all of those :)

If you do a search on DM's Guild for "DOM Soundlink Library" you'll find it - but I'd wait a few days if I was you, as in the first couple of days of each month a new version comes out. The new version (September 2017) is being finalized now.

Cheers

FyreM
August 28th, 2017, 04:55
Yep. Basically, as long as the "sound string" you provide will work within your internet browser then you can potentially start anything. If you're pointing to a file, the type (file extension) of that file must be set to auto start a relevant application.

For example, if I have a file: D:\Temp\preview.mp3 and .mp3 files auto-run in Windows Media Player (or whatever player you use) then just adding D:\Temp\preview.mp3 as the "sound string" in the sounds extension will open your media player and play the file D:\Temp\preview.mp3 when you click the sound link. If you've setup your media player to output to the music channel you have on TS then you'll be golden.

A good test is to try the sound string in your Internet browser first and see if it works before you add it to FG.

is there any way to get this information closer to post #1 or in the manual .. instead of post #73

skj310
August 30th, 2017, 13:25
Hey there Dulux ... as always, excellent work!
One FEATURE REQUEST on your module. Would you consider modifying the chatsound portion of the code to include the source in the sound string? e.g. the chat window shows:

Adult Gold Dragon: [DAMAGE] Fire breath
Within the chatsound i'd like to include "Adult Gold Dragon:" as the 1st of the 3 triggers. In other words I'm thinking i'd like to add a very specific sound for when the Adult Gold Dragon uses his fire breath as compared to some other dragon. I noted that i'm not able to use the person/creature as 1 of the 3 triggers. Hence i'm thinking this ought to be a feature request for your module?

Cheers!

dulux-oz
August 30th, 2017, 14:03
Hey there Dulux ... as always, excellent work!
One FEATURE REQUEST on your module. Would you consider modifying the chatsound portion of the code to include the source in the sound string? e.g. the chat window shows:

Adult Gold Dragon: [DAMAGE] Fire breath
Within the chatsound i'd like to include "Adult Gold Dragon:" as the 1st of the 3 triggers. In other words I'm thinking i'd like to add a very specific sound for when the Adult Gold Dragon uses his fire breath as compared to some other dragon. I noted that i'm not able to use the person/creature as 1 of the 3 triggers. Hence i'm thinking this ought to be a feature request for your module?

Cheers!

Not quite sure what you're asking - a ChatSound Trigger can be any part of the text that appears in the Chat Window, so if "Adult Gold Dragon" appears in the Chat Window it can be used as a ChatSound Trigger - but you seem to be saying you can't get that to work, is that right?

skj310
August 30th, 2017, 15:44
Exactly correct!
It seems like within the chat window there's an "author" section suffixed with a colon. That seems to be the part of the chat window text that is not quite part of the chatsound string. Now there are times when performing an action might contain a secondary or tertiary string, and within 1 of them might appear the author ... BUT those actions are not so common and besides i can't create a chatsound that has triggers in separate strings within the window, even if they are related to the 1 action. Check the attached image:

See ... the red box around the authors name. I can't seem to use those author/source as 1 of the 3 triggers within a chatsound's config. Hence i figured "feature request".

Hope that makes it clearer.

dulux-oz
August 30th, 2017, 16:19
OK, let me look into it (but it may not be possible, based on how the Chat triggers actually work) - I'll see what I can do

FyreM
August 30th, 2017, 19:58
I had attempted to do simular Chat triggers based on the Players name part of the line. But i also discovered that those triggers never.. well.. triggered.

FyreM
September 2nd, 2017, 06:29
Yeah, I've got to update all of those :)

If you do a search on DM's Guild for "DOM Soundlink Library" you'll find it - but I'd wait a few days if I was you, as in the first couple of days of each month a new version comes out. The new version (September 2017) is being finalized now.

Cheers

I picked up september's version, .. thanks for the hard work.

dulux-oz
September 2nd, 2017, 07:21
I picked up september's version, .. thanks for the hard work.

Geez, that was quick. I only posted it about an hour before your post :)

Glad you like things

Cheers

FyreM
September 2nd, 2017, 07:41
in the All Sounds (Alphabetical) there is one named "Death Attack"
https://imgur.com/a/SBmuC
(not having any luck embeding the picture)

there doesn't seem to be any Ninja soundset...... ??

update: same for "death from above (Ninja)"

dulux-oz
September 2nd, 2017, 08:06
in the All Sounds (Alphabetical) there is one named "Death Attack"
https://imgur.com/a/SBmuC
(not having any luck embeding the picture)

there doesn't seem to be any Ninja soundset...... ??

update: same for "death from above (Ninja)"

Yeah, the Ninja Soundset was a "gag" Soundset: every sound was simply "silence" - Ben pulled it after a month or two, but I'm trying to convince him to put it back :)

Exalted
September 2nd, 2017, 11:51
Hey Dulux-Oz,

I understand that for the extension to work GM rolls must be set to visible, otherwise ChatSounds won't trigger. This of course make it impossible to hide the rolls from the players if playing online. Is there a workaround for this? Maybe opening up a second instance of FG on my computer and have my rolls be only visible to that that second local client only - while other players connected to session won't be able to see them?

arcanjl
September 21st, 2017, 19:32
Do you know if this will work with the new version 3.3.2?

Gwydion
September 21st, 2017, 19:33

I have played with it a bit and everything seems good but I would test it yourself as well.

arcanjl
September 21st, 2017, 19:35
Awesome - thank you!

dulux-oz
September 22nd, 2017, 03:13

Yes, it works, as do all of the current DOEs - at least they haven't broke for me (so that's the same thing, as far as I'm concerned) - I just haven't had a chance to update the forums, etc, yet (life: gawd it SUX!).

darrenan
September 24th, 2017, 21:06
Did a quick search of this thread and didn't see anything, please excuse me if this has already been identified as an issue: When creating a new mini-board, it is not placed in the currently selected group.

Also, how hard would it be to have miniboards, autosounds, and chatsounds share group definitions? Currently it appears that they don't, and the same group has to be created separately for each of those.

EDIT: One more minor thing: When switching to a specific group, it continues showing the group name next to each item in the list. This is inconsistent with groups in other places which only show the group name if you have "All" selected.

dulux-oz
September 25th, 2017, 02:39
Let me look into all of those - thanks darrenan :)

birdskull
October 5th, 2017, 18:29
I have a problem where chatsounds doesn't trigger. They worked before the last update. :/

Gwydion
October 5th, 2017, 19:17
I have a problem where chatsounds doesn't trigger. They worked before the last update. :/

Welcome to the forum, birdskull! Hmm... Mine seem to still work fine. I don't believe anything in the last update should have changed/broken anything. One thing I always check when sounds stop working for me is confirm none of my sounds settings changed on my computer (or discord/teamspeak) if you use those. Those things typically reset after a windows update but if you're talking about an FG update, that shouldn't change anything. Can you still trigger sounds manually within syrinscape and also manually by clicking on the chatsound itself?

birdskull
October 5th, 2017, 19:29
Yeah. I can trigger them in Syrinscape, I can trigger soundthemes from Syrinscape with pins on maps, I can even get the chatsounds to play if I press the purple icons. But for some reason they don't actually play when the trigger appears in chat.

birdskull
October 5th, 2017, 19:34
I tested a tincy bit more, and it turns out they work if players triggers them.
*sneaks out in shame*

Gwydion
October 5th, 2017, 19:35
Yeah. I can trigger them in Syrinscape, I can trigger soundthemes from Syrinscape with pins on maps, I can even get the chatsounds to play if I press the purple icons. But for some reason they don't actually play when the trigger appears in chat.

Ok.. Stupid question. Have you changed any options within FG? Forgive me if you know this already, but a couple things. One, if you change options to where your players don't receive results/rolls then since the chat does get transmitted over the internet, the sound won't trigger. If you did not change any options, does the sound definitely not trigger in a game when someone else is connected to you? Meaning, it won't trigger if you are testing by yourself because the chat isn't going over the internet. I usually connect with localhost as a second instance and try to trigger from a player in that instance to check my sounds.

If you already know the above, let us know and we will keep troubleshooting and get you squared away!

Gwydion
October 5th, 2017, 19:36
I tested a tincy bit more, and it turns out they work if players triggers them.
*sneaks out in shame*

[excellent... I say quietly]

deifdark
October 10th, 2017, 08:53
I copied a simple .wav file to my local filesystem, setup a new Setup and Sound and no joy - no sound plays. Also tried copying the .wav file into the FG Wine wrapper - still no joy. So, given Dulux-Oz has tested my campaign and confirms its working, that eliminates the extension and FG. I'm guessing FG isn't interfacing to Wine's Audio drivers correctly or there's a conflict somewhere in the wrapper configuration. Which is a shame as I would have enjoyed using the extension directly from within FG.

I'll carrying on digging when I get some more time and I'll update this thread if I find anything helpful.

Hello.
I think I have the same problem as Zeus. I have installed FG on Mac through Wine and I donīt get reproduce any sound. Iīve tried with local sounds file but still no sound. Of course is "On" in FG options. Help

dulux-oz
October 10th, 2017, 09:26
Hi deifdark,

Yes, its a known issue - it won't work on a Mac, sorry.

deifdark
October 10th, 2017, 10:08
Donīt worry dulux-oz. Thanks for your attention.

skj310
October 10th, 2017, 10:33
Donīt worry dulux-oz. Thanks for your attention.

I wanted to comment as I've wine and DOE sound working great on my install, but that's LX and wine, not Mac. so don't think it's the same,but perhaps it is, and if so then look for my posts in this thread as I've explained how I got wine to work with SFX and ambient music simultaneously. One method uses winebrowser the other wine console.

Dunno if this works for Mac, but perhaps..... good luck.

dulux-oz
October 10th, 2017, 11:24
Well, if it does work on Mac then that'd be a first - and something to be really excited about.

Unfortunately, I think its been tried before without success - but having said that, try it out and see how you go - I'd love to be proved wrong and so have the DOE: Sound available to everyone.

Thanks for the input skj

JHale1966
October 10th, 2017, 11:42
What about if you run the system under Parallels? I primarily use my Dell for FG gaming but am pondering the idea of hooking up my MAC mini to the 60'' TV in the living room for possible FG goodness.

skj310
October 10th, 2017, 12:22
I suspect if you run FG on your Dell as the GM (server) and therefore DOE sound is running there, then using your Mac as a client (i.e. player), you ought to be golden!

that's just a quick thought without knowing more details on what u r doing.

JHale1966
October 10th, 2017, 12:24
I suspect if you run FG on your Dell as the GM (server) and therefore DOE sound is running there, then using your Mac as a client (i.e. player), you ought to be golden!

that's just a quick thought without knowing more details on what u r doing.

I was thinking of actually running the games from the MAC on the large TV. I figured that since Parallels allows you to actually install Windows that it should work.

skj310
October 10th, 2017, 12:41
ah OK, ignorant I be. didn't know what parallels was. but if u r talking virtual machines, I would think so. I often run Windows virtual machines using Oracle virtual box, and the sound is fine. I even had FG running on a Windows VM in azure... although in the case of azure I never tried DOE sound cause I didn't have time to transfer sound files.

dulux-oz
October 11th, 2017, 05:49
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with the new 13th Age Ruleset and Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.

kmfdm
October 15th, 2017, 16:40
Ok starting a new Campaign started setting up sounds, but no Chat-Sounds work on Rolls.
I was confused so I reloaded my old campaign and those don't work either now.
But If I type in the trigger to Chat it does work.
Am I missing something?

Tried reloading the extensions but nothing works now.

Screenshot of Chat-Sound Triggering (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNXz6J05z7fVXh6dm5TUm1ISVU/view?usp=sharing)

Example of Chat Trigger I can't get to work

Gwydion
October 15th, 2017, 16:58
Ok starting a new Campaign started setting up sounds, but no Chat-Sounds work on Rolls.
Am I missing something?

Screenshot of Chat-Sound Triggering (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNXz6J05z7fVXh6dm5TUm1ISVU/view?usp=sharing)

Make sure you have show results on and show roll totals. Otherwise it won't work.

kmfdm
October 15th, 2017, 17:32
Make sure you have show results on and show roll totals. Otherwise it won't work.

Oh man it worked! Thank you, I can stop baning my head into the wall now...

Gwydion
October 15th, 2017, 17:38
Oh man it worked! Thank you, I can stop baning my head into the wall now...

Excellent!

dulux-oz
October 16th, 2017, 02:58
Another one for the FAQ, huh? :)

Exalted
October 23rd, 2017, 01:47
Hey Dulux, is it possible to enable "hovering" titles on mouse hover for the sound links themselves?

dulux-oz
October 23rd, 2017, 02:34
Sorry, do you mean "Tooltips": where some sort of information is displayed when the mouse is positioned (hovered) over the SoundLink?

If that's what you mean, then I'll look into it, OK? If not, then what do you mean? :)

Cheers

TimeForAPint
October 24th, 2017, 22:37
Is there any way to incorporate my own sounds into this? Either through the extension or to add them to my Syrinscape installation?

Rilmarion
October 24th, 2017, 23:18
Okay, been searching and I can't seem to find the answer to this, or may just be missing it totally.

So if the chat output I am triggering off of is the following:

[ATTACK (M)] Dagger
Attack [27] -> [at Stoken Arro] [HIT]

How or can I set up the triggers so that when a dagger is making attack, it plays SOUND A if the attack HIT, SOUND B if it misses, SOUND C if it's CRITS, SOUND D if it AUTOMATICALLY MISSES?

seycyrus
October 25th, 2017, 01:11
How or can I set up the triggers so that when a dagger is making attack, it plays SOUND A if the attack HIT, SOUND B if it misses, SOUND C if it's CRITS, SOUND D if it AUTOMATICALLY MISSES?

You have to incorporate the messages that appear in the chat window. So for your first case, you would trigger off of (for example) "Attack","Dagger" and "HIT".

seycyrus
October 25th, 2017, 01:12
Is there any way to incorporate my own sounds into this? Either through the extension or to add them to my Syrinscape installation?

Yes, people do it all the time. You just need to set up the filepath to the sound file.

Rilmarion
October 25th, 2017, 02:14
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274977928058503168/372502280680898560/Untitled.jpg

If I do that, it doesn't work. It stop working as soon as I put the third trigger of hit on. With just the first trigger or the first and second, it plays the sound when ever the first line is seen in chat:

[ATTACK (M)] Dagger

But when I add that third line, it no longer plays the sound, on a HIT or MISS.

TimeForAPint
October 25th, 2017, 02:37
Yes, people do it all the time. You just need to set up the filepath to the sound file.

Where do I do this?

Rilmarion
October 25th, 2017, 02:59
Where do I do this?

Would writing the directory location in the "string' field work?

TimeForAPint
October 25th, 2017, 03:33
Would writing the directory location in the "string' field work?

Why yes, yes it does!

Exalted
October 25th, 2017, 23:27
Sorry, do you mean "Tooltips": where some sort of information is displayed when the mouse is positioned (hovered) over the SoundLink?

If that's what you mean, then I'll look into it, OK? If not, then what do you mean? :)

Cheers

That's precisely what I meant! I organize some sounds like directly into the map (I know you advise against it :D) and sometimes it's hard to remember what is what. Thanks a bunch.

seycyrus
October 26th, 2017, 03:02
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274977928058503168/372502280680898560/Untitled.jpg

If I do that, it doesn't work. It stop working as soon as I put the third trigger of hit on. With just the first trigger or the first and second, it plays the sound when ever the first line is seen in chat:

[ATTACK (M)] Dagger

But when I add that third line, it no longer plays the sound, on a HIT or MISS.

Can you post a screen shot of the chat window, that shows what the output looks like that you are trying to trigger off of?

Rilmarion
October 26th, 2017, 04:45
Can you post a screen shot of the chat window, that shows what the output looks like that you are trying to trigger off of?

If you looked at the attached file, I rolled a dagger attack twice.

The first one is when the Player (me joined table as a player using the join Localhost) rolls. It shows the Attack Result first on a line, then the Attack Type second on a new line.

The second one is Me rolling the attack through the DM window, be it that player or a NPC. When I the DM roll, it shows the Attack Type on first line, then Attack Result on second line.

TimeForAPint
October 27th, 2017, 20:05
Am I missing something?

I have both of those options on, but I still have the exact same problem - typing triggers in a chat bubble works, while the same triggers from dice rolling do nothing. Any other ideas?

Gwydion
October 27th, 2017, 20:12
I have both of those options on, but I still have the exact same problem - typing triggers in a chat bubble works, while the same triggers from dice rolling do nothing. Any other ideas?

Whenever something shows a "?" in front of it, it is not being sent over the internet to the players. So, your first one that says "does not work" has a ? in front of it which is why it doesn't work. I think in this case since you are testing it from the character's sheet as the GM, FG consider it a "GM roll". In options in FG under "Game (GM), if Chat: show GM rolls is set to "off" (which mine are), then your rolls will NOT trigger sounds but the player rolls will if they roll from their character sheet. Hope that makes sense....

TimeForAPint
October 27th, 2017, 20:28
That makes good sense, and good info on the ?. In my case, though, I have a separate client connected, so I'm sure(?) I am sending it over the internet. Here's my ss

roll not working ss

I tried as the player, as the GM using the player, but only the chat bubble produces sound.

Gwydion
October 27th, 2017, 20:44
That makes good sense, and good info on the ?. In my case, though, I have a separate client connected, so I'm sure(?) I am sending it over the internet. Here's my ss

roll not working ss

I tried as the player, as the GM using the player, but only the chat bubble produces sound.

Ok. Now I'm speculating a bit here, but based on your screenshot can you try something? In the option that says "Chat: Set GM voice to active CT", you have it set to "on". The default (and what I use) is "off". Can you toggle that option off and try again? I'm not 100% positive this is the issue but it is possible that it is.

TimeForAPint
October 27th, 2017, 20:50
No dice (get it). I have actually tried pretty much every permutation of those settings possible and none seems to make a difference. This must be something simple.

Gwydion
October 27th, 2017, 20:53
Darnit. I must be missing something easy too. Let me keep thinking about it. We know things are working because it is picking up the chat bubble for sounds which is good. Can you post the sound trigger itself so I can look at that as well? I assume it is just "Longsword" but would like to look at it.

TimeForAPint
October 27th, 2017, 21:03
Darnit. I must be missing something easy too. Let me keep thinking about it. We know things are working because it is picking up the chat bubble for sounds which is good. Can you post the sound trigger itself so I can look at that as well? I assume it is just "Longsword" but would like to look at it.

Hah! Ok so because I made my trigger very generic ("Longsword") it was being overridden by other, more specific ones ("[ATTACK (M)] Longsword") (I think) for which I didn't have a valid sound string set up. Apparently if multiple sounds have the same trigger, they don't all play. Not sure how it chooses which one to play, but that's what was happening with me.

Once I got that sorted, they're working fine. Really appreciate your help!

Gwydion
October 27th, 2017, 21:05
Hah! Ok so because I made my trigger very generic ("Longsword") it was being overridden by other, more specific ones ("[ATTACK (M)] Longsword") (I think) for which I didn't have a valid sound string set up. Apparently if multiple sounds have the same trigger, they don't all play. Not sure how it chooses which one to play, but that's what was happening with me.

Once I got that sorted, they're working fine. Really appreciate your help!

Yep... That is most definitely true! So glad you found it.

skj310
October 28th, 2017, 00:49
[ATTACK (M)] Dagger
Attack [27] -> [at Stoken Arro] [HIT]

Hey there Rilmarion
You've bumped into an issue that has been discussed within this thread, and your answer is deep within posts in this huge thread.
Simple answer is that you can't do what you are wanting. In the code window above there are 2 separate chat window lines. When setting up a chatsound it is BASED ONE SINGLE LINE. Therefore you configure your chatsound as against either "[ATTACK (M)] Dagger" or some flavour of "Attack [27] -> [at Stoken Arro] [HIT]"

To get around what you've asked I've configured that all ATTACK (M/R) Weapon are hit sounds, and then if it's a MISS I have a 2nd chatsound. So in FG the first sound is triggered when they swing, and they get a hit sound, then when the MISS is spooled on a separate chat window line it triggers a 2nd chatsound ... see my attached images.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21209&d=1509147899

So in essence that one swing and MISS will trigger 2 separate DOE chatsounds.

The secret is to remember that you CAN ONLY CONFIGURE a chatsound based off of ONE LINE in the chat window, and you ARE NOT ABLE to use the prefix name of the PC or NPC that is triggering the sound (name within the red box in next attached image):
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21211&d=1509148100

Hope that answers your question ...

skj310
October 28th, 2017, 00:55
And one more thing ... if you wanna listen to the sounds you've just configured ... please open an 2nd localhost FG session (which is explained in the forums how this is done, if you don't know), and JOIN your soundeffect config campaign. It's that 2nd FG session that JOINS the first that you use to listen to the results of your configuration. Because for some reason, you aren't able to listen to ALL and EVERY chatsound that you configure and wanna test from your 1st FG session. That was a big headache to figure out and fix!

dulux-oz
October 28th, 2017, 02:24
... Not sure how it chooses which one to play...

As per the manual, it will play the one with the longest match.

birdskull
November 1st, 2017, 18:27
Is it possible to make soundlinks in one campaign, export it to a module and have the links work after importing the module to my main campaign?

Andraax
November 1st, 2017, 18:31
You have to put them into a miniboard, then they'll export. (Pretty sure that's in the documentation...)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2017, 02:38
Yeap, Andraax is correct - on both counts (Exporting as a Miniboard and this info being in the manual).

trobadork
November 7th, 2017, 15:30
Hi everyone !

This extension is a great one, but I need a little help on something I try to do...

I'm not fond of Syrinscape, and wanna use this extension to trigger music on my players computer. I tried some things and saw that when I paste a file in the FG directory I can trigger the audio of my players (who pasted the same file at the same location). Great !

But I have a player with a mac... She doesn't have the same hierarchy in her folders and I don't understand how wine function... Anyone has an Idea ?

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2017, 15:35
But I have a player with a mac... She doesn't have the same hierarchy in her folders and I don't understand how wine function... Anyone has an Idea ?
I would guess that if you put the sounds in a place relative to your FG data folder (such as in a custom module folder) and she puts hers in the same place it will work. Have her use the folder icon from the FG launch screen to open her FG data folder and copy the music files into the appropriate location.

That's just guessing, as I haven't tested on a Mac.

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2017, 15:36
Hi everyone !

This extension is a great one, but I need a little help on something I try to do...

I'm not fond of Syrinscape, and wanna use this extension to trigger music on my players computer. I tried some things and saw that when I paste a file in the FG directory I can trigger the audio of my players (who pasted the same file at the same location). Great !

Unfortunately, Macs have turned out to be the "problem child" of this Extension - the Sound String relies upon the "Windows" version of the file-structure in the URL (which is based on a "hack" of the FG Engine). Net result: I don't believe that I've ever heard of anyone getting the type of thing you're wanting to accomplish to work. In fact, I don't think the Extension works on a mac with Syrinscape, either.

Of course, I could be wrong - as someone will happily point out very soon.

skj310
November 7th, 2017, 22:59
I would have to concur.
I run on LX and wine, therefore I use LX folder structure. Although my testing was slightly different. I was running as FG server/hosting the session and therefore had the DOE:sound extension loaded, and all my local soundfiles use the LX folder structure. As the host, in my options I disabled sound. A player/client that runs FG on windows was connected to my instance, and he had sound enabled. Sounds would trigger and play as normal, but not on client side. With him enabling sound, and a sound event occurred in chat window, it would trigger the play of my local soundfile (because I was the host and I had all the chatstring triggers configured on my end, therefore they pointed to my localfiles).

I never tried to figure out a way to get a soundfile on their computer to work. But in essence I don't think it can. Even with wine emulating windows folder structures, it's not really the same.

Unless someone REALLY knows MAC well and has done experimenting, I don't think you'll find a quick answer. I suspect you might need to do some serious digging to figure things out, and let everyone know what you learned.

For me, I can only point out what i've found using LX and Windows ... which doesn't help your situation.

trobadork
November 8th, 2017, 10:05
Thanks everyone for answers, I continue to dig and if I find something I will let you know ;)

MMOaddicted
November 14th, 2017, 23:03
So... I have a problem. The Sound Links do not trigger (the purple with white cleft ones) BUT if I drag and drop them into a note or onto a map they work. It's got me confused...

Trenloe
November 14th, 2017, 23:58
Info on kicking off sounds under Wine linked in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=345619&viewfull=1#post345619

Gwydion
November 15th, 2017, 12:59
So... I have a problem. The Sound Links do not trigger (the purple with white cleft ones) BUT if I drag and drop them into a note or onto a map they work. It's got me confused...
So, I just ran a test. If I turn sounds "off" in my option menu and try to trigger a sound link using the purple clef it does not work. However, if I drag the link into a Note and then trigger it from there it DOES trigger the sound even with sounds "off". So, I suspect that you have sounds turned off in your option menu and when you turn it back on it should work either from the purple clef or from a note/map entry. Now as to why that is the case, that is above my paygrade! :)

Hope that works for you.

DoubleDanGaming
November 24th, 2017, 08:11
So, is there any update on making this work with Mac?

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2017, 05:36
So, is there any update on making this work with Mac?

As far as I'm aware the issue lies in the fact the Syrinscape does not yet have its 3rd party Integration working on the Mac.

That, and I'm not sure if/how the URL-system the DOE: Sound uses works on a Mac.

So, short answer: No, not yet

DoubleDanGaming
November 25th, 2017, 07:36
As far as I'm aware the issue lies in the fact the Syrinscape does not yet have its 3rd party Integration working on the Mac.

That, and I'm not sure if/how the URL-system the DOE: Sound uses works on a Mac.

So, short answer: No, not yet

Pity. I'm having a lot of trouble getting things set up on the Windows version through VM. It works, but intuitive, it ain't.

On a completely unrelated note, your signature made me laugh. Well done.

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2017, 08:20
...your signature made me laugh. Well done.

You're one of the few who have said they understand it - yes, I'm a math geek :p

DoubleDanGaming
November 25th, 2017, 08:27
Same here.

For those who don't get it, the mathematical nonsense phrase "√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π" is broken down like this:

√(-1), or 'the square root of negative 1' is depicted by the letter i.
2^3 means '2 to the power of 3', or '2 cubed'. This means 2*2*2, or 8.
Σ has different meanings depending on context, but in this usage essentially means 'the sum of', or 'the whole'.
Π is, of course, pi, that lovely little constant meaning the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.

This can therefore also be rendered as:

i8ΣΠ, or "I ate the whole pie".

Nerd humor. Get used to it.

Erin Righ
November 25th, 2017, 09:07
I read it as "i 8 sum pi"

DoubleDanGaming
November 25th, 2017, 10:13
I read it as "i 8 sum pi"

Oh. Haha, yeah, that'll work too. I just read it from the context I'm more familiar with.

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2017, 10:40
Oh. Haha, yeah, that'll work too. I just read it from the context I'm more familiar with.

Either's good :)

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2017, 02:44
I always started with "imagine" but couldn't get the 2 cubed. NowI know, and I'm dangerous!

Nalfien
December 2nd, 2017, 21:17
I am both extremely frustrated and relieved as I type this. If you are having problems with chat sounds not working, go into your DM settings in FG and turn sound ON.

Gwydion
December 2nd, 2017, 22:11
I am both extremely frustrated and relieved as I type this. If you are having problems with chat sounds not working, go into your DM settings in FG and turn sound ON.

Yep, that's one of the first thing that gets everyone! The manual he has included is a must read so that you can avoid issues like that. Glad you figured it out! It's a great extension.

LordEntrails
December 3rd, 2017, 21:28
Yep, that's one of the first thing that gets everyone! The manual he has included is a must read so that you can avoid issues like that. Glad you figured it out! It's a great extension.
I will second the importance of reading the manual.

This goes with all of the DOE's. Dulux has done a great job with these extensions and making them as intuitive as possible. BUT, that doesn't mean you should expect to be able to use them without doing a little bit of reading and learning. Please, everyone, do yourself a favor and read the manuals :)

MMOaddicted
December 4th, 2017, 21:07
Well in my case it wasn't the issues of the sounds not triggering syrinscape, but of the sound-files sometimes "playing" only in theory (as in the stuff was marked as playing but was muted, and no it was not the issue of output devices. I didn't notice it at first. Anyways fixed it now). Fortunately a complete wipe of syrinscape and a reinstall fixed it. One question for you all folks as I don't have the time to sift the forums this week. I made a module of sounds for my friend, I put the links into a miniboard exported miniboards and all that jazz, but he can't find it and surprisingly neither can I when I boot up any campaign. We're using the 5e ruleset for it. Has a recent update borked anything up with exporting modules? I am sorry but I don't have the time to keep up with the news here, i barely carve out 3 hours a week for dnd XD. Thanks in advance to anyone helpful. I tried it both exporting from the 5e ruleset and from another pathfinder campaign I also used sounds in.

Gwydion
December 4th, 2017, 21:50
Well in my case it wasn't the issues of the sounds not triggering syrinscape, but of the sound-files sometimes "playing" only in theory (as in the stuff was marked as playing but was muted, and no it was not the issue of output devices. I didn't notice it at first. Anyways fixed it now). Fortunately a complete wipe of syrinscape and a reinstall fixed it. One question for you all folks as I don't have the time to sift the forums this week. I made a module of sounds for my friend, I put the links into a miniboard exported miniboards and all that jazz, but he can't find it and surprisingly neither can I when I boot up any campaign. We're using the 5e ruleset for it. Has a recent update borked anything up with exporting modules? I am sorry but I don't have the time to keep up with the news here, i barely carve out 3 hours a week for dnd XD. Thanks in advance to anyone helpful. I tried it both exporting from the 5e ruleset and from another pathfinder campaign I also used sounds in.

I apologize in advance if this is obvious and isn't the issue, but when you export a miniboard, it exports as part of whatever module you exported. Point being, you won't find a miniboard anywhere in your library unless you exported the module as "miniboard MMOaddicted". You should find a module named whatever you called the module export. He should be able to open your library once you launch a campaign and search for the module and then activate the module so it shows up for him. Now that I re-read your post, maybe you did export this way, just trying to confirm.

As a test I just exported a miniboard to a module, exited fantasy grounds and came back in and saw the module right away.

MMOaddicted
December 4th, 2017, 22:26
You're right, it is obvious and it isn't the issue :D. I got the file in the modules directory after the export normally, I named it "Sounds for Dae" it's not the first time I export stuff for FG. I mostly did NPCs before. I've got my FG up to date too so I am particularly baffled by this. No hard feelings though, I know how troubleshooting goes, easiest solutions first. BTW I did restart my PC ;).

MMOaddicted
December 4th, 2017, 22:28
And yes I did name the module too, the same thing as the file, like I usually do. Sorry for the spam but forgot to clarify that.

Bidmaron
December 4th, 2017, 22:32
Have you made sure you don’t have two installs? That has caused some weird issues before.

MMOaddicted
December 4th, 2017, 22:58
As far as I know, nope. Just the one, and then I copied the campaigns registry over from my back up drive. All other modules I made and put into modules before work.

Bidmaron
December 5th, 2017, 01:47
Search for the executable 'FantasyGrounds.exe'. Dual installs have caused problems like what you are experiencing. If you find more than one executable, you have multiple installs.

Gwydion
December 5th, 2017, 03:13
As far as I know, nope. Just the one, and then I copied the campaigns registry over from my back up drive. All other modules I made and put into modules before work.

Darn. That is strange as I definitely exported a test mod and worked fine. Any extensions loaded? It always possible that something is conflicting although that seems odd.... If you to to PM me the module I can see if it loads fine on my table to help troubleshoot.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2017, 03:55
When you export the module it will be tagged with the ruleset of the campaign used to export the module, and this only usable in another campaign using only that FG ruleset. What ruleset did you use to export the module?

MMOaddicted
December 6th, 2017, 16:01
I figured as much Trenloe, and after my PF module didn't show up I exported one from my 5e campaign, which also failed to show up. I only use the 5e skin extension and the Forgotten Realms Language Extension which I think is one of the built in ones now? ICR. Anyways... I sent it over to my PC and it works there so I have no clue what is up. I have only one install of FG on this laptop, will make a copy of my campaigns and uninstall/reinstall FG to see if wiping it and burning and salting the field after it helps somehow... Maybe I ought to take a look into the system registry?

Trenloe
December 6th, 2017, 19:09
@MMOaddicted - if you're exporting on the same computer as you're testing, and you load up a new/different campaign of exactly the same ruleset (check the ruleset name - you may have different ruleset versions) and you don't see the module then you'll need to check where the module is being saved to. Go to the FG startup screen and click the folder icon in the top right - then navigate to the modules directory in the file explorer window that appears. Do you see your .mod file here? If not, do a search on the computer to see where it saves it to.

If you do see the .mod file in modules directory then restart FG and try to find it in a brand new campaign of the correct ruleset.

MMOaddicted
December 7th, 2017, 14:50
I did see the mod there, anyways I wiped FG from my laptop and reinstalled it and that seemed to fix this... That was surreal. Sorry for the troubles.

zzzbest
December 18th, 2017, 20:31
Looks cool - installed the extensions, and they appear to load. Not seeing the 'Sound Board' - did I miss a setup step? Never mind, i figured it out.

Gwydion
December 18th, 2017, 21:01
Looks cool - installed the extensions, and they appear to load. Not seeing the 'Sound Board' - did I miss a setup step? Never mind, i figured it out.

Cool. And don't forget to pop back on here if you have questions. Most importantly, don't forget to turn the sounds on in the Fantasy Grounds options menu!

Grimlore
December 30th, 2017, 04:03
Is it possible to use this extension with something other than Syrinscape? Such as opening a youtube link in a browser and streaming that instead?

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2017, 04:23
Is it possible to use this extension with something other than Syrinscape? Such as opening a youtube link in a browser and streaming that instead?
Yes, if you read the manual found on the wiki or on post #1 you will see that it can be used with any url type address including files local to your computer.

Bidmaron
December 30th, 2017, 04:23
Yes, read his excellent manual and read this thread.

dulux-oz
December 30th, 2017, 05:35
For something like this you may want to use the DOE: OLE instead.

dulux-oz
January 4th, 2018, 12:16
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (January 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

You can find the DOM SoundLink Library here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/230427/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--January-2018?src=newest_in_dmg).

Cheers

Bidmaron
January 4th, 2018, 22:21
Picked it up, Dulux. This is a great service you do for us keeping the list complete.

mlesnews
January 8th, 2018, 21:00
Quite amazing, thank you very much Dulux-Oz! Had to have this.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the DOM SoundLink Library - a Module of all of the available Syrinscape SoundLinks pre-packaged as DOE: Sound SoundLinks - has just had this month's version (January 2018) put up on DM's Guild.

Note that you still need Syrinscape to use the Library as it only contains the SoundLinks, not the Syrinscape Sounds themselves.

You can find the DOM SoundLink Library here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/230427/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--January-2018?src=newest_in_dmg).

Cheers

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 03:06
I bought Fantasy Grounds Sounds at Dungeon Masters Guild, it is AWESOME! I was doing the trigger coding myself & struggling to do all that. I was hoping to use it in "triggering" sounds when players cast a spell or do an attack, etc. Do I have to do any thing to have that coding be automatic, or is it manual?

damned
January 11th, 2018, 05:07
I bought Fantasy Grounds Sounds at Dungeon Masters Guild, it is AWESOME! I was doing the trigger coding myself & struggling to do all that. I was hoping to use it in "triggering" sounds when players cast a spell or do an attack, etc. Do I have to do any thing to have that coding be automatic, or is it manual?

You are going to have to read the manual :)

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 05:57
You are going to have to read the manual :)

Not really a helpful answer, is it?

dulux-oz
January 11th, 2018, 06:04
Not really a helpful answer, is it?

That depends - on how good the manual is - and the manual is very good.

The short answer to your question is that it really does depend on exactly what you are trying to achieve - unfortunately I am unsure of your intentions from you question as it is posed, perhaps if you were to elaborate?

The long answer is that the answer you seek is almost certainly in the manual or can be inferred from the information in the manual - which is probably why damned pointed you in that direction.

So, you can either (or both) elaborate on your question and we'll see about answering it and/or read the manual - its probably worth doing both :)

We'll hear from you soon :)

Cheers

damned
January 11th, 2018, 06:14
For an action to trigger a sound someone has to tell the system what action and what sound...
How to do that is in the pretty well written manual.

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 07:05
I have read the manual and a have a general understanding that sounds can be triggered by coding that is posted into chat.
As you know, when a character cast "heal", [HEAL] appears in the chat. I have set it up in the Chat-Sound to play Syrianscape- Kyra Female Cleric, Heal Light sound.

The Fantasy Grounds Sounds module that I bought at Dungeon Masters Guild does not appear to have the ability to be triggered by the code, nor does it appear that it can be edited to do so. I sent an email to Rob Twohy (the credited author of the Fantasy Grounds Sounds module) and he referred me to you (Dulux-OZ).

Several questions here regarding the sounds that are in Fantasy Grounds Sounds module
1. Are they coded to be triggered by players actions?
2. If not, do they have to be clicked on by the DM?
3. Can they be edited?

I hope this clarifies, if not let me know.

Thanks,

Nogo
-6 UTC

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 07:11
For an action to trigger a sound someone has to tell the system what action and what sound...
How to do that is in the pretty well written manual.

In my original post I wrote:

I was doing the trigger coding myself & struggling to do all that.

I think that you could extrapolate from that, indeed I have read the manual. Just to clarify, several times in fact. I am just looking to buy tool that does all this.

Nogo
-6 UTC

damned
January 11th, 2018, 07:30
Things to check:

1. Have you turned sounds on in FG?
2. Have you got an active Syrinscape subscription?
3. Have you tested using a localhost client connection and doing the rolls from there?

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 07:43
Yes to all the above....

dulux-oz
January 11th, 2018, 11:38
Several questions here regarding the sounds that are in Fantasy Grounds Sounds module
1. Are they coded to be triggered by players actions?
2. If not, do they have to be clicked on by the DM?
3. Can they be edited?

OK, the Fantasy Ground Sounds Module was done (as you are aware) by Rob. While he and I have a "licensing deal" I have very little knowledge of what Rob has done re: the internals of the Module. Having said that, if the following answers don't satisfy the questions then we may need to bring Rob in on this (hopefully he's reading this anyway). So...

I believe they are coded to trigger on the appearance of specific combinations of characters that appear in the FG Chat window - ie that they are ChatSound Records. How the particular combinations of characters end up in the Chat Window (ie via GM and/or Player action) doesn't matter.
If they are ChatSound Records (as I believe they are) then they can also be clicked on by the GM, and if shared by the GM to a Player or the Players as a whole, by the Player(s) as well.
If its a "standard" Module then yes, I believe it can be edited - provided the License the Module is sold under allows this, of course.

Cheers :)

Gwydion
January 11th, 2018, 13:39
Hey nogo. Maybe I can help as I assisted rob in putting together the Fantasy Grounds sounds module. Some of what I will type here is for everyone and some is for you specifically. First, there are two modules on the dmsguild. First is dulux-oz's which is the DOM: soundlink library. This one contains raw SoundLinks ready to drop into ChatSounds, Miniboards and/or Autosounds, or can even be triggered directly from the Library itself. You can find that one here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/230427/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--January-2018

The second file and I believe the one you have is Rob's module which has coding for a large number of sounds and will trigger directly off of word(s) that come through the chat window in fantasy grounds. For example [DAMAGE] Acid Splash in the chat window will trigger the Syrinscape sound for acid splash. Many of the FG spells and weapons and even environmental effects are already coded in this module. You can find that product here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/214602/Fantasy-Grounds-Sounds?term=fantasy+grounds+sounds&test_epoch=0

The dependencies for Rob's modules are that you need to have the DOE base and DOE sound extensions loaded in the campaign you are playing and you need to have Rob's sound module loaded in the campaign you are running. You also need to have the appropriate Syrinscape soundpack loaded on your computer for the trigger to work. Each sound we built is completely customizable. I'm including a screenshot in this post to show you acid splash. It is coded to trigger off of [DAMAGE] Acid Splash, but as you can see, once I opened the soundlink (unlocked it) I can now change the trigger to be whatever I want or even change the syrinscape link if you prefer a different sound.

As I think you know from reading the dulux-oz manual the sound has to travel over the internet for it to trigger so if you are testing this on your own you need to open another fg instance as localhost to see if the sound will trigger. You also need to make sure in your options within fg that the triggers are actually being passed. Meaning, if you hide results of all roll totals many or all of the sounds might not trigger as the words aren't being passed through chat. Play around with the options to see how that affects the sound triggers.

I hope this is helpful and answers your questions. Feel free to pm me or post here with additional questions. I do check regularly I was just sleeping last night when you all were discussing!

nogo
January 11th, 2018, 19:50
Thank you Gwydion,

It was late last night & I figured that Dulux Oz might see this as he is +10 UTC :)

So...

The short answer is I think got it working! With the lock off, I can now can see the triggers as shown in you screen shot. Just a quick look using my localhost connection into my DM acct, things appear to work!

The culprit here? Old versions of Sound Extension & Base Extension. This morning I looked at them both and saw this. I updated those both to the current versions & seemed to have got it going.

Root cause was my thinking that FG updates included these. THEY DO NOT! To prevent re-occurrence I will need to verify my extension updates when FG is upgraded.

Thanks to all for the help on this!

Nogo
-6 UTC

Gwydion
January 11th, 2018, 20:10
Great to hear! Yeah, that issue is true of all extensions since they are community developed. For Dulux-Oz's extensions, if I recall correctly when you first load FG before you actually launch to a campaign, I think you will see a red x on dulux-oz's extensions that are a visual queue that they are not the most recent ones. Glad you seem to have it sorted! Fingers crossed....

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 01:18
For Dulux-Oz's extensions, if I recall correctly when you first load FG before you actually launch to a campaign, I think you will see a red x on dulux-oz's extensions that are a visual queue that they are not the most recent ones.

Only if the FG Update "breaks" something in the old DOEs - otherwise no red X.

Best idea is to check the general Community Extension Thread(s) and the specific Extension Thread(s) after an FG Update to see if there has been a Community-Dev Extension Upadate or if the current version of the Community-Dev Extension is still OK. It also may take a day or more (maybe up to a week) for a Community-Dev Extension to be updated (some Community-Devs can be busy and so not as quick as others in updatng their stuff) :)

Cheers

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 02:51
Good Afternoon,
I installed everything today and the sound effects from Syrinescape work great.. unless music is involved. No matter what I do no music plays for people in game. I can hear it, but they can't. any thoughts?

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 02:56
Good Afternoon,
I installed everything today and the sound effects from Syrinescape work great.. unless music is involved. No matter what I do no music plays for people in game. I can hear it, but they can't. any thoughts?

Sorry, is that music Moods from Syrinscape, or mp3 files from outside of Syrinscape?

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 03:27
Thank you

That is the moods from within Syrinscape..

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 03:33
Do I need cable A and B?

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 03:37
Thank you

That is the moods from within Syrinscape..

OK, so the Players can hear one-shots, but not the moods, is that correct?

If that is correct, then there is something seriously wrong, because as far as the DOE: Sound and Syrinscape are concerned there is no difference between one-shots and mood - they are both sound files. If it works for one then it will (should) work for the other.

So if this is the case, then we're going to need a whole bunch of extra info on how the GM is set up, how the Players are set up, which one-shots and moods are / are not working, screen shots, etc.

Please get back to us with further details as required and we'll get you sorted :)

Cheers

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 04:08
OK, so the Players can hear one-shots, but not the moods, is that correct?

If that is correct, then there is something seriously wrong, because as far as the DOE: Sound and Syrinscape are concerned there is no difference between one-shots and mood - they are both sound files. If it works for one then it will (should) work for the other.

So if this is the case, then we're going to need a whole bunch of extra info on how the GM is set up, how the Players are set up, which one-shots and moods are / are not working, screen shots, etc.

Please get back to us with further details as required and we'll get you sorted :)

Cheers

That is correct.

GM: Playback Device is Voicemeeter Input
Recording Device is Voicemeeter Output
Hardware Input 1 Microphone (Realtek High Definintion - B Channel
Hardware Input 2 Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual) - A Channel
Virtual Input VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO
Hardware Out A1 Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

The players are all over the country and all have the same issue. All music, even from the local computer (mp3) isn't heard

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 04:21
OK, as I said, if the Players are hearing the 1-shots then there is no reason for them not to be hearing the moods.

Are the players running their own versions of Syrinscape?

Do the palyers have Sound turn On or Off in their Settings of FG?

Which VoIP app are you all using?

DrHeckle
January 12th, 2018, 04:24
Turns out it was the mic sensitivity on my end was set to auto. Once I dropped it down everything works.

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 04:27
Turns out it was the mic sensitivity on my end was set to auto. Once I dropped it down everything works.

And there we go - it's almost always something simple :)

I'm glad we got it sorted - it really had me worried because, as I said, if it works with the 1-shots it'll work with the moods - the DOE: Sound and Syrinscape both treat them exactly the same (one's just a bit longer then the other) :)

Cheers

Callum
January 12th, 2018, 11:27
Well done for getting to page 100 with this thread, dulux-oz!

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2018, 12:43
Well done for getting to page 100 with this thread, dulux-oz!

??? I've only got it at page 25 - but this post is number 999, so we almost cracked the 1K mark :p

Callum
January 12th, 2018, 13:13

Kapow!