PDA

View Full Version : DOE: Sound Extension

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 04:27
Yeah - I don't know what's happened but I'm pulling it (& the others) until I can work out what's going on.

DMReckless
November 2nd, 2016, 04:54
Any idea how I could set this to play different sounds with a HIT MISS AUTOMATIC MISS CONFIRM etc results in the Chat Tab? I tried, but the only sound playing is the one I set for miss

EDIT: actually, I just created a separate sound and dragged it to the chat and still played the MISS sound(If I just click the note, it plays the correct sound)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 06:01
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension (and the Manual) on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Please read the Manual/Wiki as there has been some usage/functional changes between v1 and v2.

As normal, if you have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 09:51
Ok, when I open Sound via the right-hand side menu, I get the following https://puu.sh/s3ONn/f43904b0ac.png
And if I try to close that and click on any of the side tabs of the sound window it ends up like this https://puu.sh/s3OOl/3bb92aca54.png
New Campaign, 4e ruleset, no other extensions loaded.

EDIT:
Same deal in a 5e ruleset with no other extensions https://puu.sh/s3OUa/9f9c35fdd7.png

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 10:46
Grab the DOE: Base (again) - I can tell from the error messages that you don't have the latest (hotfix)

Gwydion
November 2nd, 2016, 14:04
First of all, this is flippin awesome!!! I love syrinscape and am already testing this major sound update! Couple quick words of advice to those jumping into this extension:

1 - Read the wiki!!! https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE_Sound_Extension
2 - Read the wiki...seriously! If you're using the sound extension, chances are you are a little tech savvy and like testing stuff (I fit the second category only). Dulux-Oz has spent so much effort on this (from what I can tell) its up to us (I think) to read the documentation!
3 - from reading the wiki I learned a VERY important thing. Even if you upload the correct extensions (Base v2.0 and DOE Sound v2.0) and start creating and playing with sound links, you won't hear them! Why?? Because there is a new option in your fantasy grounds options menu that you have to turn on. When you first open the options menu, the third option down now (when the sound extensions are loaded only I assume) is "sound". The default is "off". Turn that bad boy on and you will hear beautiful sound effects!

So what are you doing here? Go read that wiki! :)

Thanks sooooo much Dulux-Oz. Wonderful work on all of your extensions and mods!

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 16:41

Thanks - it's nice to feel appreciated!

@Everyone: Feel free to "Rep" me, support me ($$$), and say nice things about me - I'm like a dragon that way: I like flattery and shinnies (and the odd chocolate) :p

Glad
November 2nd, 2016, 16:55
Can we now link the Syrinscape sounds to chat logs of the game?

EDIT: I think not, still very good work though!

Gwydion
November 2nd, 2016, 19:36
Can we now link the Syrinscape sounds to chat logs of the game?

EDIT: I think not, still very good work though!

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you can trigger Syrinscape sounds now through chat commands within fg. I tried this out and it worked great! Pretty satsifying to type in chat and trigger a sword strike or heal spell, etc..

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 20:31
Grab the DOE: Base (again) - I can tell from the error messages that you don't have the latest (hotfix)

That appears to have done it!
Thanks so much for the on-the-spot support of these extensions Dulux, bloody great work!

Salva
November 2nd, 2016, 20:58
I join to the cheers to Dulux-oz for this awesome work and thanks Gwydion for this:

3 - from reading the wiki I learned a VERY important thing. Even if you upload the correct extensions (Base v2.0 and DOE Sound v2.0) and start creating and playing with sound links, you won't hear them! Why?? Because there is a new option in your fantasy grounds options menu that you have to turn on. When you first open the options menu, the third option down now (when the sound extensions are loaded only I assume) is "sound". The default is "off". Turn that bad boy on and you will hear beautiful sound effects!

I have read the wiki: is there a way to have the title of the sounds when you put the link of the sound on a map directly from the sound board?
I can see the title but only when placing the link that contains the sound.
Pl see the video
https://screencast.com/t/MihnISkLrw7R
This will grant more velocity when triggering sounds :)
Thank you very much.

sciencederp
November 3rd, 2016, 00:42
Absolutely love this extension. Kudos to you sir.

Is there a way to create a chat-sound that requires two triggers? For example, the trigger for a swoosh sound would require the words "Battleaxe" and "MISS" appear in the chat log, whereas the trigger for a cutting sound are the words "Battleaxe" and "HIT" appearing?

Thank you again.

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 01:55
Absolutely love this extension. Kudos to you sir.

Is there a way to create a chat-sound that requires two triggers? For example, the trigger for a swoosh sound would require the words "Battleaxe" and "MISS" appear in the chat log, whereas the trigger for a cutting sound are the words "Battleaxe" and "HIT" appearing?

Thank you again.

If the words "Battleaxe" and "Miss" (or "Hit") appear in the same string ie "Battleaxe Hit" then make that the Chatsound Trigger. If not, then no, not at the moment. All the Chatsound Feature is doing is looking for collections of characters that appear in the Chatbox (that have been sent over the Internet from one PC to another) and matching them up with a SoundString and then playing the Sound - does that make sense?

sciencederp
November 3rd, 2016, 03:19
If the words "Battleaxe" and "Miss" (or "Hit") appear in the same string ie "Battleaxe Hit" then make that the Chatsound Trigger. If not, then no, not at the moment. All the Chatsound Feature is doing is looking for collections of characters that appear in the Chatbox (that have been sent over the Internet from one PC to another) and matching them up with a SoundString and then playing the Sound - does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense. I'm using the 5e dnd module in FG. Perhaps I can figure out how to edit it so it will say "[Weapon Name] [HIT]" so I can create hit and miss sounds for each weapon.

Thanks for your hard work.

Salva
November 3rd, 2016, 06:20
is there a way to have the title of the sounds when you put the link of the sound on a map directly from the sound board?
Pl see the video
Thank you very much.

Guess the answer is no?

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 06:59
Is there a way to have the title of the sounds when you put the link of the sound on a map directly from the sound board?
Pl see the video
Thank you very much.

OK, first of all you really shouldn't be linking Sounds directly to a map (I know you can, and I know that's how we did it under v1, but this is no-longer the way to do it) - best practice is to create a MiniBoard with the required Soundlink(s) on it and linking the MiniBoard to your map.

I think this will also solve your naming-linking issue.

(Sorry, I've had it on my list to get back to you on this but I got delayed :) )

Glad
November 3rd, 2016, 08:17
Not sure exactly what you mean, but you can trigger Syrinscape sounds now through chat commands within fg. I tried this out and it worked great! Pretty satsifying to type in chat and trigger a sword strike or heal spell, etc..

I was just misunderstanding the chat sound trigger, thought it could autotrigger a sound by recognizing combat log in the chat, without having to actually type the chat message that trigger the sound.
But I created a list of sounds with chat triggers and they work very well, it is definitely very satisfying indeed. Great job I like this extension.

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 09:55
I was just misunderstanding the chat sound trigger, thought it could autotrigger a sound by recognizing combat log in the chat, without having to actually type the chat message that trigger the sound.

It can, provided that the message travel from the client to the host, the host to the client, or from client to client - Player => GM, GM=> Player, Player => Player.

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 13:35

Hmmm.. Trying to set up some automated breath weapon sounds and when I set the trigger to [CAST] it works fine but if I try [CAST] Breath it doesn't. You can string words together, right? Not sure what I'm doing wrong there. I was trying to build [CAST] Breath Weapon (fire) to trigger the fire breath sound.

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 13:38
Now I see. It doesn't like [] or (). I was trying to set this so that when a character uses his breath weapon and it shows in chat, the sound will trigger. So, I was trying to mimic [CAST] Breath Weapon (Fire). However, I think the only way I might be able to do this is just Breath Weapon. Will keep playing around with it. Love it!

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 13:50
Keep a record of what doesn't work, please - I might be able to re-work the recognition code so that we can do things like what you are trying.

Actually, could everyone keep such a record - the more data the better the potential solution.

Cheers

Gwydion
November 3rd, 2016, 13:54
Keep a record of what doesn't work, please - I might be able to re-work the recognition code so that we can do things like what you are trying.

Actually, could everyone keep such a record - the more data the better the potential solution.

Cheers

Will do. For now I changed the character sheet racial power from Breath Weapon (Fire) to Breath Weapon Fire and the trigger works. Very cool.

Salva
November 3rd, 2016, 16:42
OK, first of all you really shouldn't be linking Sounds directly to a map (I know you can, and I know that's how we did it under v1, but this is no-longer the way to do it) - best practice is to create a MiniBoard with the required Soundlink(s) on it and linking the MiniBoard to your map.

I think this will also solve your naming-linking issue.

(Sorry, I've had it on my list to get back to you on this but I got delayed :) )

Thank you very much for the answer :)
I will use the Miniboard like you say.
I know also you say that i shouldnt be linking Sounds directly to a map (dont know well why but if you say so there will be a good reason) but it will be nice (if it doesnt create any trouble) to have some day the option with the title. In some cases, like a trap door or opening a door, etc and nothing else its quickier to have the sound than to have to make a miniboard and then open it for only one sound. I hope you understand what i mean.
Anyway thank you very much for this awesome extension and from answering my question!!!!
Regards from one of your fans :D

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 00:22
Loving the extension and creating the soundboard is a snap. Theres somethink Im not quite groking with the new Chatsound functionality. I'm creating the sound string as before, clicking the new button to create the sound after assigning the trigger....but that's where I think I'm breaking down.

In my example, Im trying to automate a gunshot sound whenever the pc fires his pistol. I was using both "shooting: pistol" and when that failed "pistol" to trigger the chatsound - but doesn't seem to work. I see that the chat must travel over the internet so had a player log in to test, and no dice. Any idea from this description what Im leaving out?

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 01:29
Got a screenshot of the ChatBox and the ChatSouind Entry for us? That may help in determining what going wrong.

(And I'm going to assume that the Sounds Option in the FG Option List in turned "ON") :)

Cheers

Jamesr10
November 4th, 2016, 01:55
Hey there Dulux-oz. First of all, I would like to thank your for your efforts in making Fantasy Grounds a better experience.

On to the question :)

I read that the auto-sound's are populated automatically. Indeed, when I go to the tab I see things like applyatk and and applydmg.

Question 1: Can you manually add them somehow?
Question 2: Could you have a different "applyatk" for each character? One guys swinging a sword that should "swish" and another has a bow (that should uh.. sound like a bow :)

Thanks again!

James

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 02:01
Here's the screenshot...

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 02:06
Hi James,

Glad you like things.

Autosounds are generated from internal messages generated by the FG-engine and the various rulesets, so the only way to add new ones is for the Devs and Community Devs to code them (instructions in post #2).

The Chatsound function, on-the-other-hand, is more "generic" in that it picks up strings of characters from the ChatBox - so if you'd like to do what you've indicated then work out what appears in the ChatBox when the event occurs and put that in the Trigger of a Chatsound.

Does that make sense?

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 02:10
Here's the screenshot...

Try it without the "Shooting:" part - the character recognition code isn't thjat sophisticated and we've already discovered that it doesn't like "[]" and "()" so I suspect it's getting hung up on ":".

As I said a few posts ago as people find these issues if they could keep a record I'll see about making the recognition code better.

Basically, we're all going to have to experiment for a week or two to see what works and what doesn't :)

Cheers

Jamesr10
November 4th, 2016, 02:25
I believe so, however I haven't been able to get a attack roll to trigger a sound.

I read that "GM's can share MiniBoards with Players and can also create Chatsound Triggers which will automatically play Sounds whenever a give sequence of characters is sent from one computer to another to appear in the Fantasy Ground's Chatbox.

Does that mean that I can't test it locally? I have to have a player log in and attack to make it fire off?

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 02:49
You can always start a 2nd instance of FG and connect to the 1st using "localhost" as the connection string.

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 03:39
Understand regarding the continued development. Having said that - Im not able to generate a Chatsound no matter what iteration I use - neither "Shooting: Pistol", "Shooting", nor "Pistol" work.

Try it without the "Shooting:" part - the character recognition code isn't thjat sophisticated and we've already discovered that it doesn't like "[]" and "()" so I suspect it's getting hung up on ":".

As I said a few posts ago as people find these issues if they could keep a record I'll see about making the recognition code better.

Basically, we're all going to have to experiment for a week or two to see what works and what doesn't :)

Cheers

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 03:50
Understand regarding the continued development. Having said that - Im not able to generate a Chatsound no matter what iteration I use - neither "Shooting: Pistol", "Shooting", nor "Pistol" work.

OK, so you've turned on Sounds in the FG Options; you've got a 2nd instance of FG running and connected to the first, and you can hear a sound when you click on a SoundLink, yes?

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 04:36
Check, Check and Check (in addition, had another player log in and check to ensure no issues with local host). To be clear, I can hear the sounds and can manually launch the sounds- I just cant get the trigger for the Chatsounds to kick in.

OK, so you've turned on Sounds in the FG Options; you've got a 2nd instance of FG running and connected to the first, and you can hear a sound when you click on a SoundLink, yes?

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 04:59
I don't know mate, I've just set up a Chatsound (using the Laser Sound) with a name of "Pistol" and a Trigger of "Pistol" and when I type "Pistol"(without the quotes) into the Chatbox I hear the Laser shot. I'm on CoreRPG when I test this.

All I can think of is (1) Do you have any spaces in the trigger string (front and/or back), & (2) you did press the "Create Sound" Button to the right of the Sound and below the SoundString.

What Ruleset are you using? (And I assume you don't have any other Extensions loaded)

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 05:14
Works OK for me. Make a Chatsound called "Laser" with a one-shot Laser blast from the Sci-Fi Syrinscape. I get the sounds when I type Laser and press return. I don't even need a client up and running, just the GM side.

Talen
November 4th, 2016, 05:27
Found the root cause....even though the basic functionality works in the Savage Worlds ruleset, it does not appear to work with the Chatsound functionality (Sound Board and Automated DO work). When I test in 5e, the full functionality, including Chatsound work for me.

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 05:40
OK, I'll take a look and see what I can work our re: SavageWorlds (actually, I'm not surprised SavageWorlds was the cause - its the one Ruleset that always gives me the most trouble :) )

darrenan
November 4th, 2016, 05:59
Doesn't seem to work for me in PFRPG/3.5 ruleset. Double checked that the sound link itself worked (Sad Trombone from Syrinscape), so I can manually trigger the sound within FG, and even from within the chatsound window. I then created a chatsound with name epicfail and trigger epicfail, but it doesn't fire from either GM or player side when I type epicfail and hit enter.

EDIT: Hmm, I messed around with it a bit and it seems to work most of the time. I deleted the epicfail one above, created a few different ones that all worked, then came back and tried epicfail again, and it worked. No idea what was different.

darrenan
November 4th, 2016, 06:21
Another issue, this one regarding miniboards (still in 3.5/PF ruleset). Steps:

1. Create a module that includes some miniboards and export the module with the miniboards in it.
2. Create a campaign and open the module created in the previous step. So far so good, miniboards and sounds from the imported module work fine.
3. Now, if I try to create a new miniboard in the campaign, it seems to link the new miniboard with one of the imported ones. The new miniboard will contain the same sound links as one of the imported ones, and if I edit the new one (delete the sound links in it for instance) it also changes the imported one. It does this regardless of which groups I have selected. All, None, specific group, all behaved the same way.

My intention was to create a bunch of module-specific miniboards in the module campaign, and have them exported. And then in the main campaign have one miniboard per-player that I could share with them so they could trigger character-specific sounds.

darrenan
November 4th, 2016, 06:28
And one more regarding miniboards (again, still 3.5/PF): when I share a miniboard with a player, on the player side I see a <<New Sound>> entry is added to the miniboard with no sound link.

hotline
November 4th, 2016, 10:31
i just noticed that the new versions of Syrinscape does not have the 3rd party tab. Could that be a problem?

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 11:39
i just noticed that the new versions of Syrinscape does not have the 3rd party tab. Could that be a problem?

I'm running the latest version of Syrinscape (v1.3.3-20160816 - Windows) which is also the version available for download from the Syrinscape Store, and I've got 3rd Party Integration - click on the Settings icon in the bottom-left corner of Syrinscape and then you can Enable/Disable 3PI from the resulting window.

And besides, there's a Library of SoundLinks available (a module - read the Thread/Doco/Wiki) :)

Cheers

Glad
November 4th, 2016, 12:05
We used the extension in a full session yesterday I figured out that the ( ) [] when between a sequence of letters seems to stop autochat trigger.

Example: "Attack: [37] (Greatsword) [to TestDude] [HIT]"

Chatsound will autotrigger fine for "Attack" or "to TestDude", "Greatsword" or "HIT"
But will fail for "Attack HIT" or "Greatsword HIT" or also "[to TestDude] [HIT]"

I also think (have to test again) that two triggers in the same sentence will make the second one to fail:
If you have 2 different triggers and sounds "Greatsword" and "HIT" created with the above example only "Greatsword" trigger will work, the others seems to be skipped.

Happy to give more details/tests if I can, as I really enjoy this extension.

dulux-oz
November 4th, 2016, 12:11
Yeah, once the system finds a trigger-match it'll stop looking, hence the 2nd sound won't trigger (its not being found). It may be possible to change things so that the system keeps looking until it goes through all the Chatsounds, but there will be consequences and complications in getting the system NOT to play sounds, hence being designed the way it is.

I'm still going to see about getting the system to recognize '"[", etc, but it'll take me a while.

I've also got to see why darran's got Miniboard issues - give me some time, but everyone keep us all up to date on how things are working for you all

Cheers

SpiritofFire
November 4th, 2016, 16:01
We used the extension in a full session yesterday I figured out that the ( ) [] when between a sequence of letters seems to stop autochat trigger.

Example: "Attack: [37] (Greatsword) [to TestDude] [HIT]"

Chatsound will autotrigger fine for "Attack" or "to TestDude", "Greatsword" or "HIT"
But will fail for "Attack HIT" or "Greatsword HIT" or also "[to TestDude] [HIT]"

I also think (have to test again) that two triggers in the same sentence will make the second one to fail:
If you have 2 different triggers and sounds "Greatsword" and "HIT" created with the above example only "Greatsword" trigger will work, the others seems to be skipped.

Happy to give more details/tests if I can, as I really enjoy this extension.

How did you get it display the weapon name on an attack roll? Mine only goes "Attack[x] -> [at target][HIT/MISS]"

hotline
November 4th, 2016, 22:47
Thanks dulux-oz for your reply. I have tried looking there and i see no option for 3rd party. 16074

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 23:24
Thanks dulux-oz for your reply. I have tried looking there and i see no option for 3rd party. 16074
Looks like the boardgame version doesn't have it. The Fantasy and SciFi versions do.

hotline
November 4th, 2016, 23:29
Thank TrenLoe. But the board game version has the spell sound effects. The Fantasy has only 4 or 5 total. The Board game has a bunch and in both Male and Female voices. I was wanting to use these sound effects for Casting and Spell sounds.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2016, 23:32
Thank TrenLoe. But the board game version has the spell sound effects. The Fantasy has only 4 or 5 total. The Board game has a bunch and in both Male and Female voices. I was wanting to use these sound effects for Casting and Spell sounds.
Ask Syrinscape directly to add them in - it's their product.

Also, if you want spell effects, load up Fantasy Syrinscape and look for "Ezren - Male Wizard" and "Kyra - Female Cleric", they both come with lots and lots and lots of spell sound effects.

hotline
November 4th, 2016, 23:40
Thanks Trenloe. Will do.

dulux-oz
November 5th, 2016, 01:40

That's the Game Board Player - from what I remember Ben (the author of Syrinscape) said the 3PI wasn't in the current version of the Board Game Player, only in the SciFi and Fantasy Player.

You may need to drop him a line on the Syrinscape Forums and find out when that functionality will be included.

Cheers

Damn - Ninja'd by Tenloe AGAIN! I really need to finish reading the all the posts before replying :)

hotline
November 5th, 2016, 01:53
That's the Game Board Player - from what I remember Ben (the author of Syrinscape) said the 3PI wasn't in the current version of the Board Game Player, only in the SciFi and Fantasy Player.

You may need to drop him a line on the Syrinscape Forums and find out when that functionality will be included.

Cheers

Damn - Ninja'd by Tenloe AGAIN! I really need to finish reading the all the posts before replying :)

Thanks Guys. I updated Syrinscape Fantasy and i noticed that the sound effects i bought and wanted to use on Board Game is now also on Fantasy. Looks like my particular issue is resolved.

Thanks Dulux-Oz for this fantastic Extension. Already attached some spell effects in ChatSound. Few wont work but i believe it is due to the special characters "[" issue that you are aware of. Cant wait to surprise my players next session with the Fireball sound effect.

Huzzaaaah Dulux-Oz! Huzzaaaah!

shawnkawa
November 5th, 2016, 04:24
Hi all,

So i installed everything, and went through every step in the sound video as well as went through the forms and Manuel. I am running windows 10 pro and cant get the sound to trigger with in fantasy grounds. I ve even gone to no extensions except for sound ext of course, just to trouble shoot it. still couldn't get sounds to work. I know I set up the strings right in fantasy grounds and made sure their was no extra spaces ect..I am running FG 3.2

so I was thinking that maybe because I use A different Data Directory path that could affect it ?

this will be/is a great addition so thanks Dulux-Oz for this !!

Thanks
Shawn

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 04:37
Hi all,

So i installed everything, and went through every step in the sound video as well as went through the forms and Manuel. I am running windows 10 pro and cant get the sound to trigger with in fantasy grounds. I ve even gone to no extensions except for sound ext of course, just to trouble shoot it. still couldn't get sounds to work. I know I set up the strings right in fantasy grounds and made sure their was no extra spaces ect..I am running FG 3.2

so I was thinking that maybe because I use A different Data Directory path that could affect it ?

this will be/is a great addition so thanks Dulux-Oz for this !!

Thanks
Shawn

Can you get the sound to work at all? I know this sounds silly, but when I first set everything up I forgot to change my options to sound "on" in my fantasy grounds options. Once I did that, everything was fine. I'm sure you've done this, but just in case I thought I would point that out.

dulux-oz
November 5th, 2016, 05:52

Nope, that'll have no effect on things at all. As Gwydion said, have you turned on Sounds in the FG Options?

If you're still having trouble let us know and we'll get things sorted for you

Cheers

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 13:39
Hey Dulux-Oz. I'm testing my new miniboards. Working fine for me as dm. I opened a second FG instance connected as local host. When I trigger my chatsounds from local host they play fine. Awesome! I noticed that when I try to share the soundboard with the local host player, it seems to work as the board shows up on local host and I can play sounds. However, I keep getting the following script error:

Script Error: [string "wlList"]1: attempt to index field 'bGMVisible' [a nil value]

If I have 7 sounds in the minisoundboard I dragged over I get 7 of these error each time I open the miniboard. If I close the clipboard with the errors and play the sounds, it works fine. I can start seeing if it is an extension thing as I do have extensions loaded but I think they are ones everyone has said work with 3.2.

Just curious if the error makes sense to you. Can't wait to try this in my next game in 24 hrs!

dulux-oz
November 5th, 2016, 13:57
No, that's coming from the DOEs; I'll have to get it sorted. Thanks for pointing it out. Which ruleset, BTW? And it shouldn't effect your game (apart from the annoying error messages).

Gwydion
November 5th, 2016, 14:32
No, that's coming from the DOEs; I'll have to get it sorted. Thanks for pointing it out. Which ruleset, BTW? And it shouldn't effect your game (apart from the annoying error messages).

Cool. I'm using 5E.

I'm noticing some things that are educational as I run this. When you've said that the chat triggers have to pass over the internet I understood it intellectually but didn't get the implication (if that makes sense). As an example, when I tried to set up a chatsound for CRITICAL HIT, given I share the dice rolls, but not the results with players, CRITICAL HIT only shows up in my chat and not the players so the sound doesn't trigger. If I changed this to show results to clients, the chatsound will trigger.

This makes complete sense to me, just pointing out things I'm learning as I test this!

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2016, 03:15
.... I ve even gone to no extensions except for sound ext of course,...
You did leave the DOE Base Extension enabled? I think that one's required for this one...

heyhogan
November 6th, 2016, 16:25
Hello !
Trying to get all my extensions setup again for the new FG 3.2. I am having issues with the most excellent sound extension. I have downloaded the new extension (and base) and have just those two turned on. Did get the message

"Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (swSoundSetupList) in windowclass (wcSoundMasterListsWindow)
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (swMiniBoardList) in windowclass (wcSoundMasterListsWindow)
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (swAutoSoundList) in windowclass (wcSoundMasterListsWindow)
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (swChatSoundList) in windowclass (wcSoundMasterListsWindow)
"
when I had all the DOE stuff turned on (but I am not sure all were updated).

With just the two (base and Sound) turned on, it looks like its working but will not trigger any sounds. Any suggestions on what to do next?

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 01:01
Two issues there:

1) Yes, you don't have all the DOE's updated to their latest versions.

2) Have you turned on the Sounds option in the FG Options Window? (and read the documentation :p )

If these don't work let me know and we'll get things sorted for you :)

Cheers

heyhogan
November 7th, 2016, 02:58
Dulux-Oz:

Thanks. I decided to go over the documentation again (I had looked at the old file, not the new one) and noticed the Options setting. That was it. Works now. Thanks! FYI - I am updating the Savage World Supplement and will put a link to your sound extension in the next version of this documentation.

Cheers.

Salva
November 7th, 2016, 03:28
Hi Dulux, im experiencing an issue with the Chat sound.
It looks like it is not linking correctly. Like merging one configuration with the last one.
Happened twice. The first time i had to delete and redo the configuration of the sound.
Pl look at this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8xo2bbtpry0jxq/capture-5.mp4?dl=0
Thank you

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 05:32
@Salva: I'm pretty sure your issue is coming from the "*" in the first Sound Trigger - as I've said in a previous post, the character recognition system isn't that sophisticated and we already know it doesn't like "[", "]", "(" and ")".

Try it without the "*"and see how you go :)

Cheers

Salva
November 7th, 2016, 16:00
@Salva: I'm pretty sure your issue is coming from the "*" in the first Sound Trigger - as I've said in a previous post, the character recognition system isn't that sophisticated and we already know it doesn't like "[", "]", "(" and ")".

Try it without the "*"and see how you go :)

Cheers

No luck :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdpze1giczz9udd/capture-1.mp4?dl=0

Actualization: I deleted all the Chat Sounds and make them all again and seems its working now. :D
Question: Can you link one chat sound to various different Triggers. In other words: can you have more than one Chat Sound with the same sound string but different Triggers?
Thank you very much

dulux-oz
November 8th, 2016, 01:12
Can you link one chat sound to various different Triggers. In other words: can you have more than one Chat Sound with the same sound string but different Triggers?

Yes, you can, as each ChatSound Entry is a separate record - in the same way that each Character Sheet is a separate record. You can link the same Longsword (Item) record to more than one character, so you can have the same SoundString in more than one ChatSound Entry.

But if you are trying to get two sounds to trigger off the same piece of ChatBox text then no, it won't work, because each ChatBox piece of text is treated as one "thing" and is scanned for the first matching ChatSound Entry - once the system finds a match it stops searching, so one of the Chatsounds will be triggered but not the other(s).

Salva
November 8th, 2016, 01:57
Nice. I had accomplished that and also to make "*string" works but with issues as you know so i wanted to know if there will be any conflict in doing so.
Thanks

dulux-oz
November 12th, 2016, 02:04
Hi Everyone,

I've just placed a new version of the DOE: Sound Extension into the first post (v2.1). This version should help with some of the issue that have been reported around extra AutoSound Entries being created and the ChatSound String recognition code has also been reworked - it now successfully recognizes characters such as "[" and ")".

The ChatSound system now also matches on the longest strings first, so you can have (for eg) "Hit" and "Critical Hit" as ChatSound Triggers and they will be matched correctly (previously sometimes "Hit" would match against "Critical Hit" which, why correct, was not waht we wanted).

As normal, if you find any odd behavior then please let me know

Cheers.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2016, 02:40
The ChatSound system now also matches on the longest strings first...
Nice. :)

Gwydion
November 12th, 2016, 03:09
Awesome! Looking forward to trying it in my Unknown Whom game Sunday morning!

Salva
November 12th, 2016, 05:32
Thank you very much!!

hotline
November 12th, 2016, 08:28
Hey dulux-oz. Having so much fun with your hard worked extension. One thing of note that i have noticed. I like to DM my game with the option of CHAT: SHOW GM ROLL __ OFF.
With this option off, any of the Hidden rolls do not trigger the CHAT-SOUND audios. Any CHAT phrases that follow the:
will not trigger the sound.

When i have the Option turned ON then i works as intended. I know can roll in the tower to hide my rolls, so that is what i am doing, or i can just roll outside the chat window to hide my rolls.
I believe the graphic "?" has something to do with it.
If that is something that can be tweaked, or if im doing something wrong, please guide me.

Thanks

dulux-oz
November 12th, 2016, 08:31
No, that's working as designed - the ChatSound Triggers are only triggered when chat text flows across the Internet (even if its just from the GM's host to the GM's host). With a hidden roll that doesn't happen. Getting a ChatSound to trigger from a hidden role is going to take some more/different coding - so let me look into it, OK?

hotline
November 12th, 2016, 08:36
wow thanks brotha, that was fast. i was busy editing my post while you were replying.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2016, 15:02
The ? is not an error. It is just an indicator to the GM that their roll is hidden. This is standard in FG rulesets (it can also be a shuttered eye icon). More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Window#Hidden_Chat_Messages

AndreBLJ
November 12th, 2016, 16:50
Hey there, I just followed the Manual and I think I've done everything.

It is working correctly, sending sounds through Syrinscape - TS second identity: the problem occurs everytime I speak and sometimes for no other reason, because the second TS identity (the one using Virtual Audio Cable) suddenly disable itself on TS ("Speakers/Headphones disabled"). What's wrong with that?

Gwydion
November 12th, 2016, 17:09

It is working correctly, sending sounds through Syrinscape - TS second identity: the problem occurs everytime I speak and sometimes for no other reason, because the second TS identity (the one using Virtual Audio Cable) suddenly disable itself on TS ("Speakers/Headphones disabled"). What's wrong with that?

Hmmm.. When you open teamspeak and look at the options, click on "capture". For your profiles, you should have two profiles. One for your voice and one for syriscape. Your capture device should be your mic. Your capture device for syrinscape should be the virtual audio cable. For playback, your voice should be default and syrinscape does not need a playback profile. Does this all look correct? I'm thinking that actually your syrinscape profile will always show the speakers/headphones disabled as it doesn't need to playback anything. I suspect it actually is all working correctly unless your players aren't hearing the sounds when you test them.

darrenan
November 12th, 2016, 17:57
Another issue, this one regarding miniboards (still in 3.5/PF ruleset). Steps:

1. Create a module that includes some miniboards and export the module with the miniboards in it.
2. Create a campaign and open the module created in the previous step. So far so good, miniboards and sounds from the imported module work fine.
3. Now, if I try to create a new miniboard in the campaign, it seems to link the new miniboard with one of the imported ones. The new miniboard will contain the same sound links as one of the imported ones, and if I edit the new one (delete the sound links in it for instance) it also changes the imported one. It does this regardless of which groups I have selected. All, None, specific group, all behaved the same way.

My intention was to create a bunch of module-specific miniboards in the module campaign, and have them exported. And then in the main campaign have one miniboard per-player that I could share with them so they could trigger character-specific sounds.

I can make this happen the other way as well. First create a new campaign. Then create a new miniboard with no sound links in it and then close it. Finally open a module with existing miniboards in it. You will see that the miniboard created prior to opening the module has the same sound links as one of the miniboards from the module. I suspect there is an XML element naming collision happening.

dulux-oz
November 13th, 2016, 06:43
Thanks for the further info Darrenan - I'm still working on what's causing it :)

AndreBLJ
November 13th, 2016, 13:34
Hmmm.. When you open teamspeak and look at the options, click on "capture". For your profiles, you should have two profiles. One for your voice and one for syriscape. Your capture device should be your mic. Your capture device for syrinscape should be the virtual audio cable. For playback, your voice should be default and syrinscape does not need a playback profile. Does this all look correct? I'm thinking that actually your syrinscape profile will always show the speakers/headphones disabled as it doesn't need to playback anything. I suspect it actually is all working correctly unless your players aren't hearing the sounds when you test them.

It is all correct like stated in the guide but still everyone on TS suddenly see my syrinscape profile "disabled" whenever I talk or for no reason sometimes. It just stops the continuous transmission and disable itself as long as I reactivate it manually by going on Syrinscape and click a random sound.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2016, 19:42
It is all correct like stated in the guide but still everyone on TS suddenly see my syrinscape profile "disabled" whenever I talk or for no reason sometimes. It just stops the continuous transmission and disable itself as long as I reactivate it manually by going on Syrinscape and click a random sound.
Please provide a screenshot of your "Capture" configuration for the syrinscape profile. Also make sure that when you connect using the syrinscape profile that you select a "Playback Profile" of "None".

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 04:10
Hi, i have a campaign where i have setup various sounds and have them in the setup tab/sound setup :
I have created another campaing and see that the setup tab is empty so i figured out to export the sounds but i only see option to export the sound miniboard, the autosound and the chat sound but dont see the option to export all the sounds i configured in the other campaign and have them in the new campaign setup tab.
I know i can move all of them to a miniboard and then export them, but is there a way to have them all without having to create a miniboard for them all?
I preffer to have the pin of the sound to be able to use the pins in maps than to have the sound.
Than you very much.

*Also i have seen that the chat sounds doesnt trigger in the new campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9062j2qrddw14xd/exports.mp4?dl=0

dulux-oz
November 14th, 2016, 05:04
The way that FG handles exported records means that exporting (actually importing) sound records directly doesn't work, which is why the DOE: Sound uses the MiniBoards; they're a "extra layer of abstraction" that helps trick/force FG into handling exports/imports the way we need it too.

So no, you need to use the MiniBoards.

This also applies to pining sounds to maps - its best to use a MiniBoard, especially if you intend to export the map & sounds to a Module.

Cheers

Trenloe
November 14th, 2016, 05:12
*Also i have seen that the chat sounds doesnt trigger in the new campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9062j2qrddw14xd/exports.mp4?dl=0
Can't see the details in that video. Make your screen a lot smaller (it's way too wide for a simple video of what you're trying to show) and re-post please.

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 05:33
Can't see the details in that video. Make your screen a lot smaller (it's way too wide for a simple video of what you're trying to show) and re-post please.

Sorry i forgot to check.
Here it is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltqou2o73zsdp0i/Untitled.mp4?dl=0
Thanks

dulux-oz
November 14th, 2016, 06:08
I don't know Salva - I just set things up the way you've got it shown and it's working for me.

Could you post the sound string (the actual url characters), please?

Also, do you have any other ChatSounds with a similar trigger (I'm grasping at staws, here)

Cheers

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 06:55
I don't know Salva - I just set things up the way you've got it shown and it's working for me.

Could you post the sound string (the actual url characters), please?

Also, do you have any other ChatSounds with a similar trigger (I'm grasping at staws, here)

Cheers

Hi, this is the sound string: syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YnVnYmVhci1iYXR0bGU6OjMtY2hhcm0tc3BlbGw/play/
Almost all my Chatsounds begin with a "s" but next word are all different: 16346 none of them works with the Trigger, not even the ones without the "s" at the beggining. :(
In the original campaign (where i create them) they are working fine. :confused:
Thanks

dulux-oz
November 14th, 2016, 07:08
In the original campaign (where i create them) they are working fine. :confused:
Thanks

Sorry, are these Chatsounds that you've exported into a Module? Have you copied them back into the new campaign or are you trying to run them from the Module?

Trenloe
November 14th, 2016, 07:15
I preffer to have the pin of the sound to be able to use the pins in maps than to have the sound.
The recommendation is not to put sound links onto the map, but use the MiniBoard as a link.

Dulux already mentioned this to you here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=298110&viewfull=1#post298110

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 07:45
This was the secuence of events:
I create the sounds, setup and chat sounds in campaing A. They all worked and still work ok.
I create B campaing and discovered that there were no sounds at all so i though there were two ways to have them: 1-To recreate them o 2-To export them to a module from campaing A.
Thats when i saw that there were only the option to export the sound miniboard, the autosound and the chat sound but no all the sounds i create that were on the setup tab. I exported them to a module named "sonidos generales",
Finally i load campaign B and open the module "sonidos generales" and saw the sound miniboard, autosound and chat sounds appear when i click on the sound icon.

Have you copied them back into the new campaign From where?

are you trying to run them from the Module? Not directly from the module but from the sound icon in the menu bar from the right and then from the chatsound tab there.
*The first time i open the "sonidos generales" module in campaing B, the chatsound automatically filled with the correspondent chatsounds.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltqou2o73zsdp0i/Untitled.mp4?dl=0
Video from campaign B:

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 07:50
The recommendation is not to put sound links onto the map, but use the MiniBoard as a link.

Dulux already mentioned this to you here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension&p=298110&viewfull=1#post298110

Yes i know, i just was saying. :p My english is not very good.....

Actually im using the MiniBoard following the recomendations.

dulux-oz
November 14th, 2016, 08:52
This was the secuence of events:
I create the sounds, setup and chat sounds in campaing A. They all worked and still work ok.
I create B campaing and discovered that there were no sounds at all so i though there were two ways to have them: 1-To recreate them o 2-To export them to a module from campaing A.
Thats when i saw that there were only the option to export the sound miniboard, the autosound and the chat sound but no all the sounds i create that were on the setup tab. I exported them to a module named "sonidos generales",
Finally i load campaign B and open the module "sonidos generales" and saw the sound miniboard, autosound and chat sounds appear when i click on the sound icon.
From where?
Not directly from the module but from the sound icon in the menu bar from the right and then from the chatsound tab there.
*The first time i open the "sonidos generales" module in campaing B, the chatsound automatically filled with the correspondent chatsounds.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltqou2o73zsdp0i/Untitled.mp4?dl=0
Video from campaign B:

Yeah, OK, so yes, it sounds (no pun intended) that you are trying to run them from the Module - and I'm not sure that the ChatSound functionality will pick up the ChatSound Entries from a Module properly. I need to do some more investigating.

You see, the whole linking thing in FG was never designed to do what I've managed to get it to do with URL links and sounds - and it certainly doesn't integrate well into the export/import functionality of FG. The result is, frankly, I've had to "hack" the system to create some "special linkages" (which is why they show up as the purple box with the white treble-clef instead of the "normal" icons for a "normal" FG link) to get the export/import stuff to work (hence one reason for the MiniBoards). I know that when we drag a MiniBoard from a Module to somewhere in a campaign the drag-and-drop code I wrote causes the special linkages for sounds to be re-set back so that they work, and if we drag a Chatsound from a Module (group) to a campaign (group) the same drag-and-drop code again resets the special linkages, but the way that the FG export function works (and messes up the special linkages) I don't think that ChatSounds (or AutoSounds) will work "straight from a Module".

But as I said, I need to do some more research. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can - and please, keep on using the DOE: Sound so that we can find out how you guys want to use it and get it to work that way (if we can). And remember: read the manual :)

Cheers

ahodges
November 14th, 2016, 09:31
I am having the same thing happen as Salva when I export/import chat sounds. They simply will not trigger based off the chat box. I suspect you are correct in that they have to be dragged into a campaign folder first but that does not seem to work at the moment. I seem to recall you were having some issues with copying between folders but I am not sure where I read that. Hopefully we can get to a point where I can start including chat sounds with modules that go hand in hand with adventures. Looks that might take a little time but I am optimistic you'll get it there!

dulux-oz
November 14th, 2016, 09:43
I am having the same thing happen as Salva when I export/import chat sounds. They simply will not trigger based off the chat box. I suspect you are correct in that they have to be dragged into a campaign folder first but that does not seem to work at the moment. I seem to recall you were having some issues with copying between folders but I am not sure where I read that. Hopefully we can get to a point where I can start including chat sounds with modules that go hand in hand with adventures. Looks that might take a little time but I am optimistic you'll get it there!

Actually I've just been working on it - I think I know what I need to do (and even maybe get them to trigger from a Module), but now I need to put it aside overnight to let my sub-conscious work through the details/issues/implications (that's how I code :) )

Leave it with me - I'll get something sorted (hey, I got the MiniBoards to Export/Import properly :p )

Salva
November 14th, 2016, 15:56
Yeah, OK, so yes, it sounds (no pun intended) that you are trying to run them from the Module - and I'm not sure that the ChatSound functionality will pick up the ChatSound Entries from a Module properly. I need to do some more investigating.

You see, the whole linking thing in FG was never designed to do what I've managed to get it to do with URL links and sounds - and it certainly doesn't integrate well into the export/import functionality of FG. The result is, frankly, I've had to "hack" the system to create some "special linkages" (which is why they show up as the purple box with the white treble-clef instead of the "normal" icons for a "normal" FG link) to get the export/import stuff to work (hence one reason for the MiniBoards). I know that when we drag a MiniBoard from a Module to somewhere in a campaign the drag-and-drop code I wrote causes the special linkages for sounds to be re-set back so that they work, and if we drag a Chatsound from a Module (group) to a campaign (group) the same drag-and-drop code again resets the special linkages, but the way that the FG export function works (and messes up the special linkages) I don't think that ChatSounds (or AutoSounds) will work "straight from a Module".

But as I said, I need to do some more research. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can - and please, keep on using the DOE: Sound so that we can find out how you guys want to use it and get it to work that way (if we can). And remember: read the manual :)

Cheers

This is al lot of info to my rudimentary english :cry:
So if i understand well and in resume you will develope a way to make chatsounds work properly when ther are exported/imported right?
I will be attentive for you news.
Thank you very much for your help and good will!!!

Bidmaron
November 15th, 2016, 03:20
Dulux, I would like to be able to imbed a chat command in the read aloud text in story entry so it will be intercepted by your extension and cause a sound to play without the text appearing in the chat window. This would be a slash command using the slash command handler.

That way, you could drag the read-aloud text to the chat window to establish mood music for a location, but the slash command wouldn't appear in the chat window.

What do you think?

dulux-oz
November 15th, 2016, 03:35
Dulux, I would like to be able to imbed a chat command in the read aloud text in story entry so it will be intercepted by your extension and cause a sound to play without the text appearing in the chat window. This would be a slash command using the slash command handler.

That way, you could drag the read-aloud text to the chat window to establish mood music for a location, but the slash command wouldn't appear in the chat window.

What do you think?

The way to do that is to have a SoundLink in the your Story Entry (via a MiniBoard) and click on the SoundLink then click on the Read Aloud button (you can do this now). All ChatSounds trigger off text in the ChatBox (that gets sent across the Net). AutoSounds trigger of OOB Messages (which by definition don't show up in the ChatBox) but they need to be "coded in" to the Ruleset by the Dev.

A slash command appears in the Chabox as part of their normal function.

In short, there's no way to trigger a ChatSound without the triggering text appearing in the Chatbox - that's how the (Chat)Sounds work.

AndreBLJ
November 15th, 2016, 09:16
Please provide a screenshot of your "Capture" configuration for the syrinscape profile. Also make sure that when you connect using the syrinscape profile that you select a "Playback Profile" of "None".

Here is my Capture config: 16355

I just checked my Playback profile and was "None".

Maybe the problem is in Virtual Audio Cable? Since I have no idea of how to set it up and I didn't touch anything on it.

dulux-oz
November 15th, 2016, 09:44
@AndreBLJ => Just out of interest, have you gone through the Wiki Entry (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_TeamSpeak_%26_Syrinscape)) step-by-step? I know when I was writing it I had to go over the steps three times before I made sure it was all working correctly :)

Actually re-reading your posts leads me to believe that you have - still, it never hurts to check

ahodges
November 15th, 2016, 11:09
The way to do that is to have a SoundLink in the your Story Entry (via a MiniBoard) and click on the SoundLink then click on the Read Aloud button (you can do this now)...

I am able to hear the ChatSounds simply by making sure the text that triggers the ChatSound is in the read aloud text. I don't seem to need to do the whole MiniBoard/Soundlink thing at all. Maybe your system is more powerful than you thought! I like how it works this way, the simpler the better as there is already a ton of complication when running FG;) What would be the advantage to using the MiniBoard/Soundlink method instead?

dulux-oz
November 15th, 2016, 11:16
I am able to hear the ChatSounds simply by making sure the text that triggers the ChatSound is in the read aloud text. I don't seem to need to do the whole MiniBoard/Soundlink thing at all. Maybe your system is more powerful than you thought! I like how it works this way, the simpler the better as there is already a ton of complication when running FG;) What would be the advantage to using the MiniBoard/Soundlink method instead?

Because what Bidmaron asked for was for the text NOT to appear in the Chatbox - hence using a MiniBoard & Soundlink.

Does that make sense?

ahodges
November 15th, 2016, 11:22
Ah. I see. Makes sense if you want to hide whatever it was that triggered it. I love the fact that the story can now basically autotrigger the voiceover narration or sound effects and so on. This will be so much fun to use!

Callum
November 15th, 2016, 13:10
I love the fact that the story can now basically autotrigger the voiceover narration or sound effects and so on. This will be so much fun to use!

I agree! It would be great if some forum members were to contribute short video clips showing their fun uses of this excellent extension...

Bidmaron
November 15th, 2016, 13:25
Dulux I know you can manually do this now, but it would be so cool to have it just embedded as a slash command in the read aloud text. When you drag the read aloud to the chat box, your environmental mood music would just automagically start and you wouldn't see 'spooky music' or whatever you had used for auto trigger in the chat window.
Slash commands are easy to add in an extension and they don't appear in the chat box when you use them if I remember rightly

dulux-oz
November 15th, 2016, 13:27
I agree! It would be great if some forum members were to contribute short video clips showing their fun uses of this excellent extension...

Actually Gwydion runs a Twitch channel and he uses the DOE: Sound in that - I dropped in to watch the other day and it was quite a good show

Gwydion
November 15th, 2016, 16:47

One other thought that happened to me once. Get logged into TS and into your channel with your voice profile. Right click on your name in teamspeak and about halfway down in the options that pop up see if "priority speaker" is toggled on. If it is, it should be outlined. Toggle it off! Somehow I accidentally did this once and if it is on then every time you hit push to talk you will cut everyone off and I think it would cut off your fg sounds as well. Only other thing I can think of!

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 17:02
Slash commands are easy to add in an extension and they don't appear in the chat box when you use them if I remember rightly
You can't embed slash commands in read-aloud text. It would be a major change within FG to implement this type of functionality. But, if you want it, here's the place to log your request: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Bidmaron
November 15th, 2016, 18:48
Well, it is probably not worth all that effort. You could embed the mood music link on the map and start it from there I guess. Although somewhere I remember someone saying not good to embed a music link on a map pin?

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 18:54
You could embed the mood music link on the map and start it from there I guess. Although somewhere I remember someone saying not good to embed a music link on a map pin?
Link a MiniBoard to the map, not a sound link.

Gwydion
November 15th, 2016, 19:09

As Dulux said, I am streaming my sessions. I'm including a link below which should go directly to my session from the past sunday for Unknown Whom by Rob2e. The chatsounds worked great! I had my internet go out in my neighborhood roughly two hours into the session, so the twitch video ends abruptly! You'll get the idea, though, if you watch for a bit. Hope it is helpful. Let me know if the link does not work. Thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione/v/100831713

noxioustaco
November 15th, 2016, 22:35
I'm in the middle of setting this up and thinking I want music I have downloaded, or have on Steam, like "Baldurs Gate" soundtracks to play in the background while there are no sounds coming from Syrinscape.
Is this the case where I will need another VB Cable for the music application?

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 22:45
Is this the case where I will need another VB Cable for the music application?
You use the same one - so that the same TeamSpeak profile captures your music and Syrinscape. Just make sure that your music player is outputting to the Virtual Cable that's setup.

You might also want to look at the DOE OLE extension that allows you to start playing audio files, web audio links, etc. in a similar fashion to the sound extension. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 06:55
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

As of this post all reported issues have been resolved - except for the issue(s) around sharing SoundLinks (via MiniBoards) with players - I'm still working on that one.

ChatSounds and AutoSounds will now play correctly directly from Modules, and the issue with a Module's MiniBoard's SoundLinks showing up as a Campaign's MiniBoard's Soundlinks has been fixed (thanks darrenan for pointing that out).

Enjoy!

Cheers

Callum
November 16th, 2016, 12:47
As Dulux said, I am streaming my sessions. I'm including a link below which should go directly to my session from the past sunday for Unknown Whom by Rob2e. The chatsounds worked great! I had my internet go out in my neighborhood roughly two hours into the session, so the twitch video ends abruptly! You'll get the idea, though, if you watch for a bit. Hope it is helpful. Let me know if the link does not work. Thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione/v/100831713

That's great, Gwydion - thanks! Can I ask what triggers you are using for your chat sounds? I noticed that, at one point (from 00:13:06), "Fire Bolt" appears in the chat window several times, but only seems to trigger the relevant sound once.

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 13:31
That's great, Gwydion - thanks! Can I ask what triggers you are using for your chat sounds? I noticed that, at one point (from 00:13:06), "Fire Bolt" appears in the chat window several times, but only seems to trigger the relevant sound once.

Absolutely. The Fire Bolt is triggered with the following string:[CAST] Fire Bolt

By setting it this way I avoid having the sound trigger multiple times. If I set the trigger to "Fire Bolt" and someone hits the cast button, chat will show [CAST] Fire Bolt and [ATTACK (R)] Fire Bolt. Then when he rolls damage it will show [DAMAGE] Fire Bolt. So, the way I set it, the sound only triggers upon cast. Hope that helps!

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 13:42
Absolutely. The Fire Bolt is triggered with the following string:[CAST] Fire Bolt

By setting it this way I avoid having the sound trigger multiple times. If I set the trigger to "Fire Bolt" and someone hits the cast button, chat will show [CAST] Fire Bolt and [ATTACK (R)] Fire Bolt. Then when he rolls damage it will show [DAMAGE] Fire Bolt. So, the way I set it, the sound only triggers upon cast. Hope that helps!

You know, you could put a "Wilhelm Scream" on a "[DAMAGE] Fire Bolt", or even on just "[DAMAGE]". Then the poor NPC (or PC) taking the damage screams appropriately.

There are also some 'damage taken' grunts and gasps available in the Character Soundsets of Syrinscape which would work just as well (although maybe not as fun :p )

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 14:01
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

As of this post all reported issues have been resolved - except for the issue(s) around sharing SoundLinks (via MiniBoards) with players - I'm still working on that one.

ChatSounds and AutoSounds will now play correctly directly from Modules, and the issue with a Module's MiniBoard's SoundLinks showing up as a Campaign's MiniBoard's Soundlinks has been fixed (thanks darrenan for pointing that out).

Enjoy!

Cheers

Ok. So I uploaded the new DOE: Base, Sound and OLE extensions. I also upgraded to 3.2.1 version of FG. When I open my sound module now I get the script error in the attached picture. So, I wiped out all of my sounds that I built except for the chatsounds and autosounds. Now I still get the same error when I click on the sound button to open the sounds. In addition, I tested something. Even after I wiped ALL my sounds except autosounds and chat, I have a weird thing happening. I check the sound tab (see screenshot) and confirm it is blank. I close the sound tab and then click the shield to reopen sounds and a random sound link now appears in the sound tab (see screenshot). To be clear, the soundlink that populates is NOT in my autosounds or chatsounds. It might be a legacy of a sound I already deleted.

Just to confirm, I am only running the DOE Base, Sound and OLE updated extensions. I have no other extension running. I confirmed I am on version 3.2.1 of FG and my ruleset of 5e (3.2.1) looks fine as well. No clue what is going on. It stinks as I had everything rolling! I'm sure I'll get it back. Just all part of a new upgrade that has awesome functionality.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 14:07
One other bit of info. I do have your sound link library if that makes a difference...

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 14:09
You know, you could put a "Wilhelm Scream" on a "[DAMAGE] Fire Bolt", or even on just "[DAMAGE]". Then the poor NPC (or PC) taking the damage screams appropriately.

There are also some 'damage taken' grunts and gasps available in the Character Soundsets of Syrinscape which would work just as well (although maybe not as fun :p )

Yep. Good point. Lot of stuff you can do. Just scratching the surface!

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 14:22
Gwy, could you email me you campaign file (db.xml) - I think I'm gonna need to take an "in depth" look at what's going on - thanks

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 14:32
Gwy, could you email me you campaign file (db.xml) - I think I'm gonna need to take an "in depth" look at what's going on - thanks

No problem. Will do so now. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong too. I started a brand new campaign and only loaded the DOE base, sound and OLE extensions. I try to starting adding a chatsound or a new sound in the setup tab and whenever I click on the "+" sign to add a sound I get the script error in the attached screenshot. Whether its a brand new campaign or an existing one, I cannot create any sounds now. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see the extensions I have loaded as well.

I'll email you my campaign file now. Thanks!

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 14:40
Yeap, OK, leave it with me

Gwydion
November 16th, 2016, 14:43
Yeap, OK, leave it with me

Thanks so much for looking at this so quickly. I really love this extension!

Salva
November 16th, 2016, 15:50
Hi Everybody,

Enjoy!

Cheers

Thank you very much!!

Salva
November 16th, 2016, 16:14
No problem. Will do so now. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong too. I started a brand new campaign and only loaded the DOE base, sound and OLE extensions. I try to starting adding a chatsound or a new sound in the setup tab and whenever I click on the "+" sign to add a sound I get the script error in the attached screenshot. Whether its a brand new campaign or an existing one, I cannot create any sounds now. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see the extensions I have loaded as well.

I'll email you my campaign file now. Thanks!

Same error here.
Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks

Ixion77
November 16th, 2016, 22:13
Ok. So I uploaded the new DOE: Base, Sound and OLE extensions. I also upgraded to 3.2.1 version of FG. When I open my sound module now I get the script error in the attached picture. So, I wiped out all of my sounds that I built except for the chatsounds and autosounds. Now I still get the same error when I click on the sound button to open the sounds. In addition, I tested something. Even after I wiped ALL my sounds except autosounds and chat, I have a weird thing happening. I check the sound tab (see screenshot) and confirm it is blank. I close the sound tab and then click the shield to reopen sounds and a random sound link now appears in the sound tab (see screenshot). To be clear, the soundlink that populates is NOT in my autosounds or chatsounds. It might be a legacy of a sound I already deleted.

Just to confirm, I am only running the DOE Base, Sound and OLE updated extensions. I have no other extension running. I confirmed I am on version 3.2.1 of FG and my ruleset of 5e (3.2.1) looks fine as well. No clue what is going on. It stinks as I had everything rolling! I'm sure I'll get it back. Just all part of a new upgrade that has awesome functionality.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Same issue for me.

ahodges
November 17th, 2016, 01:15
Same issue for me as well.

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2016, 06:00
Hi Everybody,

All reported issues up to this post have now been resolved (& I hope I haven't introduced any new ones - I don't think I have, but... :) )

Enjoy!

Cheers

Gwydion
November 17th, 2016, 13:42
Hi Everybody,

All reported issues up to this post have now been resolved (& I hope I haven't introduced any new ones - I don't think I have, but... :) )

Enjoy!

Cheers

So far so good! I'll need to do a bit more testing on chatsounds tonight before my game at 7:00 pm MST (on twitch if anyone is interested!). REALLY appreciate all the effort on this. I'm excited to use it tonight. Awesome stuff.

ahodges
November 17th, 2016, 16:06
Everything seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks so much for making this as it breathes much needed sonic life to FG. It really is terrific! I've got my game making all sorts of noise now and it feels so good:)

chadhill
November 17th, 2016, 17:20
I have a quick question, is the DOE Sound transitioning to 3.2 without adjusting settings. All my other DOE ext. are working fine, but the Sound is not playing. I looked through the Wiki and downloaded and installed TeamSpeak and VB-Cable. My sound worked fine in 2.7 without them, do I need to adjust settings to link them? I do not know much about computers and am afraid of adjusting something and screwing every thing up (I have done that a couple of times, my computer was in the shop for 3 months while a tech was trying to figure out what I did to it), so needless to say I am a little nervous when it comes to installing "complicated" stuff, and anxious when I have to mess with settings. Thanks for any input.

Gwydion
November 17th, 2016, 17:24
I have a quick question, is the DOE Sound transitioning to 3.2 without adjusting settings. All my other DOE ext. are working fine, but the Sound is not playing. I looked through the Wiki and downloaded and installed TeamSpeak and VB-Cable. My sound worked fine in 2.7 without them, do I need to adjust settings to link them? I do not know much about computers and am afraid of adjusting something and screwing every thing up (I have done that a couple of times, my computer was in the shop for 3 months while a tech was trying to figure out what I did to it), so needless to say I am a little nervous when it comes to installing "complicated" stuff, and anxious when I have to mess with settings. Thanks for any input.

When you say sound isn't playing, are you talking about through teamspeak or you just can't hear it at all with or without teamspeak? If the latter, make sure you turned sound "on" in your FG options menu. See attached screenshot. I did not do that the first time and no sounds played until I turned it on. This is new for 3.2.

chadhill
November 17th, 2016, 18:50
Thank you, that was much easier than I would have imagined, I did not know that the sound could be turned off in FG. Thank you for the Image too that helped. I get lost easily with so many buttons, lol

Gwydion
November 17th, 2016, 19:01
Thank you, that was much easier than I would have imagined, I did not know that the sound could be turned off in FG. Thank you for the Image too that helped. I get lost easily with so many buttons, lol

Trust me, I've been there! Glad it helped.

Myrdin Potter
November 17th, 2016, 19:48
Not that I had the same problem and that it is documented in the manual but I only fixed it when mentioned here a few days ago. Nope, not me .....

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2016, 23:08
Thanks Gwy for helping out with the quick answer. :)

I know it can be a PITA, people, but I spend a lot of time writing up the Manuals and Wiki Pages for the DOEs - just to make sure as much information as possible is there at everyone's fingertips - but you've got to actually RTFM :p

I'm glad people are having fun using the fruits of my work, so its all good! :)

Cheers

Gwydion
November 18th, 2016, 13:17
Just wanted to let everyone know I ran my second session of POTA with my group last night and streamed it on twitch and all of the sounds worked beautifully! I only had chatsounds rolling but I'm going to start creating soundboards for the players now. They loved it! Great job Dulux-Oz and Ben from Syrinscape!

dulux-oz
November 18th, 2016, 13:23
Just wanted to let everyone know I ran my second session of POTA with my group last night and streamed it on twitch and all of the sounds worked beautifully! I only had chatsounds rolling but I'm going to start creating soundboards for the players now. They loved it! Great job Dulux-Oz and Ben from Syrinscape!

Yeap, it was a good game. I'm only sorry i couldn't hang around for the whole session. And yes, the sounds worked great (even if I do say so myself) :)

Gwydion
November 19th, 2016, 03:31
Hey, Dulux. Question. When I'm sharing a miniboard, can I share with one person? I tried to drag the individual soundboard to a second fg instance (localhost) by dragging and dropping on the character icon at the top left of the screen. It seemed to work but I got a script error. When I just share by right clicking and sharing with anyone who is connected, it seems to work fine. Just curious if it is set up where you have to share each board with all players if you share with one.

Thanks!

darrenan
November 19th, 2016, 04:03
Hey, Dulux. Question. When I'm sharing a miniboard, can I share with one person? I tried to drag the individual soundboard to a second fg instance (localhost) by dragging and dropping on the character icon at the top left of the screen. It seemed to work but I got a script error. When I just share by right clicking and sharing with anyone who is connected, it seems to work fine. Just curious if it is set up where you have to share each board with all players if you share with one.

Thanks!

Ditto, I'm seeing the same thing. Additionally, it seems to be putting the wrong icon next to the miniboard on the GM side. When dragging and dropping it ends up with the red lock icon, and when sharing with all it ends up with the (S) icon instead of the (P) icon. Is it possible you have an off-by-one error when trying to pick the correct icon?

dulux-oz
November 19th, 2016, 04:11
Anything is possible - could one of you please post the error from the log -thanks.

darrenan
November 19th, 2016, 04:14
Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsLibMasterListRecord.lua"]:142: setStateTooltip: Invalid parameter 1

P.S. Miniboards loaded from module seem to have the "opened book with pen" icon next to them by default, instead of the "open book" icon.

dulux-oz
November 19th, 2016, 05:29
Thanks Darrenan - I assume they're actually working properly, apart from the icon and the script error?

darrenan
November 19th, 2016, 06:07
As far as I can tell, yes.

Gwydion
November 19th, 2016, 14:03
Yes. Seems to work ok for me as well absent the script error. Thanks!

Gwydion
November 21st, 2016, 13:41
Quick update. I had my final game of Rob2e's Unknown Whom (highly recommended by the way) yesterday morning. I had miniboards created for all of the players. Essentially a set of custom sounds they could play if they wanted. I also had a number of chatsounds set up. At the beginning of the session I shared the miniboards with all players (ie, I right-clicked and shared them versus dragging individual boards to players). I then told them just to open their board and use it if they wanted.

During the session all of the chatsounds worked flawlessly and the players loved them! A couple of the players really used their miniboards a lot and they worked fine as well. Some that were newer to fg didn't use their boards.

Overall it was an awesome, immersive experience. I feel like this is really dialed in for me now. Thanks so much again to Dulux-Oz for all the incredible work on this and many other extensions. Also to Ben at Syrinscape for an awesome program.

dulux-oz
November 21st, 2016, 13:44
Excellent Gwy, that sounds like a really good experience.

Why don't you cross post on the Syrinscape Boards as well - I'm sure Ben and the other there would love to hear about this too.

Cheers

Gwydion
November 21st, 2016, 13:49
Excellent Gwy, that sounds like a really good experience.

Why don't you cross post on the Syrinscape Boards as well - I'm sure Ben and the other there would love to hear about this too.

Cheers

Good pt. Will do.

Myrdin Potter
November 22nd, 2016, 16:46
I made one large "mini board" and shared with my players last night and they loved it. I will make a few more individual ones now and share them as well. Everyone liked the ability to add sound effects.

Jiminimonka
November 23rd, 2016, 21:47
Hi Everyone,

I've finally gotten a copy of the 5E WotC Theme so I can "rework" all of the DOEs to make them fit the theme better.

But now I need to get some appropriate graphic - if someone could do me up some 5E WotC-style graphics for this Extension (and any of the other DOEs) I'm sure I and the rest of the Community would be very grateful.

For that matter, if the graphics of any of the DOEs aren't quite right for your favorite Ruleset then if you'd like to do some up I'll incorporate them into the next release of the relevant DOE.

Thanks - and spread the word to your RPG GM-friends about the DOEs if they're not using them already. :)

Cheers

I would also like to see DOEs have a 5e Icon! If no one volunteers I might have to look into doing it myself. Where are the graphics for the standard icons hiding?

dulux-oz
November 24th, 2016, 02:20
I would also like to see DOEs have a 5e Icon! If no one volunteers I might have to look into doing it myself. Where are the graphics for the standard icons hiding?

The standard 5E Icons or the standard icons for each DOE?

If its the DOEs, then they're in the Icons folder inside the (zipped up) .ext file.

If you mean the 5E Icons, they're in the 5E Ruleset.

If you mean the 5E WOTC Icons, they're encrypted inside the relevant Extensions - which means I can't get to them :(

christophersons
November 24th, 2016, 20:58
In SAVAGE WORLDS isn't working on CHAT-SOUND!!!!!!

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 00:16
In SAVAGE WORLDS isn't working on CHAT-SOUND!!!!!!

Hi Chris,

Could you please post an example of the ChatSound Trigger string, and maybe even a screenshot of the ChatSound Entry Record - thanks

As a general guideline the more information a person can give us about a problem the quicker/easier it will be to resolve it :)

Cheers

christophersons
November 25th, 2016, 00:31

Nothing do
Does not sound
The created link works by clicking on the icon

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 01:36
Hi Guys & Girls,

I've just placed a new version (v2.3) of the Extension on the first post. This update fixes the SavageWorlds ChatSound issue reported earlier today (bl**dy SavageWorlds! - if anything is going to cause me grief its the SavageWorlds Rulesets :p )

Note: there is no need to for a new version of the DOE: Base.

Enjoy!

christophersons
November 25th, 2016, 01:51
Thanks man! The system is cool boy. Do not leave this job. It's getting really good.

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 02:51
Thanks man! The system is cool boy. Do not leave this job. It's getting really good.

Feel free to support me (as per my sig) :)

Seriously, I'm glad people like it.

chadhill
November 25th, 2016, 08:05
Just a quick question does the DOE: Sound work with the new MoreCore ruleset? I have a large sound library set in 3.5e but would like to transfer to the new MoreCore. Do I have to recreate the library for the new ruleset? Or can I just copy and paste the files?

chadhill
November 25th, 2016, 09:06
My DOE Sound works fine in 3.5e, but not at all in MoreCore, all Locations and Organizations work fine in MoreCore, just not Sound. I think the links will not open Syrinscape, as I said NOTHING happens. I tried testing when I first updated to 3.2, everything worked fine, then again when I started moving my campaign to MoreCore from 3.5e, everything worked fine but no sound. I am not at my computer so I cannot send a screenshot, besides there really is nothing that can be seen, everything appears to be fine, just no sound.

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 09:45
Let me look into it. I'll get back to you asap.

damned
November 25th, 2016, 10:22

dulux-oz let me know if there is anything you need from me....

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 10:24
dulux-oz let me know if there is anything you need from me....

will do - but i suspect its a simple coding clash

actually, did you use a onReceive(msg) anywhere in MoreCore, or do anything at all with the ChatBox code?

damned
November 25th, 2016, 10:37
will do - but i suspect its a simple coding clash

actually, did you use a onReceive(msg) anywhere in MoreCore, or do anything at all with the ChatBox code?

I have no onReceive(msg) anywhere... I have changed the chatbox frames but that is all as far as I can think...

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 10:45
...I have changed the chatbox frames...

That's probably it - I'll take a look-see and see what needs to be (re-)added to the Extension to get it to work again. I had to do something similar to get the SavageWorlds Ruleset playing nice, so I probably "broke" MoreCore in the process :)

Patou
November 25th, 2016, 13:53
Does this work with the recent updates Sir Dulux-Oz??:) Also, do you need to use Syrinscape or can you use your own library mp3's?

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 13:57
Does this work with the recent updates Sir Dulux-Oz??:)

If you are asking if it works with FGv3.2.1, then the long answer is that it says which versions its compatible with on the first post of this thread :)

The short answer is - yes! ;)

Patou
November 25th, 2016, 13:58
Also, do you need to use Syrinscape or can you use your own library mp3's? I'm looking at your wiki now trying to find something on this.... coffee still kicking in

dulux-oz
November 25th, 2016, 14:06
As long as you can initiate the sound via a URL you should be good.

The way to test this is to open up your internet browser and type into the address bar the full path to your sound file (mp3 or whatever). If it plays you're good.

You could also google your audio player software and see if there is anything about using it with a URL.

Cheers

Patou
November 25th, 2016, 14:08
As long as you can initiate the sound via a URL you should be good.

The way to test this is to open up your internet browser and type into the address bar the full path to your sound file (mp3 or whatever). If it plays you're good.

You could also google your audio player software and see if there is anything about using it with a URL.

Cheers

Thank you sir:) I'll give it a go

chadhill
November 25th, 2016, 15:56

Thanks OZ, but I think I figured it out, there is a new sound setting and it was turned off, and Syrinscape was already open from the tests so it did not come up when I clicked the link, sorry, usually I play with things until I break them beyond repair so I am nervous to go into settings, but that was the whole problem thanks guys. Sorry about the wild goose chase. Though on the same note is it possible to transfer my sound library from 3.5e to MC without rebuilding the whole thing?

Callum
November 25th, 2016, 21:50
Hey, dulux-oz, I've just installed the latest version of this (and the DOE Base), and I'm really looking forward to using the new Chatsound (and MiniBoard) functionality. Unfortunately, when I try to add a new item to either of these, I get a console error:

Script Error: [string "wListIconAdd"]:1: attempt to index upvalue 'oWindowNode' (a nil value)

I don't get this error with the Autosound, Sounds, or Setup tabs. I guess this is probably because there are already items in these tabs (which I created with the previous version of the extension), whereas the Chatsound and MiniBoard tabs are empty.

I'm using the PFRPG ruleset, and the latest version of FG (3.2.1).

EDIT: I've discovered that the same error occurs with the 3.5E ruleset, with only DOE extensions turned on. However, it only occurs in existing campaigns. If I create a brand new campaign (with any ruleset), then the error doesn't occur.

EDIT: Further testing shows that the error only occurs in campaigns that already had sounds in, created using the previous version of the extension.

FINAL EDIT (and workaround): Looking at the db.xml files, it appears that the campaigns with existing sounds don't have the <ChatSound> and <MiniBoard> tags in, which is what's causing the error above. I guess that because the <MJB_Sound> section already exists, it's not being created afresh, and so those tags are not being added. I've fixed this in my campaigns by manually adding the missing tags to the db.xml files, but you might want to look at the root cause of the issue for others who aren't happy to edit xml files.

dulux-oz
November 26th, 2016, 01:00
Thanks Callum - I'll get a fix done asap

dulux-oz
November 26th, 2016, 01:02
...is it possible to transfer my sound library from 3.5e to MC without rebuilding the whole thing?

The only way is to export the MiniBord, ChatSounds, etc to a module - you may have to go into the module's xml file and remove any reference to 3.5E (it'll be a <ruleset> tag, if it exists at all).

Jiminimonka
November 26th, 2016, 19:39
The standard 5E Icons or the standard icons for each DOE?

If its the DOEs, then they're in the Icons folder inside the (zipped up) .ext file.

If you mean the 5E Icons, they're in the 5E Ruleset.

If you mean the 5E WOTC Icons, they're encrypted inside the relevant Extensions - which means I can't get to them :(

How about this attachment?

st4lk3r87
November 29th, 2016, 23:58
Hi!

I'm using this extension and I would like to trigger special sound when creatures are hit. So for example when I receive this message in chat: "Damage [11] -> [to Hill Giant] [STATUS: Light]" I play the Giant sound effect. What's your approach in this case? Do you play sounds in this case? Is it possible to apply a special rule like "regular expression" parser instead of a perfect match?

Salva
November 30th, 2016, 04:55
Hi!

I'm using this extension and I would like to trigger special sound when creatures are hit. So for example when I receive this message in chat: "Damage [11] -> [to Hill Giant] [STATUS: Light]" I play the Giant sound effect. What's your approach in this case? Do you play sounds in this case? Is it possible to apply a special rule like "regular expression" parser instead of a perfect match?
Hey hi, it will be nice if there were an easy option for this but i think, at least now, isnt.
The only way (impracticall but effective) i think right now to do this is making as much triggers as damage amount that can be done to the gigant, Ex: "Damage -> [to Hill Giant]" where "*" is from 1 to the max damage an PC can do to the gigant. But i have said is not a practicall way.
Hope Dulux can give us a solution sometime.
Salute

st4lk3r87
November 30th, 2016, 13:33
I'm probably going to take a look to the extension implementation. I don't know how it works with external libraries in LUA. Probably it's not possible to import some regular expression package.

Andraax
November 30th, 2016, 13:59
https://www.lua.org/pil/20.2.html

ddavison
November 30th, 2016, 16:09
I'm probably going to take a look to the extension implementation. I don't know how it works with external libraries in LUA. Probably it's not possible to import some regular expression package.

There is pattern matching in LUA that is close to regular expressions but slightly different.

st4lk3r87
November 30th, 2016, 16:12
Ye, actually the string.find implementation use the plain method; it means that a perfect match of the string is required. It would be very cool to have a checkbox to decide when to use it or not.

Andraax
November 30th, 2016, 22:36
Ye, actually the string.find implementation use the plain method; it means that a perfect match of the string is required. It would be very cool to have a checkbox to decide when to use it or not.

Actually, if you had looked at the link I provided, you would see that string.find uses the "magic patterns" (similar to REs) to match.

st4lk3r87
December 2nd, 2016, 16:42
Actually, if you had looked at the link I provided, you would see that string.find uses the "magic patterns" (similar to REs) to match.

Yes, but string.find has 3 parameters (original_string, string_to_be_searched, plain ). The plain argument can be interpret as "Disable magic patterns". At the moment the extension is passing true to avoid, I guess, a bad usage of the magic patterns. That's why i'm suggesting something similar to a checkbox to enable or not "magic patterns".

Andraax
December 2nd, 2016, 17:44
Yes, but string.find has 3 parameters (original_string, string_to_be_searched, plain ). The plain argument can be interpret as "Disable magic patterns". At the moment the extension is passing true to avoid, I guess, a bad usage of the magic patterns. That's why i'm suggesting something similar to a checkbox to enable or not "magic patterns".

Again, you have not looked at the documentation. the three parameters to string.find are original string, string to find, AND STARTING POSITION. The third parameter is if you want to start searching again past where an earlier match ended to find multiple occurrences.

st4lk3r87
December 2nd, 2016, 17:58
Again, you have not looked at the documentation. the three parameters to string.find are original string, string to find, AND STARTING POSITION. The third parameter is if you want to start searching again past where an earlier match ended to find multiple occurrences.

Ye sorry, the third parameter is the start position. There's a fourth parameters called plain which is used to disable "Magic pattern".

Jiminimonka
December 3rd, 2016, 13:27
I have got this working now with Discord without having the DM's mic open so Syrinscape can cut in.

The procedure is identical to TS or Skype in that you have to tinker with default channels etc. so follow that guide for Discord. The difference are outlined below.

1. Download and install the Discord PTB (Public Test Build) - it is on their download page.

2. Make a new Discord ID for the PTB client. I called mine SoundBot.

3. Voice settings need to be setup pretty much the same as the other Discord guide for Syrinscape (https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-8-using-syrinscape-with-discord-for-online-play/709)

4. Setup voice activity as shown in the picture

5. Make both clients of Discord join the same channel and all sounds will play in Discord.

Hope that is clear enough.

Bidmaron
December 3rd, 2016, 18:35
Why would someone want discord vs teamspeak? What are advantages?

Xarynth
December 4th, 2016, 05:43
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Fantasy Grounds, and I have a question concerning this sound extension and perhaps syrinscape: Will I be able to play songs that I already have on my computer for the background music, because I don't really need to have my own mixes that syrinscape offers.

Sorry if this a pretty basic question, but I'm still learning one step at a time, so thank you so much in advance for any help. :)

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 06:03
The instructions on how to use the virtual cable works for an MP3 player or other sound sources. Shrunscape makes it easy to grab strings the this extension understands and can automate, but I think you can figure out the right command yourself for your player and code it that way. Or not use this extension at all if you don't need automation or the other players having easy access to your standard sounds

dulux-oz
December 4th, 2016, 08:07
Or not use this extension at all if you don't need automation or the other players having easy access to your standard sounds

That's not quite true - even if you don't want to use the automation it does allow you to access your sounds/music from within FG, so you don't have to take focus away from FG to your sound/music player ie you don;t have to swap back and forth.

Myrdin Potter
December 4th, 2016, 08:15
I was being general with automation as the term. Included in that is an inside FG interface. And I agree that if you change sounds often it is much better to stay inside FG.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 23:16
Will I be able to play songs that I already have on my computer for the background music...
Use DOE's OLE extension for this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension I use this all the time to play MP3s from my local hard drive, or web sounds, or anything else really...

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2016, 00:10
Use DOE's OLE extension for this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension I use this all the time to play MP3s from my local hard drive, or web sounds, or anything else really...

Glad you like it (and glad that someone's actually using it) :)

Xarynth
December 9th, 2016, 05:50

Okay, so after taking a little while to figure out how to get this extension working (I really am Completely new to this stuff lol), I finally figured out how it works but sadly I still have questions.

First off, and I apologize if this seems dumb, but you mentioned that you use this extension to utilize files, sounds, vids, etc straight from your hard drive; I only can tell how to put a website url in, so how did you link those items instead?

Second off, let me just be forward in what my goal is: I would like to be able to play background music (because I have movie soundtracks that I wish to utilize), and I want the music to automatically play for my players when I activate it. If possible, I would like to accomplish that with videos as well; have it start to play for them automatically without them having to click the link themselves.

Is this even possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

dulux-oz
December 9th, 2016, 06:05
Yes, it is possible - check out the FG wiki page on Setting up syrinscape with teamspeak for an example of using the extension with vlc media player.

MTS
December 9th, 2016, 06:53
Playing background music for players is more a function of Teamspeak than it is any addon in FG. Not that the addon isn't wonderful, but it's not necessary for playing music over TeamSpeak. Once you've installed the Cable output for your sound system, just set it up as your default playback device, and open your sound program. Then load the cable output in a new tab in TeamSpeak, and you're ready to play for everyone.

Now, if you want to set up automation so that your hit/miss/crit/fail sounds happen without your intervention, that does require the plugin/addon that these guys built. And it's cool.

But it's really easy to use iTunes or whatever to play sounds to your players. Go to the FG wiki page on Setting up syrinscape with teamspeak for more info.

dulux-oz
December 9th, 2016, 10:59
...the plugin/addon that these guys built. And it's cool.

For the record (and because my ego is bigger than the Grand Canyon :p) that should be "this guy", not "these guys" - I might be fat enough to be mistaken for two people but there's only one of me (plus the ego, of course) :)

Callum
December 9th, 2016, 13:44
I've been using this great extension, connected to Syrinscape, for a little while now, and I'm really enjoying it - thanks! Now, if I want to add one or two custom sounds that aren't available in my Syrinscape sound sets (ones I've found on the web, or made myself), is that possible? In particular, can I trigger them as autosounds or chatsounds?

dulux-oz
December 9th, 2016, 14:14
The basic mechanism the DOE: Sound uses is the same for Manual Sounds, Autosounds and Chatsounds - a URL. So if you can get the sound file (eg an mp3) to play via your application (eg vlc media player) via a URL then it'll work in the DOE: Sound Extension.

The way to test this is to fire up Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/whatever and put something like "my_folder/sound.mp3" or "file://my_folder/sound.mp3" or "vlc.exe my_folder/sound.mp3" into the address bar - if it plays then that's your URL.

So experiment with the URLs in your browser, look up the doco for your favorite sound app, and/or google getting your favorite sound app to play via your browser / a URL.

Also, if you want to open up other types of files (eg pdfs, video, etc) then take a look at the DOE: OLE Extension - it was designed to work with all of these URLs and works the same basic way as the DOE: Sound.

Does all that make sense?

Salva
December 9th, 2016, 15:11
Hello all.
I had to learn this awesome extension more from test and error than from reading the manual for two reasons: the mayor is because my not so good english and the second is because im not to fan in reading manuals at all :p. Also i had an marvelous and very clear help form Dulux and other very friendly community members but i think the best way to understand something is with an example and the best example is a grafic one so with your permission Dulux i have done a little video showing how i configure my sounds from my hard drive and from Syrinscape and i hope it will help those new members to understand how it works:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m708p7v8acbydzv/doe%20soun%20ext%20example.mp4?dl=0
Also here how i configure the chat sounds:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv29cao7x68lecu/Chat%20Sound.mp4?dl=0

Also i would like to make a question: Im using The Sound Extension and see that has all i need to play my sounds but i know there is the OLE Extension and as far i has prove it i see it does the same or less than the Sound Extension? I am missing somethig? Do the Sound Extension does the same and more (as i have seen) than the OLE o does the OLE have more or differente option or options than the Sound Extension.

Thank you very much!!!

Gwydion
December 9th, 2016, 19:04
Thanks for sharing, Salva! I love the sound extension as well and use it in every session. As for the OLE extension, I think the big thing is you can use it to link to any external url directly from fantasy grounds. So, where it does have applicability for audio, it could also look to images one the web, video for the players to view, etc.. So, if you have an enormous image you want to share, but don't want to import into fantasy grounds as an example, you can link to the url and the players could view it in their web browser. Just one example. Hope that helps!

Salva
December 9th, 2016, 19:27
So, if you have an enormous image you want to share, but don't want to import into fantasy grounds as an example, you can link to the url and the players could view it in their web browser. Just one example. Hope that helps!
It does (I did not think of that utility specifically) but you can also use the Sound Ext for those. When using the Sound Ext i have placed strings for sounds, images and urls. The only difference i see is the button color of the link. Am i missing or misunderstanding something? :confused:

Gwydion
December 9th, 2016, 19:37
It does (I did not think of that utility specifically) but you can also use the Sound Ext for those. When using the Sound Ext i have placed strings for sounds, images and urls. The only difference i see is the button color of the link. Am i missing or misunderstanding something? :confused:

Hmmm... I never tried to use strings for urls, images, etc in the sound extension! Well, I suspect Dulux-Oz will come on shortly and explain the reason for the two extensions. I'm sure there is a good reason, I just don't know what it is now! :)

Salva
December 9th, 2016, 19:42
Hmmm... I never tried to use strings for urls, images, etc in the sound extension! Well, I suspect Dulux-Oz will come on shortly and explain the reason for the two extensions. I'm sure there is a good reason, I just don't know what it is now! :)
Mmmm i was thinking that maybe with the sound ext they only work for the host and not for players and with the Ole it works for both Host and players but im guessing.
As you good sir say Mr. Dulux-Oz will surely iluminate us.

PD: I just tried viceversa placing a sound string in the Ole and it works too. :confused:

Xarynth
December 10th, 2016, 02:31
Yes, it is possible - check out the FG wiki page on Setting up syrinscape with teamspeak for an example of using the extension with vlc media player.

Okay, so I'm starting to understand more and more one step at a time. After researching the Wiki Page and the Manuel, I know what I want is possible and I feel like I'm so close, yet here I am still scratching my head with more questions...

My crew and I are already planning on using skype for our FG sessions, so that we can interact via video chat of course; so my question is, do I use skype in lieu of teamspeak in order to accomplish my goal? (Which is playing my own background music when I want to everyone, without them needing to click a link)

In other words, would it work like:

Fantasy Grounds (via DOE: Sound Extension => VLC Player (playing my own MP3 files from my hard drive) => VB-Cable => Skype ?

Salva
December 10th, 2016, 02:47
Okay, so I'm starting to understand more and more one step at a time. After researching the Wiki Page and the Manuel, I know what I want is possible and I feel like I'm so close, yet here I am still scratching my head with more questions...

My crew and I are already planning on using skype for our FG sessions, so that we can interact via video chat of course; so my question is, do I use skype in lieu of teamspeak in order to accomplish my goal? (Which is playing my own background music when I want to everyone, without them needing to click a link)

In other words, would it work like:

Fantasy Grounds (via DOE: Sound Extension => VLC Player (playing my own MP3 files from my hard drive) => VB-Cable => Skype ?

Yes

Xarynth
December 10th, 2016, 02:48
Okay so now I just need to actually figure out how to do that.... lol

Salva
December 10th, 2016, 03:11
Okay so now I just need to actually figure out how to do that.... lol
I have post video examples for setupping the extesion and here you can find how to configure Voicemeeter and skype:
https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-7-using-syrinscape-with-skype-for-online-play/426
If you have nay trouble i can help you :)

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2016, 03:27
Hi Guys,

First of all, skype vs teamspeak - you'll probably find things easier to use with teamspeak for several reasons, including the amount of bandwidth used, the ability for individuals to adjust the volumes separately for the others on the channel (including a special "user(s)" for sound(s), etc. The one advantage skype has over teamspeak is video - other than that I find that teamspeak has way more advantages over skype. But if you want to use skype then you can substitute the teamspeak setup instructions for skype, you'll just won't be able to have "separate channels" for your voice and for sounds.

DOE: Sound vs DOE: OLE - both extensions use the same basic mechanism and have a lot of code in common. However, the DOE: Sound is more sophisticated and is designed around getting sounds and sound triggers sent across the internet, so there's a lot more going on "under the covers". The DOE: OLE is designed specifically for all the other URL-type links (images, pdfs, etc) - all those things that you DON'T want and DON'T want the triggers for traveling across the net. So, can you use the one Extension to do everything? Yes, you can. Should you? No, you shouldn't, because one has been designed and has a whole bunch of options you want for sounds, and the other is lean & mean and works best for all the other things you'd want links for. Trying to use one designed for the other purpose might lead to odd results and possibly even FG crashing, so its best to use each tool for what it was designed for :)

Does all that make sense to people?

Salva
December 10th, 2016, 04:05
Yes Dulux, thanks!

Callum
December 10th, 2016, 14:46
The basic mechanism the DOE: Sound uses is the same for Manual Sounds, Autosounds and Chatsounds - a URL. So if you can get the sound file (eg an mp3) to play via your application (eg vlc media player) via a URL then it'll work in the DOE: Sound Extension.

The way to test this is to fire up Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/whatever and put something like "my_folder/sound.mp3" or "file://my_folder/sound.mp3" or "vlc.exe my_folder/sound.mp3" into the address bar - if it plays then that's your URL.

Does all that make sense?

Yes, that makes perect sense - thanks! The only thing I'm not clear on is whether my players will be able to hear the sounds played that way. Syrinscape is linked to Teamspeak via the virtual cable, but how will these sounds get to my players?

Salva
December 10th, 2016, 15:00
Yes, that makes perect sense - thanks! The only thing I'm not clear on is whether my players will be able to hear the sounds played that way. Syrinscape is linked to Teamspeak via the virtual cable, but how will these sounds get to my players?
Yes they will.
Check this out:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20350-TUTORIAL-Using-Virtual-Audio-Cable-to-add-ambient-music-amp-noises-to-Teamspeak-gamin
https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-6-using-syrinscape-with-teamspeak-for-online-play/424

Hope it helps you

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2016, 15:03
Its all spelled out in the Manual and on the Wiki Page, but the short answer is is that the trigger to play a sound is sent to all players and the GM over the net, just like the trigger that causes a die roll to show up in everyone's chatbox, no matter who instigates it. The system them takes that trigger instruction and plays the sound using the playing app on the local PC - so if a player has syrinscape installed then the player's copy of syrinscape will play the same sound as the GM's copy (provided the player turns on the sound option in the FG options). However, if the player doesn't have syrinscape installed then they need to leave the sound option turned off, otherwise it causes problems.

So there are two ways to hear sounds - via teamspeak (with the teamspeak client) and via a local copy of syrinscape (on each player's PC) - and the two methods can be mixed.

Does that answer your question? :)

Callum
December 10th, 2016, 15:16
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I already have Syrinscape linked to Teamspeak via the virtual audio cable, and that works beautifully (my players hear the sounds via Teamspeak). But what I'm still not sure about (and can't find in the wiki or manual) is whether they will be able to hear other (non-Syrinscape) sounds triggered via URL, or whether I need to do some additional setup to make those work alongside the Syrinscape sounds.

Salva
December 10th, 2016, 15:27
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I already have Syrinscape linked to Teamspeak via the virtual audio cable, and that works beautifully (my players hear the sounds via Teamspeak). But what I'm still not sure about (and can't find in the wiki or manual) is whether they will be able to hear other (non-Syrinscape) sounds triggered via URL, or whether I need to do some additional setup to make those work alongside the Syrinscape sounds.

They will be able and i think you have to make an aditional config (new identity).
I dont use teamspeak for my games because y prefer Skype and with this config: https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-7-using-syrinscape-with-skype-for-online-play/426 im able to play any sound from any source to my players. If i need different volumes i can adjust each volume source and if i need to adjust volumes from sounds/music in my hard drive i change the extension of the files to be played in diferent players like .mp3 for wondows media pleyer, .wav for VLC etc and adjust volume acorddingly.

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2016, 15:27
Sorry, I mis-understood. if you are using other sounds and (more importantly) other sound playing apps then they too need to be fed into teamspeak. There is an example of doing this using the vlc media player app on the wiki page "Using Teamspeak with Syrinscape" and, if you are using VB-Audio Cable there are also instruction on their website on how to use their mixer app (Voice Meeter) to do this as well.

As a side note, if you are going to start to pump multiple sound sources down teamspeak (using the DOE: Sound or not) then you've probably going to want to use Voice Meeter and/or Voice Meeter Banana (the big brother) to set things up so you only have to do the set up once. Its not too difficult, but it can get complex. As an example, I use Voice Meeter Banana to connect my Dolby 7.1 speaker system, my microphone, my Jabra Speaker/Mic, Syrinscape, VLC Media player, and my default windows sound settings, to teamspeak (3+ separate channels as required) and to skype and with the click of an onscreen button have sound coming from exactly where I want and going to exactly where I want - because I set thing up that way with all free software (free all except my syrinscape subscription). :)

st4lk3r87
December 10th, 2016, 19:17
Hi!

I have a problem with chatsound and triggers. It looks like every time I load my campaign, the TRIGGER field trim extra spaces. This is a problem because when I want to play a sound attached to a chat message like: "Effect ['Hail of Thorns (C)'] [D:10] -> [to PLAYERNAME]" you can notice that between the effect text ['Hail of Thorns (C)'] and duration text [D:10] fantasy grounds generates 2 spaces and not 1.
If I restart my campaign the Trigger is changed again so I'm forced to update the trigger every time i restart the campaign.

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2016, 01:03
That's not FG nor the DOE: Sound Extension - that's the stuff around the URL-standard which strips out extra spaces. It'll do it for web addresses and anything else accessed via a URL in any application.

So sorry, nothing I can do.

I am playing around with better string recognition for a (possible) future version, but even then I don't think the "double space" issue will be resolved.

Mind you, if someone's got a solution (or if I'm wrong about the "space stripping") then I'd love to hear about it.

st4lk3r87
December 11th, 2016, 01:19
So, the Trigger is stored as a URL-standard string?

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2016, 02:40
Sort of - its stored as a string and processed as a url-standard string - the the url processing is done via an internal FG-function (which I have no control over)

st4lk3r87
December 11th, 2016, 02:42
Ok, thank you for the explanation :)
Could it be fixed by trimming all the double spaces when "DOE: Sound" receive the chat message? Does it makes sense? Or is it too limited as possible solution?

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2016, 02:50
Its one of the things I'm looking into :)

Don't worry, I'm trying lots of things to make the whole system work better - it just takes time

st4lk3r87
December 11th, 2016, 02:52
I can imagine :), I think you already did a great job with all your extensions!

dulux-oz
December 18th, 2016, 00:57
Just an update / FYI :

I've just been (re-)informed by Ben over at Syrinscape that their standard license allows up to three devices to use the same license key at the same time. So if people wanted to use the DOE: Sound option where each player has a copy of Syrinscape locally then you only need a minimum of one Syrinscape License/Subscription for every three people.

Of course, if we want to do the right thing by Ben then it would be nice for each of us to have our own Syrinscape Licence/Subscription, but for those who want to "try before they buy" or if you really can't afford the price of 2-3 coffees a month then at least this will help somewhat

Cheers

Myrdin Potter
December 18th, 2016, 01:04
I am not 100% sure how to parse that last post. I have the program and bought a bunch of the soundscapes (I really do not like saas). It is on my machine and hooked to teamspeak by the virtual cable.

What use would trigger the need for additional licenses? Listening on teamspeak? Triggering sounds through the extension to play on my machine?

dulux-oz
December 18th, 2016, 01:09
One of the ways to use the DOE: Sound is to NOT pump the sound down your VoIP app but instead for everyone to have their own copy of the sound app (Syrinscape in this case). This way there is way less bandwidth being consumed and there is less setup for whoever would be originally running the audio app and pumping the sound down the VoIP app (and that doesn't have to be the GM but can be anybody!).

This IS all spelt out in the Manual and on the Wiki Page, btw ;)

Cheers

Myrdin Potter
December 18th, 2016, 01:17
I know there are other ways, I am more concerned about the need for additional licenses.

So if I stick to the model where I pump the sounds from my computer using my owned/licensed soundscapes, then no additional license needed?

I would assume that if the model is local copy of Syrinscape and everyone plays sounds on their own machine then they need to own or have access to those particular sounds anyways.

dulux-oz
December 18th, 2016, 01:24
Yeap - this is just another option on how thing could be used - and the more options around the happier I am :)

Gwydion
December 18th, 2016, 15:37
This may have been asked already, but can you have a sound trigger off of a specific roll that comes through chat? I suspect not, but curious. I was thinking with a 1 or a 20 on a save, attack, etc...

christophersons
December 18th, 2016, 20:39
Guys! Does sounds not be divided into groups?
16974 16975

dulux-oz
December 19th, 2016, 00:57
Not sure what you're asking Chris - could you expand on your question please?

dulux-oz
December 19th, 2016, 00:58
This may have been asked already, but can you have a sound trigger off of a specific roll that comes through chat? I suspect not, but curious. I was thinking with a 1 or a 20 on a save, attack, etc...

Only if you can come up with the appropriate triggering string (in plain text) - I'm working on maybe using wildcards in triggering strings, but its cause hassles.

Gwydion
December 21st, 2016, 16:33
Only if you can come up with the appropriate triggering string (in plain text) - I'm working on maybe using wildcards in triggering strings, but its cause hassles.

Got it. I guess my point is the actual number that displays in chat after a die roll is not plain text correct?

christophersons
December 21st, 2016, 16:35
Not sure what you're asking Chris - could you expand on your question please?

I can't separate sounds into groups as can normally be done in other functions. Terrible google translator !!

Another thing! Text editing is no longer appearing correctly. Missing Bold, Underlined, .............

dulux-oz
December 22nd, 2016, 00:51
Got it. I guess my point is the actual number that displays in chat after a die roll is not plain text correct?

No that's right, its not - you'll just have to wait until I can improve the chat-parser :)

dulux-oz
December 22nd, 2016, 00:52
I can't separate sounds into groups as can normally be done in other functions. Terrible google translator !!

Another thing! Text editing is no longer appearing correctly. Missing Bold, Underlined, .............

OK, I'll take a look and see what I can work out

Cheers

SpiritofFire
December 23rd, 2016, 02:52
I can't seem to find it in the wiki.

Can someone explain the updates from v2.1 to 2.3? Particularly where it relates to chatsounds?

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2016, 02:59
Its on the first post

SpiritofFire
December 23rd, 2016, 03:07
Its on the first post

I probably should have worded it differently.

Could you elaborate on:
2.2 - Bug Fixes and Better Module Integration of Chatsounds and Autosounds

Any chance this means inclusion of wildcards?

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2016, 03:19
Nope - wildcards are something I'm still trying to work out how to do without breaking existing stuff - sorry :)

rob2e
December 23rd, 2016, 10:14
I have got this working now with Discord without having the DM's mic open so Syrinscape can cut in.

The procedure is identical to TS or Skype in that you have to tinker with default channels etc. so follow that guide for Discord. The difference are outlined below.

1. Download and install the Discord PTB (Public Test Build) - it is on their download page.

2. Make a new Discord ID for the PTB client. I called mine SoundBot.

3. Voice settings need to be setup pretty much the same as the other Discord guide for Syrinscape (https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-8-using-syrinscape-with-discord-for-online-play/709)

4. Setup voice activity as shown in the picture

5. Make both clients of Discord join the same channel and all sounds will play in Discord.

Hope that is clear enough.

I'm pretty stuck. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

I have all the software installed, but I can't seem to figure out quite how to set up the sound bot in Discord. I followed the instructions, but it doesn't seem to be working. I know I'm missing something, but I can't figure out WHAT I'm missing.

mwolf
December 23rd, 2016, 23:40
So for some reason when I make a sound link using the setup the blue clef note button will not play the sound either in the sound tab or mini board tab. However if I create a link using the story module it will play.

Basically:

Blue Clef Note - No sound on click
Shield Icon - Sound will play

I just started using the Fantasy Grounds so maybe I am doing something wrong but I have gone over every tutorial and don't see anything I have done wrong. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Moved to correct Thread

dulux-oz
December 24th, 2016, 00:43
So for some reason when I make a sound link using the setup the blue clef note button will not play the sound either in the sound tab or mini board tab. However if I create a link using the story module it will play.

Basically:

I just started using the Fantasy Grounds so maybe I am doing something wrong but I have gone over every tutorial and don't see anything I have done wrong. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Have you turned on Sound in the FG Options?

Doing sound links via the Shield Icon may play the sound, but it will cause issues down the track, which is why we don't use this method (any more).

damned
December 25th, 2016, 23:01

Basically:

Thanks!

Hi mwolf I was able to get both working in MoreCore last night.

rob2e
December 28th, 2016, 08:29
Totally had this working with Discord, then now it doesn't. Is there a list of "common things" perhaps that people (ME!) forget or change without knowing? I can't for the life of me figure out why it's not working all of a sudden.

I have the sound profile set correctly...

I change the default playback device to "Cable Input".
I open Syrinscape.
I change the default playback to speakers.
I have the volume up on the speakers.
I have the volume slider up on Syrinscape.

CAN. NOT. FIGURE. IT. OUT.

Help?

Zeus
December 28th, 2016, 11:31
Dulux-Oz - ello. Its been a while. I managed to escape the code cave for 5 mins and have been catching up on all things community related. Kudos - it looks like you have been a very busy man. Some great extensions which I look forward to incorporating into my games.

Talking of which, I have a game coming up this Friday during which I thought it would be fun to give your DOE: Sound extension a whirl. Problem is despite having installed the base (v2.2) and sound (v2.3) extensions and after having followed the Usage guidelines in the accompanying help module to create a SoundSetup, Sound and MiniBoard I am struggling to get any sounds to play at all.

I am obviously doing something wrong, but no idea what at this stage. I have attached a screenshot of the various FG sound windows so you can check my setup. Syrinscape is open and running in the background. If I click the purple note links - nothing is happening. :( I have double checked the string is correct (copied in using Control V) and also confirmed the Sound setting in Settings is set to On - but still no sound. Help.

dulux-oz
December 28th, 2016, 11:33
Are you getting any sound locally (this is to both Rob and Zeus)?

If not, confirm that you have turn ON sounds in the FG Options List.

Zeus
December 28th, 2016, 11:38
Yes Sound is On in Options. If I open up WineCfg and switch to the Audio tab and click Test Sound I get a tone playing through my laptops speakers so Sound is working at the OS level. Similarly if I play a sound directly in Syrinscape it plays through the laptops speakers fine.

Its only when I click a purple link in FG, that no sound is being played.

damned
December 28th, 2016, 11:43
Zeus - set it up to play a local sound and see if that works?

damned
December 28th, 2016, 11:44
And why are you forking the main project?
Current Project: Unity 5.2 migration (fork of main project tree)