PDA

View Full Version : Creating/exporting a reference manual

FSHSchmo
May 6th, 2016, 23:10
So I have been trying to get parse to build out a reference manual for SoTDL but it not working properly (thats another thread). My question is, can I build out a reference manual within Fantasy Grounds along with story entries, etc or is the reference manual only something that can be done using parse?

Zacchaeus
May 6th, 2016, 23:32
You can't export reference material from within Fantasy Grounds. You can do it with par5e however. I'm not sure if you could convert a module exported from FG into a reference by manipulating the XML.

FSHSchmo
May 6th, 2016, 23:34
Can you create a reference manual within a FG campaign?

Zacchaeus
May 6th, 2016, 23:37
No, you can only create story entries.

damned
May 7th, 2016, 04:53
You can only create story entries but you can embed links etc in them and while it wont be as nice as a reference manual it can be sufficient for any purposes.

Zacchaeus
May 7th, 2016, 12:17
You can only create story entries but you can embed links etc in them and while it wont be as nice as a reference manual it can be sufficient for any purposes.

Good idea. Also I should have said that if your reference manual just contains stuff like NPCs and equipment then you can export those into modules that can be used as reference material. However you can't reproduce something like the Player's Handbook or DMG by exporting.