PDA

View Full Version : Creating New Rulesets Question

Xel
June 2nd, 2005, 04:57
Greetings,
I have a few questions about creating new rule sets - I am interested in moving the StarWars RPG Rulesets into FantasyGrounds. First of all, I currently have the Lite version (client only) of FG - do I need the full version to create custom rule sets? From how the interface works when creating a new character with the Lite version, I would guess that I do _not_ need the full version to do so. My second question is about how exactly I create this rule set. I've heard people make mention of modifying the current set files, but all of the folders are pretty much empty in my C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds folder - including the 'rulesets' folder. This leads me to believe that the D20 rules are hard-coded in to FG in some way. What do I do to get this 'template' to modify?

Thanks in advance,
--Xel

Cantstanzya
June 2nd, 2005, 05:07
Welcome aboard. Yes, you will need the full version to create a ruleset. As far as what it takes to create a ruleset, editing textfiles (XML) and some work with graphic files. You might want to check the message boards to see if there is already someone working on it, I thought I saw some posts related to this. If there are, PM and see if you can help. If there is no one already working on it, grab the bull by the horns and do it yourself. It's not that difficult depending on how in depth you want to get.

Xel
June 2nd, 2005, 09:16
I actually was able to modify the XML of another ruleset and view it in the Lite version. Is there any documentation on how to create a ruleset? Looking at the XML can be a tad bit confusing - a tutorial or some strong documentation would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
--Xel