PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab -> Fantasy Grounds Converter

dberkompas
May 5th, 2016, 04:25
If you use Hero Lab, I've just started a project that will take Custom XML output from Hero Lab, and create a file for importing into Fantasy Grounds.

It's only for D&D 5E, but it is similar to my Character Generator for Call of Cthulhu 7E.

You can find my thread on the Lone Wolf Development forums:

https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55757

Boomer

kylania
May 5th, 2016, 16:02
That's very cool! Sadly HL is locked to a single device, so I can't play with this till I get home, but looks promising.

dberkompas
May 5th, 2016, 17:40
I don't know if it's still available, but LWD used to give a second free license, and any above that used to be $10.

Boomer

Krimson
May 6th, 2016, 03:38
I've tried it a few times and I'm afraid nothing happens when I click the button. The text doesn't appear in the other box. Not even an error message. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything blocked in my settings.

dberkompas
May 6th, 2016, 05:53
Can you try again please, and let me know if the dialog box comes up saying invalid XML.

Boomer

kylania
May 6th, 2016, 06:40
Worked for me, but it didn't convert most of the character file.

Attached you'll find the HL output and the resulting FG converted file for troubleshooting.

dberkompas
May 6th, 2016, 07:38
@kylania,

Thanks for providing the xml files. I'll be slowly adding features as people ask for them.
(or if/when LWD comes out with their own converter, then this project will gather cobwebs)

Boomer

dberkompas
May 6th, 2016, 08:39
Added Personality Traits, Ideals, Flaws and Bonds.

Added Age, Height, Weight and Size.