PDA

View Full Version : XML has me pulling my hair out.

Coanunn
May 4th, 2016, 04:46
So, I'm working on a module and I wanted to cross reference everything in the module. Many of the PDFs include page number entries for cross reference, which simply doesn't work so I wanted to include links to make up the difference. I have mostly gotten those input but I have a few that refer back to the beastiary. I've tried using a link to the beastiary entry itself and it opens a blank npc sheet. I've tried the same from the NPC list, with the same result. I assume I am getting the syntax wrong but for the life of me I can not find a syntax that works. Anyone have any experience with linking to npcs or linking to beastiary entries? I'm very close to simply giving up as nearly all of the other links work perfectly but it is just such a let down as I know the Library Extension is capable of making the change but once I unify it all into a single module it falls apart.

Doswelk
May 4th, 2016, 07:50
DO what I do "cheat"

When I am getting grief with a link I open a story entry and create the link there (from the library module) then open the campaign db.xml and copy the <link> line.

Coanunn
May 4th, 2016, 08:33
DO what I do "cheat"

When I am getting grief with a link I open a story entry and create the link there (from the library module) then open the campaign db.xml and copy the <link> line.

Ahem.. PUCK YOU! I mean that with all the fondness in my heart. I can't believe I didn't think to do that! Thanks mate.