PDA

View Full Version : A00: Crow’s Rest Island - Can't Figure out Characters

wishfire
May 4th, 2016, 03:05
Hi,

Day 2 of FG so am very confused. I purchased A00: Crow’s Rest Island, which says it has 4 pregen characters with Hero Lab files. Basically, I can't find any characters or the Hero Lab files but I have the module and campaign setting activated and can see the story, items, character tokens, etc. Are the characters here and I'm just overlooking them or what?

Thanks in advance for any help.

damned
May 4th, 2016, 04:15
Welcome wishfire!
I dont have this particular module but I believe you will go into the Characters icon on the campaign tools and click the edit button at bottom and then Import and somewhere you should find the XML characters in your FG data folder.
Trenloe did this conversion I think and he will be along soon enough to provide a better reply if this doesnt work.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2016, 05:13
I didn't do the conversion for Crow's Rest Island.

You might try looking in <FG App Data>\AddOns or <FG App Data>\docs for an XML file of pregens you can import. There might be some there, it's the usual place for things like this.

wishfire
May 4th, 2016, 15:10
I didn't do the conversion for Crow's Rest Island.

You might try looking in <FG App Data>\AddOns or <FG App Data>\docs for an XML file of pregens you can import. There might be some there, it's the usual place for things like this.

I saw the folder for Crow's Rest Island under AddOns but the only file is the uninst.exe file. I'm away from the computer and will check the Docs folder when I get home. Thanks.

wishfire
May 4th, 2016, 15:15
Welcome wishfire!
I dont have this particular module but I believe you will go into the Characters icon on the campaign tools and click the edit button at bottom and then Import and somewhere you should find the XML characters in your FG data folder.
Trenloe did this conversion I think and he will be along soon enough to provide a better reply if this doesnt work.

Thanks! Any module with pregen characters you can recommend for a new group? We're thinking Pathfinder.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2016, 15:19
I'm trying to dig out the pregens for this. I'll let you know if I find them...

A00 - and the following A series are good for a new group.

wishfire
May 4th, 2016, 23:04
I'm trying to dig out the pregens for this. I'll let you know if I find them...

A00 - and the following A series are good for a new group.

I checked the docs folder and it is empty. I don't think they are included in the package. :(

Trenloe
May 4th, 2016, 23:07
Try these, I've been given permission by AAW Games to share these.

I created them myself when I ran A00 at FG Con 4.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2016, 23:12
You can also get a good idea of the pregens in this free PDF: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/106944/BASICseries-Iconics-for-Standard-Pathfinder

wishfire
May 4th, 2016, 23:31
You can also get a good idea of the pregens in this free PDF:

That's perfect, many thanks. These are the same pregens designed with A00 in mind? Same names at least ...

Trenloe
May 4th, 2016, 23:34
That's perfect, many thanks. These are the same pregens designed with A00 in mind? Same names at least ...
The XML file I attached is the pregens straight from A00. The PDF on DriveThruRPG is the same pregens but made specifically for the Pathfinder Beginner Box - there aren't any significant differences.

I'd recommend at least loading up the XML and checking them out - the spell casters already have their spells, etc. all setup.

Answulf
July 30th, 2016, 21:42
I was just going to update this... I got the Fantasy Grounds 5E version of Crow's Rest Island today from their website and the pregen characters aren't there either. No character XML file in the .mod.

Snippels
November 11th, 2018, 14:20
Hi,

I just bought A00: Crow's Rest Island as well.

Reading the description at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=AAWFGA00 I supposed that the PDF is also included.

A0: Crow's Rest Island (PDF)- Introduction to the A-Series Adventure Path!

I see the contents of the module in Fantasy Grounds but wonder how/where/if I can access the pdf version as well?

Thanks, Snippels

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 14:31
Hi,

I just bought A00: Crow's Rest Island as well.

Reading the description at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=AAWFGA00 I supposed that the PDF is also included.

A0: Crow's Rest Island (PDF)- Introduction to the A-Series Adventure Path!

I see the contents of the module in Fantasy Grounds but wonder how/where/if I can access the pdf version as well?

Thanks, Snippels
I don't have that product, but try looking in the <FG App Data>\docs directory for the PDF.

If it's not there, you can get it for PWYW (pay what you want) here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/108422/A00-Crows-Rest-Island

Another way to access it is to get a free 1 month subscription from the publisher at: https://adventureaweek.com/subscribe/ This will give you access to all of their smaller adventures (include A00) in web book format (active during the subscription) and 2 downloads - which can be PDF or FG module products.

Miko_Chan
July 12th, 2019, 19:56
A bit of a thread necro but with Crow's Rest Island coming with some of the FGUnity kickstarter rewards, you can get the hero lab files AT LEAST from the free pdf of the adventure on DriveThruRPG. After getting the pdf and going to checkout there was an extra zip file with the herolab files.