PDA

View Full Version : PFC - Master of the Fallen Fortress - CORE

Blackfoot
May 2nd, 2016, 16:57
A dungeon-based adventure for 1st-level characters.

The ruined siege castles outside Absalom have long beckoned adventurers looking to make a name for themselves. Now an earthquake has cracked open one of these fabled ruins, and its lost mysteries and fantastic treasures lie exposed for the first time in centuries. But the tower's empty halls once more echo with living footfalls, and a new master has claimed the Fallen Fortress as his own. Can the PCs find a way to get inside its shattered walls? What ancient dangers and fresh threats will they encounter inside its crumbling chambers? And will the PCs be able to defeat the current Master of the Fallen Fortress?

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1966) and Post your character information to this thread.

NOTE: This is game is part of the CORE Campaign. ALL Characters MUST be CORE ONLY.

Brand New characters post the following information to this thread:
Character Name:
Class:
PFS#
Faction:
Starting Gold (After initial purchases):

OR
Character Name:
Class:
and your previous Chronicle Sheet.

This game will run Friday May 6th at 2pm Eastern Time. (Check the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1966) for local time conversion)

Nemori
May 2nd, 2016, 17:12
Awesome, signed up. I'll start working on the character when I get home.

Farnaby
May 2nd, 2016, 19:25
Bugger, it's the same time as cmdisc's game

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 19:54
Bugger, it's the same time as cmdisc's game

My games are on the 8th and 13th. So you're good to go. :)

Blackfoot
May 2nd, 2016, 20:14
Huh? No.. his game is on Sunday.

aerine
May 2nd, 2016, 22:01
Only 1st levels? Or can a 2nd sneak in as well...

Blackfoot
May 2nd, 2016, 22:15
I thought I had seen somewhere that these were playable 1 time at level 2.. but I can't find the reference and the guide doesn't call it out. The Tier is 1... there are no subtiers.

Nemori
May 2nd, 2016, 23:15
All Tier 1 scenarios and Tier 1–2 sanctioned modules are
available for unlimited replay with a 1st-level character for
credit. The sanctioned modules may also be played with a
2nd-level character once for credit in each mode.

Did you mean this? It mentions play once with 2nd-level character, although it doesn't apply to our case I think.

aerine
May 2nd, 2016, 23:44
Did you mean this? It mentions play once with 2nd-level character, although it doesn't apply to our case I think.

I think it applies to the evergreens....

d1wright
May 5th, 2016, 11:27
I'm available Friday as an alternate if you need a halfling monk of 1st level.

Blackfoot
May 5th, 2016, 11:47
Aerine, will you be joining us for this one since it is level 1 only?

Blackfoot
May 5th, 2016, 16:58
OK.. So it looks like the lineup is:
Nemori
Farnaby
Aaron (my friend)
d1wright

Please get my your characters ASAP as the game is tomorrow at 2pm Eastern (18:00 GMT)... Farnaby.. I probably have Neeha... if there are no changes from last time.

Blackfoot
May 5th, 2016, 23:52
I have no characters and the game is less than 24 hours away... it is starting to look like this won't happen.

Nemori
May 6th, 2016, 00:03
Here are files for Corneliu, I hope everything is in order.

Character Name: Corneliu Argolemi
Class: Cleric

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 01:13
Nemori, you get 'Varisian' as a free language due to your Ethnicity.. and you get 1 more starting feat seeing as you are human.
I'm not sure what the 'Skilled' Trait is.. but it is not core legal. You can get Perception as a class skill with either the Scarab Sages or the Grand Lodge faction traits though.
Also.. you need to pick an individual profession... professions are each a unique skill.

I have added effects to his spells and once you get these questions resolved you should be good to go.

Nemori
May 6th, 2016, 01:40
Oh, right, I didn't look at languages to the PFS guide.

Skilled is not a trait, but a racial feature - it's just a reminder that humans have +1 skill point, it doesn't really have to be there. I already took Perception from Grand Lodge via the Observant trait.

The missing feat should be Selective Channeling.

Profession is 'healer' if possible, or 'midwife'.

I dragged the spells straight from the library module. I kinda expected the effect to be there, bummer :(

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 02:05
The basic module doesn't have much in the way of effects.. some of them come over.. most do not.. Farnaby's module is much better for Effects.. but it only goes up to level 3 or so.

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 05:04
I have all 4 characters so it looks like we are good to go. :)

Farnaby
May 6th, 2016, 09:05
Not quite. :)

I had a brain fart and retrained the wrong character....

So here's Neeha as she should be:

Do not forget she has an hawk as an arcane familiar.

Also I am purchasing a wand of Summon Monster I for 2pp and so you will be prepared, I'll
be spamming flanking buddies using dire rats and dogs as well as eagles for attacking. :D

Farnaby
May 6th, 2016, 09:06
The basic module doesn't have much in the way of effects.. some of them come over.. most do not.. Farnaby's module is much better for Effects.. but it only goes up to level 3 or so.

I've finished entering the level 4 spells and am just going through all of them to check duration is rds and mins as well as effects.
It's taking it's time...

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 10:30
Why did you change some of the spells from 1 minute to 10 rounds?

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 10:46
Also I am purchasing a wand of Summon Monster I for 2pp and so you will be prepared, I'll
be spamming flanking buddies using dire rats and dogs as well as eagles for attacking. :DYou know that when you cast from a wand it isn't YOU casting it.. so you don't get the benefit of your Arcane School.. right? Same holds for Intense Magic Missiles from a wand.. or any other School ability like that.

Farnaby
May 6th, 2016, 14:17
Why did you change some of the spells from 1 minute to 10 rounds?

No particular reason at all.

As to the wand, I wasn't sure but that's okay.

Nemori
May 6th, 2016, 15:16
be spamming flanking buddies using dire rats and dogs as well as eagles for attacking. :D

We're going to be like a traveling circus - a halfling, a musician, a magician and trained animals. I could just start selling tickets.

Blackfoot
May 6th, 2016, 16:47
Would it be ok with you guys if we started a half hour earlier ? I am a bit tight on my schedule tonight so it would help.. if everyone isn't cool with it.. we'll stick with the posted time.. otherwise.. we'll start a half hour early.

Farnaby
May 6th, 2016, 17:42
Okay by me.

Nemori
May 6th, 2016, 18:12
I'll just finish dinner and I'm ready.

Blackfoot
May 7th, 2016, 03:05
Sorry I had to bolt... as it was I was an hour late for dinner.

I'll get in touch with each of you individually with regards to chronicles and whatnot.