PDA

View Full Version : PFS Module - Feast of Ravenmoor CORE (3XP/4PP, Lvls 2-4), Friday the 13th?

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 08:29
Would anyone be interested in playing Feast of Ravenmoor this coming Friday the 13th? I figured the theme of the module was very fitting for that particular day. We'll just have to see how the dice choose to behave. ;)

It would be a CORE game and priority goes to anyone whose highest level character is only 2nd or 3rd. This is meant to give an XP boost to those who are interested in continuing with the Season 3 CORE series that Blackfoot, d1wright, and I are running. So if your highest level PC is 4th+, I will slot you as availability allows.

Last time I ran it, it took around 7 - 7.5 hours. I'd like to begin at 6pm GMT on that Friday and go until I can't see the dice clearly anymore. This may mean doing a follow up either on Saturday or Sunday at 6pm GMT to wrap things up.

If you are interested and available, post it here. If there is enough of a response, I will put up a calendar entry.

Again, remember that I am giving priority to those with highest level characters of 2nd or 3rd only.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1965

Table
IrishBouzouki
aerine
Nemori
bigboom
Farnaby
HoloGnome

bigboom
May 2nd, 2016, 08:39
Count me in! But only as an alternate because I already have a character at level 4.

Farnaby
May 2nd, 2016, 08:40
I'd love to play.

Neeha's only 1 xp away from 2nd level so she's out and Layni is at 3rd level so I'll bring her.
Just waiting on the chronicle from the last game.
If I can get Neeha to 2nd before then I'll bring her.

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 08:55
I'd love to play...Layni is at 3rd level so I'll bring her.

If the party allows ever-trusting Layni to call the shots, they deserve what comes from it. :p

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 09:00
Ah, just noticed as I'm looking at the Chronicles for Tide of Twilight. Layni's will put her at 9XP...which is 4th. So congratulations on leveling, but that will push you off to Alternate status behind bigboom.

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 09:06
If the interest is there, I might run a 2nd table for secondary characters if my schedule permits later in May or June. It's just too bad the next Friday the 13th isn't until January 2017. So we sorta lose the theme there.

IrishBouzouki
May 2nd, 2016, 12:37
I'm interested, but I will have to see if my boss will approve vacation for Friday May 13th. I will ask today and edit this post tonight if my vacation gets approved.
I also have games Saturday afternoon so would have to start a follow-up at a later time or on Sunday. If we can't stay conscious long enough to get through it on Friday night (for my time zone should be no problem, Central Europe, er, not so easy!).
The "May 2nd" xml and the chronicle from Godsmouth should be his updated files.
He's my "-1" character and at 3rd he's my highest level (and my only core character so far, my other society characters are 2nd and 1st brand-new level normals).

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 13:24
Spot is currently reserved for you, Irish. Hope the scheduling works out for you.

aerine
May 2nd, 2016, 13:32
I would LOVE to play :)Vin Sha, still lvl 3 right now

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 13:52
Spot reserved for you. Vin is at 8XP, yes. And she's your highest CORE character, iirc.

I've added a calendar link for sign ups.

Blackfoot
May 2nd, 2016, 15:47
I plan to bring Sputtwizzlefink to this one... although I could bring Gurgleplunk instead if it were necessary to have a Druid rather than an Illusionist.

Nemori
May 2nd, 2016, 16:31
I'd be interested, but sadly I'll be still missing 1 XP to lvl 2 after Sunday's game :-(

Edit: It looks like I'll make it, so I signed up as well.

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 18:09
I'd be interested, but sadly I'll be still missing 1 XP to lvl 2 after Sunday's game :-(

Edit: It looks like I'll make it, so I signed up as well.

See? We're good at taking care of each other. ;)

Glad you'll be set to go by the 13th. You may wish you weren't though. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 18:11
I plan to bring Sputtwizzlefink to this one... although I could bring Gurgleplunk.....

Is there some kind of requirement as to how much spittle you have to produce while saying your characters' names?

bigboom
May 2nd, 2016, 18:23
Is there some kind of requirement as to how much spittle you have to produce while saying your characters' names?

I think the minimum threshold is two good sprays, but three or more recommended...

HoloGnome
May 2nd, 2016, 20:38
I'm interested - Banthis Koradoom - 3rd Level Fighter/Monk...oh wait - can't bring him, since he will level from Tide of Twilight to level 4. I think I have Corpus Murdo, a 3rd level negative channeling cleric instead.

cmdisc
May 2nd, 2016, 21:09
The Module supports 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level characters. I am just offering the first spots to people whose highest level CORE characters are only 2nd or 3rd in order to give them a boost. Once they have their places at the table, I will open it up to others in the order of Alternates. I am also willing to run this again if there are enough for 2 tables.

HoloGnome
May 2nd, 2016, 21:17
OK - well...4th or 3rd then.

IrishBouzouki
May 2nd, 2016, 22:38
I got the day off so Madog will be there.

aerine
May 3rd, 2016, 02:54
For once, I'm being proactive on this one ;)

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2016, 05:12
Here are Sputtwizzlefink's Files:
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11frOIAmz4NIR0-xWbdXTW1BJ47821l9cdiDwOb-p_n4/edit?usp=sharing)

cmdisc
May 3rd, 2016, 07:13
OK - well...4th or 3rd then.

That would be perfect! :)

cmdisc
May 3rd, 2016, 07:29
I got the day off so Madog will be there.

Excellent!

cmdisc
May 9th, 2016, 10:36
I've updated the calendar to reflect times on the 14th and 15th in the event that we're unable to finish the module in one go on Friday.

I am currently tracking 3 solid seats filled. I know Victor expressed interest in joining and Aparicion signed up on the calendar, but I haven't heard anything here from them yet.

So if you're interested in this tier 2-4 module and if your highest CORE character is 3rd level or below, then seats are reserved for you. I will begin slotting Alternates soon to the empty seats. I'd like to do a 2nd table for this at some point. With my approaching move back to the States, however, my schedule will be tight. So a 2nd table might have to be pushed off until later in the year.

IrishBouzouki
May 9th, 2016, 12:11
I have a weekly game Saturdays at 2 so I can't play then. I added some other times Saturday 5 hours earlier/later that I *can* play, hope that is alright, if not go ahead and delete them.

Farnaby
May 10th, 2016, 05:20
Hi,

Here's Neeha, chroncile will be there as soon as Xazil gets it too me.

I'll be using a lot of summon monster so be prepared :)

cmdisc
May 11th, 2016, 18:40
For Friday I am currently tracking; IrishBouzouki, Aerine, Nemori, Bigboom, HoloGnome, and Farnaby.

I got word back from Victor and Aparicion that they won't be able to make the time and Blackfoot and d1wright have both dropped to make room for others. I'll have to see if I can do a 2nd table for them sometime.

There is a good chance we won't be able to finish on Friday, so we'll need a fallback time just in case. I've put up some extra dates for the following weekend since this Sat/Sun didn't seem to be working for a few people. I can also do during the week, evenings GMT. I'd hate to have to leave anyone out and dock them -1 XP/PP and -33% Gold, so let's see what might work for everyone.

cmdisc
May 11th, 2016, 18:42
Going off of memory, I believe I still need Bigboom's XML and chronicles from both Bigboom and Farnaby.

Farnaby
May 11th, 2016, 20:31
Here's Neeha's chronicle (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4rZ1R4bkd0MEJNeFZLbGpTcEFJMUJ0N2M5V1h3/view?usp=sharing).
Zaxil got the gold wrong, but everything else is fine.

xazil
May 12th, 2016, 13:06
Yeah, that Zaxil guy is almost as bad at math as I am.

IrishBouzouki
May 12th, 2016, 13:27
Just realized I owe you an updated xml with Madog's inventory management from after Tide of Twilight. I will post it here or email it to you sometime this evening or late-night. Sorry, that sneaked (snuk? snooked?) by me.

cmdisc
May 12th, 2016, 14:44
Yeah, that Zaxil guy is almost as bad at math as I am.

At least you have spelling to fall back on. :p

cmdisc
May 12th, 2016, 14:46
Just realized I owe you an updated xml with Madog's inventory management from after Tide of Twilight. I will post it here or email it to you sometime this evening or late-night. Sorry, that sneaked (snuk? snooked?) by me.

Yes, I believe a few people's XML's have changed since what they sent me. I imported what I had from Tide of Twilight for some of them, but I'm sure people have fiddled with their character sheets since then. Especially anyone who has leveled.

Farnaby
May 12th, 2016, 19:03
Hehe,

Here's the newest version (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4rZTd2dUtTdW1MaEhDRnJZdEdscThuc0JsTWk4/view?usp=sharing)

HoloGnome
May 12th, 2016, 19:29
...and don't even get me started on his brother, Zaxxon.

Farnaby
May 12th, 2016, 21:57

snuck ;)

cmdisc
May 12th, 2016, 22:17
Bigboom, I'm not sure if you got my email. One of them seemed to bounce. But there's an issue with your most recent Chronicle sheet that you sent me. As your character will be 2nd level going into this, you can't apply the credit from a Pregen to him right away (since he's not 1st). You'll have to wait until he's 4th level. If you want to stick with that and keep Lem, that's fine. But if you'd rather prep your 2nd level guy, make sure to get him to me by gametime.

IrishBouzouki
May 13th, 2016, 04:00
Madog updated xml... the captcha "I'm not a robot" is getting a little extreme nowdays (here click all the squares with such and such, oh, you did that, now, click all these too... cleaned up old attachments maybe that will help)

cmdisc
May 13th, 2016, 15:34
Ok, we're all set to go. Just waiting on Bigboom's files, but as long as I get them by start time, we're good. :)

I've prepped some sounds effects with Syrinscape. In the past, I've never been very happy with how poorly the audio seems to sound over TeamSpeak. I'm not sure how to make it better short of a better connection and sound card, but we'll see how it goes. I can always forego it if it isn't working. I went the AVC route (set computer to AVC, fire up Syrinscape, set computer to headset, fire up TeamSpeak, log in as two Identities; one as me and one as Syrinscape). If anyone happens to know of a better setup, I'm open to suggestions.

Otherwise, I plan to have the server up an hour before start time. I'm asking everyone to sign in early so that we can chitchat, work out any technical issues, and have our food and drinks ready so we can start on time. We'll see how much of this we can get through today.

cmdisc
May 14th, 2016, 08:10
Nice start to things, guys. Another full session will finish things up for us. Just remember that your characters are currently locked into events, so they won't be playable in any other games until we finish this out on the 21st. If you can't make the next session or want to pull your character out for another game (effectively ending your run), the standard penalty is -1 XP, -1 PP, and -1/3 Gold.

Farnaby, you're fine. You didn't miss anything significant. There was one fight that took place, but your character had been sent on a food run and was across town when it happened. So no penalties there. :) The group decided to end there to make sure you didn't lose anything. Plus I think a few of us were getting tired and/or hungry and had to wrap things up.

For next Saturday, I have 6pm GMT as the start time. If we started at 6pm, does anyone have a hard deadline facing them that we'd need to wrap up by? And if so, would anyone be against trying to start an hour earlier at 5pm?

bigboom
May 14th, 2016, 08:24
I don't have a hard deadline next Saturday (May 21). Starting at 6PM or earlier at 5PM GMT are both fine for me.

FYI, I'm in HG's Emerald Spire campaign which starts at 11AM GMT on that same Saturday, assuming we hold our regular session that day.

Farnaby
May 14th, 2016, 14:43
Damn, that was nice of you guys.

Looking forward to the next instalment.
And the soundtracks were really good. (Bloody flies...)

IrishBouzouki
May 14th, 2016, 16:43
Saturday May 21st I'm free whenever y'all want.

HoloGnome
May 15th, 2016, 15:24
Farnaby - you did miss something. You missed that Vin Sha is no-good, dirty pig killer! :D

Farnaby
May 15th, 2016, 15:36
What does she do with the clean pigs? :confused:

;)

HoloGnome
May 15th, 2016, 15:38
I imagine she de-wrinkles them with the pig iron.

cmdisc
May 20th, 2016, 07:58
Ok, just a reminder about our continuation with this on Saturday the 21st. The calendar start time is 6pm GMT, but if we can move that earlier to 5pm that would be best. We still have a significant chunk to go here.

IrishBouzouki
May 20th, 2016, 11:45
I'll plan to be on at 5pm GMT and hang around till we start.

Farnaby
May 20th, 2016, 18:43
Sure thing, 5 p.m. it is.

bigboom
May 20th, 2016, 19:22
I'll make it in time for 6PM for sure. However, I'm not certain if I'll make it in time for 5PM but I'll certainly try.

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2016, 04:55
Earlier is OK.

cmdisc
May 21st, 2016, 06:55
I'll make it in time for 6PM for sure. However, I'm not certain if I'll make it in time for 5PM but I'll certainly try.

I know these translate out to really early hours for you. Whatever you can manage will be fine. If everyone else arrives early we'll just go over recaps and planning. Then you can be brought up to speed once you're in. :)

HoloGnome
May 21st, 2016, 13:39
If everyone else arrives early we'll just go over recaps and planning. Then you can be brought up to speed once you're in. :)

Also, the pig murderer will, no doubt, have to be put on trial. Jury selection alone may take at least 5 minutes. You've heard of sham trials? Well, this will be a ham trial. *hawaiian barbecue emoji*

cmdisc
May 21st, 2016, 17:07
Server is up.

cmdisc
May 22nd, 2016, 02:21
Well that wraps up this module. Thanks for playing guys. The rolls were against you, but you managed to hang on. We had a few close calls, but fortunately no one died. Irish, I'll give you a summation of the end when I fire off Chronicles. If anyone needs last minute changes/purchases/whatever, let me know. Otherwise I'll just go off what's on the Notes tab of the character sheets.

Thanks again!

Nemori
May 22nd, 2016, 02:24
Thanks for the game, it was really fun.

HoloGnome
May 22nd, 2016, 22:37
Nice job! Thx for the game!

Farnaby
May 23rd, 2016, 04:56
Was great fun and your soundtrack works well.

cmdisc
May 23rd, 2016, 06:54
Was great fun and your soundtrack works well.

Yeah the quality was much better this time around. Normally there is a big difference between when I just have it coming out of my speakers and when it's broadcasting through TS. But this time I had to ask others just to make sure it was broadcasting because it was sounding too clear for it. Not sure why it was different this time from all the others, but I'm not complaining. :)