PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect weapon damage types.

darrenan
May 2nd, 2016, 05:59
I have discovered that short sword and dagger, if used in an NPC weapon entry without damage type specified ( for example: "dagger +5 (1d4+1/19-20)" ), apply incorrect damage type to the damage roll. Short sword applies "slashing" whereas it should be "piercing", and dagger applies "piercing" whereas it should be "slashing, piercing". This can easily be worked around by manually adding the correct damage types to the entry ( "dagger +5 (1d4+1/19-20 slashing,piercing)" ), but the ruleset should probably be fixed, and all the default weapon to damage type mappings reviewed, as these might not be the only two incorrect entries.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2016, 06:47
For short sword, I'll see what I can do. The challenge is that there is no specific format that weapon labels are forced to be in, so the parsing formula looks for a simple word match. I'll see if I can improve for short sword to use a limited form of multi-word matching.

For dagger, the situation is that the damage is actually OR, not AND. For efficiency of gaming, I agree it should probably just list both.

Regards,
JPG