PDA

View Full Version : Problem with IFT Effect in 3.5e

Gladiator66
May 1st, 2016, 18:40
I am trying to include racial bonuses for dwarves, gnomes, etc. when attacking goblinoids, kobolds, orcs, etc. I believe that I have set the effect up correctly, because it includes the "EFFECTS+1" in the chat window when an attack is made. However, the +1 bonus is not added to the attack roll against the orc, goblinoid, etc. As should be the case, this notation is not included when an attack is made against other types of monsters. This is what I used for the dwarf racial attack bonus vs. orcs, half-orcs and goblinoids.

IFT: TYPE(orc or half-orc or goblinoid); ATK: 1 racial

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? If you see a problem with how I configured the IFT effect, let me know. It could be a problem with the 3.5e system code in Fantasy Grounds, as well. Thanks.

Callum
May 1st, 2016, 22:04
I don't think you can OR them together. What I use is this:

IFT: TYPE(orc); ATK: 1; IFT: TYPE(goblinoid); ATK: 1

You might be able to just list them, though, like this:

IFT: TYPE(orc,goblinoid); ATK: 1

Gladiator66
May 2nd, 2016, 03:05
Callum - Thanks for the help and quick response. I used the format in your note, and continued to get the same result. The bonus is shown in the chat window for the correct targets, but the bonus is not actually added to the attack rolls. The attack rolls are the same for the creatures without the bonus and those that show they are getting the bonus. For example, the following would be shown in the chat window:

Dwarf: [ATTACK (M)] Dwarven waraxe
Attack[9]: ->[at Orc][EFFECTS +1][MISS]

However, the bonus shown for the actual die roll does not include the [EFFECTS +1]. It is the same bonus as if I attempt to hit a different type of creature without the bonus and that does not show [EFFECTS +1] when the dwarf attempts to hit it, e.g.

Dwarf: [ATTACK (M)] Dwarven waraxe
Attack[18]: ->[at Gnoll][HIT]

For both of these attack, a +3 bonus was added to the die roll. The attack against the orc should have had a +4 overall bonus when the racial bonus is included. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2016, 06:35
For ATK effects that are targeted (which includes IFT tags), the effect bonus only shows up in the tag, not in the total, but is taken into consideration for the hit calculation.

In v3.2.0, the effect modifier will be included in the total at the beginning of the AC comparison line, instead of embedded in the AC calculation only.

Regards,
JPG