PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a means to add a critical range modifier effect to a character or weapon?

pauljmendoza
April 30th, 2016, 23:13
Is there a means to increase the critical range (like from 20, to 19-20) as an effect or addition to a weapon?

pauljmendoza
April 30th, 2016, 23:13
This is for only one weapon type, unlike fighter's blanket ability.

Zacchaeus
April 30th, 2016, 23:25
Add "crit range 19" to the weapon's proerties

pauljmendoza
April 30th, 2016, 23:34
Sooooo Simple! Thanks!!

whiteTiki
May 1st, 2016, 00:27
Didn't know about that "crit range NUM" property either. Really cool.

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2016, 04:48
My Pike of the Inevitable Doom now has the property "crit range 1" !!

Zacchaeus
May 1st, 2016, 09:32
Indeed, 'Crit Range x' and 're-roll x' are not terribly well documented. I mention them in the wiki here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Creating_a_weapon) but I should also include them in the Items article too. When I get a minute I'll do that.

Klandare
January 27th, 2020, 03:16
Indeed, 'Crit Range x' and 're-roll x' are not terribly well documented. I mention them in the wiki here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Creating_a_weapon) but I should also include them in the Items article too. When I get a minute I'll do that.

Sorry to to bring this thread back to life but I had a question about trying to add the "crit range NUM" ability as an effect for a period of time. This is specifically for trying to code the Paladin, Oath of Heroism: Channel Divinity: Legendary Strike. The power guides your attacks for 1 minute, you weapon attack score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.

Is it even possible to code this effect? (It would be great is you were able to code it like crit range +1 which would just expand your current crit range by 1 - so if you already were criting on a 19 or 20 then it would become 18,19,20.)

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2020, 10:09
You can't apply a time limit to a weapon property.

For the one you describe you can add an effect of CRIT: 19 to the character and make it last for a minute.

Klandare
January 29th, 2020, 03:05
Thanks. That works great!

CogworkGoblin
April 11th, 2020, 04:52
deleted

Fangor77
May 1st, 2020, 02:22
I want the Crit to ONLY apply to targets with custom(HexbladeCursed) effect, which I can target on foes as needed. I tried setting up an IFT effect for Hexblade's Curse. The DMG portion works fine, but I can't add the CRIT: 19 portion to the effect:

WORKS:
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); DMG: [PRF]

WORKS:
CRIT: 19

DOES NOT WORK:
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); CRIT: 19
or
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); DMG: [PRF]; CRIT: 19

I want the CRIT to ONLY apply to targets with custom (HexbladeCursed) effect, which I can target on foes as needed. Any help?

ScriedRaven
May 1st, 2020, 15:07
I want the Crit to ONLY apply to targets with custom(HexbladeCursed) effect, which I can target on foes as needed. I tried setting up an IFT effect for Hexblade's Curse. The DMG portion works fine, but I can't add the CRIT: 19 portion to the effect:

WORKS:
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); DMG: [PRF]

WORKS:
CRIT: 19

DOES NOT WORK:
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); CRIT: 19
or
IFT: CUSTOM(HexbladeCursed); DMG: [PRF]; CRIT: 19

I want the CRIT to ONLY apply to targets with custom (HexbladeCursed) effect, which I can target on foes as needed. Any help?

Unfortunately the critical effect doesn't work with conditional modifiers. This is also why attacking a paralyzed creature doesn't auto-crit

Fangor77
May 3rd, 2020, 20:41
Thanks for the confirmation - makes sense with the IFT statement and how it works. Maybe future effects will have more conditional modifier support.