PDA

View Full Version : Par5e - NPC DMG Question

Zeleo
April 28th, 2016, 03:25
I'm having some trouble figuring out how to format dmg on an NPC to include 2 seperate dice in a single action. See example below. Par5e treats the 1d10 and 1d4 as seperate objects. I want to hove over it and it grab both. How would I do this? Example, see Black Dragon Wyrmling in monsters manual.

ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d10+2) piercing damage +2 (1d4) acid damage.

Thanks for the help!!

Roy

epithet
April 28th, 2016, 04:53
Looks like you need a space between the + and the 2. Try this:

Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage + 2 (1d4) acid damage.

Aaron
April 28th, 2016, 07:14
When I find I'm having difficulty with such things, I regularly go back to my Monsters Manual and look for a creature which has an effect similar to what I am trying to create. By looking at a dragon's bite for example, the MM shows:

Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d10 + 6) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.

My conclusion would be that instead of the '+' symbol between the two damage types you need a 'plus' word.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2016, 08:40
Looks like you need a space between the + and the 2. Try this:

Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage + 2 (1d4) acid damage.

This is the correct answer :)

When I find I'm having difficulty with such things, I regularly go back to my Monsters Manual and look for a creature which has an effect similar to what I am trying to create. By looking at a dragon's bite for example, the MM shows:

Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d10 + 6) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.

My conclusion would be that instead of the '+' symbol between the two damage types you need a 'plus' word.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

Actually in this case par5e will accept either plus or +; but this is good advice. Following the wording in the Monster Manual is the way to go.