PDA

View Full Version : Another connection test failure

RedPaladine
April 28th, 2016, 03:11
I was running games for a few months with no issue, then this week my players could not connect to my game. I have opened up port 1802 in my router and I have checked my firewall in avast to ensure Fantasy Grounds have been granted access. My connection test in the Fantasy Grounds window comes back as "Failure" and when I use https://www.canyouseeme.org/ for port 8012 I get a timed out error. Can someone help me get my connections working again. Please. Let me know what other information you need and I will provide it.

Thank you
RedPaladine

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2016, 03:24
I had this happen to me awhile back. For me it was because my router had re-assigned me a new local IP. So my port forwarding was targeted to the wrong computer (where it had once been correct).

Go into your router and check which devices are connected, check which IP is assigned to your computer and make sure that is still the correct IP that your port forwarding is configured for.

RedPaladine
April 28th, 2016, 03:33
Checked and the ip address is correct.

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2016, 05:34
Ok, well, one of the guys who knows networking will probably be along in a few hours and be able to help get you up and running.

damned
April 28th, 2016, 07:46
Send me a PM if you cannot resolve this.
If *nothing* has changed reboot the router.

RedPaladine
April 28th, 2016, 18:02
Thank you dammed, I will PM you tonight after work. I have rebooted everything, (computer, router, and cable modem). I am still having the same issue.

RedPaladine
April 29th, 2016, 01:24
Good news is I got Fantasy grounds working again. The bad news not really sure what the issue was or how I fixed it. I shut everything down to include the cable modem. When I booted everything back up it all worked again. Perhaps some port conflict. Thank you Damned but I think were all good now.

ddavison
April 29th, 2016, 02:38
I've seen routers quit working properly and get fixed with a reboot. This isn't just specific to FG, but I've seen that fix other issues or slowness before. If it happens frequently, it can be a sign that the router is about to fail and may need to be replaced. One of the more network savvy folks can correct me if I'm just being superstitious, but that's how I interpreted things.