PDA

View Full Version : Preloading maps

Morgentaler
April 27th, 2016, 22:53
I use to be able to log in with a second client, share all the maps. Then upload the client campaign.dat folder for them to download to smooth things out with my less than awesome internet. Now when I try to do that the campaign.dat doesn't grow in size..am I missing something?

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2016, 00:51
EDIT: removed because it was erroneous info!

damned
April 28th, 2016, 00:56
Is this a "second client" on the GM computer? if so it doesnt copy content that is local and available to that client...
You need to do it from another computer...

You can even get one of yuor players to logon midweek and get the updates and she/he can share the file with the other players.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2016, 12:54
To clarify what damned said - FG won't copy data locally that is stored in a module, as the module is available to the player instance on the same computer as well as the GM. If the image being shared is in a campaign, as opposed to a FG module, then the data will be copied to the campaign.dat file of the local player instance.

If your campaign.dat file isn't growing when you share something then that "something" is more than likely in a module, not in the base campaign.

To get all of the unique data the GM wishes to share (campaign and module data) in a player cache you will need to do as damned says - login as a player from a second computer and share the data to that second computer to create the more complete cache.