PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Heros Handbook

Dayson
April 27th, 2016, 21:25
I just received my Mutants and Masterminds Deluxe Hero's Handbook Third Edition. I will need the weekend to read it. After that, I will be ready to play.

TriOpticon
April 28th, 2016, 11:25
As a Player or as the GM? :)

Dayson
April 29th, 2016, 03:59
I am new to the system. That being said, if everyone can deal with that then I will be either.

Redemption77
April 29th, 2016, 19:42
Ive been running games for 30 years now and Ive been running mutants and masterminds since 1st edition. Im currently running a mutants and masterminds game on FG for a friend. I could possibly and I stress possibly as my real life is in a bit of flux currently, run a second game or be willing to play in a game if the times work out right

Dayson
April 29th, 2016, 19:46
Then it looks like we are building a small group of M&M players and GMs.

TriOpticon
April 29th, 2016, 19:56
I am up for playing. I have not been a GM enough to run it smoothly and I barely know how to make FG work with the M&M ruleset. My goal is to one day be comfortable enough to run M&M via FG, though, so hopefully no one person would always have to be GM.

Redemption77
April 29th, 2016, 21:28
I am comfortable with FG and the M&M ruleset for sure. I am still hoping it gets updated to the Core edition of FG which will give it even more brilliant features but right now its still a solid and fully working ruleset for sure.

Alright, let me look at my schedule and let me see what kind of players we can get. I will work up a campaign an we will get something underway. I have someone else who might want to join us, perhaps two.

DrakosDJ
April 30th, 2016, 06:03
Count me as interested in playing as well. It will heavily depend on the schedule though.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2016, 16:05
Count me in, also. I am Eastern USA and the only regular night I could not do it is Wednesday nights.

Dayson
April 30th, 2016, 17:05
Wow! What did I start? Great responses.

TriOpticon
April 30th, 2016, 17:16
Wow! What did I start? Great responses.With great power comes great responses. ;)

Dayson
May 1st, 2016, 19:15
I am leaning towards playing a Mystic (Dr. Strange inspired) in our game.

TriOpticon
May 2nd, 2016, 12:18
I am leaning towards playing a Mystic (Dr. Strange inspired) in our game.Have you checked out Green Ronin's Power Profiles? They have one for Magic Powers (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/101069/Mutants--Masterminds-Power-Profile-12-Magic-Powers?term=mystic&filters=0_0_44508_0_0&manufacturers_id=536). I have not seen that one but I have tried a couple of others. They really help give ideas for your powers.

DrakosDJ
May 3rd, 2016, 04:26
Yeah, the Power Profiles are fairly nice. I have them all, some are better than others but all-in-all they are nice.

Cosmic Z
May 3rd, 2016, 08:36
Count me in!

Dayson
May 4th, 2016, 16:54
Looks like we have enough to get started.

DrakosDJ
May 5th, 2016, 05:41
Looks like we have enough to get started.

That kinds depends on the schedule; as I said earlier.

TriOpticon
May 5th, 2016, 18:25
Must be a speedster mystic. ;)

Redemption77
May 5th, 2016, 23:08
Im looking at figuring out the schedule and then I will go ahead and post that in here so we can get an accurate count and I can put out the parameters of things

TriOpticon
May 6th, 2016, 11:33
Sounds good. Look forward to it!

tadkil
May 11th, 2016, 08:26
Is the game up? You guys playing?

TriOpticon
May 11th, 2016, 11:26
Has not started yet.

tadkil
May 11th, 2016, 14:30
Who is the GM? Have we figured that out yet?

TriOpticon
May 11th, 2016, 15:49
I believe Redemption77 has volunteered but just depends on schedule, etc.

tadkil
May 11th, 2016, 19:59
He did. I actually went and reviewed the thread. My bad. I currently DM an IRL game for me sons and their friends. I run a 5E game for a bunch of people I met in this forum. Looking for a game to play in and I would love to try this out out. Just don't have a ton of XP in the system and mastering the interface is going to be more challenging. There no live play examples on Youtube. Everything is in Roll20. I'm interested in playing and will fill in the tactical gaps for the team.

TriOpticon
May 11th, 2016, 20:11
I am in the same boat. Little experience IRL and no experience in FG. Overall, my FG experience is very small. Just a total of a couple of games (non M&M) so far.

MrKinister
May 13th, 2016, 03:08
This sounds like an interesting thread. I have plenty of xp in M&M 3rd, but mostly for Roll20 (which is a decent system, by the way), where I ran two session (as a learning experience). However, I have almost no experience in the FG interface, or how to work on a game/campaign.

Where can I find information on a possible game here?

tadkil
May 13th, 2016, 06:38
We're in the process of figuring that out. I DM 5E alot and would like to get some playtime in with M&M. My XP with the 5E interface with FG has been excellent. Much better than Roll 20 as a DM and a player. M&M is on a slightly older version of the interface and is less supported. Seems like there is more work for the GM based on the test work I have done with it.

MrKinister
May 13th, 2016, 06:47
Good to hear. I just finished building a character in the M&M ruleset for FG, and I can tell it is definitely in the "beta" stage. There are a few things that did not make sense to me, and some of the math had to be done by hand. Perhaps that is normal, or intended. A few details with scrolling also were rather unusual, where you could not create new powers entries because you ran out of space (?).

Perhaps I find myself lacking in FG interface experience, but that struck me as odd.

I look forward to seeing how this rule set will look like finished. =)

By the way, where can I find information on writing these rulesets?

TriOpticon
May 13th, 2016, 21:19
MrKinister, there are the wiki pages which has Developer Guides (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guides). I've only started creating an adventure (in D&D 5E as it seemed easiest) so I am not sure how in-depth they are for rulesets.

tadkil
May 13th, 2016, 21:33
I've built full adventures in 5E and also parsed out pdfs of modules. Those tools work well but do in part because of the substantial development work done by Doug and team but also by the community. The challenge for M&M is the size of the community and the relative skill sets of its members. Traditionally advancement in a rule set is driven by community members who champion that set and do the work under the guidance of the company's leadership. Someone with more experience and expertise on this issue can speak to this in greater detail than I can.

MrKinister
May 14th, 2016, 01:50
Thank you. I will take a look into it. I was thinking about creating something for the Hero System. I hope it's not too complicated to create.

Dayson
May 14th, 2016, 13:32
Blackfoot is already on that project. His is 5th edition based.

MrKinister
May 15th, 2016, 22:01
Interesting. I was thinking of a 6th Edition set. I did check out the documentation. And I have to say I took a step back when I realized how big of an undertaking this was actually going to be. Hmmm... I think I will give this some time to percolate. See what happens. Lua seems like a fine language to learn.

Redemption77
May 24th, 2016, 22:25
Sorry guys Im around and alive. Ive had some serious hurdles in real life recently so Ive been slow to get anything done outside of that, however Ive not forgotten you fine people. If someone else is able to start a game asap I would join as a player schedule permitting but for me to start running a game I will need a bit longer