PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds and new releases from Wizards

Rilmarion
April 27th, 2016, 21:05
Just read that wizards will be releasing a new supplement for D&D, Plane Shift Zendikar (https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/plane-shift-zendikar-2016-04-27). Could I look forward to seeing the stuff from this released for Fantasy Grounds or how does such things work?

callahan09
April 28th, 2016, 05:06
Is it against the rules to use PAR5E to create a module with the new races and monsters from Plane Shift Zendikar, and distribute it for free? It's a free PDF, so I thought it might be allowed, but I wasn't sure if that was allowed or not. Because I'm probably going to create such a module for my own personal use, it should be pretty easy to do, but I wasn't sure if I could share it with others here who are interested or not. For what it's worth, I really like the Kor race in the PDF. It's a nice Halfling variant, I think.

viresanimi
April 28th, 2016, 05:15
Its still their property. So no. It is not allowed. Go figure....

Vires Animi

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2016, 05:32
But, you can ask Doug ([email protected]) if you can do the conversion for SmiteWorks as they might be able to release it under license.

callahan09
April 28th, 2016, 14:52
But, you can ask Doug ([email protected]) if you can do the conversion for SmiteWorks as they might be able to release it under license.

Thanks for the tip! I'll probably just wait until I actually get around to doing it, and then if I've got something to show, I'll get in touch with him and see if he can use it.

ddavison
April 28th, 2016, 16:11
I've been in contact with Wizards of the Coast to discuss this. I love MtG and D&D, so this looks amazing to me. They said they will need to discuss with all parties internally to see what we can do officially. Otherwise, it's fair game for people to convert for personal use but not for sharing among each other.

Rilmarion
April 28th, 2016, 21:55
Cool. Will look forward to this if it goes through. Might need to also look into learning the par5e tool as well for backup.

sstarsslayer
May 20th, 2020, 05:02
I see Zendikar is also free PDF on DMsguild but I guess a Fantasy Grounds module for it doesn't exist still?

GavinRuneblade
May 20th, 2020, 10:34
I see Zendikar is also free PDF on DMsguild but I guess a Fantasy Grounds module for it doesn't exist still?

Wizards have not given permission for it. We can only have our own personal copies, but not share them.