PDA

View Full Version : Does FG Support the Entire W3 XML Document Specification?

Minty23185Fresh
April 27th, 2016, 16:11
The Ruleset Modification Guide posted online provides a link to the w3 XML document specification. Is everything in that specification supported in FG, specifically in the rulesets and extensions?

What I am interested in is moving each windowclass definition into its own xml file and out of the extension.xml file. It appears as though DOCTYPE and ENTITY will accomplish this. But I am unfamiliar with these constructs, the specification is not particularly enjoyable to wade through and the w3schools tutorials, at times, seem to gloss over some details. (Don't get me wrong, they're my go to free online tutorial resource. I love them, but I have seen them evade advanced subject matter.)

So before I muck into the specification, wade through the tutorials, and code hours of trial and error XML files, I just wanted to know if the full specification is supported in FG. That way I know if these efforts will be fruitful.

Thanks in advance.
(I apologize if this is covered elsewhere or if this is a redundant post, I searched, but the results were... Well less that fruitful. Hence the "whine" in another in another thread :).)

Moon Wizard
April 27th, 2016, 19:01
It implements a very specific subset as documented on the developer reference on the wiki.

If you want to move windowclass definitions (or any asset definitions) into their own files, use the includefile tag.

If you want to move script code into their own files, use the file attribute of the script tag.

Regards,
JPG